World of Warcraft

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='386887' date='Nov 14 2006, 10:34 PM']I'll add.

I dabble with Warcraftiii now. That's about it. Haven't touched my console in awhile. After the season I am going to rape Madden.

Played the shit out of warcraft 2, and 1, and starcraft, and diablo, and diablo 2.

I'm a Blizzard baby. I was destined to play WOW. I had been watching the Beta grow for a year.

Never started WOW because I was in boot camp, and the aforementioned talent gap because of that delay. I believe it came out near or on the same day as GTA and Halo 2. I remember because we were in the haircut line nuts to butts and everbody was talking about it about 6 weeks into boot because the DI wasn't around.

I've played a little Age of Empire. Too gritty looking and expansive without actually being good. I liked where Red Alert was going.

Fable blows. Worst 50 bucks I ever spent. Beat it once through without expanding or going evil in like 2 days and sold it right back.

Battlefield 2 Modern Combat is the best single player FPS I've played. Ever.
The online isn't bad either. Could be a little better.

Best console game that nobody plays is Kingdom Under Fire

Completely doesn't fit in any category, but is the best game and has great duration, replayability, online play, and an expansion if you can't get enough. An expansion I never finished, that's how much there was.

Also played KOTOR II. Pretty good, a little too guided. That's about it.[/quote]

KOTOR II was good, but the story line wasnt nearly as good as the first and that pissed me off.

Best game for xbox is the Splinter Cell series, I absolutly love that series.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='tracenuts' post='386905' date='Nov 14 2006, 11:09 PM']Fable pissed me off... you play the whole game (which isn't alot) in order to get the amazing sword (i don't remember what its called) but once you get it theres no more missions to do or anything so its pretty much useless.[/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='386911' date='Nov 14 2006, 11:17 PM']:0stfu:
I am also awaiting Fable 2 (to come out next year, I believe)
good times indeed[/quote]
will u GRAW wit me?

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='386913' date='Nov 14 2006, 11:21 PM']KOTOR II was good, but the story line wasnt nearly as good as the first and that pissed me off.
Best game for xbox is the Splinter Cell series, I absolutly love that series.[/quote]
i got sick of Splinter Cell after the first one and whats funny as hell is i bought the Xbox specifically for Splinter Cell.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='386930' date='Nov 14 2006, 11:51 PM']You me and P4HOF can graw sometime, it wolnt be till my semester is over in mid december and I have time though.[/quote]
how old are you?

I don't know why Starcraft II isn't on there plate as the next definitive step in RTS.

Ghost is obviously failed, and Starcraft was really the first to do anything more than paired races. 3 races was genious, and it had very good balance even pre Xpac.

Splinter Cell is good, I just hate the scoring. I obviously want to score high when I play the game, but you can't score well unless you don't touch a soul, make less noise than a mouse and leave a mint on everyone's pillow before you exit the compound.

It's gay. If the scoring was more dynamic it'd be a lot better. And because of the scoring I find myself waiting too long to execute the perfect sequence to get through a given situation.

They have come a long way though, with none pathed mapping, it's really given the game a lot of realism. There needs to be more environmental interaction, climbing and so on and more user friendlyness. They need to get the Madden 07 interface guys in there to clean things up a bit.

BTW, what I liked about KOTOR was it's playtime. I think I got 49 hours out of it, doing a light side character one time through. That's pretty good. When I saw the 49 hours though, I couldn't bring myself to do a dark side character. I had to sell it back.

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='Tigris' post='386708' date='Nov 14 2006, 04:57 PM']how many hours have you put it in it? i have 80 so far and havent played it for months. i played it for about 5 minutes today to show a friend.

i remember bad ass bengal talking about jade empire (or maybe it was thurmanmunster), i dont know... but they said it was good.[/quote]

I've got about 140 hours in :crazy:

Then again I'm unemployed, so what the hell else am i gonna do

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='387048' date='Nov 15 2006, 09:56 AM']I don't know why Starcraft II isn't on there plate as the next definitive step in RTS.

Ghost is obviously failed, and Starcraft was really the first to do anything more than paired races. 3 races was genious, and it had very good balance even pre Xpac.

Splinter Cell is good, I just hate the scoring. I obviously want to score high when I play the game, but you can't score well unless you don't touch a soul, make less noise than a mouse and leave a mint on everyone's pillow before you exit the compound.

It's gay. If the scoring was more dynamic it'd be a lot better. And because of the scoring I find myself waiting too long to execute the perfect sequence to get through a given situation.

They have come a long way though, with none pathed mapping, it's really given the game a lot of realism. There needs to be more environmental interaction, climbing and so on and more user friendlyness. They need to get the Madden 07 interface guys in there to clean things up a bit.

