DaChis212 & Raven Fan101: Where are you hoez?

Guest ONYX

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/33.gif[/img] I agree that you guys helped San Diego lose tremendously, but a comeback like that has to be done by both teams. LT - who should be the MVP this year, no doubt - is definitely a huge factor for them, but I think they could do pretty well without him. They certainly would not be as good as they are now, but they could still be a good team - not a great team. Phillip Rivers is playing well, and he definitely has good communication with his receivers. They have a good defense, too. Granted, they haven't played that well lately, but I do think they will eventually step it up. Shawne Merriman (and his 'roided ass) will have a big effect in his return.

What tha?!? Ravens fans are winning again and they grow a little bit of hair on their balls.

Well at least these guys are the classy ones, and a good number are, but man when I was at that last game there was this jackass that kept yelling at me after the game "..Joseph...Joseph...I dont even know who you are you must not be on the roster." (I had my Jonathan Joseph Jersey on, our 1st round pick this year) I ignored him and he kept yelling so I finally turn around and walk up to him and say "Hey let me buy you [b]another[/b] beer." and he shut up. That was funny as hell.

I had the guys sitting next to us go on a "chris henry is a criminal" thing (these guys gave us a hard time in a good natured way) and I was like "Is a RAVENS fan really going to go on about that?!? I mean at least none of our guys did 3 months in the state pen."

Ah good times.

[quote name='Purple Predator' post='396462' date='Nov 29 2006, 08:45 PM']It seems like you guys are thinking with your head, quite honestly.

I do think the Ravens will lose this game, but the Bengals are definitely NOT the better team. Your pass defense is awful, and your run defense ain't that much better.

Your offense is better than ours, but it's not by that much anymore. Our receivers are almost as good as yours, and I think McNair is as good as Palmer is, quite frankly.[/quote]

McNair is a good QB no doubt, but he isnt in the Palmer/Manning class anymore and is on the backside of his carreer, he will give you 2-3 good seasons and then its time for Billick to go on that wonderfull QB search that he is SO good at.

Derrick Mason same thing.

Todd Heap is a stud and if we ran a offence that featured a TE more than our WRs I'd love to have him.

The rest of your WRs are NOT as good as TJ and Henry, but I would rate them as good as our #4 (at least now that Chatman is our for the year) Kelly Washington. They do have about that much talent.

I still fail to understand why you gave Jamal Lewis a new contract, he too is on the downside of his career and even last year wasnt the back he used to be.

You Defence is far better than ours Ill give you that Now granted we were going to be on the up and coming untill we got derailed by injures and stupidity. But with as many of you ratbird fans that came up to us after last years game saying stuff like "I hate your team but I love your coach" We both know Marvin will get the ship righted eventually, he had a few bad years in Bmore with the D at the begining of his tenure there as well.

[quote name='ONYX' post='396511' date='Nov 29 2006, 09:45 PM']Jamal Lewis used to be a great running back. But for the past couple of years
he has ran like a running back at the twilight of his career. I don't care what anybody
says, I will always believe Jamal lewis lost his manhood during his stay at ClubFed.[/quote]

Agreed, its like he is running with a buttplug that he forgot to take out when he became a free man again.

[quote name='Purple Predator' post='396526' date='Nov 29 2006, 10:02 PM']I've been all for bringing Mike Anderson in all season up until Sunday. I don't care what you say; pissburgh does have a good run defense. Although the stats may not show it, Jamal ran over that defense. You keep him in, he gets a 100 yard game probably. That Steeler D had given up, and Jamal could wear down that defense easily. I still think, at the end of the year, it will come down to either keeping AD or Jamal. I'll take AD any day.

As for Palmer's two-minute drill. I think it's OK, but I don't think it's up there with McNair. I think McNair is the best in the league at running it along with Tom Brady. Without his awareness and ability to run the two-minute drill, we would have lost to the Chargers, the Browns, and the Titans. We would be 6-5 without that ability alone. I don't really care about stats. 3 games won is good enough for me.[/quote]

Pitt last year had a good D, this year ...not so much.

I look foward to his matchup, because:

1) Our offense is miles ahead of the Ravens, anyone who thinks different is beyond homeristic.

2) The Ravens' defense is miles ahead of ours, anyone who thinks different is beyond homeristic.

This type of matchup, especially between division rivals breeds a great and intense football game. It benefits all of those who watch.

I definitely expect the Bengals to win. They are at home, their backs are against the wall and they have a bad taste in their mouth from the last time. However, they will have to bring their A game.

[quote name='Purple Predator' post='396462' date='Nov 29 2006, 08:45 PM']It seems like you guys are thinking with your head, quite honestly.

I do think the Ravens will lose this game, but the Bengals are definitely NOT the better team. Your pass defense is awful, and your run defense ain't that much better.

