Playstation 3

Jumpy

[quote name='Jumpy' post='375367' date='Oct 29 2006, 10:51 PM']Its coming out in November but Ive heard the asking price will be 450 bucks. Holy crap, I want one but shit man. I think Im gonna end up with my PS2 for a long time after it comes out.[/quote]

Ive been looking to preorder. If anyone knows where I can please PM me. Not Ebay either.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
its basically a 360 with the sony name and a lot of problems and 200 dollars more. they want 450 for the cheap ass version and 600 for the quality version.

PS3 is not going to be good and this is coming from someone who was a hardcore sony junkie.

Id like to wait untill some store is accepting your PS2 and some games to knock off the price. I did that to save some money for my PS2. Its not like you're gonna use it anymore, might as well trade up for the new shit.

plus theres going to be a serious amount of shortages on these systems, i don't remember the exact amount but each store is only getting like 30 on launch. personally i can't wiat for the Wii to come out, its going to be the cheapest of all the systems and it looks badass

[quote name='tracenuts' post='375616' date='Oct 30 2006, 10:32 AM']plus theres going to be a serious amount of shortages on these systems, i don't remember the exact amount but each store is only getting like 30 on launch. personally i can't wiat for the Wii to come out, its going to be the cheapest of all the systems and it looks badass[/quote]

i think its 15 per store... or something like that.
i heard like 400,000 in the U.S. at launch or something.
wii will pwn ASS.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='tracenuts' post='375616' date='Oct 30 2006, 10:32 AM']plus theres going to be a serious amount of shortages on these systems, i don't remember the exact amount but each store is only getting like 30 on launch. personally i can't wiat for the Wii to come out, its going to be the cheapest of all the systems and it looks badass[/quote]
its going to be 10 or less for most stores. There will be way less PS3s than 360s for launch date.

The Wii is going to be great tho. PS3 will be the worst of the 3 systems. 360 will be best overall, but the Wii is going to have some fun ass games and is pretty reasonably priced.

[quote name='WhoDey48' post='375658' date='Oct 30 2006, 11:10 AM'][b]i think its 15 per store[/b]... or something like that.
i heard like 400,000 in the U.S. at launch or something.
wii will pwn ASS.[/quote]
less than that.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='375729' date='Oct 30 2006, 12:26 PM']its going to be 10 or less for most stores. There will be way less PS3s than 360s for launch date.

The Wii is going to be great tho. PS3 will be the worst of the 3 systems. 360 will be best overall, but the Wii is going to have some fun ass games and is pretty reasonably priced.
less than that.[/quote]

as if you know any of this... last time i checked they didnt send secret information to random 15 yr olds online.... you have no clue except for net rumors you heard just like everyone else...

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='GoBengals' post='376730' date='Oct 31 2006, 10:28 PM']as if you know any of this... last time i checked they didnt send secret information to random 15 yr olds online.... you have no clue except for net rumors you heard just like everyone else...[/quote]
1) im 21
2) im pretty good friends with a sony rep, microsoft rep, and nintendo rep (microsoft the most) as i used to work for Gamestop and Biggs Electronics and have golfed with them among other things before.

k thx.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='376741' date='Oct 31 2006, 10:42 PM']1) im 21
2) im pretty good friends with a sony rep, microsoft rep, and nintendo rep (microsoft the most) as i used to work for Gamestop and Biggs Electronics and have golfed with them among other things before.
k thx.[/quote]

nice credentials. I believe you a-men

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='375729' date='Oct 30 2006, 12:26 PM']its going to be 10 or less for most stores. There will be way less PS3s than 360s for launch date.[/quote]

Preorders sold out so fast because each store only had 5 to sell. Dunno if they're expecting 5 more at each location, but I think 10 units per store is generous.

[quote]The Wii is going to be great tho. PS3 will be the worst of the 3 systems. 360 will be best overall, but the Wii is going to have some fun ass games and is pretty reasonably priced.
less than that.[/quote]

I'm super excited about the Wii. Should be great... I'm not quite ready to throw the dirt on top of the PS3 though. I think it's going to take a year before we have a sense of what it is capable of. It will eventually out eye-candy the 360, but I don't know if that will be enough.

Me? I have a fast computer, with loads of ram, and a dandy video card to satisfy my eye-candy needs. I want the Wii. I want something never seen or experienced. :)

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='sois' post='376752' date='Oct 31 2006, 10:57 PM']nice credentials. I believe you a-men[/quote]
thanks. it doesnt matter if people do or not because i really dont expect them to since it is so easy to lie on a message board. basically, it is my opinion with some behind the scenes/off the record information/opinions of people involved. When i did work for Biggs Electronics in Harrison we were the leading electronics seller of all Biggs and the reps visited us a lot because my manager made a lot of the decisions for all of the Biggs since we did so well. We regularly did 5000 more in sales than the other stores.

I guess we will see in the next few months when people get to try out the PS3. Lets just say I am a sucker for new systems and i love Sony, but i have no interest in getting the PS3.

[quote name='mongoloido' post='376761' date='Oct 31 2006, 11:15 PM']Preorders sold out so fast because each store only had 5 to sell. Dunno if they're expecting 5 more at each location, [b]but I think 10 units per store is generous.[/b]
I'm super excited about the Wii. Should be great... I'm not quite ready to throw the dirt on top of the PS3 though. I think it's going to take a year before we have a sense of what it is capable of. It will eventually out eye-candy the 360, but I don't know if that will be enough.

Me? I have a fast computer, with loads of ram, and a dandy video card to satisfy my eye-candy needs. I want the Wii. I want something never seen or experienced. :)[/quote]
i think so too.

