Rumor

Palmer4HOF

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='386755' date='Nov 14 2006, 06:37 PM']The Reds would send Adam Dunn, Homer Bailey and Eric Milton to the Mets in exchange for Shawn Green, Oliver Perez and Billy Wagner.
Not a fan.[/quote]

Are you sure. I agree with Dunn and Milton. Not Baily. NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! He is gona be there best pitcher. I gona refuse to beleive you. It better not be true.

Guest WhoDeyForever
[quote name='j.5000022' post='386760' date='Nov 14 2006, 06:41 PM'][b]Is perez the pitcher that played in the world series?[/b] Who is Billy wagner. Is he good?[/quote]

Yes. He got traded from pissburgh to New York during the season.

[quote name='j.5000022' post='386760' date='Nov 14 2006, 06:41 PM']Is perez the pitcher that played in the world series? Who is Billy wagner. Is he good?[/quote]
Billy wagner is one of the best closers....ever.

Don't give up homer bailey though...thats stupid...

[quote name='CTA513' post='386784' date='Nov 14 2006, 07:16 PM']Billy Wagner is good and is probably the only player out of the three that would be worth getting.
Perez had 1 maybe 2 good years in the majors and all the other years he had an ERA over 5.00.[/quote]
You could probably say the same thing about our players...but homer has a lot of potential.

[quote name='BengalsFREAK' post='386783' date='Nov 14 2006, 07:15 PM']What is your source? I googled this and found zero on it.[/quote]
It on reds.com , in a LA newspaper.

Take it for what its worth... most likely just strictly a rumor.

I've heard nothing from any inner circle I actually have.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='386793' date='Nov 14 2006, 07:28 PM']It on reds.com , in a LA newspaper.

Take it for what its worth... most likely just strictly a rumor.

I've heard nothing from any inner circle I actually have.[/quote]

Where? I dont see anything either... what does that even mean on Reds.com in an LA newspaper?

I'd be cool with Dunn/Milton for Perez/Wagner. But Shawn Green is like 42, and Bailey is the most promising player in the franchise. The trade is basically:

Dunn for Green - Dunn is like 10 years younger, and has 10x better power numbers.
Milton for Perez - I'd be cool with this trade, but they put up similar numbers. Perez strikes out a lot more batters, and is 6 years younger though.
Bailey for Wagner - This trade is stupid. Bailey is going to be a stud, and Wagner is at the twilight of his career.

Crunching numbers:

Right-Fielder/Shawn Green will be 35 next year; IMO, he is a young 35 meaning takes care of himself and no magor injuries.

Lifetime batting average of: .282; OBP: .355; SLG: .499

06' BA: 2.77 (2.96 last month of season) Hits: 147 HR's: 15 RBI's: 66 BB: 45 K's 82

GABP could be very friendly to Green (Left-handed hitter).

I think it's safe to say that Green is a far better fielder than Dunn.

In conclusion: With Jay Bruce a few years away, I think Green will be able to cover those years, which in effect will enable us to put Dunn's money elsewhere.

Archived