OSU/Michigan Thread

[quote name='crazybengalgirl' post='386506' date='Nov 14 2006, 02:03 PM']You know, Chris Perry should worry about helping the Bengals win than running his mouth. I know he played at Michigan, but he should have bigger fish to fry or Saints... ;)[/quote]
Thats what i was thinking.

He hasn't really done shit this year...even though he had a injury...but he needs to be focused on the game(saints) this week...because its going to be the biggest one he has had to play yet.

BTW fuck michigan...i can't wait till saturday to watch the scarlet and gray run them up and down the field.

Guest IndianaBengal
Michigan beat Iu, badly, but not real bad.
OSU beat IU, not just bad, but [size=4][b]REALLY BADLY.[/b] [/size]

So OSU must be more badasss. Osu 24-----Michigan20..

I' be watching the IU/Purdue game at noon. Maybe this is a late game? so I can watch it too.

[quote name='bengals8580' post='386619' date='Nov 14 2006, 03:31 PM']hahah #2 texas, wat a joke. Texas just lost to terrible Kansas State. @ Iowa, who is terrible. They lost to Northwestern. Ohio State is overrated. MICHIGAN DOMINATES, end of story. And im not a michigan fan[/quote]what the fuck are you talking about?

theres no way you can be this stupid

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='386683' date='Nov 14 2006, 04:35 PM']michigan is going to kill osu

and chad henne is a much better qb than troy smith... right now its about even, but henne will be a way better pro, and his senior year will be better than smiths

chris perry is spot on in all of his comments[/quote]
shitty henne isnt even comparable to troy smith, as a matter of fact he doesnt even deserve to be on the same playing field as troy smith given the fact troy is far beyond mere heads and shoulders above chad shitty henne.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='386827' date='Nov 14 2006, 08:39 PM']shitty henne isnt even comparable to troy smith, as a matter of fact he doesnt even deserve to be on the same playing field as troy smith given the fact troy is far beyond mere heads and shoulders above chad shitty henne.[/quote]
:lol: Troy Smith isnt "heads and shoulders above" anyone, whats he 5'10"?

Troy Smith = 2nd round draft pick at best, probly 3rd or 4th
Chad Henne = first round pick in 07, possibly top 5 if he continues to progress like he has this year

Henne has a stronger arm, more prototypical passer, much better size. Smith is playing alright but its like Perry said, he doesnt deserve the heisman. The only reason hes in consideration is because there are no standouts this year at all. All 3 canidates last season were better than whoever wins it this year.

Guest Bengals1181

[quote name='bengals8580' post='386619' date='Nov 14 2006, 03:31 PM']hahah #2 texas, wat a joke. Texas just lost to terrible Kansas State. @ Iowa, who is terrible. They lost to Northwestern. Ohio State is overrated. MICHIGAN DOMINATES, end of story. And im not a michigan fan[/quote]

weren't you the one vehemently calling for the head of Marvin and the entire coaching staff just 2 days ago??? Yea, thought so.

:wave: <------- This is me waiving goodbye to your football credibility.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='386858' date='Nov 14 2006, 09:39 PM']weren't you the one vehemently calling for the head of Marvin and the entire coaching staff just 2 days ago??? Yea, thought so.
[b] :wave: <------- This is me waiving goodbye to your football credibility.[/b][/quote]

How can you wave goodbye to something that never showed up in the first place. ^_^

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='386856' date='Nov 14 2006, 09:37 PM']:lol: Troy Smith isnt "heads and shoulders above" anyone, whats he 5'10"?

Chad Henne = first round pick in 07, possibly top 5 if he continues to progress like he has this year

Henne has a stronger arm, more prototypical passer, much better size. Smith is playing alright but its like Perry said, he doesnt deserve the heisman. The only reason hes in consideration is because there are no standouts this year at all. All 3 canidates last season were better than whoever wins it this year.[/quote]
youve got to be fucking kidding me, troy smith is 6' 1" and chad henne is all of 6' 2"

so what? are you seriously suggesting that in spite of the fact that troy is far more accomplished qb and has had a better college career, that teams would rather have henne because he is an inch taller than him? youre crazy

chad henne isnt even in the same ballpark as troy smith.

[b]troy smith[/b] = [i]169[/i] passer rating, [i]26:4[/i] td/int ratio, [i]2191[/i] passing yards on the same amount of attempts, [i]66.4%[/i] pass completion, [i]8.6[/i] ypa, with [i]221[/i] yards rushing
[b]chad henne[/b] = 144 passer rating, 18:7 td/int ratio, 1932 passing yards, 61.9% pass completion, 7.7 ypa, with -10 yards rushing

as you can clearly see, troy smith is not only better than shitty henne in every statistical category imaginable, he also adds another dimension with his legs. additionally, chad henne will never have a ring and is merely an inch taller than troy, while troy will be basking in the glow of a national championship win and an early pick with additional fat contract.

