Micheal Richards Racial tirade.

Bengals_12th_Man

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='391426' date='Nov 20 2006, 11:36 PM']First, let me say that what he did was totally uncalled for. There is no reason good enough for anyone to resort to that kind of insult. But I'd also like to say that I think it's unfair that black comedians can go on stage, call us crackers, the man, whatever and nothing is said about it. It's reverse racism. Same thing in my book.
MULLY
don't dish it out if you can't take it[/quote]

Um...no.

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='sneaky' post='391429' date='Nov 20 2006, 11:43 PM']:boring:[/quote] [quote name='BadassBengal' post='391434' date='Nov 20 2006, 11:47 PM']Um...no.[/quote]

Ok..Why is Mully wrong? I see no reasoning from both of you guys. Mully was right.

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='391440' date='Nov 21 2006, 02:13 PM']Ok..Why is Mully wrong? I see no reasoning from both of you guys. Mully was right.[/quote]

Of course I'm right. Personally, I don't condone that shit going in any direction.
MULLY

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='391440' date='Nov 21 2006, 12:13 AM']Ok..Why is Mully wrong? I see no reasoning from both of you guys. Mully was right.[/quote]

Ok, let me break it down for you. :rolleyes:

When a black comedian like Chris Rock or Dave Chappelle makes a "white" joke, the
intent behind it (regaurdless of whether it offends you or not), is not malicious. They
will make jokes about white people not being able to dance, or having no lips or
flat butts or tiny dicks but they dont joke about white people dying.

Chris Rock for example, has made jokes about white people and has called them
"crackers" but in the same routine, he calls black people "niggas" and "sambos" and makes fun
of them too.

However, what Richards did was completely different. He was angry he was being heckled,
and his intent was not to make the audience laugh but to belittle his hecklers. Fifty years ago
in this country, black men seen talking to white women or whatever, were hung and little black girls were
blown up by bombs when they went to church on Sunday mornings because they were black. Where's the humor in that?

As an African-American I have no problems with Richards if we wants to make "black jokes".
He can make fun of the way blacks dress, the way they talk, the way they spend all their money
on car rims....etc, just as long as it's semi- tasteful and as long he throws in some jabs at his own
ethnic group as well.

I have never seen or heard of a black comedian or any other comedian try to make fun
of the Jewish Holacaust in Germany. Has Chris Rock or Eddie Murphy ever made a joke
about putting some Jews in a oven? No.

That would be crossing the line.

Richards crossed the line, he went somewhere he should not have gone. Hell, he would have
came out better if he called the hecklers stupid, or ugly , or even talked about their wives or mothers.

But he took the race angle and he got pretty nasty with it.

Now if you or Mully or anybody still can't comprehend the difference, then I can't help you.

[quote name='sneaky' post='391452' date='Nov 21 2006, 03:25 PM']Ok, let me break it down for you. :rolleyes:

When a black comedian like Chris Rock or Dave Chappelle makes a "white" joke, the
intent behind it (regaurdless of whether it offends you or not), is not malicious. They
will make jokes about white people not being able to dance, or having no lips or

"crackers" but in the same routine, he calls black people "niggas" and "sambos" and makes fun
of them too.

However, what Richards did was completely different. He was angry he was being heckled,
and his intent was not to make the audience laugh but to belittle his hecklers. Fifty years ago
in this country, black men seen talking to white women or whatever, were hung and little black girls were
blown up by bombs when they went to church on Sunday mornings because they were black. Where's the humor in that?
As an African-American I have no problems with Richards if we wants to make "black jokes".
He can make fun of the way blacks dress, the way they talk, the way they spend all their money
on car rims....etc, just as long as it's semi- tasteful and as long he throws in some jabs at his own
ethnic group as well.

I have never seen or heard of a black comedian or any other comedian try to make fun
of the Jewish Holacaust in Germany. Has Chris Rock or Eddie Murphy ever made a joke

Richards crossed the line, he went somewhere he should not have gone. Hell, he would have
came out better if he called the hecklers stupid, or ugly , or even talked about their wives or mothers.

