The official UK Wildcats

Guest steggyD

Guest steggyD
Had a strong start and finish against Depaul last nigh. Bunch of new guys, I hardly recognize the team. Well, tonight should be a good test and a great building game against UCLA. Even if they lose, they will learn to play against a good team.

I know I'm not the most knowledgeable UK fan here, but I saw no thread started yet. I wanted to talk Wildcats with some of ya fans out there. Let's talk.

[quote name='steggyD' post='391810' date='Nov 21 2006, 04:34 PM']Had a strong start and finish against Depaul last nigh. Bunch of new guys, I hardly recognize the team. Well, tonight should be a good test and a great building game against UCLA. Even if they lose, they will learn to play against a good team.

I know I'm not the most knowledgeable UK fan here, but I saw no thread started yet. I wanted to talk Wildcats with some of ya fans out there. Let's talk.[/quote]

There is a good reason why a thread hasn't been started yet. This is a cinci web site. I really don't care if you start a thread about uk but, people are gona come in here and talk shit.If you start saying things about uc, I'll be one of them.

[quote name='j.5000022' post='391822' date='Nov 21 2006, 04:50 PM']There is a good reason why a thread hasn't been started yet. This is a cinci web site. I really don't care if you start a thread about uk but, people are gona come in here and talk shit.If you start saying things about uc, I'll be one of them.[/quote]
Whatever. This isn't a "Cincinnati" website, it's a Bengals message board that has seperate forums for all kinds of other stuff.
And all the shit talking I've seen between UK and UC fans has been goodnatured ribbing. We did it last year, we'll do it again this year.

Thanks for starting this Steg, we UK fans are going to need to learn about some of these new guys. I've only been able to watch two games so far this season, but a couple thoughts:

We look like we are trying to push the ball and tempo even harder this year than last. Ramel Bradley is learning the one guard spot on the fly and is doing decently well. Joe Crawford and Randolph Morris are the two players with the most ability to change the momentum in games.
Newcomer Perry Stevenson....LOOK OUT! The guy is the second coming of Tayshaun Prince, except more defensive-oriented. I watched him block 7 shots a few nights ago against Miami of Ohio. He is going to be unreal.The other freshmen of note, Derrick Jasper and Jodie Meeks look to contribute right away as well.
This is one athletic bunch and I expect us to be nipping at Florida's heels all season long.
GO BLUE!

Guest steggyD

[quote name='j.5000022' post='391822' date='Nov 21 2006, 04:50 PM']There is a good reason why a thread hasn't been started yet. This is a cinci web site. I really don't care if you start a thread about uk but, people are gona come in here and talk shit.If you start saying things about uc, I'll be one of them.[/quote]
:lol:

We've had one every year so far.

[quote name='j.5000022' post='391822' date='Nov 21 2006, 09:50 PM']There is a good reason why a thread hasn't been started yet. This is a cinci web site. I really don't care if you start a thread about uk but, people are gona come in here and talk shit.If you start saying things about uc, I'll be one of them.[/quote]

Wildcat fans outnumber Bearcat fans in the city of Cincinnati 3-1

that means 3 out of 4 Cincinnatians know their basketball :wave:

[quote name='steggyD' post='391866' date='Nov 21 2006, 05:45 PM']:lol:

We've had one every year so far.[/quote]

Yea and I bet lots of people talk shit to you too!

[quote name='Storm' post='391898' date='Nov 21 2006, 06:42 PM']Wildcat fans outnumber Bearcat fans in the city of Cincinnati 3-1
that means 3 out of 4 Cincinnatians know their basketball :wave:[/quote]

They do not!!

Guest steggyD
I don't feel right arguing with special ed students, but ... This is a Bengals forum, and Bengals' fans are all over the world and specifically right across the river in Kentucky. You know, the good side of the river. And the better people over there like the Wildcats. And there are quite a few of us Wildcats fans on this forum. So just take your thug team lovin' ass and post in a Bearcats' thread. I'm sure the other fan will love to talk Bearcats with you.

[quote name='j.5000022' post='391904' date='Nov 21 2006, 11:47 PM']I'm not a uk fan. I have one qeustion. Just want to know if they still have the very very tall guy. Really tall guy. Agian not a uk fan, just wondering.[/quote]

Not a UK fan? had me fooled

must be a Xavier fan

[quote name='Bunghole' post='392002' date='Nov 22 2006, 03:09 AM']Good riddance. Now if we can just get Orbzut to give his scholarship to someone worthy.....[/quote]

Wouldn't hurt my feelings if division 2 talent Bobby Perry got the ax, he wouldn't start on any other division 1 school. also Crawford is not a starter, even saying he should be the 6th man is a stretch.

Jasper looks great along with Meeks and Stephens, might as well scrap everything and turn to the freshman full time

[quote name='Storm' post='392010' date='Nov 21 2006, 10:59 PM']Wouldn't hurt my feelings if division 2 talent Bobby Perry got the ax, he wouldn't start on any other division 1 school. also Crawford is not a starter, even saying he should be the 6th man is a stretch.
Jasper looks great along with Meeks and Stephens, might as well scrap everything and turn to the freshman full time[/quote]
I think you're way off base, Crawford and Perry are stellar contributors.
Ask yourself: Can any team have NBA talent at every position?

[quote name='Bunghole' post='392011' date='Nov 22 2006, 04:03 AM']I think you're way off base, Crawford and Perry are stellar contributors.
Ask yourself: Can any team have NBA talent at every position?[/quote]

I only missed a couple of games last year and I can tell you that Perry had 2 good games, the rest he stunk it up, he is overmatched, just watch him closely and you will see, Crawford is a good role player but he's not starter material. both are being outplayed by freshman

Perry the only player to log minutes not to score tonight

stellar! ;)

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='392042' date='Nov 22 2006, 03:01 AM']for those UK fans: a little something to remember...1992 Duke vs UK, buzzer beater and :)[/quote]
What were you then, like four?
I hate Christian Laettner still. Lucky-ass shot.

I say we start Jasper along with Stevenson, keep Perry on the bench and make Crwford the 6th man

Bradley P
Jasper G
Meeks G
Stevenson F
Morris C
crawford 6th man

Have to go with a 3 guard set cause they don't have any forwards, have no idea on Coury but Thomas and Perry don't belong on a Div 1 program

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='Bunghole' post='392069' date='Nov 22 2006, 06:05 AM']What were you then, like four?
I hate Christian Laettner still. Lucky-ass shot.[/quote]
4? nope. 6 turning 7 and watched every minute of the game. My dad has been a Duke fan since he knew wat college ball was and his mom (my grandma) is a huge UK fan. We had her over for the game and once it ended we acted out the final play many times on my indoor basketball hoop :D lets just say my grandma left the house on bad terms for a few days.

Guest steggyD
Perry's a walk-on, isn't he? I think he's ok to spell some people, but I don't like him out there too long. But I trust him more than Bradley. Bradley scares me at the point. He's so careless with the ball and he keeps it too long. Pass the damn ball already Bradley.

[quote name='steggyD' post='392240' date='Nov 22 2006, 07:12 PM']Perry's a walk-on, isn't he? I think he's ok to spell some people, but I don't like him out there too long. But I trust him more than Bradley. Bradley scares me at the point. He's so careless with the ball and he keeps it too long. Pass the damn ball already Bradley.[/quote]

Bradley is new at the point and is still learning, he will get better

Archived