Guest BlueKat

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='386856' date='Nov 14 2006, 09:37 PM']:lol: Troy Smith isnt "heads and shoulders above" anyone, whats he 5'10"?

Henne has a stronger arm, more prototypical passer, much better size. Smith is playing alright but its like Perry said, he doesnt deserve the heisman. The only reason hes in consideration is because there are no standouts this year at all. All 3 canidates last season were better than whoever wins it this year.[/quote]
Dont player hate DPM. I got no love for anything outta Bus, but Im not gonna lie, Troy Smith is legit.
Dont be a buckeye and hate on the guy for no reason. The guy has done nothing but produce for them. It iswhat it is. But if Henne can keep his head in that enviroment, Blue can win. But hell in this game if either team losses their cool it could go bad.

OSU-Michigan best rivalry in sports?

[url="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15708929/"]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15708929/[/url]

[quote]The teams are Ohio State and Michigan. The sport is football. And it doesn’t get any better than that, not in any sport, not anywhere.

Don’t even try to argue that there’s a college rivalry — or even a pro one — better than the one that’s being renewed on Saturday in Columbus. You may as well try to argue stripes off a wolverine or the eye spot off a buckeye.

The Yankees and Red Sox are a pretty intense rivalry, but how often are both teams very, very good at the same time? Lately they have been, but not historically. The Lakers and Celtics were this good for a generation, but that, too, ended. In the NFL, rivalries ebb and flow with the constantly churning rosters.

I heard Dick Vitale the other day on ESPN radio saying that as good as Ohio State-Michigan is, Duke-UNC in hoops is better. Far be it from me to suggest that Dickie V might inadvertently slip into hyperbole when a sport he seems to favor is being discussed, but he’s missing it on this one.

The Blue Devils and Tar Heels play at least twice a year, often three, when you count the ACC tournament. And, while the games are fiercely contested, when they’re over, both teams usually go to the NCAA Tournament along with 63 other teams, all with the same shot to win the national title. You can’t play two or three times a year with none of the games being the difference between life and death without losing something.

That’s what elevates Ohio State-Michigan beyond the other great rivalries — the teams get one shot at it and there’s usually something really, really big at stake. If it’s not a shot at the national title, it’s the difference between a BCS bowl and a consolation bowl. It’s usually also for the Big Ten title, a distinction that means a great deal in the Midwest.

This year, it’s for a trip to the BCS championship game and it matches the top two teams in the country. Tickets are going for $1,500 each. Columbus police are calling in reinforcements to prevent a repeat of 2002, when Ohio State students celebrated their win like hooligans, starting fires, engaging in senseless vandalism and embarrassing their school on a national stage.

Ohio State hopes it can get another victory without the execrable behavior afterwards. This time, they want all the highlights to be about the game, not what happens afterwards.

One thing is certain – this one will set the ratings standard for this season and maybe for many more. No one who cares about sports is going to miss this one if he or she can help it.

The greatness of both teams is a bonus this year, but in Columbus and Ann Arbor, it doesn’t matter how good the programs are. Both teams are usually good, but they have their ups and downs. Just the same, even if one team is lower than a snake’s belly in a canyon, The Game, as it’s known, can be the entire season. Michigan’s Lloyd Carr has been a pretty darned good coach, but he’s had serious problems beating Ohio State’s Jim Tressel. It was nice when Carr won a national title, but not as nice as it would be if he beat Ohio State every year.

Bo Schembechler and Woody Hayes, the two coaching legends who elevated this rivalry to a mutual obsession, used to start coaching for the season’s final game during summer practice. Not a week went by when they didn’t do something to prepare for The Game. Win it, and you were above criticism for a year. Lose it, and no matter how well the season went, it was the stain on your resume that all great Neptune’s ocean couldn’t wash clean.

"The Ohio State-Michigan game is always the biggest game,'' Tressel said last Saturday. ``It doesn't matter what the records are or what is on the table depending on the outcome. The fact that it is No. 1 versus No. 2, we think that is the way it should be.''

OK, so you can’t accuse the guy of humility, and when you think of it, anyone saying that his rivalry ought always to be for all the marbles in the game is taking a short view of life. But he’s paid to have that opinion, so we’ll let him.