Now if you or Mully or anybody still can't comprehend the difference, then I can't help you.[/quote]

Alright, sneaky, I'll give you this one. Richard's did say that shit out of anger rather than in a comedic spirit. Yes, it's totally wrong.
MULLY

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='sneaky' post='391452' date='Nov 21 2006, 01:25 AM']Ok, let me break it down for you. :rolleyes:

of them too.

ethnic group as well.

Now if you or Mully or anybody still can't comprehend the difference, then I can't help you.[/quote]

Good point sneaky. But the guy called Kramer a cracker repeately also. He couldve just told him to stop instead of always including cracker in it. I agree with your post sneaky. I think though people do take this shit to far and it has to stop at one point. Kramer took it to far, I will admit it. Maybe people can stop with the racism jokes and just start with something else. Just quit.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='391460' date='Nov 21 2006, 01:53 AM']Wow, was he totally hammered or something?

I've lost all respect for that guy...[/quote]

I feel the same way. I thought he was "joking" around first but wtf?

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='sneaky' post='391452' date='Nov 21 2006, 01:25 AM']Ok, let me break it down for you. :rolleyes:

of them too.

ethnic group as well.

i think mully was referring to at anytime, not just in the routine.

it is just as bad for u to call me a cracker as it is for me to call u a nigger. yet u would call me cracker b4 i would ever call u a nigger. I really could care less. its just a word and only pussies get pissed over words. Anyone who gets pissed for the word nigger or cracker should walk out back and fire a shot in their head. Just like thae jackasses that bitch about cursing. Who the fuck cares, they are just fuckin words.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='391453' date='Nov 21 2006, 01:35 AM']Alright, sneaky, I'll give you this one. Richard's did say that shit out of anger rather than in a comedic spirit. Yes, it's totally wrong.
MULLY[/quote]
ya but if ur white u couldnt say it in a comedic spirit, but if ur black u can say cracker in a comedic spirit and no one loses it like pussies.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='391466' date='Nov 21 2006, 03:07 AM']i think mully was referring to at anytime, not just in the routine.
it is just as bad for u to call me a cracker as it is for me to call u a nigger. [b]yet u would call me cracker b4 i would ever call u a nigger.[/b] I really could care less. its just a word and only pussies get pissed over words. Anyone who gets pissed for the word nigger or cracker should walk out back and fire a shot in their head. Just like thae jackasses that bitch about cursing. Who the fuck cares, they are just fuckin words.[/quote]

Actually, I would just beat your ass before you would ever call me a nigger. You wouldn't
even have the chance to get the last syllable out. You would say "nigg...." and [b]BOOM[/b],
I'd crack you upside the jaw.

:ninja:

:P

Guest Claptonrocks
[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='391322' date='Nov 20 2006, 09:24 PM']What the hell kind of niggers would go see that silly-assed Kike and his assinine white boy humor anyway? No better for their black, wannabe asses. But, they did sting him with the pointed observations about his lack of a career - loser.[/quote]

What kind?
Probably some behind the scene cracker ass hatin' lowllife like your stupid ass.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='391467' date='Nov 21 2006, 05:09 PM']ya but if ur white u couldnt say it in a comedic spirit, but if ur black u can say cracker in a comedic spirit and no one loses it like pussies.[/quote]

Well, that was basically my point from the start. I was going to add that to my reply to sneaky but I felt that I shouldn't add a "But...." to it because there was zero argument to what sneaky had to say about it. Michael Richards was wrong. He should have stopped the racial stuff at the "50 years ago...." remark.

It's just sad that things have gotten this far out of whack in this world.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='sneaky' post='391475' date='Nov 21 2006, 03:21 AM']Actually, I would just beat your ass before you would ever call me a nigger. You wouldn't
even have the chance to get the last syllable out. You would say "nigg...." and [b]BOOM[/b],
I'd crack you upside the jaw.
:ninja:
:P[/quote]
dts. n....i.... :ninja:....gotcha [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//angel.gif[/img]

jaw feels just fine :D

Couple of things.

