Rumor

Palmer4HOF

[quote]Milton for Perez - I'd be cool with this trade, but they put up similar numbers. Perez strikes out a lot more batters, and is 6 years younger though.
Bailey for Wagner - This trade is stupid. Bailey is going to be a stud, and Wagner is at the twilight of his career.[/quote]

Akili, I would agree with your assessment from this perspective, but look at it from mine.

Perez for Bailey. Perez is only 25 and a hard-throwing lefty (rare).

Milton for Wagner. We need a closer now (uncertainty with Guardado's elbow) and I think with Coffey, Bray(if not a starter) and a healthy Majewski, this could be a very formidable bullpen.

[quote name='Lawman' post='387127' date='Nov 15 2006, 12:03 PM']Akili, I would agree with your assessment from this perspective, but look at it from mine.

Perez for Bailey. Perez is only 25 and a hard-throwing lefty (rare).

Milton for Wagner. We need a closer now (uncertainty with Guardado's elbow) and I think with Coffey, Bray(if not a starter) and a healthy Majewski, this could be a very formidable bullpen.[/quote]

NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!
Not Baily. To valuable. Perez is not good enough. Take Baily out and put some else in. Jr would be good to put in there. We would get more money out of it. I don't think it will happen tough. If they make this trade and Baily turns out to be a great pitcher. I am going to be pissed.

[quote name='j.5000022' post='387142' date='Nov 15 2006, 12:12 PM']The reds should get someone besides green. He is going to retire soon. Dunn is young. Baily is even younger. Milton is up there. We are tradeing for 2 player that will retire soon and one that is young. Not good. Take green out and get someone younger.[/quote]

Yes Green is older than Dunn; Green's batting average with less strike-outs coupled with a higher fielding percentage should compensate nicely for Dunn's home-runs/youth and salary.

Jay Bruce our "own " player in the minors is projected to replace Dunn.

Wagner for Milton is a no-brainer.

That leaves Baily for Perez; Baily is unproven, Perez is a hard-throwing Lefty (a rare commodity).

We may want to squeeze in a prospect out of the Met's. :unsure:

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='Lawman' post='387158' date='Nov 15 2006, 12:36 PM']Yes Green is older than Dunn; Green's batting average with less strike-outs coupled with a higher fielding percentage should compensate nicely for Dunn's home-runs/youth and salary.

Jay Bruce our "own " player in the minors is projected to replace Dunn.

Wagner for Milton is a no-brainer.

That leaves Baily for Perez; Baily is unproven, Perez is a hard-throwing Lefty (a rare commodity).

We may want to squeeze in a prospect out of the Met's. :unsure:[/quote]
you dont trade dunn for green. that is retarded. Green makes more than Dunn last time i checked. Green is also old as shit and is only going to get worse and be gone soon.

Bailey > Perez with ease. Perez is ok, but he would be our # 3 at best, probably a # 4. We have some guys in the minors who i think are better.

Wagner > Milton, but wagner will retire shortly.

Dunn for Green, i think we all know i hate Dunn, but this deal is pathetic. We could trade Dunn for SOMEONE UNDER 30 WHO ISNT NEAR THE AGE OF MY FUCKING GRANDPA!!!!!!!!!!!! for fucks sake.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='j.5000022' post='387195' date='Nov 15 2006, 01:09 PM']WHO WILL GET MORE MONEY OUT OF THE TRADE? SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER THIS![/quote]
IT DOESNT FUCKING MATTER!!!

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='387164' date='Nov 15 2006, 12:41 PM']you dont trade dunn for green. that is retarded. Green makes more than Dunn last time i checked. [b] Green is also old as shit [/b] and is only going to get worse and be gone soon.

Bailey > Perez with ease. Perez is ok, but he would be our # 3 at best, probably a # 4. We have some guys in the minors who i think are better.

Wagner > Milton, but wagner will retire shortly.

Dunn for Green, i think we all know i hate Dunn, but this deal is pathetic. We could trade Dunn for [b]SOMEONE UNDER 30 WHO ISNT NEAR THE AGE OF MY FUCKING GRANDPA!!!!!!!!!!!! for fucks sake[/b].[/quote]

How old are you :mellow:

Bailey > Perez with ease. based on WHAT????

