Steeler Nation

[quote name='BE AFRAID BE VERY AFRAID' post='415993' date='Dec 26 2006, 08:38 PM']By Jeremy Laurance
Published: 24 October 2006

Drugs taken by Bengals fans for treating depression could also be damaging male fertility, researchers warn.

Patients given anti-depressants saw their sperm counts fall dramatically while on treatment.

When treatment stopped, the men's fertility was restored. But within days of restarting the drugs, their sperm counts fell again. There were 29 million prescriptions for anti-depressants in 2004.

One in four people suffers a mental illness at some point in their lives. This is much higher for fans of the Cincinnati Bengals.

The researchers, from the University of Cincinnati Medical Center, say that although they have identified hundreds of patients with the problem, the effect was unexpectedly severe, reducing their sperm counts close to zero. The men had normal sperm counts before treatment started .

The rise and fall in their sperm counts closely followed the performance of the Bengals, suggesting a clear cause and effect, they say.

Peter Schlegel, who led the study, said: "It's a dramatic effect. Bengals fans have been depressed for many years. Cincinnati's birth rates have been below normal for over 15 years. We believe that while it has had a profound effect on Cincinnati men, it could also be having a significant but more subtle effect on men in cities like Cleveland and Baltimore."

A known side effect of antidepressants is that they delay or prevent ejaculation, but doctors had not suspected that this could affect sperm quality.[/quote]
Yeah, and drinking processed water upstream from the Ohio River at the confluence of the Allegheny, Ohio and Monongahela rivers has produced three-eyed children.
What's your point, moron?
Quit sending your gay steel mill worker spooge-laden water our way!

[quote name='Bunghole' post='416020' date='Dec 26 2006, 07:28 PM']Yeah, and drinking processed water upstream from the Ohio River at the confluence of the Allegheny, Ohio and Monongahela rivers has produced three-eyed children.
What's your point, moron?
Quit sending your gay steel mill worker spooge-laden water our way![/quote]

So your saying you swallow?

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='415786' date='Dec 26 2006, 12:24 PM'][b]This Steeler turd makes all those other highway ramp beggars look bad [/b][/quote]

I just don't understand your arguement. You would have a much better chance at winning with a Brownie fan. Let me set it straight for you. Cincy is ranked in the history of the NFL somewhere between the Bills and the Saints. pissburgh sits at the top with 69ers and gayboys. After next year, we may sit alone at the top.

[quote name='CinciNC' post='416111' date='Dec 27 2006, 12:09 AM']I just don't understand your arguement. You would have a much better chance at winning with a Brownie fan. Let me set it straight for you. Cincy is ranked in the history of the NFL somewhere between the Bills and the Saints. pissburgh sits at the top with 69ers and gayboys. [b]After next year, we may sit alone at the top.[/b][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

You have had far less injuries than we have this year and you have more losses. Chances are your going to lose your coach this year as well. And you think for a second you have a chance next year at the championship let alone the division let alone playoffs?

Come on man take off the black and yellow glasses, your going to be doing some rebuilding next year.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='416115' date='Dec 27 2006, 01:12 AM'][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

You have had far less injuries than we have this year and you have more losses. Chances are your going to lose your coach this year as well. And you think for a second you have a chance next year at the championship let alone the division let alone playoffs?
Come on man take off the black and yellow glasses, your going to be doing some rebuilding next year.[/quote]

Maybe, maybe not. Will see in about 10 - 12 months. But you ignored your place in NFL history. I don't blame you.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='416140' date='Dec 27 2006, 12:32 AM']:lol:

You know its funny when a raven and bengals fan can punk these fools.[/quote]
If there's one thing Bengals and Ravens fans can agree on, it's that the Shittsburgh Squealers; their coach, their players (especially Joey Porter), the organization as a whole and, most of all, their fans SUCK.

Here's to the Bengals killing the stealers on Sunday. Wouldn't the stealers being swept twice be great?