Why on earth would anyone be offended by being called a cracker? That word is stupid it doesnt have nearly the power that the N word does for black people.

The guy did call him a cracker though because he was upset and wanted to make richards just as upset as he was so that he could understand where he was comming from. If he really wanted to flip the script (because cracker just isnt offencive to me at least) he should have went on saying "oh yeah well 50+ years ago, you used to get fried in ovens." Both would have been equally wrong but his goal of pissing richards off as much as he was would have been acomplished. It was all "funny" to richards for the purpose of being "shocking", I wonder if the guy said that about the oven thing if he would have found it as funny. Somehow I doubt it.

[quote name='Claptonrocks' post='391476' date='Nov 21 2006, 03:50 AM']What kind?
Probably some behind the scene cracker ass hatin' lowllife like your stupid ass.[/quote]

:0stfu:

[quote name='Claptonrocks' post='299291' date='Jul 23 2006, 02:52 PM']I believe that there is more propaganda to tear down our leaders than ever before.
[b]that the middle east breeds terrorists and its time to rectify that whole situation there..[/b]
that Malcom X was brainwashed by a shoe salesmen ( Elijah Muhammad) ...became enlightened and the muslims killed him .
JFK blew it in the bay of pigs and created more enemies than he could handle.
[b]Blacks hate whites more than the other way around.[/b]
Spanish caused slave trading.
Rastafarians have the nastiest hair in the world..
Raggae music all sounds lilke the same song.
Rap Music has improved with time ( most of it still sucks though)
Rock Music will never make a comeback...
Bob Dylan is the Carl Sandburg of his era..but he cant sing a llick.
there is a heaven or whatever you want to call it.
there is a higher being ..
there is no hell.
there are angels
miracles
everyone should have to serve his country or shut the fuck up about it
most americans have become pacifists and are weak kneed..
people love to rant about the way the government handles the security of this country read too much propaganda written by cowards that wouldnt fight if their life depended on it.
the school system spends more money on wages and have forgotten what the hell the objective is....
teachers are the bottom rung of the school system and get shit on by administrators too much
taxes are out of hand... tax on what you buy and nothing else
Most Mexicans are hard workers...
Asians are smart and work hard.
Meat isnt meant to be digested by our stomachs...the residue causes cancers.
B-12 is a miracle vitamin at least for me
alcohol and drugs are crutches ...no matter how little you use them
America has only two allies..Israel and Great Britain...[b]
Whites emulate allot of black mannerisms and its led to the fucked up society we have today....[/b]
Roger Federer dominates his sport more than any athlete alive..
Dale Earnhart Jr. is the most overrated driver in Nascar.
Ahmad Brooks will be the greatest linebacker the Bengals have ever had.
Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson will go down as one of the greatest duos in football.
Adam Dunn will hit 600 homers.
Most high volumn internet posters dont have a good relationship with
women...[/quote]

[url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=16820&st=80"]http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?show...16820&st=80[/url]

Guest oldschooler
Riiiiiiiiiiiight....

[quote][size=5][b]Richards: outburst fueled by anger [/b][/size] (not bigotry)
By LYNN ELBER, AP Television Writer
53 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - He called two black hecklers the "n-word" and enthusiastically referenced a time when blacks were often victims of civil rights abuses, but [b]Michael Richards said his verbal barrage during a stand-up routine was fueled by anger and not bigotry. [/b]

"For me to be at a comedy club and flip out and say this crap, I'm deeply, deeply sorry," the former "Seinfeld" co-star said during a satellite appearance for David Letterman's "Late Show" in New York.

"I'm not a racist. That's what's so insane about this," Richards said, his tone becoming angry and frustrated as he defended himself.

Richards described himself as going into "a rage" over the two audience members who interrupted his act Friday at the Laugh Factory in West Hollywood.

His explanation was reminiscent of Mel Gibson's assertion that he wasn't anti-Semitic after he let off a barrage of Jewish slurs during a traffic stop last summer: despite what came out of his mouth, that's not what is inside him.