BTW, what I liked about KOTOR was it's playtime. I think I got 49 hours out of it, doing a light side character one time through. That's pretty good. When I saw the 49 hours though, I couldn't bring myself to do a dark side character. I had to sell it back.[/quote]

Agreed about Starcraft II.

As far as splinter cell scoring I really dont pay attention to that stuff, just give me a good game with a good storyline that makes me want to keep playing and Im good to go.

KOTOR II storyline wasnt as good as the 1st one even though they made some improvments in the gameplay (like adding fighting styles). But your dead on as to the playtime, Fable is a similar game in terms of the type of gameplay (meaning what you do effects a "side" you choose) but my chief complaint was the same as yours, too short. I finished it in a weekend (without the sidequests), whereas it took me 3 weeks to get through KOTR and I stayed up all night on my fridays and saturdays to get through it (I was that enthrawed by its storyline being such a star wars homer)

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='387298' date='Nov 15 2006, 03:27 PM']Agreed about Starcraft II.

As far as splinter cell scoring[b] I really dont pay attention to that stuff, just give me a good game with a good storyline that makes me want to keep playing and Im good to go.
[/b]
KOTOR II storyline wasnt as good as the 1st one even though they made some improvments in the gameplay (like adding fighting styles). But your dead on as to the playtime, Fable is a similar game in terms of the type of gameplay (meaning what you do effects a "side" you choose) but my chief complaint was the same as yours, too short. I finished it in a weekend (without the sidequests), whereas it took me 3 weeks to get through KOTR and I stayed up all night on my fridays and saturdays to get through it (I was that enthrawed by its storyline being such a star wars homer)[/quote]
thats what gears of war is like.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='387294' date='Nov 15 2006, 03:21 PM']31[/quote]
how come ur in school? didnt go after HS or are u just going back? from other posts ive read i thought u had a job and that was it.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='387409' date='Nov 15 2006, 07:28 PM']thats what gears of war is like.
how come ur in school? didnt go after HS or are u just going back? from other posts ive read i thought u had a job and that was it.[/quote]

Hmm I may have to get gears of war then, problem is im so busy with school and still have other games that it may be a while.

I got the job, but am finishing up so I can get promoted because Im stalled as far as how far I can go when the goverment puts a premium on education.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='387449' date='Nov 15 2006, 08:04 PM']Oh also the Ninja Giaden was really really good, but I got stuck when I had to take on the helicopter by shooting arrows at it. That was tooo damn hard.[/quote]
i have ninja gaiden and i think it is good, but i never really got into it and i heard it is tough as shit.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='387450' date='Nov 15 2006, 08:06 PM']Anyone want to play GRAW, COD, OR MADDEN TONIGHT?[/quote]
GRAW/Madden in an hour or so, i gotta write a paper.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='387466' date='Nov 15 2006, 08:34 PM']ah, dont have it.[/quote]
it came out when GOW came out.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='387473' date='Nov 15 2006, 09:08 PM']i have ninja gaiden and i think it is good, but i never really got into it and i heard it is tough as shit.
GRAW/Madden in an hour or so, i gotta write a paper.
it came out when GOW came out.[/quote]

Yeah its tough I couldnt finish it because I got to that helicopter that you have to take out with your arrows and kept getting my ass kicked.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='387450' date='Nov 15 2006, 08:06 PM']Anyone want to play GRAW, COD, OR MADDEN TONIGHT?[/quote]
WHERE YOU AT???????????????????/

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='387778' date='Nov 16 2006, 03:39 PM']I have work in the mornings bro. I go to bed at midnight.[/quote]
i posted at 9 for in an hour. that woulda meant 10pm to play. and u were nowhere around.

i got school in the morning and i still played.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='387787' date='Nov 16 2006, 03:51 PM']i posted at 9 for in an hour. that woulda meant 10pm to play. and u were nowhere around.
i got school in the morning and i still played.[/quote]

Next time send me a message or something... I don't come on to see if you are lurking around.

Also, school in no way shape or form equals a real grown up job. Trust me, I've had both.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='387880' date='Nov 16 2006, 05:55 PM']Next time send me a message or something... I don't come on to see if you are lurking around.
Also, school in no way shape or form equals a real grown up job. Trust me, I've had both.[/quote]
depends on ur job, PM me ur 360 gamertag.

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='387891' date='Nov 16 2006, 06:04 PM']I agree, school is harder.

I've had both. You can schlep your way through almost any job.[/quote]
:lol:

agree? that means u disagree with him, but agree with me.

Archived