Micheal Richards Racial tirade.

Bengals_12th_Man

[quote name='oldschooler' post='391607' date='Nov 21 2006, 11:57 AM']Would he have used a racial slur if the hecklers were white ?[/quote]i dont see why he would, bc unless hes jewish or a michael jackson clone it wouldnt make much sense

[quote name='oldschooler' post='391607' date='Nov 21 2006, 11:57 AM']I`ve been to Comedy Clubs before. And I`ve never heard anyone
call an audience member a nigger, and say he`s lucky it wasn`t 50 years
ago, and all that other garabge.[/quote]guess you jsut dont get out much

[quote name='oldschooler' post='391607' date='Nov 21 2006, 11:57 AM']What he said wasn`t meant to be funny.
It was an attack. A racial attack... period.[/quote]no shit, it was an extremely uncalled for and insensitive remark made by a dumbfuck... but i still dont see how you assume ignorance and anger couldnt have possibly been a factor in the outburst, and instead assume hes some klan member by night. the guys a dumbfuck, he freaked out and looked to insult the perpetrators in anyway possible and only realized the ramifications of what he said afterwords. im not making excuses for the guy, im just saying you dont actually need to believe every connotation of a word to say it in an emotionally charged outburst. just think of the most vile innappropriate statement youve ever made, and then imagine it being on film... now tell me others wouldnt have a problem with it if you were famous.

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='391612' date='Nov 21 2006, 11:08 AM']i dont see why he would, bc unless hes jewish or a michael jackson clone it wouldnt make much sense[/quote]

He could have called him an asshole or a few other names and gotten his point
across, and could have even been funny about it, regardless of the heckler`s
skin color. That was my point.

[quote]guess you jsut dont get out much[/quote]

Not since my twins were born. But I`ve probably been out more than you have.

Anyway, you act like this shit is common place. Obviously it`s not.

[quote]no shit, it was an extremely uncalled for and insensitive remark made by a dumbfuck... but i still dont see how you assume ignorance and anger couldnt have possibly been a factor in the outburst, and instead assume hes some klan member by night. the guys a dumbfuck, he freaked out and looked to insult the perpetrators in anyway possible and only realized the ramifications of what he said afterwords. im not making excuses for the guy, im just saying you dont actually need to believe every connotation of a word to say it in an emotionally charged outburst. just think of the most vile innappropriate statement youve ever made, and then imagine it being on film... now tell me others wouldnt have a problem with it if you were famous.[/quote]

So you have to be a member of the Klan to be a bigot ? :rolleyes:

I guess Mel Gibson isn`t really anti semetic either ?
I mean he was drunk and was just being angry because
he was busted for drunk driving.

You don`t say shit like that unless you mean it.
Ecspecially in front of a crowd of people.

He has been a comedian for decades. You can`t tell me it`s the
first time he`s ever been heckled. Sure he lost his cool,
but you don`t say words like that unless you mean them.
Regardless if you`re angry or whatever... period.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='391426' date='Nov 20 2006, 11:36 PM']First, let me say that what he did was totally uncalled for. There is no reason good enough for anyone to resort to that kind of insult. But I'd also like to say that I think it's unfair that black comedians can go on stage, call us crackers, the man, whatever and nothing is said about it. It's reverse racism. Same thing in my book.
MULLY
don't dish it out if you can't take it[/quote]

There's no such thing as reverse racism. It's racism. Reverse racism would be something that isn't racism. Whites aren't the only ones capable of racism.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='391610' date='Nov 21 2006, 12:06 PM']Ugggh the heckler was shouting "Free Bird". How Hicks came to the
conclusion that the guy was Jewish from that is beyond me...

And yes it was a bad line.[/quote]

I believe the heckler was wearing a Yamakah. I 've read that on some sites, and there was a crappy VH1 type 1 documentary about it, which mentioned that as well.

I think Richards repeated use of the slur is the problem here. He just lost it. If it was a one time shot at the hecklers, he could justify it as a shock comment. But he just keeps going and going like the KKK Energizer Bunny, and that's what's gotten him into deep shit.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Hooky' post='391618' date='Nov 21 2006, 12:23 PM']There's no such thing as reverse racism. It's racism. Reverse racism would be something that isn't racism. Whites aren't the only ones capable of racism.[/quote]
hahaha, and mully is a Language/English teacher [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img]

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='391498' date='Nov 21 2006, 08:07 AM']Couple of things.

