Like to smoke when you drink?

BengalsFREAK

smoking is possibly the most pointless ignorant nonsense i have ever seen, there is no benifit, and several downsides, bars and restaurants will gain several ptrons who have been avoiding the smoke filled cess pools all this time. its my choice not to cough until i puke blood because some cocksmokes ciggerette triggered my asthma, smokers have no right to impose health risks on the general public. smoking should be banned in all public places completely. I have the eright to masterbate at home, i guess i should be able to masterbate outside the front door of your work? i can drive my own car all over my yard, can i drive my car all over your front yard?

if your a smoker, your a stupid bastard, if you think you have the smallest right to smoke near me and hurt my health, fuck you.

its about time ohio did something right, ...i still hate this place tho.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='381977' date='Nov 8 2006, 08:21 PM']smoking is possibly the most pointless ignorant nonsense i have ever seen, there is no benifit, and several downsides, bars and restaurants will gain several ptrons who have been avoiding the smoke filled cess pools all this time. its my choice not to cough until i puke blood because some cocksmokes ciggerette triggered my asthma, smokers have no right to impose health risks on the general public. smoking should be banned in all public places completely. I have the eright to masterbate at home, i guess i should be able to masterbate outside the front door of your work? i can drive my own car all over my yard, can i drive my car all over your front yard?

if your a smoker, your a stupid bastard, if you think you have the smallest right to smoke near me and hurt my health, fuck you.

its about time ohio did something right, ...i still hate this place tho.[/quote]
:huh:

ok, then dont go to places that allow their patrons to smoke. is that really so hard? who benefits from banning smoking in bars? certainly not the businesses that WILL lose customers, and certainly not the customers who only venture to bars in order to poison their livers, if the smoke was such a large issue they wouldnt go there and either stay home or only venture to establishments that ban smoking or at least section it off away from those who wish not to be around it.

sounds like pretty simple non-issue where the govt has overstepped their bounds.

basiscly the people that don't smoke decided to make the decisions for the ones that do, by voting on issue 4 and 5 where you no longer can smoke in any bar or restaurant anymore! fuck those mother fuckers. their basicly telling me how to run my business! :rant: that is really going to hurt a lot of businesses, especially bars. it's not that bad for me since our restaurant is non smoking except for the bar area, but no more! my customers can't even do that, and i think thats horse shit. why don't they just quit making and selling that shit so we don't have to worry about it anymore. from what i understand it starts as of january, and i know a lot of people are going to be upset over this! :rant: :rant: :rant:

Guest CincyInDC

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='382018' date='Nov 8 2006, 09:54 PM']basiscly the people that don't smoke decided to make the decisions for the ones that do, by voting on issue 4 and 5 where you no longer can smoke in any bar or restaurant anymore! fuck those mother fuckers. their basicly telling me how to run my business! :rant: that is really going to hurt a lot of businesses, especially bars. it's not that bad for me since our restaurant is non smoking except for the bar area, but no more! my customers can't even do that, and i think thats horse shit. why don't they just quit making and selling that shit so we don't have to worry about it anymore. from what i understand it starts as of january, and i know a lot of people are going to be upset over this! :rant: :rant: :rant:[/quote]

dude...you're a little late to get in on this with the wolves...

[url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=24860"]http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=24860[/url]

Guest steggyD
[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='382028' date='Nov 8 2006, 10:00 PM']how do you go to a bar and not smoke ?[/quote]
I agree with the bar thing. Smoking should probably be allowed in bars, but restaurants, no.

[quote name='steggyD' post='382027' date='Nov 8 2006, 10:00 PM']Smokers will get over it. It's all going to be ok.[/quote]
possibly... but definitely not in the short term. all this does is add insult to injury to an already struggling small business community in ohio.

fuck this law, and i dont even smoke.

[quote name='steggyD' post='382032' date='Nov 8 2006, 10:04 PM']I agree with the bar thing. Smoking should probably be allowed in bars, but restaurants, no.[/quote]

The thing is smoke doesn't know wher the smoking section end so it drifts over anyway. How many times have you been somewhere and and get seated next to the partition wall or booth 1/2 window seperating you from the smoking section and you still get to enjoy 2nd hand smoke. resturants and bars make their money on food and drink..not the smoke. So I say fuck the smoke. A smoker doesn't go in to an establishment..a non smoker may come in and bring a few friends..you never know. ;)