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='j.5000022' post='387195' date='Nov 15 2006, 01:09 PM']WHO WILL GET MORE MONEY OUT OF THE TRADE? SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER THIS![/quote]

WTF is this guys problem?

Dude, take a chillpill...

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='387320' date='Nov 15 2006, 04:02 PM']Does anyone have a link to this LA paper so we can see how reliable it is....[/quote]

I copyed and pasted the disussion the had on the message board. Enjoy! This is all coming from someone on the reds message board on reds.com Beleive it if you want.

This information is comingA sports station here in Los Angeles is reporting that the Reds and Mets are discussing a 6 player deal.

The Reds would send Adam Dunn, Homer Bailey and Eric Milton to the Mets in exchange for Shawn Green, Oliver Perez and Billy Wagner.

I don't know how I feel about this deal. Wasn't Eric Milton
injured at the end of last season? Why would the Mets want to take a chance with Milton?

Green is a better all round player than Dunn but has quite a
few years on Adam.

Milton for Perez is a good deal for the Reds straight up.
Oliver is younger and if D**k Pole gets a hold of him, who knows what he'll do. Especially if Pole shows him the spitter!

Bailey for Wagner. Let's see do we want a proven closer for an un-proven minor league prospect. The question is, do the Reds want to win now or continue to build for the future.

If it's win now, then I'd pull the trigger. If we're building for the
future, I wouldn't make the deal.

I guess we'll find out what happens at the winter meetings starting Monday.

Mojo~

Options Reply

To: Base Ball (2 of 32)

32180.2 in reply to 32180.1

There is no way I would make this trade. I wouldn't trade Bailey for nobody right now, not even for Wagner.

Options Reply

To: Base Ball (3 of 32)

32180.3 in reply to 32180.1

heck yeah... !!

do it in a minute.... I hope you're right that it's a legitimate rumor.

Options Reply

To: brian dugan unread (4 of 32)

32180.4 in reply to 32180.2

Bailey for Bonderman? Bailey for Verlander? I would make those trades... especially Verlander.

Options Reply

To: prose14 (5 of 32)

32180.5 in reply to 32180.3

I do not want Shawn Green ANYWHERE near this ballclub.

Options Reply

To: prose14 (6 of 32)

32180.6 in reply to 32180.3

Id take Lo Duca though.

Options Reply

To: Base Ball (7 of 32)

32180.7 in reply to 32180.1

I love love Billy Wagner.

Options Reply

To: Base Ball (8 of 32)

32180.8 in reply to 32180.1

in that trade getting rid of Milton and Dunn without even considering their salaries is addition by subtraction because they both SUKKK.

so then you're left with Bailey for Wagner, Perez and Green. Bailey? who knows maybe an ace? but still unproven at major league level and always injury risks with hard throwing pitchers. Wagner gives you the needed closer. Perez is still a guy who could potentially find himself again and be a solid starter. Green probably has nothing left but you have the 15-20 million you save by not having to pay Dunn and Milton.

Do it Kriv.

Options Reply

To: Base Ball (9 of 32)

32180.9 in reply to 32180.1

WHY would the Rds EVER trade Homer Bailey. This team is in desperate need of pitching, and Homer is the best pitching prospect this team has seen in a long time. I wouldn't even trade Homer for Dontrelle Willis....Unless they threw in Cabrera!

Options Reply

To: halloffamegame (10 of 32)

32180.10 in reply to 32180.9

if trading Bailey would allow you to get rid of Dunn and Milton then it's worth it.....

no matter what the Reds do in the off season this year if in 2007 they're still batting Dunn in the middle of the order and running Milton out there every 5th day you can pretty much count on them not making the playoffs.

I'd rather go down fighting... then sit pat with a losing hand.

Options Reply

To: prose14 (11 of 32)

32180.11 in reply to 32180.10

Bailey is going nowhere.