Why on earth would anyone be offended by being called a cracker? [b]That word is stupid it doesnt have nearly the power that the N word does for black people.[/b]

The guy did call him a cracker though because he was upset and wanted to make richards just as upset as he was so that he could understand where he was comming from. If he really wanted to flip the script (because cracker just isnt offencive to me at least) he should have went on saying "oh yeah well 50+ years ago, you used to get fried in ovens." Both would have been equally wrong but his goal of pissing richards off as much as he was would have been acomplished. It was all "funny" to richards for the purpose of being "shocking", I wonder if the guy said that about the oven thing if he would have found it as funny. Somehow I doubt it.[/quote]
the word only has the power that some jackass lets it have. if u ignore it then it has no power. IT IS A FUCKIN WORD, IT CANT DO SHIT. SOME PEOPLE JUST NEED TO GROW UP, IGNORE, AND MOVE ON. I think everyone here knows im a dick, ive had more things said to me than anyone on this board and it only hurts if u let it hurt. If u ignore it then its no big deal. People just overreact to everything, thats society today.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='Chris Henrys Dealer' post='391619' date='Nov 21 2006, 11:24 AM']I believe the heckler was wearing a Yamakah. I 've read that on some sites, and there was a crappy VH1 type 1 documentary about it, which mentioned that as well.[/quote]

Ahhhh. I hadn`t heard about the Yamakah, just what was said.

Anyway, I still don`t think what he said was appropriate.

If you`re truly a Professional at being funny. You should be able to
handle a heckler without bringing their race into it. You should have plenty
of material to make them part of the show. Just my opinion.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='391627' date='Nov 21 2006, 12:31 PM']the word only has the power that some jackass lets it have. if u ignore it then it has no power. IT IS A FUCKIN WORD, IT CANT DO SHIT. SOME PEOPLE JUST NEED TO GROW UP, IGNORE, AND MOVE ON. I think everyone here knows im a dick, ive had more things said to me than anyone on this board and it only hurts if u let it hurt. If u ignore it then its no big deal. People just overreact to everything, thats society today.[/quote]

I understand what your saying about giving it power, but history gives it as much power as does the individual.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='391627' date='Nov 21 2006, 11:31 AM']the word only has the power that some jackass lets it have. if u ignore it then it has no power. IT IS A FUCKIN WORD, IT CANT DO SHIT. SOME PEOPLE JUST NEED TO GROW UP, IGNORE, AND MOVE ON. I think everyone here knows im a dick, ive had more things said to me than anyone on this board and it only hurts if u let it hurt. [b]If u ignore it then its no big deal[/b]. People just overreact to everything, thats society today.[/quote]

Says the white boy. Go call the next black guy you see that word and watch him ignore it...

That word is one of the most inflammatory words in the English language.
It`s orgins are well known and it is used to be a source of degradation and embarrassment.

[quote name='Hooky' post='391618' date='Nov 22 2006, 02:23 AM']There's no such thing as reverse racism. It's racism. Reverse racism would be something that isn't racism. Whites aren't the only ones capable of racism.[/quote]

Yeah, yada yada, you know what was meant by that.
MULLY

[quote name='oldschooler' post='391636' date='Nov 21 2006, 12:37 PM']Says the white boy. Go call the next black guy you see that word and watch him ignore it...

It`s orgins are well known and it is used to be a source of degradation and embarrassment.[/quote]

That's why blacks say it constantly referring to their buddies? They only get offended if someone that's not black says it. They can say it, but anyone else that says it is fucked. It's just a power thing.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='oldschooler' post='391629' date='Nov 21 2006, 12:32 PM']Ahhhh. I hadn`t heard about the Yamakah, just what was said.

Anyway, I still don`t think what he said was appropriate.

If you`re truly a Professional at being funny. You should be able to
handle a heckler without bringing their race into it. You should have plenty
of material to make them part of the show. Just my opinion.[/quote]
anyone got a link to this jewish thing? ive never heard of it. id like to see it.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='391634' date='Nov 21 2006, 12:36 PM']I understand what your saying about giving it power, but history gives it as much power as does the individual.[/quote]
ok? And continuing to give it power is the way to go? If people would grow up and move on then it would lose its power. If TWM stopped reacting to us making fun of him, how much longer would people make fun of him? It continues to happen because of his reactions, so if people stop reacting then the use of the word will stop. If those guys would have just sat their and ignored what he said, he would have looked like a jackass and they would have won. Instead they both looked like fucking morons cuz they cried about it and then made racial slurs right back. They were no better than Richards and they gave him and that word the power.