By the same token, we’ll allow others to say the same thing, whether it’s any coach of Florida’s collegiate triumvirate of Miami-Florida-Florida State or Mike Krzyzewski of UNC in hoops or even Pete Carroll of USC-UCLA, despite the unequal match that’s been of late.

The reality is that other rivalries have ebbs and flows with one team or the other going through dry spells. Michigan and Ohio State, too, go through brief spells of lesser strength. But for consistent dominance in a conference, it doesn’t get much better than these two teams.

Thirty-two of the past 40 Big Ten seasons — that’s 80 percent — have ended with either Michigan or Ohio State — or both — as the conference champion, including the 15 consecutive seasons from 1968-82.

In the past ten years, one or both of the teams have held the title seven times, including the past four years. The conference may be called the Big Ten, but it’s really the Titanic Two and those other nine teams.

Michigan has been the better of the two teams of late, even though Ohio State is the last of the two to win the contrived national championship served up by the BCS. That was in 2002. But in the 20 seasons before this one, Michigan has held or shared the conference title 11 times while Ohio State has done it just six times.

“Bar none, the Ohio State-Michigan rivalry is the greatest rivalry, not in college football, but in all of sport. The one reason it carries on is the significance of the game,’’ Greg Skrepenak, an offensive tackle for the Wolverines who played four years ending in 1991 told a newspaper about the game. ‘‘Normally it’s either a Big Ten championship or Rose Bowl berth, national ranking for a national championship. It’s one versus two. Baring anything happening, it should be one versus two.”

There he goes, talking like Tressel, assuming that his rivalry not only is the best, but ought to be that way. But that’s part of the reason it’s the best: players sign on to one school or the other just for the chance to play in The Game. It’s not just a rivalry, it’s a recruiting tool.

It’s the Game. Accept no substitutes.[/quote]

To the dude who said are schedule is weak! Who the fuck do you want us to play that will give are schedule credibility. Michigan might but after we kill them by 10 points there will be people saying that UM wasnt playing there best, its like that everygame, they predict us to lose, we prevail and then they werent as good as they could have been. Besides who has UM played... fucking ND, they suck ass, We made there whole organization look fucking retarded in the Fiesta Bowl. And chad henne is just goofy, they way he plays. You wont heisman plays and NFL type plays, look at last week vs. NW when they brought the blitz and troy just stayed in the pocket and threw the most beautiful ball a QB could throw to ginn with 8 sec left in the half. So all you UM fans :0stfu: until after Sat... so we can hear your excuses.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='386870' date='Nov 14 2006, 10:02 PM']youve got to be fucking kidding me, troy smith is 6' 1" and chad henne is all of 6' 2"

so what? are you seriously suggesting that in spite of the fact that troy is far more accomplished qb and has had a better college career, that teams would rather have henne because he is an inch taller than him? youre crazy
chad henne isnt even in the same ballpark as troy smith.

[b]troy smith[/b] = [i]169[/i] passer rating, [i]26:4[/i] td/int ratio, [i]2191[/i] passing yards on the same amount of attempts, [i]66.4%[/i] pass completion, [i]8.6[/i] ypa, with [i]221[/i] yards rushing
[b]chad henne[/b] = 144 passer rating, 18:7 td/int ratio, 1932 passing yards, 61.9% pass completion, 7.7 ypa, with -10 yards rushing
as you can clearly see, troy smith is not only better than shitty henne in every statistical category imaginable, he also adds another dimension with his legs. additionally, chad henne will never have a ring and is merely an inch taller than troy, while troy will be basking in the glow of a national championship win and an early pick with additional fat contract.[/quote]
lol.. i gaurentee troy smith is not 6'1"... hes probly looking at 5'11" or 6' if hes lucky, college heights usually give an inch or 2, henne just looks taller in the pocket to me, i hadnt even looked at either of their measurements

and thats not the only reason why henne is a better pro prospect, troy smith does not have a strong arm, he can throw a weak deep ball but he has poor velocity, and his mechanics arent great, and hes really not overly accurite... he does have a good football iq though so he might end up being a good backup

troy smith is not starting nfl qb material, just another very good college qb who doesnt have what it takes to make it in the nfl

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='386943' date='Nov 15 2006, 12:22 AM']lol.. i gaurentee troy smith is not 6'1"... hes probly looking at 5'11" or 6' if hes lucky, college heights usually give an inch or 2, henne just looks taller in the pocket to me, i hadnt even looked at either of their measurements

and thats not the only reason why henne is a better pro prospect, troy smith does not have a strong arm, he can throw a weak deep ball but he has poor velocity, and his mechanics arent great, and hes really not overly accurite... he does have a good football iq though so he might end up being a good backup

troy smith is not starting nfl qb material, just another very good college qb who doesnt have what it takes to make it in the nfl[/quote]

racist!