Options Reply

To: prose14 (12 of 32)

32180.12 in reply to 32180.10

< If trading Bailey would allow you to get rid of Dunn and Milton, then it's worth it. >

We need to keep our passion in check and avoid being deceived. Dunn and Milton can be unloaded at the end of the season if opportunities to get something useful in return fail to materialize.

Although the prospect of unloading the Donkey and "Paradise Lost" is at first glance sooooo appealing, I don't like the trade and feel it's heavily weighted in favor of the Mets.

Remember, Wagner and Green would eat up most if not all our savings from Dunn and Milton.

Milton would do well at Shea and could probably win 14 or 15 games for the Mets. On the other hand, Green is in the sunset of his career and we need him like a hole in the head. Wagner would be nice but he is very expensive and long in the tooth ( age 35). Closers have short shelf lives and Wagner is likely nearing the end of his. Except for the post season, Oliver Perez stunk last year just like he did the year before with pissburgh. I'm sorry but there is no way that I would trade Bailey for this crew.

If the Mets want Dunn and Milton , let them have both for Pelfrey or Bannister. We could then take our $ 19 million in savings and spend it on other players, people who could help us both in '07 and in years to follow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited 11/13/2006 12:22 am ET by spiritofharrywright

Options Reply

To: spiritofharrywright (13 of 32)

32180.13 in reply to 32180.12

do green and wagner make that much??

Options Reply

To: spiritofharrywright (14 of 32)

32180.14 in reply to 32180.12

green made 10 mil in 2006? ouch...
i didn't know he was making that much....

yea, I agree I'd rather just give the mets dunn and milton for a bat rack.

Options Reply

To: prose14 (15 of 32)

32180.15 in reply to 32180.13

I'm pretty sure they do. I know Wagner is BIG BUCKS and I think Green is around 7 or 8 mil.

Options Reply

To: prose14 (16 of 32)

32180.16 in reply to 32180.14

Wow ! Guess I underestimated. Shawn is really in the green !

Options Reply

To: prose14 (17 of 32)

32180.17 in reply to 32180.3

<<heck yeah... !!

do it in a minute.... I hope you're right that it's a legitimate rumor.>>

Do you even watch baseball? Or do you just find reasons to talk $^@t about dunn?....If you watched baseball even a little bit, you'd know how much O. Perez and Shawn Green s.u.ck...You'd also know that while Wagner is good, he is getting old...And if you were a reds fan, you'd know that Wagner had trouble closing out games...One of which was against the reds where he had a Blown save.

So...why don't you go back to making a list about "what all you hate about dunn" and stop making idiotic statements like "I'd do that trade in a minute"

Options Reply

To: prose14 (18 of 32)

32180.18 in reply to 32180.14

if they are seriously talking how about dunn and milton for pelfrey and hielman? then with the money saved get a good outfielder and shortstop or 2nd. baseman.

Options Reply

To: indianredsfan unread (19 of 32)

32180.19 in reply to 32180.17

why don't you eat s.h.it loser dunn loving lackey...you and the rest of your dunn loving losers...........

Options Reply

To: prose14 (20 of 32)

32180.20 in reply to 32180.19

Gotta agree with these others Prose, I know your judgement is blinded by your destain for Dunn, but Dunn can ALways be unloaded, NO WAY do I trade Bailey, this has been the cancer of this organization for MANY years, what pitching they can't mold, they trade those that can, OR might be able too...

Perez could still turn out, I can take or leave Wagner, odds are he wouldn't have much to "save" here right now anyway, we need a "Horse" , a home grown stud to stamp a staple on this organization, one that says, "our scouting and minor league system is back"...like in the day, 60's and 70's, and some early 80's...I for one am willing to wait for that...

Options Reply

Navigate this discussion: 1-20 21-32

Rate My Interest: High Neutral Ignore

Adjust text size: 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940414243444

Is this too complicated? Switch to Basic View

Back To Discussion List

Message Board Guidelines

[quote name='j.5000022' post='387152' date='Nov 15 2006, 12:30 PM']Homer Baily could be the next Justin Verlander![/quote]
I swear to god if you don't start spelling BAILEY right I might have to fucking suspend you for three days... you are on his dick and you have spelled his name wrong 800 times.

Archived