Your offense is better than ours, but it's not by that much anymore. Our receivers are almost as good as yours, and I think McNair is as good as Palmer is, quite frankly.[/quote]

What receivers? If the Bengals decided to Kimo Heap or actually cover him, the Ravens become one dimensional. We would just have to key on Jamal and watch passes to backs in the flat. And it probably wouldn't hurt to keep an eye on Mason.

Bottom line: If the Bengals don't let Heap run free again and commit 0 turnovers on offense and special teams. Bengals win by 10 or 11.

You must be looking through black & orange glasses. I don't think anyone has a more well rounded team this year than the Ravens. I would not agree that your offense is head and shoulders over ours. You have a hell of a receiving core and a hell of a QB. We have two damn good WR's in 2nd yr Clayton, and seasoned vet Mason. He doesn't get enough run but rookie D. Williams can be the truth in the NFL. Not to mention Heap. I keep hearing all the geriatric shit about Steve but he's 9-2, and hate him or love him we all know what he's capable of. The one nod I will give you offensively is because of your lack of D you try a hell of a lot more big plays. We are a Defensive team. We want to wear you down with the run, dink & dunk, eat the clock, put up points and rest the D. Now I will admit that I never thought I would see the Jamal Lewis who ran through shitsburg again. I thought that guy was done. Should that young man show up tonight, I like the Ravens to win. If the Ravens try to impose their will on Palmer like they did Ben, stacking 8-9 men in the box, and Ravens run game is stifled, Bengals win. I will take the same approach that I took last game, with the addition of a rejuvenated Jamal. The secondary needs to stay disciplined in a cover 2 D unless we get ahead. If the D lets your WRs get behind them they can hang it up. I will tell you I've been like a kid on christmas eve waiting on this one. This will be a dog fight. I hope it will be an injury free 60 minutes of smash mouth football. May the best team win.

[quote name='DaChis212' post='396879' date='Nov 30 2006, 12:22 PM']You must be looking through black & orange glasses. I don't think anyone has a more well rounded team this year than the Ravens. I would not agree that your offense is head and shoulders over ours. You have a hell of a receiving core and a hell of a QB. We have two damn good WR's in 2nd yr Clayton, and seasoned vet Mason. He doesn't get enough run but rookie D. Williams can be the truth in the NFL. Not to mention Heap. I keep hearing all the geriatric shit about Steve but he's 9-2, and hate him or love him we all know what he's capable of. The one nod I will give you offensively is because of your lack of D you try a hell of a lot more big plays. We are a Defensive team. We want to wear you down with the run, dink & dunk, eat the clock, put up points and rest the D. Now I will admit that I never thought I would see the Jamal Lewis who ran through shitsburg again. I thought that guy was done. Should that young man show up tonight, I like the Ravens to win. If the Ravens try to impose their will on Palmer like they did Ben, stacking 8-9 men in the box, and Ravens run game is stifled, Bengals win. I will take the same approach that I took last game, with the addition of a rejuvenated Jamal. The secondary needs to stay disciplined in a cover 2 D unless we get ahead. If the D lets your WRs get behind them they can hang it up. I will tell you I've been like a kid on christmas eve waiting on this one. This will be a dog fight. I hope it will be an injury free 60 minutes of smash mouth football. May the best team win.[/quote]

Mason is good but he is heading downhill, he isnt the same WR that lead the league in yards a few years ago.
Clayton is decent as well, but to compare him to TJ or Henry is a bit, well alot, laughable. D. Williams I've heard the same before about Musa Smith. Heap is a stud, if we ran an O that featured the TEs more than our WRs I'd love to have him. McNair is still a good QB but you got him on the backside of his career and will only reap the benifits for 2-3 years max. Jamal ran through shitsburgh, but they arent a good D this year. Now granted we arent that great either, but we have held some decent RBs to less than 100 yards (Think McCalister/Bush collectivly as well). So long as we dont giftwrap you 14 points in the first 5 minutes the best team will win. ;)

BTW, prediction.... you guys will win the division we make the playoffs as the #6 seed, Indy and SD get the 1st round byes, you get the #3 seed and we see a rubber match in Jan.

What's going on Rumble? You definitely will get some air time with that sign. JB, Mason & McNair are both still good. They are just in a different system. Like I said in the other post, You throw the deep ball a lot more than we do. Tenn, led by McNair when they had Mason threw the deep ball a lot more. Billick became Mr. Conservative upon his arrival in Baltimore. We had a sub par WR core, as much as I hated to see him go, Dilfer was just a game manager. Billick learned the hard way that you can't have a West Coast offense with the offense we had in 99-2000. I think our WR core is much improved. Your offense can put up points quick and because you throw the deep ball so much your WR's stats are off the chain. I'm honestly not sold on TJ. TJ is a good #2, but I question that if you didn't have Chad would TJ be able to hold down #1 WR? I honestly believe it's the systems, I think if you had our WR's and vice versa our WR's would shine weekly in your offensive scheme, and your WRs would suffer in ours.

