The Falcons game scares me...

Guest bengalrick

Guest bengalrick
Its not that atlanta is that dominent, or a better team than us... i think we have a better team from top to bottom than them... but football is about every given sunday... anything can happen, and it comes down to matchups 9 times out of 10... i see some real problems on sunday... the biggest reasons are b/c of their strenghts combined w/ our weaknesses...

- ever since we played them in the preseason last year, i realized how explosive their defense is, when it comes to pass rush... it will be hurt tremendously with the lose of abraham, but even so, w/ their explosive pass rush, and our very hurt line, i don't like this matchup... we need a big day out of our line again this week... and don't expect many long passes, b/c i don't see us having a bunch of time out there..

- the falcons lead the league in rushing... by over 400 yards... take away the yards vick has had, which is 441 and they are a close second in rushing yards... the falcons can flat out run the ball... they have led league, or damn close to for the past 3 years... and i don't have to explain to you guys what our run defense is, on average...

like i said, they can take away our strenghts (deep ball and no huddle) and can expose our weakness (run defense)... this game scares teh shit out of me... we could lose [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img]

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='371291' date='Oct 24 2006, 02:06 PM']This game is a home game for us.[/quote]

:unsure:

what do you mean? who said anything about that? :badger: :254: :D

<fixed> thanks jamie... had a brain fart....

it will still be a hard game...

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='GruntRobinson8' post='371312' date='Oct 24 2006, 02:16 PM']Their D line is not as good as Carolinas.[/quote]

imo, noones is... but our oline sucked for more than half the game against carolina... but i conceed that the falcons line isn't as good as carolinas... which is why we had very few deep balls on sunday, and why carson was on his ass so much...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='371289' date='Oct 24 2006, 02:03 PM']Its not that atlanta is that dominent, or a better team than us... i think we have a better team from top to bottom than them... but football is about every given sunday... anything can happen, and it comes down to matchups 9 times out of 10... i see some real problems on sunday... the biggest reasons are b/c of their strenghts combined w/ our weaknesses...

- ever since we played them in the preseason last year, i realized how explosive their defense is, when it comes to pass rush... it will be hurt tremendously with the lose of abraham, but even so, w/ their explosive pass rush, and our very hurt line, i don't like this matchup... we need a big day out of our line again this week... and don't expect many long passes, b/c i don't see us having a bunch of time out there..

- the falcons lead the league in rushing... by over 400 yards... take away the yards vick has had, which is 441 and they are a close second in rushing yards... the falcons can flat out run the ball... they have led league, or damn close to for the past 3 years... and i don't have to explain to you guys what our run defense is, on average...

like i said, they can take away our strenghts (deep ball and no huddle) and can expose our weakness (run defense)... this game scares teh shit out of me... we could lose [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img][/quote]

[img]http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/walt_disney/chicken_little/zach_braff/chicken8.jpg[/img]

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Flight985' post='371321' date='Oct 24 2006, 02:25 PM']On the flip side, Atlanta will be in trouble should the Bengals get out to a big lead like 10-0 or 14-0. Their offense is not built to come from behind.[/quote]

very good point... the key to the game very well could be the first two drives of the game...

on a side note, i don't have any stats to back this up, but so far this year, we seem to suck ass in the first quarter, and particularly on the first drive... last year, we would go up by 2 TD's early, like we need to on sunday, and the game would practically be over... we need to work on starting off better...

Guest fredtoast
Atlanta is not that scary. They have only beaten ONE team with a winning record (Carolina), and they have lost to the Giants and Saints by a combined score of [b]50-17[/b].

Their offense is dead last (32nd) in passing, 23rd in third down conversions, and 15th in scoring. They are by far the best rushing team in the league, but that is because of Vicks yardage. So they aren't really a dominating efficient rushing team. They rushed for over 300 yards against Tampa Bay but only scored 14 points.

Their defense is actually worse than ours in total yards allowed (20th). They are also 27th against the pass and tied with us for 13th in sacks.

