OSU/Michigan Thread

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='386965' date='Nov 15 2006, 01:36 AM']michigan has 7 hall of famers, [b]ohio state has 6... and will have seven once chris carter becomes eligible[/b]

some bragging rights you have there!

fyi - there are more osu players in the nfl than um players, and whatever you are trying to imply by suggesting troy has a weak arm and no velocity are completely unfounded bc they are absolutely incorrect and irrelevant. troy smith has a stronger arm than henne and is also a better college qb in every facit of the game.

so, your team may not win on saturday, but at least you can take solice in the fact that for the time being michigan has 1 more player in the nfl hall of fame than osu. i hear that, along with a dollar, can get you a coke at mcdonalds... which, ironically enough, is where i hear most um grads end up anyhow.

:)[/quote]

Don't forget Orlando Pace

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='386870' date='Nov 14 2006, 10:02 PM']youve got to be fucking kidding me, troy smith is 6' 1" and chad henne is all of 6' 2"

so what? are you seriously suggesting that in spite of the fact that troy is far more accomplished qb and has had a better college career, that teams would rather have henne because he is an inch taller than him? youre crazy
chad henne isnt even in the same ballpark as troy smith.

[b]troy smith[/b] = [i]169[/i] passer rating, [i]26:4[/i] td/int ratio, [i]2191[/i] passing yards on the same amount of attempts, [i]66.4%[/i] pass completion, [i]8.6[/i] ypa, with [i]221[/i] yards rushing
[b]chad henne[/b] = 144 passer rating, 18:7 td/int ratio, 1932 passing yards, 61.9% pass completion, 7.7 ypa, with -10 yards rushing
as you can clearly see, troy smith is not only better than shitty henne in every statistical category imaginable, he also adds another dimension with his legs. additionally, chad henne will never have a ring and is merely an inch taller than troy, while troy will be basking in the glow of a national championship win and an early pick with additional fat contract.[/quote]

You forgot THE most important QB stat of all (according to some, anyway) - wins.
How many wins does Henne have over OSU? - [b]0[/b]

How many wins does Tro have over tsun? - [b]2[/b]

Guest Bengals1181
even as a Buckeye fan, I'll be the first one to say that the ESPN hype machine is running this game into the ground.

Funny enough, with all the hype the game is getting, you'd think their announcers would know enough to not call scUM the "Spartans".

I guess he was trying to give them a compliment.

[quote]People confuse a strong arm with throwing a deep ball. Velocity is more important than distance.

What do I know "able" throwing mechanics? More than you apparently...

Stats really have nothing to do with it, its ball placement.

BTW, its Troy, not Tory. He should of told you that when you were walking behind him.[/quote]

Are you Kidding? Troy smith throws the ball with such velocity its ridiculous. If you want a play, go to penn st. when he was getting ready to get tackled until he broke it and then threw a 50 yard bomb right on the money. Troy Smith does have potential to be a great NFL player, he has the talent, the arm speed, ball placement and smarts. He sits in the pocket makes all his reads then delivers, and if nothing is there he has the ability to run. So when you combine all those things into one QB, you have a very capable and somewhat dominant figure on the football field, college or the NFL.

Guest Bengals1181

[quote name='J. Lindsey' post='387054' date='Nov 15 2006, 10:08 AM']Are you Kidding? Troy smith throws the ball with such velocity its ridiculous. If you want a play, go to penn st. when he was getting ready to get tackled until he broke it and then threw a [b]50 yard bomb right on the money. [/b] Troy Smith does have potential to be a great NFL player, he has the talent, the arm speed, ball placement and smarts. He sits in the pocket makes all his reads then delivers, and if nothing is there he has the ability to run. So when you combine all those things into one QB, you have a very capable and somewhat dominant figure on the football field, college or the NFL.[/quote]

not to nitpick, but it was more like 57 yds. :wave:

[quote name='dieselman44' post='387149' date='Nov 15 2006, 12:22 PM']Dontpushme, how to you say that Troy is going to go in the middle rounds of the draft? GIve me 3-4 Qbs that would be taken ahead of him because thats whats going to need to happen if he is drafted that late.

And yes I apoligize for the misspelling in my previous post.[/quote]
im saying it because its whats going to happen, i dont know what else i have to say, i guess ill have to bump this up after the draft

I am as big a Buckeye fan as anyone on this board, and I think Troy has the tools to be a very good QB. But because of his height, I would be pleasantly surprised if he gets picked in the 1st round. He is listed as 6'1" but he's actually more like 6' even. If he were even 6'3" he would probably be a Top 10 pick.

I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it. I see him as a 2nd round pick. And I think he will be a steal.

[quote name='Jason' post='387344' date='Nov 15 2006, 04:43 PM']I am as big a Buckeye fan as anyone on this board, and I think Troy has the tools to be a very good QB. But because of his height, I would be pleasantly surprised if he gets picked in the 1st round. He is listed as 6'1" but he's actually more like 6' even. If he were even 6'3" he would probably be a Top 10 pick.