:ninja:

The truth is, almost all players from Michigan suck ass once they get to the NFL.

With the exception of Tom Brady, name some players from Michigan who have done
anything worth mention in the NFL. :contract:

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='386943' date='Nov 15 2006, 12:22 AM']lol.. i gaurentee troy smith is not 6'1"... hes probly looking at 5'11" or 6' if hes lucky, college heights usually give an inch or 2, henne just looks taller in the pocket to me, i hadnt even looked at either of their measurements

troy smith is not starting nfl qb material, just another very good college qb who doesnt have what it takes to make it in the nfl[/quote]

You say Tory doesnt have a storng arm, your kidding right? Do you want the games. You also say is mrchanics arent great and hes really not accurate, first off what the hell do you know able throwing mechanics? and the atats mentioned abovesay Tory completes 66% of his passes compared to Henne's 61%. hahaha. Open your eyes son your not making sense. As for your comment about his height, I can tell you from first hand experience he's every bit of 6'1'' I was walking behind him on the way to class last week and he is just as tall as me and im 6'2''

[quote name='sneaky' post='386949' date='Nov 15 2006, 12:27 AM']racist!
:ninja:[/quote]
Yeah... that must be it... :unsure:
[quote name='sneaky' post='386953' date='Nov 15 2006, 12:33 AM']The truth is, almost all players from Michigan suck ass once they get to the NFL.

anything worth mention in the NFL. :contract:[/quote]
Off the top of my head ive got Charles Woodson, Ty Law, Ian Gold, Cato June, John Runyan, Steve Hutchinson, Brian Griese, Amani Toomer... Not to mention the best runningback on this team. ;)

Another thing, Michigan has more nfl hall of famers than Ohio State.

[quote name='dieselman44' post='386956' date='Nov 15 2006, 01:03 AM']You say Tory doesnt have a storng arm, your kidding right? Do you want the games. You also say is mrchanics arent great and hes really not accurate, first off what the hell do you know able throwing mechanics? and the atats mentioned abovesay Tory completes 66% of his passes compared to Henne's 61%. hahaha. Open your eyes son your not making sense. As for your comment about his height, I can tell you from first hand experience he's every bit of 6'1'' I was walking behind him on the way to class last week and he is just as tall as me and im 6'2''[/quote]
People confuse a strong arm with throwing a deep ball. Velocity is more important than distance.

What do I know "able" throwing mechanics? More than you apparently...

Stats really have nothing to do with it, its ball placement.

BTW, its Troy, not Tory. He should of told you that when you were walking behind him.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='sneaky' post='386953' date='Nov 15 2006, 12:33 AM']The truth is, almost all players from Michigan suck ass once they get to the NFL.

anything worth mention in the NFL. :contract:[/quote]
Braylon Edwards when healthy.

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='386959' date='Nov 15 2006, 01:17 AM']Another thing, Michigan has more nfl hall of famers than Ohio State.[/quote]michigan has 7 hall of famers, ohio state has 6... and will have seven once chris carter becomes eligible

some bragging rights you have there!

fyi - there are more osu players in the nfl than um players, and whatever you are trying to imply by suggesting troy has a weak arm and no velocity are completely unfounded bc they are absolutely incorrect and irrelevant. troy smith has a stronger arm than henne and is also a better college qb in every facit of the game.

so, your team may not win on saturday, but at least you can take solice in the fact that for the time being michigan has 1 more player in the nfl hall of fame than osu. i hear that, along with a dollar, can get you a coke at mcdonalds... which, ironically enough, is where i hear most um grads end up anyhow.

:)

My team? Im a South Florida fan (and student)... Michigan is my #2, but I wouldnt really call myself a fan.

Im not really leaving my opinions on Troy Smith, im telling you whats going to happen and explaining why. Hes not going to be drafted high as a qb.

BTW, i think michigan fans would sooner take solice in the 57-39-6 thing than the 1 extra hall of famer...

Overall, I'm really not convinced that QBs like Troy and Young will have real success in this leauge (NFL). I might give Troy the advantage over Young since OSU has really had Troy focusing on throwing the ball more this season, but even then....

Henne IS more of a prototypical NFL QB, but from things I've heard on the radio, scUM does not spend a lot of time of coaching him up. And you can see this argument on the field, Henne hasn't really improved his game at all during his time there. But think...this could also be the reason why Tom Brady went in the 6th round, got a little coaching and now look at him.

Archived