[quote name='CinciNC' post='416144' date='Dec 27 2006, 12:35 AM']Maybe, maybe not. Will see in about 10 - 12 months. But you ignored your place in NFL history. I don't blame you.[/quote]

What's to ignore, we sucked from the Wyche days to the Lewis days. Im over that. You dont seem to be, but hey hold on to that as I see its a pretty big pill for you to come to grips with the Bengals being a legitimate team again.

[quote name='CinciNC' post='416153' date='Dec 27 2006, 12:48 AM']Go root for the colts.[/quote]

Go root for the Eagles.

[quote name='CinciNC' post='416153' date='Dec 27 2006, 12:48 AM']Go root for the colts.[/quote]
:lol: That's all you got after this Sunday? Not surprising. Where were all your fans? I think I heard a Christmas carol, too, when I starting hearing the boo-birds. Man, was that beautiful. Is Roffwisbewga afwaid of Bawt Scott? It sure looked like it. Him along with Terrell Suggs, Trevor Pryce, hell, even the rookie was sacking Worthlessberger. And I'm sure you were in the stands eating a Roethlisburger, too. You people sicken me. You call yourselves some of the best fans in the league yet your stadium is half-empty when you're losing.

[quote name='Purple Predator' post='416162' date='Dec 27 2006, 12:57 AM']:lol: That's all you got after this Sunday? Not surprising. Where were all your fans? I think I heard a Christmas carol, too, when I starting hearing the boo-birds. Man, was that beautiful. Is Roffwisbewga afwaid of Bawt Scott? It sure looked like it. Him along with Terrell Suggs, Trevor Pryce, hell, even the rookie was sacking Worthlessberger. And I'm sure you were in the stands eating a Roethlisburger, too. You people sicken me. You call yourselves some of the best fans in the league yet your stadium is half-empty when you're losing.[/quote]

I mean did you see that thursday night game they had. It was hilarous. At least Ravens fans were at the stadium when I went up last year during their bad season, granted it was easier to get cheaper tickets but there were still a number there.

[quote name='Purple Predator' post='416162' date='Dec 27 2006, 01:57 AM']:lol: That's all you got after this Sunday? Not surprising. Where were all your fans? I think I heard a Christmas carol, too, when I starting hearing the boo-birds. Man, was that beautiful. Is Roffwisbewga afwaid of Bawt Scott? It sure looked like it. Him along with Terrell Suggs, Trevor Pryce, hell, even the rookie was sacking Worthlessberger. And I'm sure you were in the stands eating a Roethlisburger, too. You people sicken me. You call yourselves some of the best fans in the league yet your stadium is half-empty when you're losing.[/quote]

And yet there were only 12 raven fans there. I have been to many a game in balt wher the steeler fans have outnumberd the balty fans. What a complete joke. By the way, your uni's suck monkey balls

[quote name='CinciNC' post='416166' date='Dec 27 2006, 01:01 AM']And yet there were only 12 raven fans there. I have been to many a game in balt wher the steeler fans have outnumberd the balty fans. What a complete joke. By the way, your uni's suck monkey balls[/quote]

And your's are PISS YELLOW :lmao:

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='416165' date='Dec 27 2006, 01:00 AM']I mean did you see that thursday night game they had. It was hilarous. At least Ravens fans were at the stadium when I went up last year during their bad season, granted it was easier to get cheaper tickets but there were still a number there.[/quote]
:lmao: All the fuckers over at Steeler nation were crying about that, too. Of course you're gonna get more excited about games when you're winning, but you should still be supporting your team when they're losing.
[quote name='CinciNC' post='416166' date='Dec 27 2006, 01:01 AM']And yet there were only 12 raven fans there. I have been to many a game in balt wher the steeler fans have outnumberd the balty fans. What a complete joke. By the way, your uni's suck monkey balls[/quote]
When was this outnumbering? In 1996 and 97 when we first got the team and people were still adjusting to having a team? That's what I thought. I love how you guys judge how large and great your fanbase is on how many bandwagoneers have jumped off/on come time when you go to another team's house. Yeah, you know what else is a complete joke? The stealers' blitz pick-up.