I think the Wii will be a great buy and no one will regret it, but i believe the 360 is the best overall system. Sonys only advantage is games, but Microsoft is starting to get some great games and starting to get them on Xbox only. Once microsoft is able to get a few quality RPGs in a row together, it could be over. RPGs are what is keeping Sony on top.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='376730' date='Oct 31 2006, 10:28 PM']as if you know any of this... last time i checked they didnt send secret information to random 15 yr olds online.... you have no clue except for net rumors you heard just like everyone else...[/quote]
The exact number to be released in the US has, in fact, been released. The per store number is a calculated value based on the number to be sold in the US based on initial release.

[url="http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060315-6385.html"]http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060315-6385.html[/url]
[quote]Finally, Kutaragi got to the PlayStation 3. The launch date for the PS3 was announced as being some time within the first ten days of November 2006. Unlike the PlayStation 2, this launch is now scheduled for simultaneous release in Japan, the United States and Europe, emulating Microsoft's worldwide launch strategy with the Xbox 360. Sony is targeting a production rate of 1 million units a month for each market, bringing available units up to 6 million worldwide through November and December 2006, Kutaragi said.[/quote]

I can't wait for the PS3!

PS3 + eBay =

[img]http://www.bigbangmg.com/ChaChingLink.gif[/img]

B)

I'd max my CC's out on them if I could, but I'm sure no store will let me buy all their stock. Maybe 2 if i'm lucky. Then again, I probably won't be able to get my hands on one. I'll probably be working on release day, the store I use to work at didn't do preorders. It will be first come first serve, when the 360s came out they didn't hold any for employees, you had to wait hours in line like everyone else. If I dont have to work that day, I know where I'll be!

I will buy a Wii to keep though! No reSelling that!

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='376782' date='Nov 1 2006, 12:41 AM']Once microsoft is able to get a few quality RPGs in a row together, it could be over. RPGs are what is keeping Sony on top.[/quote]

[url="http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/b/bluedragonxbox360/"]Blue Dragon[/url] is the one I've read a lot about. The [url="http://youtube.com/watch?v=8aNU-ib-BI8"]trailer[/url] looks pretty impressive.

Should I find myself with some fun money after Christmas, I might even look into getting a 360 for some of these games. I'll be getting a Wii, and Zelda (and Trauma Center for my girlfriend) in a few weeks though, so it's tough to justify a 360 right now. :)

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='Notorious' post='376827' date='Nov 1 2006, 09:32 AM']I can't wait for the PS3!

PS3 + eBay =

[img]http://www.bigbangmg.com/ChaChingLink.gif[/img][/quote]

Actually, right now PS3 + eBay = lots of trouble. People were trying to eBay their preorders, and getting into hot water for selling items they didn't physically posess. What happens when they have the PS3 in hand is going to be nuts though.

[quote name='mongoloido' post='376833' date='Nov 1 2006, 09:45 AM']Actually, right now PS3 + eBay = lots of trouble. People were trying to eBay their preorders, and getting into hot water for selling items they didn't physically posess. What happens when they have the PS3 in hand is going to be nuts though.[/quote]

people are retarded that try to sell their pre-orders, of course theres going to be trouble with that. why not wait until you acctaully have the system and then put up an ad on ebay. people will try the stupidest shit to get money

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='mongoloido' post='376831' date='Nov 1 2006, 09:42 AM'][url="http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/b/bluedragonxbox360/"]Blue Dragon[/url] is the one I've read a lot about. The [url="http://youtube.com/watch?v=8aNU-ib-BI8"]trailer[/url] looks pretty impressive.
Should I find myself with some fun money after Christmas, I might even look into getting a 360 for some of these games. [b]I'll be getting a Wii, and Zelda (and Trauma Center for my girlfriend) in a few weeks though, so it's tough to justify a 360 right now.[/b] :)[/quote]
i want that Zelda so bad, but i cant afford to buy a Wii :(

[quote name='tracenuts' post='376845' date='Nov 1 2006, 10:25 AM']people are retarded that try to sell their pre-orders, of course theres going to be trouble with that. why not wait until you acctaully have the system and then put up an ad on ebay. people will try the stupidest shit to get money[/quote]
well, not everyone that preordered will get the system. just like the 360. so these people were trying to get a ton of money and not have to go in line or risk the chance of not getting a day 1 release.

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='376848' date='Nov 1 2006, 10:28 AM']i want that Zelda so bad, but i cant afford to buy a Wii :([/quote]

I'm skating the financial thin ice right now, but I avoided the 360, and held off on upgrading the video card on my computer. I should be able to squeak out a Wii, an extra controller set, and Zelda... Duke Energy may dislike me for a month or two though. :o

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='376741' date='Oct 31 2006, 10:42 PM']1) im 21
k thx.[/quote]

yea? well my mom married santa clause.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='mongoloido' post='377000' date='Nov 1 2006, 03:17 PM']I'm skating the financial thin ice right now, but I avoided the 360, and held off on upgrading the video card on my computer. I should be able to squeak out a Wii, an extra controller set, and Zelda... Duke Energy may dislike me for a month or two though. :o[/quote]
ill have to come by. ill bring my 360 too ;)

[quote name='GoBengals' post='377297' date='Nov 2 2006, 12:32 AM']yea? well my mom married santa clause.[/quote]
hater!

Guest mongoloido

[url="http://us.wii.com/soft_loz_tp.jsp"]http://us.wii.com/soft_loz_tp.jsp[/url]

They have the opening splash video up, a killer trailer, and some neat videos of people trying out the sword and the bow... This game is gonna rock so hard. :D

Archived