I'm the new chic on the block!!

sheriv

[quote name='sneaky' post='421076' date='Jan 2 2007, 06:12 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Mmmm.....caramel......yummy.... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/38.gif[/img] [/b][/color][/quote]

Never been called caramel before!!!!! Me & the BEOTCH want to see pictures of you!!!!!

WE WANT PICS, WE WANT PICS!!!!!! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img]

[quote name='sheriv' post='421498' date='Jan 3 2007, 09:57 AM']Never been called caramel before!!!!! Me & the BEOTCH want to see pictures of you!!!!!
WE WANT PICS, WE WANT PICS!!!!!! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img][/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Sorry, none availiable at this time.[/b][/color] :(

[color="#FF0000"][b]But I'll be posting pics when I go to Vegas in March !!!!!! :headbang:

[/b][/color]

[quote name='sneaky' post='421518' date='Jan 3 2007, 10:48 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Sorry, none availiable at this time.[/b][/color] :(
[color="#FF0000"][b]But I'll be posting pics when I go to Vegas in March !!!!!! :headbang:

[/b][/color][/quote]

Dammit!!!!! :D

[quote name='sheriv' post='421520' date='Jan 3 2007, 10:49 AM']Dammit!!!!! :D[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Not one to brag, but the ladies say, I kinda look like this .......

[img]http://a1259.g.akamai.net/f/1259/5586/1d/images.art.com/images/-/Scooby-Doo-Photograph-C10036867.jpeg[/img]

but sexier.

[/color]

:ninja: [/b]

[quote name='sheriv' post='421498' date='Jan 3 2007, 08:57 AM']Never been called caramel before!!!!! Me & the BEOTCH want to see pictures of you!!!!!
WE WANT PICS, WE WANT PICS!!!!!! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img][/quote]

Here's me. [img]http://www.doctorsecrets.com/amazing-medical-facts/elephant-man/elephant-man-picture.jpg[/img]

I've been told I have a GREAT personality.

[quote name='sneaky' post='421527' date='Jan 3 2007, 04:01 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Not one to brag, but the ladies say, I kinda look like this .......
[img]http://a1259.g.akamai.net/f/1259/5586/1d/images.art.com/images/-/Scooby-Doo-Photograph-C10036867.jpeg[/img]
but sexier.
[/color]
:ninja: [/b][/quote]

we aren't waiting till Vegas sneaky, pony up puss.............!!!

revolution9....that is some tasteless but funny ass shit!!!! :lol:

[quote name='sneaky' post='421527' date='Jan 3 2007, 11:01 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Not one to brag, but the ladies say, I kinda look like this .......
but sexier.
[/color]

The ladies have good taste!!!! :lmao:

[quote name='Revolution #9' post='421531' date='Jan 3 2007, 11:12 AM']Here's me. [img]http://www.doctorsecrets.com/amazing-medical-facts/elephant-man/elephant-man-picture.jpg[/img]

I've been told I have a GREAT personality.[/quote]

Personality is also VERY important!!!! Hey, I have actually read 3 of the books on your list already!!!

[quote name='Revolution #9' post='421684' date='Jan 3 2007, 04:17 PM']Cool, which ones? What did you think?[/quote]

1984, War & peace I can't remember the other one. I read the list earlier. I loved both of those (it's been a long time). Sometimes I read so much I forget what I have read! Those 2 are pretty intense & aren't typical of my choices lately. I have been reading some biograpies recently. I read Romanowski's book about 6 months ago (from the Bronco's) It kinda sucks though cause you don't always feel the same about a person afterwards! I don't have as much time as I used to. Seems that i have passes the habit on to my 8 year old son too!

What are you reading now?

[quote name='ONYX' post='421527' date='Jan 3 2007, 11:01 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Not one to brag, but the ladies say, I kinda look like this .......
but sexier.
[/color]

Yeah and this is me.

[img]http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0182/shag1.jpg[/img]

Hey onyx, does that make BAB scrappy doo? :lol:

[quote name='sheriv' post='421689' date='Jan 3 2007, 03:22 PM']1984, War & peace I can't remember the other one. I read the list earlier. I loved both of those (it's been a long time). Sometimes I read so much I forget what I have read! Those 2 are pretty intense & aren't typical of my choices lately. I have been reading some biograpies recently. I read Romanowski's book about 6 months ago (from the Bronco's) It kinda sucks though cause you don't always feel the same about a person afterwards! I don't have as much time as I used to. Seems that i have passes the habit on to my 8 year old son too!

What are you reading now?[/quote]

Yeah, 1984 is one of those "required reading" books. I really enjoyed it, although I'm probably one of the few who thinks Big Brother was cool. I've always rooted for the world-conquering villains. War and Peace too was especially fascinating for me, as I'm a big fan of history, especially the Napoleonic Era (I also really like the Roman Empire, and WWII). Pierre was so wacky. The only real complaint I had about it was the lame essay at the end. I believe that Tolstoy wrote the novel to disseminate his proto-Marxist philosophy contained in the essay. The problem is, his novel proves the exact opposite, that it is individuals who shape the world.

If you like War and Peace, the First Circle is a good one to pick up (if you haven't read it already). It's also Russian, epic in scope, and profound in its themes. It's about 3 days or so in the lives of GULAG prisoners during Stalin's reign of terror.

I'm also big into biographies, as I consider myself an historian in the old school (the Great Individual model, as opposed to the Socio-Cultural model that predominates in academia these days). I'm reading Hank Aaron's autobiography right now--just started and he seems really deep. Basically states that he hopes his life means something more than hitting a lot of home runs--that he could use his fame to shape society. He wonders if his life is as meaningful as, say, a teacher. A very driven man who seems to believe in a providential view of history.