Industry colleagues were in no hurry to accept Richards' apology.

"Once the word comes out of your mouth and you don't happen to be African-American, then you have a whole lot of explaining," comedian Paul Rodriguez, who was at the Laugh Factory during Richards' performance, told CNN. "Freedom of speech has its limitations and I think Michael Richards found those limitations."

Veteran publicist Michael Levine, whose clients have included comedians George Carlin, Sam Kinison and Rodney Dangerfield, called Richards' remarks inexcusable. Comics often face hecklers without losing their cool, he said.

"I've never seen anything like this in my life," Levine said Monday. "I think it's a career ruiner for him. ... It's going to be a long road back for him, if at all."

His Laugh Factory tirade began after the two clubgoers shouted at him that he wasn't funny. A videotape of the incident was posted on TMZ.com.

Richards retorted: "Shut up! Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a f------ fork up your a--."

He then paced across the stage taunting the men for interrupting his show, peppering his speech with racial slurs and profanities.

"You can talk, you can talk, you're brave now mother------. Throw his a-- out. He's a n-----!" Richards shouts before repeating the racial epithet over and over again.

Moderating his tone at one point, Richards tells the audience, "It shocks you, it shocks you" and refers to "what lays buried."

While there is some chuckling in the audience throughout the outburst, someone can be heard gasping "Oh my God" and people respond with "ooh" after Richards uses the n-word.

Eventually someone calls out: "It's not funny. That's why you're a reject, never had no shows, never had no movies. `Seinfeld,' that's it."

Richards deserved the chance to apologize, Jerry Seinfeld said on the "Late Show."

"He's someone that I love and I know how shattered he is about" what happened, Seinfeld said.

At one point, however, Richards grew flustered and expressed second thoughts about appearing on the program when his use of the term "Afro-American" caused some audience members to laugh.

"I'm hearing your audience laugh and I'm not even sure that this is where I should be addressing the situation," he said.

Richards, 57, who played Seinfeld's eccentric neighbor Kramer on the hit 1989-98 sitcom, hadn't spoken publicly about his remarks before "Late Show."

___

Associated Press Writers Jacob Adelman in Los Angeles and Erin Carlson in New York contributed to this report.[/quote]

[url="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061121/ap_on_en_tv/michael_richards"]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061121/ap_on_...ichael_richards[/url]

^why is that so hard to believe?

dude was trying to do his job and was being barraged by a few dumbfucks in the audience. hes a moron and went for the low blow on the pair so they would shut up, apparently not realizing that his angry tirade would not be viewed as a funny stunt, but more of an innappropriate jesture. havnt any of you ever been to any comedy clubs before? im not trying to make excuses for the cat but what he said was insanely mild compared to the shit youd hear coming out of comedians like dice clay and co.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='Nati Ice' post='391587' date='Nov 21 2006, 10:27 AM']^why is that so hard to believe?

dude was trying to do his job and was being barraged by a few dumbfucks in the audience. hes a moron and went for the low blow on the pair so they would shut up, apparently not realizing that his angry tirade would not be viewed as a funny stunt, but more of an innappropriate jesture. havnt any of you ever been to any comedy clubs before? im not trying to make excuses for the cat but what he said was insanely mild compared to the shit youd hear coming out of comedians like dice clay and co.[/quote]

Would he have used a racial slur if the hecklers were white ?

I highly doubt it.

I`ve been to Comedy Clubs before. And I`ve never heard anyone
call an audience member a nigger, and say he`s lucky it wasn`t 50 years
ago, and all that other garabge. What he said wasn`t meant to be funny.
It was an attack. A racial attack... period.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='Chris Henrys Dealer' post='391589' date='Nov 21 2006, 10:29 AM']Bill Hicks was once heckled by a Jewish viewer, and he replied, "Hitler had the right idea, he was just an underachiever"

Is that line as bad or no?[/quote]

Ugggh the heckler was shouting "Free Bird". How Hicks came to the
conclusion that the guy was Jewish from that is beyond me...

And yes it was a bad line.

Archived