Oh I still think McNair and Mason are good, I just dont think they are what they were in Ten. If they are capeable of the deep ball I would think Billick would want to add that to the arsenal so as at the very least to keep teams honest.

TJ may be the 2nd best #2 in the game after Wayne. As a #1, he would remind me of Ward, tough fights for every yard but not a top 5 WR. Name me a better #3 than Henry.

I won't say better, but I think our old guy Stokley is as good as Henry. It may be a little homerism on my part but I like the kid Bryant Johnson from Arizona (from Baltimore) doesn't get the time he should, but he's behind Boldin & Fitzgerald. Not saying he's better, but they don't have the pass 1st offense that you run. Denny Green is Mr. Conservative too. As a whole I think Indy, Cincy, St. Louis, Dallas, and Arizona are the only teams who have a WR core that may be tougher than ours. I just might put the kid Kevin Curtis from St.Lou in that 3rd WR debate as well.

[quote name='DaChis212' post='396968' date='Nov 30 2006, 01:36 PM']I won't say better, but I think our old guy Stokley is as good as Henry. It may be a little homerism on my part but I like the kid Bryant Johnson from Arizona (from Baltimore) doesn't get the time he should, but he's behind Boldin & Fitzgerald. Not saying he's better, but they don't have the pass 1st offense that you run. Denny Green is Mr. Conservative too. As a whole I think Indy, Cincy, St. Louis, Dallas, and Arizona are the only teams who have a WR core that may be tougher than ours. I just might put the kid Kevin Curtis from St.Lou in that 3rd WR debate as well.[/quote]

Bryant Johnson is decent, but he was their #1 pick wasnt he? Henry is our 3rd rounder. But I still think he has better stats. Green ran a 3 wide out in Min just like he does in Az. He just doesnt have a line to protect Linart and get James the yards. When they address that their O will be potent.

I would actually put your WR core on parr with the steelers, maybee slightly behing. A good not great #1, a up and comming #2 and their #3 is a bit better (Nate Washington). Your QB is better than toothlessberger however.

[quote name='DaChis212' post='396968' date='Nov 30 2006, 01:36 PM']I won't say better, but I think our old guy Stokley is as good as Henry. It may be a little homerism on my part but I like the kid Bryant Johnson from Arizona (from Baltimore) doesn't get the time he should, but he's behind Boldin & Fitzgerald. Not saying he's better, but they don't have the pass 1st offense that you run. Denny Green is Mr. Conservative too.[/quote]

Arizona doesn't have a pass first offense? :lol: They had the most pass-happy offense in the league last year, even more so than the Eagles. This year they are 7th in pass attempts per game so it's down a bit but not much. By comparison you guys are 16th in pass attempts per game, and we are actually 17th.

Bryant Johnson has a few more receiving yards than Henry but he has played in more games, also he has started several games because Larry Fitzgerald was out. I think Henry is clearly the better player.

Kevin Curtis of STL is a very talented #3 WR but he probably doesn't get as much playing time as he should be getting.

Brandon Stokley has been injured most of this year and has not done anything.

Right now I think Henry's the best #3 in the league.

Also I give your receiving corps an edge over pissburgh's. Ward > Mason (though it's close). Clayton >>> Holmes (way more reliable, doesn't drop passes and fuck up routes like Holmes has done all year). Also Heap > Miller. With Clayton and Demetrius Williams you guys have some promise for the future too.

[quote name='RAVENS FAN 101' post='397072' date='Nov 30 2006, 03:25 PM']I like the Ravens to win this game because the weather tonight is not favoring your pass offense.[/quote]

Carson has said the wind much more than the rain effects his game. 10-15 mph. We shall see. Do not forget though that we do have a 1400 yard running back.

You are absolutely right. Stokley has missed most of the year, Curtis nor Bryant have turned it up to that "all eyes on me," level yet, even though Fitzgerald got hurt and he had his time to shine. Yes, this year I will say Henry is the best #3. JB I don't think Nate Washington should've even come into this conversation. Cedric Wilson and Holmes would've been better. I think our WR corps is way better than shitsburgh's. Ward is the truth, that is the only plus I will give them over our WRs.

TCO Arizona had a pass happy offense, I think they signed Edge to get away from the pass happy offense. It's a difference in running a pass heavy offense because it's effective and that's your gameplan, as opposed to running one because you're behind all the time. Leinart just started a little before the Bears game. I think they will be a force to be wreckoned with should they get o-line help.

Nati the young man was a 4th round pick, he goes by the name of Demetrius Williams. I don't have enough to base an argument on, but I wouldn't give up Williams for Henry.