It will be a tough game, but we will beat them at home.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='fredtoast' post='371350' date='Oct 24 2006, 02:51 PM']Atlanta is not that scary. They have only beaten ONE team with a winning record (Carolina), and they have lost to the Giants and Saints by a combined score of [b]50-17[/b].

Their offense is dead last (32nd) in passing, 23rd in third down conversions, and 15th in scoring. They are by far the best rushing team in the league, but that is because of Vicks yardage. So they aren't really a dominating efficient rushing team. They rushed for over 300 yards against Tampa Bay but only scored 14 points.

Their defense is actually worse than ours in total yards allowed (20th). They are also 27th against the pass and tied with us for 13th in sacks.

It will be a tough game, but we will beat them at home.[/quote]

about their running game... they have [url="http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-RUSHING/2006/regular?sort_col_1=7"]1333 total yards[/url] (giants are second so far, w/ 914)... take away [url="http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235253"]vicks 441 yards[/url], and they still have 892 yards on the ground, which would put them second.. of course, you can't exactly not count vick's running yards though, can we :D they have a hell of a rushing game... no way to hide it...

Guest IndianaBengal
[size=4]Fearless forecast. How do I know? I have a [b]talking beer can [/b] that tells all.[/size]

[size=4]Palmer 335 yd--Vick 165 yds-- edge to [color="#FF6600"]Palmer[/color]
Rudi 90 yds-- Dunn 110 yds-- edge to [color="#FF0000"]Dunn[/color]
Kelly 3 catchs/28 yds--Crumpler 8 catches 65 yds edge to [color="#FF0000"]Crumpler[/color]
Recievers CJ/TJ/CH---(they have none)--- edge to [color="#FF6600"]CJ/TJ/CH[/color]
O-line -- [color="#000099"]Draw[/color]
D-line-- Edge to [color="#FF6600"]Bengals[/color]
Secondary-- Edge to [color="#FF6600"]Bengals[/color].[/size]
[size=4]Coaching--Marvin vs (My dads still talking bout playoffs)-- edge [color="#FF6600"]Black Jesus[/color][/size]

[size=4][color="#FF6600"]Bengals 34[/color]---[color="#FF0000"]Falcons 20[/color][/size] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/26.gif[/img]

Gauicauc is gonna have to have another good game to contend with Rod Coleman and Grady Jackson. Rod Coleman is probably one of the best (if not the best) pass rushing DT in the NFL. When he's not getting sacks he's hurrying the QB.

Also, Willie against Patrick Kerney is gonna be a good matchup (for us).

I think Whitworth will have another good game.

im scared of jerious norwood. it was here, on this site, that i first saw him because someone started a thread in the preseaon with a compilation video of him. the dude is fast as fuck (fastest 40 at the combine if i remember right) and very agile... and how we often have trouble with tackling... im afraid he (dunn and vick too) could break off some huge plays agasint our sometimes poor tackling defense.

should be interesting.

[quote name='Flight985' post='371321' date='Oct 25 2006, 03:25 AM']On the flip side, Atlanta will be in trouble should the Bengals get out to a big lead like 10-0 or 14-0. Their offense is not built to come from behind.[/quote]

Dude, sweet sig banners.
MULLY

The key to the game is jumping out to an early lead and force the Falcons to pass
in order to catch up. This will neutralize Atlanta's run game and force Vick to prove
he can beat his with his arm. I like our chances alot, if this happens.

However, if we can't score alot of points and Atlanta is able to run at will on us,
this could look like the Patriots game.

[quote name='ONYX' post='371576' date='Oct 24 2006, 06:04 PM']The key to the game is jumping out to an early lead and force the Falcons to pass
in order to catch up. This will neutralize Atlanta's run game and force Vick to prove
he can beat his with his arm. I like our chances alot, if this happens.

However, if we can't score alot of points and Atlanta is able to run at will on us,
this could look like the Patriots game.[/quote]
I agree, but I can't help but wonder whom in that scenario would be more effective against our defense....Dunn or Vicki...........Vicky, Vickeee, .........
You know what, fuck this, we're going to kill those Freaknik bastards!!!!!!

Archived