I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it. I see him as a 2nd round pick. And I think he will be a steal.[/quote]

I see him as a 2nd or 3rd round pick - but I thought Leinart would go before Vince Young. And also thought Philip Rivers coming out of NC State was overrated. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img]

The one thing he has shown and that is he keeps getting better. But the size is legit concern. You very seldom see passes over the middle that is anything under the 10 to 12 yard range. The guy has amazing pocket presence and throws the long routes as well as anyone in college football. It will be interesting to see how the NFL evaluates his talents.......

Guest Bengals1181

[quote name='Jason' post='387344' date='Nov 15 2006, 04:43 PM']I am as big a Buckeye fan as anyone on this board, and I think Troy has the tools to be a very good QB. But because of his height, I would be pleasantly surprised if he gets picked in the 1st round. He is listed as 6'1" but he's actually more like 6' even. If he were even 6'3" he would probably be a Top 10 pick.

I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it. I see him as a 2nd round pick. And I think he will be a steal.[/quote]

current pro QB's at or under 6'1" that started on Sunday:

Drew Brees
Michael Vick
Seneca Wallace
Rex Grossman
Mark Brunell

6'2":

Jake Plummer
John Kitna

Other notables:

Charlie Batch 6'2"
Shaun King 6'1"
Steve Young 6'2"
Joe Montana 6'2"

I'd go on, but I have a budget final in 30 minutes. :)

Guest oldschooler
[b]Q:[/b] Where was O.J. hiding right before the famous white Bronco chase?
[b]A:[/b] On the University of Michigan campus. That's the last place you would find a football player.

[b]Q:[/b] Why do they throw out a sack of manure at University of Michigan weddings?
[b]A:[/b] To keep the flies off the bride.

[b]Q:[/b] Did you hear about the University of Michigan fan who locked his keys in his car?
[b]A:[/b] He couldn't get his family out.

[b]Q:[/b] Why do University of Michigan fans keep their diplomas on their dashboards?
[b]A:[/b] So they can park in handicap spaces.

Two University of Michigan fans were walking down the street when they came upon a dog lying on the sidewalk licking and cleaning his groin like dogs do. The first University of Michigan fan says to the second, "Boy, I wish I could do that." The second University of Michigan fan replies, "Yeah, me too. But I wouldn't try it." The first University of Michigan fan asks, "Why not?" The second University of Michigan fan replies, "Because I'm afraid the dog might bite me."

[b]Q:[/b] What do you call a good looking girl on the University of Michigan campus?
[b]A: [/b] A visitor.

[b]Q:[/b] Did you hear about the power outage at the University of Michigan library?
[b]A:[/b] Forty students were stuck on the escalator for three hours.

[b]Q:[/b] Did you hear about the fire in University of Michigan's football dorm that destroyed 20 books?
[b]A:[/b] The real tragedy was that 15 hadn't been colored yet.

[b]Q: [/b] Do you know why the University of Michigan football team should change its name to the "Opossums"?
[b]A: [/b] Because they play dead at home and get killed on the road.

[b]Q:[/b] Did you hear the story about the semi-truck carrying pigs that flipped over on the University of Michigan campus?
[b]A:[/b] The officials had to check ID's before letting anyone back on board.

[b]Q:[/b] What does the average University of Michigan student get on his SAT?
[b]A: [/b] Drool.

[b]Q:[/b] What do you get when you breed a groundhog and a University of Michigan?
[b]A:[/b] Six more weeks of bad football.

[b]Q:[/b] What should you do if you find three University of Michigan fans buried up to their neck in cement?
[b]A: [/b] Get more cement.

General Schwarzkopf was walking through the desert during the Gulf War when he found a lamp on the ground. He picked it up, rubbed, and out came a genie. The genie said to the General, "I will grant you one wish." The General replied, "I wish that we will win this war. Here is a map of the desert and all the war parties. Please make us win the war." The genie responded, "I'm not that powerful of a genie. I cannot grant you that wish." "Well," the General responds, "then can you have University of Michigan win a bowl game this year?" After a moment, the genie says, "Let me see that map again."

[b]Q: [/b] How do you make University of Michigan cookies?
[b]A:[/b] Put them in a big Bowl and beat for 3 hours.

[b]Q:[/b] What do you get when you cross a University of Michigan fan and a pig?
[b]A: [/b] Nothing. There's some things that a pig will not do.

[b]Q:[/b] How many University of Michigan freshman does it take to change a light bulb?
[b]A:[/b] None, it's a sophomore course.

[b]Q:[/b] What does marijuana and the University of Michigan`s Football team have in common ?
[b]A:[/b] They both get smoked in bowls.

Guest oldschooler

What does a U of M girl say after sex?

"Get off me dad, you`re crushing my cigarettes."

Q: Whats the difference between Ann Arbor and a Porcupine?
A: Theres 100,000 pricks on the inside of Ann Arbor. :lol:

How do you keep a Michigan football player from jacking off? Paint his dong Scarlet and Grey,
that way there`s no chance that he`ll beat it. :headbang:

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='sneaky' post='387573' date='Nov 16 2006, 08:32 AM'][img]http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6858/ohiostateaq6.jpg[/img]
[size=6][b][color="#FF0000"]PROOF THAT MICHIGAN IS OHIO STATE'S BITCH[/color] [/b][/size][/quote]

[img]http://photos-494.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v50/67/14/12402584/n12402584_33862494_658.jpg[/img]

Archived