JB I would love for tonights game to come down to us dealing with your 1400 yd rusher.

[quote name='Hooky' post='396709' date='Nov 30 2006, 08:46 AM']What receivers? If the Bengals decided to Kimo Heap or actually cover him, the Ravens become one dimensional.[/quote]
Yes, because Clayton hasn't played well this season at all. He's awful and has no chance against O'Neal or James. :rolleyes:

Clayton's a good receiver. He's played his way into this offense, and he has a big impact in the offense. We do have a good - if not great - receiving core. Heap is the best receiving tight end in the NFL, IMO. Mason has good experience and is still an effective receiver. Demetrius Williams is gonna become a great receiver. He might have been our biggest steal we had in the fantastic draft we had this season. He's gonna become one of the best in the NFL. He's a huge big play threat. He's fast and he's got pretty good height. I don't think Mason is as good as Johnson, and, at this point, I don't think Demetrius is even close to what Henry is (although, at some point in his career, he will). I do, however, think Clayton is just as good as Houshmandzadeh, and he doesn't have as big of a mouth.

[quote name='Purple Predator' post='397309' date='Nov 30 2006, 07:17 PM']Yes, because Clayton hasn't played well this season at all. He's awful and has no chance against O'Neal or James. :rolleyes:

Clayton's a good receiver. He's played his way into this offense, and he has a big impact in the offense. We do have a good - if not great - receiving core. Heap is the best receiving tight end in the NFL, IMO. Mason has good experience and is still an effective receiver. Demetrius Williams is gonna become a great receiver. He might have been our biggest steal we had in the fantastic draft we had this season. He's gonna become one of the best in the NFL. He's a huge big play threat. He's fast and he's got pretty good height. I don't think Mason is as good as Johnson, and, at this point, I don't think Demetrius is even close to what Henry is (although, at some point in his career, he will). I do, however, think Clayton is just as good as Houshmandzadeh, and he doesn't have as big of a mouth.[/quote]
I defy your assertion about Houshmanzadeh versus Clayton. Clayton doesn't have TJ's hard-nosed, tough-assed YAC attitude and never will.
You want to talk about a guy that has earned his way onto an NFL roster?
Look no further than TJ Houshmanzadeh, an afterthought 7th round pick that spent his first few seasons either hurt or ineffective (or both).
Now, he's a legitimate tough-assed possesion receiver that often makes plays that possession receivers aren't supposed to make.
Yeah, he woofs a lot, but he backs his shit up. Wasn't Clayton a 1st rounder?

At receiver, I would take a guy who can make a move then go the distance over a guy that can get just a few extra yards. I juking receiver can get a few extra yards, too, but they can be much more dangerous than that in the open field.

Why does where he was drafted matter? It doesn't make him a better player if he was taken later. Clayton is often the fastest guy on the field. He has quickness along with that.

[quote name='Purple Predator' post='397331' date='Nov 30 2006, 07:45 PM']At receiver, I would take a guy who can make a move then go the distance over a guy that can get just a few extra yards. I juking receiver can get a few extra yards, too, but they can be much more dangerous than that in the open field.

Why does where he was drafted matter? It doesn't make him a better player if he was taken later. Clayton is often the fastest guy on the field. He has quickness along with that.[/quote]
But toughness over the middle is a tangible WR trait that is measurable, and TJ has it, and Clayton doesn't.
And since when does draft position NOT matter? Aren't there certain expectations that are attached to a first rounder that aren't present with a seventh-rounder?
The fact that we're arguing the merits of what should be the Ravens #1 WR as a first round pick versus the Bengals #2 WR as a seventh round pick speaks volumes.
OK, I give up...they both play in the NFL, so therefore they are both good...but one is better.... ;)

[quote name='Purple Predator' post='397309' date='Nov 30 2006, 07:17 PM']Yes, because Clayton hasn't played well this season at all. He's awful and has no chance against O'Neal or James. :rolleyes:

Clayton's a good receiver. He's played his way into this offense, and he has a big impact in the offense. We do have a good - if not great - receiving core. Heap is the best receiving tight end in the NFL, IMO. Mason has good experience and is still an effective receiver. Demetrius Williams is gonna become a great receiver. He might have been our biggest steal we had in the fantastic draft we had this season. He's gonna become one of the best in the NFL. He's a huge big play threat. He's fast and he's got pretty good height. I don't think Mason is as good as Johnson, and, at this point, I don't think Demetrius is even close to what Henry is (although, at some point in his career, he will). I do, however, think Clayton is just as good as Houshmandzadeh, and he doesn't have as big of a mouth.[/quote]

Hey, rolly eyes. If Clayton's so good, why didn't he play last night? Or maybe he did and no one noticed.

Archived