Colts Rush Defense Sucks

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='406205' date='Dec 12 2006, 09:04 PM']Well no shit douche![/quote]
Theres a phrase that goes something like there defense has open holes everywhere...its like swiss cheese.

Or somewhat of that stature.

It's going to be a great game...and fucking awesome being there!

[quote name='Naptown Bengal' post='407004' date='Dec 14 2006, 10:38 AM']GO BROWNS :whistle:[/quote]
:lmao: The last time they beat us at home was our re-building year....and they got in the playoffs that year. :o We all know that Clowns and the playoffs don't mix.

We're gonna kill them. I think we're gonna see something close to the Squealer game earlier this year. Therefore, I have two favorite teams besides the Ravens for a week: the Chiefs and Bengals. You guys topping the Colts is way more likely.

[quote name='Purple Predator' post='407256' date='Dec 14 2006, 04:58 PM']:lmao: The last time they beat us at home was our re-building year....and they got in the playoffs that year. :o We all know that Clowns and the playoffs don't mix.

We're gonna kill them. I think we're gonna see something close to the Squealer game earlier this year. Therefore, I have two favorite teams besides the Ravens for a week: the Chiefs and Bengals. You guys topping the Colts is way more likely.[/quote]

Unfortunately I don't see the Ravens losing 2 of their last 3 which would give them the division :thumbsdown: but I can always hope the Browns played like they did against KC and not how they played against the stealers last Thursday. I do think that game at PIT could be a loss for the Ravens so that leaves them having to slip up either against CLE or BUF at home which probably won't happen...

I don't think 1st round byes will help too much in the AFC this year because every team that will make the playoffs (assuming it's the 6 that would be in today) is very much capable of beating any of the other teams. SD is definitely the best right now, but they can be beaten. FUCK I'd love to get another shot at them, only a defensive implosion cost us a win against them 5 weeks ago.

I still think we get the 5th seed and play our first round game at New England. After we get revenge on them then it's off to Baltimore, then off to San Diego. I'm not saying it can't be done, but that's how I see a road to the Super Bowl going if we are fortunate enough to get there. It could be our little revenge tour ;)

[quote name='JC' post='407194' date='Dec 14 2006, 03:01 PM']Theres a phrase that goes something like there defense has open holes everywhere...its like swiss cheese.

Or somewhat of that stature.
It's going to be a great game...and fucking awesome being there![/quote]

As a rugby coach, we have a term for their style of tackling. We call them Matador tackles. Trying to tackle high with arms extended and committing as little of their body as possible. Getting close to the bull without making any real contact as they run by. It is of course, appropriate to shout Ole! when you see these occur.

[quote name='Naptown Bengal' post='407540' date='Dec 15 2006, 10:02 AM']Unfortunately I don't see the Ravens losing 2 of their last 3 which would give them the division :thumbsdown: but I can always hope the Browns played like they did against KC and not how they played against the stealers last Thursday. I do think that game at PIT could be a loss for the Ravens so that leaves them having to slip up either against CLE or BUF at home which probably won't happen...

I don't think 1st round byes will help too much in the AFC this year because every team that will make the playoffs (assuming it's the 6 that would be in today) is very much capable of beating any of the other teams. SD is definitely the best right now, but they can be beaten. FUCK I'd love to get another shot at them, only a defensive implosion cost us a win against them 5 weeks ago.

I still think we get the 5th seed and play our first round game at New England. After we get revenge on them then it's off to Baltimore, then off to San Diego. I'm not saying it can't be done, but that's how I see a road to the Super Bowl going if we are fortunate enough to get there. It could be our little revenge tour ;)[/quote]

Good post, I think after we beat up on the Colts this week Bmore will get the #2 seed, but if they do lose to Pitt in Pitt, then it goes to the tie breaker and I could care less about either team so I dont really care to look up who holds that tiebreaker.

