Indy Game

Guest Bengals1181

Guest Bengals1181
So what should we do running wise? Indy can't stop the run to save their life. They've given up 365 yards and counting.

I look for Rudi and Watson to have big days.

I'd also love to see Reggie McNeal lined up as a RB for a few plays. Not only would it confuse the D, but his speed would be comparable to the damage Maurice Jones Drew inflicted today on that D.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='404580' date='Dec 10 2006, 04:04 PM']So what should we do running wise? Indy can't stop the run to save their life. They've given up 365 yards and counting.
I look for Rudi and Watson to have big days.
I'd also love to see Reggie McNeal lined up as a RB for a few plays. Not only would it confuse the D, but his speed would be comparable to the damage Maurice Jones Drew inflicted today on that D.[/quote]

44 - 17 = spanked!

Run, and run, and run some more against them!

Guest oldschooler
Jones-Drew 15 carries for 166 yards 2 TD`s.
Taylor 9 carries for 133 yards and 1 TD.
Pearman 7 carries for 71 yards and 1 TD.
Garrard 4 carries for 4 yards.
Wimbush 1 carry for 3 yards.

That`s 38 carries for 377 yards and 4 TD`s the Jags running game had !
They averaged almost 10 yards per carry !!!!!

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='oldschooler' post='404590' date='Dec 10 2006, 04:13 PM']Jones-Drew 15 carries for 166 yards 2 TD`s.
Taylor 9 carries for 133 yards and 1 TD.
Pearman 7 carries for 71 yards and 1 TD.
Garrard 4 carries for 4 yards.
Wimbush 1 carry for 3 yards.

That`s 38 carries for 377 yards and 4 TD`s the Jags running game had !
They averaged almost 10 yards per carry !!!!![/quote]

exactly! not only do we have a chance to have a good rushing attack next week, I think you'll see a healthy dose of play action as well. Jacksonville did all of this with a weak passing game.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='404591' date='Dec 10 2006, 04:14 PM']You just know Rudi is licking his chops ready to beat up on them.[/quote]

Even though the Raiders don't defend the run all that well, I have a feeling that we were "working out the kinks" in the running game this week, so that everything is good to go next week.

Guest Master Shake
[quote name='sexybengal' post='404617' date='Dec 10 2006, 05:37 PM']i think rudi will have over 200 yards in this game[/quote]

If we don't fall behind early, I think Rudi's got a decent shot to challenge Jamal Lewis' record.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='404580' date='Dec 10 2006, 04:04 PM']I'd also love to see Reggie McNeal lined up as a RB for a few plays. Not only would it confuse the D, but his speed would be comparable to the damage Maurice Jones Drew inflicted today on that D.[/quote]
:blink: McNeal? He wasnt good enough to get on the field BEFORE he had that arrest in houston, why would he get PT now? That wouldnt work either. Id actually be pretty suprised if McNeal ever takes the field for us again. Hes really not good enough to be getting in trouble off the field. If you are a good player the team can look the other way, but when you are clinging to a roster spot the team is less forgiving, like with Askew.

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='404628' date='Dec 10 2006, 05:50 PM']:blink: McNeal? He wasnt good enough to get on the field BEFORE he had that arrest in houston, why would he get PT now? That wouldnt work either. Id actually be pretty suprised if McNeal ever takes the field for us again. Hes really not good enough to be getting in trouble off the field. If you are a good player the team can look the other way, but when you are clinging to a roster spot the team is less forgiving, like with Askew.[/quote]

Well, he got in today with some mop up work at the end of the game. Nothing came his way but he was active and did get a few snaps.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='404615' date='Dec 10 2006, 05:29 PM']McNeal isn't going to be put in the backfield as an RB... stop with the crazy talk.[/quote]

its not that crazy.

Guest Bengals1181

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='404628' date='Dec 10 2006, 05:50 PM']:blink: McNeal? He wasnt good enough to get on the field BEFORE he had that arrest in houston, why would he get PT now? That wouldnt work either. Id actually be pretty suprised if McNeal ever takes the field for us again. Hes really not good enough to be getting in trouble off the field. If you are a good player the team can look the other way, but when you are clinging to a roster spot the team is less forgiving, like with Askew.[/quote]

yep, that's why he played TODAY. Einstein. :onoudidnt:

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='404683' date='Dec 10 2006, 07:57 PM']its not that crazy.[/quote]

No, it's not.

He came come out of the backfield as a runner, a reciever, and they could even direct snap it too him and let him pass it out of the backfield, though, I don't know what they'd have Carson doing to distract the defense, because it'd have to be a zone coverage they were working against.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='404729' date='Dec 10 2006, 09:22 PM']I wish we still had Perry, he would of had a huge game.[/quote]
I think that Perry was a wasted pick now. He simply cannot stay healthy, and at least Watson is durable, and can make some plays.

Guest BengalBacker
Sounds like the Colts' confidence is pretty shaken.

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2693379"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...&id=2693379[/url]

Archived