It only takes minor intelligence and the problem is most of society lacks any form of intelligence.

[quote][quote name='oldschooler' post='391636' date='Nov 21 2006, 12:37 PM']
Says the white boy. Go call the next black guy you see that word and watch him ignore it...

It`s orgins are well known and it is used to be a source of degradation and embarrassment.[/quote]
hooky stole the words out of my mouth below.

[quote name='Hooky' post='391643' date='Nov 21 2006, 12:45 PM'][b]That's why blacks say it constantly referring to their buddies? They only get offended if someone that's not black says it. They can say it, but anyone else that says it is fucked. It's just a power thing.[/b][/quote]
[/quote]
If you are offended from being called a nigger, then dont call people nigger either (or nigga, there is no fucking difference just fuckin dipshits who wanna say there is).

i dont go around referring to my friends as crackers or rednecks.

Anyone who refers to their friend as a nigger, is a jackass and should be shot because that word is derogatory :rolleyes:

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='Hooky' post='391643' date='Nov 21 2006, 11:45 AM']That's why blacks say it constantly referring to their buddies? They only get offended if someone that's not black says it. They can say it, but anyone else that says it is fucked. It's just a power thing.[/quote]

Ugggh, if I call my friend a "fag", it`s a little different than if I`m calling a gay person
a "fag" don`t ya think ?

The word Nigger was born out of hatred. The word Blacks use towards one another
isn`t that exact word. It`s a word they made to take try and take away the power
of the other form of the word.

But personally, I don`t like hearing anyone saying either form of the word.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='oldschooler' post='391658' date='Nov 21 2006, 01:01 PM']Ugggh, if I call my friend a "fag", it`s a little different than if I`m calling a gay person
a "fag" don`t ya think ?

[b]The word Nigger was born out of hatred. The word Blacks use towards one another
isn`t that exact word.[/b][b] It`s a word they made to take try and take away the power
of the other form of the word.[/b]

But personally, I don`t like hearing anyone saying either form of the word.[/quote]
And the word was around b4 it was ever used in a racist sense.

"The Spanish word negro originates from the Latin word niger, meaning black. In English, negro or neger became negar and finally nigger, most likely under influence of French nègre (also derived from the Latin niger).

In Colonial America, Neger (sometimes spelled "neggar") prevailed in northern New York under the Dutch and also in Philadelphia, in its Moravian and Pennsylvania Dutch communities. For example, the African Burial Ground in New York City was originally known as "Begraaf Plaats van de Neger."

In the United States, the word nigger was not originally considered derogatory, but merely denotative of black, as it was in much of the world. In nineteenth-century literature, there are many uses of the word nigger with no intended negative connotation. Mark Twain, Charles Dickens, and Joseph Conrad (who published The Nigger of the 'Narcissus' in 1897) used the word without racist intent."

It adds to the power imo. And if thats their reasoning then whoever came up with that is a dipshit.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='391654' date='Nov 21 2006, 12:56 PM']anyone got a link to this jewish thing? ive never heard of it. id like to see it.
ok? And continuing to give it power is the way to go? If people would grow up and move on then it would lose its power. If TWM stopped reacting to us making fun of him, how much longer would people make fun of him? It continues to happen because of his reactions, so if people stop reacting then the use of the word will stop. If those guys would have just sat their and ignored what he said, he would have looked like a jackass and they would have won. Instead they both looked like fucking morons cuz they cried about it and then made racial slurs right back. They were no better than Richards and they gave him and that word the power.

It only takes minor intelligence and the problem is most of society lacks any form of intelligence.
hooky stole the words out of my mouth below.
If you are offended from being called a nigger, then dont call people nigger either (or nigga, there is no fucking difference just fuckin dipshits who wanna say there is).

i dont go around referring to my friends as crackers or rednecks.

Anyone who refers to their friend as a nigger, is a jackass and should be shot because that word is derogatory :rolleyes:[/quote]

Ok, like Old said, go call any black person a "n**" and expect them not to get enraged by it. Hell that word pisses me off and im not black.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='391665' date='Nov 21 2006, 12:10 PM']It adds to the power imo. And if thats their reasoning then whoever came up with that is a dipshit.[/quote]

Who did you plagiarize all that other stuff from ?
The word fag means other things in Britian. What`s your point ?