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='Purple Predator' post='407256' date='Dec 14 2006, 04:58 PM']:lmao: [b]The last time they beat us at home was our re-building year....and they got in the playoffs that year.[/b][/quote]

Nah. They beat us in '03 to ruin our playoff chances <_<

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='407702' date='Dec 15 2006, 04:02 PM']Nah. They beat us in '03 to ruin our playoff chances <_<[/quote]
I remember that game...I actually wanted you guys to win that game so we had to win ourselves at home against the stealers to get in the playoffs. That was the most exciting meaningless game I've ever been to that game was -- the Sunday night Steeler game.

If the Bengals set the tone early with a nice 7-9 minute drive with a lot of runs, they'll win that game. If the Colts come out and score right away on a pass, I see the game turning into a shootout. Although I think you guys can stay in those kinds of game even with the Colts, chances are better if the pace is slowed down. I think that can happen, so I'm going with the Bengals (and so is everyone else, it seems. Everyone has JUST realized the Colts can't make a deep playoff run. I've been saying that ever since the season started. It wasn't gonna happen last year and it won't happen this year.)

[quote name='Purple Predator' post='407883' date='Dec 15 2006, 11:11 PM']I remember that game...I actually wanted you guys to win that game so we had to win ourselves at home against the stealers to get in the playoffs. That was the most exciting meaningless game I've ever been to that game was -- the Sunday night Steeler game.

If the Bengals set the tone early with a nice 7-9 minute drive with a lot of runs, they'll win that game. If the Colts come out and score right away on a pass, I see the game turning into a shootout. Although I think you guys can stay in those kinds of game even with the Colts, chances are better if the pace is slowed down. I think that can happen, so I'm going with the Bengals (and so is everyone else, it seems. Everyone has JUST realized the Colts can't make a deep playoff run. I've been saying that ever since the season started. It wasn't gonna happen last year and it won't happen this year.)[/quote]

Its going to depend on what Indy does to stop the run.

Last year Edgrin (sp?) James was running and running and everyone was asking where was their passing offence, come to the Colts/Bengals game and Payton goes off on us (more specificly Dallas Clark did). Why? Because our running D was horrible and we stacked the box to prevent James from running on us. If they stack the box to stop Rudi (and are successfull in that) we will pass on them, and it [i]may[/i] get into a shootout. Even if it does I still like our chances, as they are missing Dallas Clark and Brandon Stokely. Running a cover 2 against them with the missing pieces they have should be the way to go. As both of their WR threats would have double coverage.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='407885' date='Dec 15 2006, 11:24 PM']Its going to depend on what Indy does to stop the run.

Last year Edgrin (sp?) James was running and running and everyone was asking where was their passing offence, come to the Colts/Bengals game and Payton goes off on us (more specificly Dallas Clark did). Why? Because our running D was horrible and we stacked the box to prevent James from running on us. If they stack the box to stop Rudi (and are successfull in that) we will pass on them, and it [i]may[/i] get into a shootout. Even if it does I still like our chances, as they are missing Dallas Clark and Brandon Stokely. Running a cover 2 against them with the missing pieces they have should be the way to go. As both of their WR threats would have double coverage.[/quote]
We will have to blitz the hell out of Manning...sitting back and playing that worthless zone and letting him pick his spot won't cut it. It is time to unleash hell...
[img]http://www.ejumpcut.org/archive/jc45.2002/tudor/GladiatorImages/asgeneral.ms.jpg[/img]

[quote name='The_Joker' post='407892' date='Dec 15 2006, 11:39 PM']We will have to blitz the hell out of Manning...sitting back and playing that worthless zone and letting him pick his spot won't cut it. It is time to unleash hell...
[img]http://www.ejumpcut.org/archive/jc45.2002/tudor/GladiatorImages/asgeneral.ms.jpg[/img][/quote]

You can still blitz in a cover 2, you just do it from the linebacker position.

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='410672' date='Dec 19 2006, 01:31 AM']looked more like a slice of american cheese :([/quote]

More like a block of Velveeta ... -_-

Archived