Guest Coy Bacon

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='382018' date='Nov 8 2006, 09:54 PM']basiscly the people that don't smoke decided to make the decisions for the ones that do, by voting on issue 4 and 5 where you no longer can smoke in any bar or restaurant anymore! fuck those mother fuckers. their basicly telling me how to run my business! :rant: that is really going to hurt a lot of businesses, especially bars. it's not that bad for me since our restaurant is non smoking except for the bar area, but no more! my customers can't even do that, and i think thats horse shit. why don't they just quit making and selling that shit so we don't have to worry about it anymore. from what i understand it starts as of january, and i know a lot of people are going to be upset over this! :rant: :rant: :rant:[/quote]

Although I'm not for increasing the police powers of the state, they're actually not telling you how to run your business; they're telling you that you must indugle yourself in your filthy addiction somewhere where it can't afflict decent people (or the scurrilous laggards that frequent the dens of iniquity in which you loiter) with noxious fumes. What is so hard to understand about that?

Guest steggyD
Small businesses get screwed all the time. I just don't see how it's going to hurt all that much. People do not like to sit at home and make their own dinners any more. Grocery stores are losing more and more business every year, which leaves us with Wal-Mart to shop at, and Wal-Mart sucks for grocery shopping.

And people will always go out and drink beer. And after a few drinks, smokers won't mind stepping outside to smoke, seriously. After a few drinks, I don't mind much of anything.

Guest CincyInDC

[quote name='steggyD' post='382039' date='Nov 8 2006, 10:11 PM']After a few drinks, I don't mind much of anything.[/quote]

except maybe people smoking around you.

:ninja:

Guest steggyD

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='382040' date='Nov 8 2006, 10:12 PM']except maybe people smoking around you.

:ninja:[/quote]
:lol:

That was funny. Good response. I liked that.

[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='382038' date='Nov 8 2006, 10:10 PM']Although I'm not for increasing the police powers of the state, they're actually not telling you how to run your business; they're telling you that you must indugle yourself in your filthy addiction somewhere where it can't afflict decent people (or the scurrilous laggards that frequent the dens of iniquity in which you loiter) with noxious fumes. What is so hard to understand about that?[/quote]

coy, my restaurant is non smoking! but the bar area is, so people could still eat and not get bothered, but if you wanna step away for a cig. you could take it to the bar! and it's been fine like that for years! now i can't even do that. but hey, once the doors are locked, i could do whatever i want [img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/nammari/shareblunt.gif[/img]

Guest Coy Bacon
[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='382050' date='Nov 8 2006, 10:36 PM']coy, my restaurant is non smoking! but the bar area is, so people could still eat and not get bothered, but if you wanna step away for a cig. you could take it to the bar! and it's been fine like that for years! now i can't even do that. but hey, once the doors are locked, i could do whatever i want [img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/nammari/shareblunt.gif[/img][/quote]

As a musician I'm biased. When I'm working a restaurant, I'm usually in the bar area. I am all for keeping people from smoking in there. Even with smoke eaters it's not healthy for me or the other people that work there. When the late Duke Ellington was diagnosed with emphysema, his whole band was tested. They all exhibited symptoms of one stage or the other of emphysema from playing in smoky rooms all the time. I used to play in a couple of bands with a guy that played with the Ellington band under Duke's direction and then under his son Mercer Ellington. He died of throat cancer.

I tell you what you do - slap on a nicotine patch and suck on a straw when you go to the bar.

[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='382062' date='Nov 8 2006, 11:01 PM']As a musician I'm biased. When I'm working a restaurant, I'm usually in the bar area. I am all for keeping people from smoking in there. Even with smoke eaters it's not healthy for me or the other people that work there. When the late Duke Ellington was diagnosed with emphysema, his whole band was tested. They all exhibited symptoms of one stage or the other of emphysema from playing in smoky rooms all the time. I used to play in a couple of bands with a guy that played with the Ellington band under Duke's direction and then under his son Mercer Ellington. He died of throat cancer.

I tell you what you do - slap on a nicotine patch and suck on a straw when you go to the bar.[/quote]

So Coy what instrument do you play? I'm guessing bass guitar or sax.

Guest BengalBacker
I don't see how anyone can disagree with oldschoolers point. We've had these threads before and I'm not going to repeat everything I've said several times before. Old pretty much said it all anyway.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='sneaky' post='382076' date='Nov 8 2006, 11:31 PM']So Coy what instrument do you play? I'm guessing bass guitar or sax.[/quote]

I'm picturing a harp......

Archived