The form of the word nigger that we`re talking about, was used by slave owners and other bigots.

Every black man that was ever lynched was called a nigger.

Sometimes they were tied to a tree, castrated, and choked to death
on the blood from their own testicles that were shoved into their mouth,
while being called a nigger.

And most of this happened after 1897...

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Nati Ice' post='391587' date='Nov 21 2006, 11:27 AM']^why is that so hard to believe?

dude was trying to do his job and was being barraged by a few dumbfucks in the audience. hes a moron and went for the low blow on the pair so they would shut up, apparently not realizing that his angry tirade would not be viewed as a funny stunt, but more of an innappropriate jesture. havnt any of you ever been to any comedy clubs before? im not trying to make excuses for the cat but what he said was insanely mild compared to the shit youd hear coming out of comedians like dice clay and co.[/quote]

i have a terrible temper at times, but i have never went into a biggotted tirade... yeah, he might have blown up b/c he was pissed, but you don't say those types of things unless your a biggot....

btw, how has this not been moved to the jesus and dubya thread yet?

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Chris Henrys Dealer' post='391589' date='Nov 21 2006, 11:29 AM']Bill Hicks was once heckled by a Jewish viewer, and he replied, "Hitler had the right idea, he was just an underachiever"

Is that line as bad or no?[/quote]

equivalent imo... maybe worse actually...

[img]http://www.thinktankmktg.com/public/uploads/2006-10-16-6fcf93cc7a_t.jpg[/img]

Anyone seen Katt Williams: Pimp Chronicles 1 :unsure:

did you know? he was born in Cincinnati on Sep 2, 1973.

IMO, Richards use of the word was done in the form of a weapon.

Additionally, I also believe it was in the sense of self-defense, he was being attacked (verbally) however the mannerism in which the word was used is not justified (as a weapon) in this case, as a retalitory action.

He is a seasoned comedian and you would think he would have alligator skin and should of been able to maintain his faculties during these situations and confronted the attacker, especially in this line of work.

He should of walked off the stage.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='391669' date='Nov 21 2006, 01:14 PM'][b]Ok, like Old said, go call any black person a "n**" and expect them not to get enraged by it.[/b] Hell that word pisses me off and im not black.[/quote]
thats not the point.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Hooky' post='391643' date='Nov 21 2006, 12:45 PM']That's why blacks say it constantly referring to their buddies? They only get offended if someone that's not black says it. They can say it, but anyone else that says it is fucked. It's just a power thing.[/quote]

"nigger" does NOT equal "nigga"

quite simple...

<edit> some racial tendancies are being exposed pretty blantently in this thread ;)

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='bengalrick' post='391697' date='Nov 21 2006, 01:39 PM'][b]"nigger" does NOT equal "nigga"[/b]

quite simple...

<edit> some racial tendancies are being exposed pretty blantently in this thread ;)[/quote]
The creation of the 2nd word is retarded and should be removed. I'm sure Coy Bacon loved the creator of the word "nigga."

[quote name='oldschooler' post='391658' date='Nov 21 2006, 01:01 PM']The word Nigger was born out of hatred. The word Blacks use towards one another
isn`t that exact word. It`s a word they made to take try and take away the power
of the other form of the word.[/quote]

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read. They control what you call them or say to them, if not, they scream racism. At first, it was: Don't call us Niggers, we want to be called negroes, then don't call us negroes, call us colored, make that black, make that African American. Anything else is unacceptable.
It's all about controlling what people say.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='Hooky' post='391712' date='Nov 21 2006, 12:52 PM']That's the dumbest thing I've ever read. They control what you call them or say to them, if not, they scream racism. At first, it was: Don't call us Niggers, we want to be called negroes, then don't call us negroes, call us colored, make that black, make that African American. Anything else is unacceptable.
It's all about controlling what people say.[/quote]

Dumbest thing you`ve ever read huh ?

I don`t know if I should be honored or insulted.

I can`t believe you`re acting like because they call each other a different form of the word,
that it`s OK for everyone else to call them that. Like I said, you can call a friend or family
member a name, no big deal. Call someone you don`t know that same name, and it is a big deal.

Words take on different forms depending on who is saying them and the tone/situation they`re used in.

If you have trouble understanding that the word Nigger is racist, then I guess I
shouldn`t be insulted with your "that`s the dumbest thing I`ve ever read" statement.

Archived