You know what is NOT a joke? How loud the crowd was when you guys came to town. Man, was that place loud. Did you happen to come up this year? Probably not. If you did, how was the walk back to the car/bus/tailgate? I bet it was around the end of the 3rd quarter. That's when most of you left.

Did you happen to see that plane before the game?
[img]http://i18.tinypic.com/2h4f0q8.jpg[/img]
Yeah, we like to back up what we put in the sky. Unlike you fuckers with you "Baltimore is stealers' Country" sign. How did that game go for you? And how was that crowd? Man, those were some of the least obnoxious Shittsburgh fans I've ever come across. Not a word out of any of them in our section.

[quote name='CinciNC' post='416182' date='Dec 27 2006, 01:12 AM']How gay is it that you are trying to befriend a ravens fan. GET some GOD DAMNED SELF RESPECT!!!![/quote]

How gay is it that your trying to pound your chest after the season you had GET a GOD DAMNED CLUE!!!!

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='416188' date='Dec 27 2006, 02:16 AM']How gay is it that your trying to pound your chest after the season you had GET a GOD DAMNED CLUE!!!![/quote]

NOT A SEASON, not much to proud of this year for either ciny or PGH. But we are the defending SB champions for another month. Something you know nothing about.

[quote name='Purple Predator' post='416184' date='Dec 27 2006, 01:13 AM']:lmao: All the fuckers over at Steeler nation were crying about that, too. Of course you're gonna get more excited about games when you're winning, but you should still be supporting your team when they're losing.

When was this outnumbering? In 1996 and 97 when we first got the team and people were still adjusting to having a team? That's what I thought. I love how you guys judge how large and great your fanbase is on how many bandwagoneers have jumped off/on come time when you go to another team's house. [b]Yeah, you know what else is a complete joke? The stealers' blitz pick-up. [/b]

You know what is NOT a joke? How loud the crowd was when you guys came to town. Man, was that place loud. Did you happen to come up this year? Probably not. If you did, how was the walk back to the car/bus/tailgate? I bet it was around the end of the 3rd quarter. That's when most of you left.

Did you happen to see that plane before the game?
[img]http://i18.tinypic.com/2h4f0q8.jpg[/img]
Yeah, we like to back up what we put in the sky. Unlike you fuckers with you "Baltimore is stealers' Country" sign. How did that game go for you? And how was that crowd? Man, those were some of the least obnoxious Shittsburgh fans I've ever come across. Not a word out of any of them in our section.[/quote]

:lmao:

Yeah at least we were able to keep them from getting to Carson at a minium (with 3 backups playing that 2nd game)

[quote name='CinciNC' post='416192' date='Dec 27 2006, 01:18 AM']NOT A SEASON, not much to proud of this year for either ciny or PGH. But we are the defending SB champions for another month. Something you know nothing about.[/quote]

and youll defend it to the bitter end. :lmao:

[quote name='CinciNC' post='416192' date='Dec 27 2006, 01:18 AM']NOT A SEASON, not much to proud of this year for either ciny or PGH. [b]But we are the defending SB champions for another month.[/b] Something you know nothing about.[/quote]
Not really. You can't defend it anymore because you're out of the playoffs, so you're not SB champions.

And playing to lose is stupid especially against a division rival. I hope your first round draft pick is a complete bust.

[quote name='Purple Predator' post='416206' date='Dec 27 2006, 02:27 AM']Not really. You can't defend it anymore because you're out of the playoffs, so you're not SB champions.

And playing to lose is stupid especially against a division rival. I hope your first round draft pick is a complete bust.[/quote]

I think i saw you on dateline hitting on a 8 year old dude. :badger:

[quote name='CinciNC' post='416211' date='Dec 27 2006, 01:35 AM']I think i saw you on dateline hitting on a 8 year old dude. :badger:[/quote]
Impressive.

Seriously, that's all you could come up with? You're hilarious, dude. It's amazing what a Steeler fan can do to the hostility toward opposing team fans. You guys are assholes. Go die. Go to Steeler nation and talk about what pick you want in the draft, and watch other teams in the playoffs from your couch.

Archived