BigBen is a Lazy Bitch

Ben

BIG BEN NEEDS TO BUCKLE DOWN

Regardless of who the head coach of the stealers will be in 2007 (and we don't think it will be anyone named Cowher or Grimm or Whisenhunt . . . or Joey Joe-Joe Junior Shabadoo), the guy leading the way starting next season needs to get quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to take his job more seriously.

Industry sources tell us that Roethlisberger's motto is "last in, first out" -- a reference to his substandard work ethic. He has developed a reputation for not working with his receivers, and for not studying film.

There's no room for complacency in the NFL, and we've got a feeling that other players in pissburgh are guilty of cutting corners in the season after the long-coveted One for the Thumb. If the next coach can get Roethlisberger to bust his ass, it will go a long way to getting others in the building to do the same.

[quote name='Purple Predator' post='417474' date='Dec 29 2006, 04:19 PM']He's got such a great team around him he doesn't even need to study film. :crazy:

What a worthless piece of horse shit. I'm glad they lost Randle El. He was their trick play threat. Now that that's gone, they're predictable and Big Ben is worthless. :thumbsup:[/quote]

Well I dont know that he's worthless

someone has to hand off the ball.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='417479' date='Dec 29 2006, 04:23 PM']Well I dont know that he's worthless
someone has to hand off the ball.[/quote]
jamie come on man, watch any of the three playoff games before the super bowl last year (i'll admit he was bad in the super bowl). He was awesome during that stretch, didn't make any mistakes and made big throws. Yeah i know the defense was also good, running game was good... but ben was also a big part of those wins.
Im not gonna make excuses for the man, was too inconsistent this year, but i believe dude's the real deal, gonna be a good quarterback for us.

[quote name='frankie martin' post='417668' date='Dec 30 2006, 03:01 AM']jamie come on man, watch any of the three playoff games before the super bowl last year (i'll admit he was bad in the super bowl). He was awesome during that stretch, didn't make any mistakes and made big throws. Yeah i know the defense was also good, running game was good... but ben was also a big part of those wins.
Im not gonna make excuses for the man, was too inconsistent this year, but i believe dude's the real deal, gonna be a good quarterback for us.[/quote]

what if next year he has another year like this! or even worse! would you still want him to be your QB?

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='frankie martin' post='417668' date='Dec 30 2006, 03:01 AM']jamie come on man, watch any of the three playoff games before the super bowl last year (i'll admit he was bad in the super bowl). He was awesome during that stretch, didn't make any mistakes and made big throws. Yeah i know the defense was also good, running game was good... but ben was also a big part of those wins.
Im not gonna make excuses for the man, was too inconsistent this year, but i believe dude's the real deal, gonna be a good quarterback for us.[/quote]

I think he's probably a little above average. In the past, that's all you needed from your QB. Hard to say about your future. Your present certainly isn't anything to brag about.

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='417669' date='Dec 30 2006, 03:04 AM']what if next year he has another year like this! or even worse! would you still want him to be your QB?[/quote]
i guess what im sayin is i dont think he'll have a bad year like this next year. I think he is going to be a good quarterback for years to come, never the best, but a good qb. I think this season was more an aberration than anything. Time will tell

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='417675' date='Dec 30 2006, 03:12 AM']I think he's probably a little above average. In the past, that's all you needed from your QB. Hard to say about your future. Your present certainly isn't anything to brag about.[/quote]
in my opinion next season will tell a lot about ben, in how he bounces back from this season. do i think he'll ever be an elite qb (ie. manning, brady, mcnabb, palmer)?? probably not, but who knows, im not sayin he wont be. He is and will be a good quarterback for us for many years though, i think along the lines of like a delhomme or hasselbeck. The thing is, he's not as good as some stealers fans say he is, and he definately isnt as bad as a lot of people on this forum say he is (which is understandable, seeing as this is a rival message board..)

:lol:

I love messing with you guys.

He's Jake Delholme. Above average, but if what is reported is true, then he will never be much better than that as watching film is huge for a QB. (Hell for all the players)

All Im saying is that I can admit our D isnt great (now some of that I have to put on missing Pollack and Thurman, as I believe they would have been huge for us this year) but when are you guys going to give up on comparing Ben to Carson and admit he isnt in Carson's league?

Personally I think he was an average to sub average part of a team that had a very good running game and a very good defense. When Bettis was pulling out every third and short and your defense was forcing the other team to go three and out and generating good field position for your offense it made the QB look a hell of a lot better than he actually is. That was the case for Ben. When those parts of the team were not as great this season, he looked like crap.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='417814' date='Dec 30 2006, 01:23 PM']:lol:

I love messing with you guys.

