DVD Recording

WhoDey48

The situation: my band has just started playing our first shows and we had to film a live video for a battle of the bands try out.

The porblem: we want to transfer the video onto the computer. but you cant transfer the video from the camera to the comptuer through a usb port or anything like that... its just on the little cassette in the camera.

What I think I can do (but not sure): We are thinking we should plug the camera in the tv, then record the video from the cassette onto a DVD with a DVD recorder. Then we would put the DVD on the computer... and we are wondering if there is a way you can rip the video and save it onto your comptuer as a video file.

I've got no idea what kinda of format the files might be and if we would be able to save the video from the DVD to the computer or not. i've got no clue on this issue.

So any help or information would be greatly appriciated.

I don't know anything about the transfer to the computer but when my old band played out I recorded all of our shows and put them onto DVD. I ran my camera straight into my DVD player (it's got an 80gig hard drive). I'd record it onto the HD and then could make copies onto DVD as long as I wanted. Never tried to put it on the computer though. Sorry.
MULLY
what kind of music do you guys play and what is your role in the band?

Guest steggyD
Why can't you play the camera into the computer? Is this an older camera? A DV camera? What is it?

Most new camcorders, you can plug right into the computer by way of firewire/USB. If not, you might need some sort of capture card on a computer, then you can just play the camera while the computer records by way of capture card. This is what I do with an old camcorder. Give us more information please.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='395090' date='Nov 27 2006, 03:57 PM']Here's some help for you:

www.google.com[/quote]

and for you.. www.manicdepression.com

as for the situation, the kaos you discribed would work, and some freebee program will rip the video from dvd to a video file easily... i have an old ass CV video cmaera and its got firewire connection and transferes straight to computer.. its probably 6 years old..maybe 8 years old..

Archived