I also just purchased the bios of Julius Caesar and Augustus Caesar. Augustus is my hero out of time and I look forward to the bio. Amazingly there aren't a lot of great bios of Octavian out there, inconceivable when one considers the shadow he casts over world history. Although I think that Rome show on HBO will help to earn him new admirers from across the vast expanse of time.

Oh, I'm also reading Sir Walter Scott's Ivanhoe now (I try to read a fiction and non-fiction at the same time--so many books out there and so little time. Now that reminds me of that Twilight Zone).

Guest WhoDeyForever
[quote name='sheriv' post='421497' date='Jan 3 2007, 09:56 AM']Hey! Do you mean the pictures don't work for you personally, or you really can't see them?

Go Buckeyes!!!!![/quote]

I can't see them at all.

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='421783' date='Jan 3 2007, 07:51 PM']daaaaamn, this new chick gets more posts than saddam husseins thread :blink:[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Women will always get more attention than politics..........

it's the power of the "PUNANEE". Never underestimate it, my friend[/b][/color]

[quote name='Revolution #9' post='421702' date='Jan 3 2007, 04:54 PM']Yeah, 1984 is one of those "required reading" books. I really enjoyed it, although I'm probably one of the few who thinks Big Brother was cool. I've always rooted for the world-conquering villains. War and Peace too was especially fascinating for me, as I'm a big fan of history, especially the Napoleonic Era (I also really like the Roman Empire, and WWII). Pierre was so wacky. The only real complaint I had about it was the lame essay at the end. I believe that Tolstoy wrote the novel to disseminate his proto-Marxist philosophy contained in the essay. The problem is, his novel proves the exact opposite, that it is individuals who shape the world.

If you like War and Peace, the First Circle is a good one to pick up (if you haven't read it already). It's also Russian, epic in scope, and profound in its themes. It's about 3 days or so in the lives of GULAG prisoners during Stalin's reign of terror.

I'm also big into biographies, as I consider myself an historian in the old school (the Great Individual model, as opposed to the Socio-Cultural model that predominates in academia these days). I'm reading Hank Aaron's autobiography right now--just started and he seems really deep. Basically states that he hopes his life means something more than hitting a lot of home runs--that he could use his fame to shape society. He wonders if his life is as meaningful as, say, a teacher. A very driven man who seems to believe in a providential view of history.

I also just purchased the bios of Julius Caesar and Augustus Caesar. Augustus is my hero out of time and I look forward to the bio. Amazingly there aren't a lot of great bios of Octavian out there, inconceivable when one considers the shadow he casts over world history. Although I think that Rome show on HBO will help to earn him new admirers from across the vast expanse of time.

Oh, I'm also reading Sir Walter Scott's Ivanhoe now (I try to read a fiction and non-fiction at the same time--so many books out there and so little time. Now that reminds me of that Twilight Zone).[/quote]
As "Required Reading" in this country, you forgot to mention "Brave New World", goshdarnit!
:contract: :contract:

[quote name='Bunghole' post='421863' date='Jan 3 2007, 09:36 PM']As "Required Reading" in this country, you forgot to mention "Brave New World", goshdarnit!
:contract: :contract:[/quote]

I liked it, except for the final sentence. I thought that was dumb. Still, how could you not like the Epsilon Minus Semi-Morons.

Another great dystopia is [i]We[/i] by Yevgeny Zamyatin.

Add [i]Darkness at Noon[/i] by Arthur Koestler.

[quote name='sheriv' post='420706' date='Jan 2 2007, 10:58 AM']Hi! I'll send pics of me, but I would like to see some pics of you!!!! These are with a crappy computer camera, but they will have to do!!! By the way, nice to meet you![attachment=149:attachment] [attachment=150:attachment]
Never done this, let me know if it doesn't work!!!![/quote]

All I see are red X's.

Oh, and welcome aboard!

[quote name='Bunghole' post='421863' date='Jan 3 2007, 10:36 PM']As "Required Reading" in this country, you forgot to mention "Brave New World", goshdarnit!
:contract: :contract:[/quote]

I would have to agree, but please don't use such harsh language!!!!!! I have virgin ears! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//angel.gif[/img]

[quote name='Revolution #9' post='421702' date='Jan 3 2007, 04:54 PM']Yeah, 1984 is one of those "required reading" books. I really enjoyed it, although I'm probably one of the few who thinks Big Brother was cool. I've always rooted for the world-conquering villains. War and Peace too was especially fascinating for me, as I'm a big fan of history, especially the Napoleonic Era (I also really like the Roman Empire, and WWII). Pierre was so wacky. The only real complaint I had about it was the lame essay at the end. I believe that Tolstoy wrote the novel to disseminate his proto-Marxist philosophy contained in the essay. The problem is, his novel proves the exact opposite, that it is individuals who shape the world.

Oh, I'm also reading Sir Walter Scott's Ivanhoe now (I try to read a fiction and non-fiction at the same time--so many books out there and so little time. Now that reminds me of that Twilight Zone).[/quote]

WOW! How old are you? You sound very intelligent! I'm not sure I can keep up my end of the conversation! ;)

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='421773' date='Jan 3 2007, 07:20 PM']I can't see them at all.[/quote]

Let me know where to post them, or I'll ask the Beotch!!!!! What do you think the score will be Monday night????

Archived