He's Jake Delholme. Above average, but if what is reported is true, then he will never be much better than that as watching film is huge for a QB. (Hell for all the players)
All Im saying is that I can admit our D isnt great (now some of that I have to put on missing Pollack and Thurman, as I believe they would have been huge for us this year) but when are you guys going to give up on comparing Ben to Carson and admit he isnt in Carson's league?[/quote]
I would like to see a link to that article... would like to see who wrote it. Anyways i for one don't think that ben is as good as palmer. i wouldn't go as far to say he isn't in the same [b]league[/b] as palmer... a tier below palmer
top tier quarterbacks = brady,manning,palmer,mcnabb
second tier = hasselbeck, delhomme, big ben, etc

Now, going by this year, i wouldn't put ben in that grouping, but the disagreement here is i believe that he just had an off year. Next year ben will be better

[quote name='frankie martin' post='417859' date='Dec 30 2006, 03:17 PM']I would like to see a link to that article... would like to see who wrote it. Anyways i for one don't think that ben is as good as palmer. i wouldn't go as far to say he isn't in the same [b]league[/b] as palmer... a tier below palmer
top tier quarterbacks = brady,manning,palmer,mcnabb
second tier = hasselbeck, delhomme, big ben, etc

Now, going by this year, i wouldn't put ben in that grouping, but the disagreement here is i believe that he just had an off year. Next year ben will be better[/quote]

Well see.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='417840' date='Dec 30 2006, 02:22 PM']Personally I think he was an average to sub average part of a team that had a very good running game and a very good defense. When fat fuck bettis was pulling out every third and short and your defense was forcing the other team to go three and out and generating good field position for your offense it made the QB look a hell of a lot better than he actually is. That was the case for Ben. When those parts of the team were not as great this season, he looked like crap.[/quote]
Look, i'm not denying that we had a helluva O-line, good running game, and good D last year... by no means was it all big ben, but i'll say it again, without ben's play in the playoffs we don't get to the super bowl. I guess we'll agree to disagree here. There is no quarterback that carries the whole offense on his shoulders, maybe manning, but even he has a good o-line. Carson is a helluva qb but are you telling me your O-line and rudi don't do shit for your offense??
I could make a lot of excuses for this year, but the bottom line is ben just didnt have it together this year, didnt play very well. We'll see what he does this sunday, hopefully can finish out the year strong and carry it into next season. Your D made him look bad last game, should be interesting

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='frankie martin' post='417859' date='Dec 30 2006, 03:17 PM']I would like to see a link to that article... would like to see who wrote it.[/quote]

It's from PFT

[url="http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm"]http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm[/url]

[quote name='frankie martin' post='417865' date='Dec 30 2006, 03:29 PM']Look, i'm not denying that we had a helluva O-line, good running game, and good D last year... by no means was it all big ben, but i'll say it again, without ben's play in the playoffs we don't get to the super bowl. I guess we'll agree to disagree here. There is no quarterback that carries the whole offense on his shoulders, maybe manning, but even he has a good o-line. Carson is a helluva qb but are you telling me your O-line and rudi don't do shit for your offense??
I could make a lot of excuses for this year, but the bottom line is ben just didnt have it together this year, didnt play very well. We'll see what he does this sunday, hopefully can finish out the year strong and carry it into next season. Your D made him look bad last game, should be interesting[/quote]

Of course Rudi and our O line help, which is why you saw some of the struggles we had this year on O when we were playing 3 backups (but even then they did get it together, as it seems we have better depth on the oline than at linebacker, or maybe a better position coach for the position). But what were saying is that Palmer is the most important piece, without him we are not a playoff caliber team.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='417899' date='Dec 30 2006, 06:21 PM']Of course Rudi and our O line help, which is why you saw some of the struggles we had this year on O when we were playing 3 backups (but even then they did get it together, as it seems we have better depth on the oline than at linebacker, or maybe a better position coach for the position). But what were saying is that Palmer is the most important piece, without him we are not a playoff caliber team.[/quote]
I'll agree with you there. Palmer is the most important player on your team. Was impressed with your o-line, played pretty decent down the stretch with those injuries. I'm hopin the stealers draft o-line 1st round this year, we need it. They certainly didn't help ben out this year

[quote name='frankie martin' post='418016' date='Dec 31 2006, 12:23 AM']I'll agree with you there. Palmer is the most important player on your team. Was impressed with your o-line, played pretty decent down the stretch with those injuries. I'm hopin the stealers draft o-line 1st round this year, we need it. They certainly didn't help ben out this year[/quote]
Yeah, Jesus. I thought your O-line was good. They didn't get too much help from Ben, either, though. He needs to be able to read the blitz. The pick-up from your backs definitely didn't help.

[quote name='Purple Predator' post='418021' date='Dec 31 2006, 12:39 AM']Yeah, Jesus. I thought your O-line was good. They didn't get too much help from Ben, either, though. He needs to be able to read the blitz. The pick-up from your backs definitely didn't help.[/quote]
Dude, this same exact line was great last year. I don't know what happened to them this year, it's hard to say. But I don't give a damn who the quarterback is, you gotta have time to throw the ball, you saw what you guys did to our o-line, it was atrocious. It will be addressed in offseason

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Agent Orange

[quote name='Purple Predator' post='417474' date='Dec 29 2006, 04:19 PM']I'm glad they lost Randle El. He was their trick play threat. Now that that's gone, they're predictable and Big Ben is worthless. :thumbsup:[/quote]
Yeah, they're so predictable that in both games, even the first one that we won(stole), they outplayed us and parker ran all over us :rolleyes:

Archived