Big Props to ......

I hate to say it but I'm ready to start looking at the offseason, Free agency, draft and hopeful returns of Thurman and maybe Pollack.

Even if we did win today, did anyone think we were going to do something with how shitty this season has been? We have played average all year and it shows with the 8-8 record.

Guest Samurai J
The offensive problems are not as bad as the defensive problems.

The 34 D talk this offseason is going to get a lot of chatter and at this point, even I'm starting to come around to the idea.

The Defensive Scheme is what needs changed, and if that mean the DC needs to be changed as well, then to bad Chuck.

[quote name='JungleCat' post='419398' date='Dec 31 2006, 11:23 PM']I hate to say it but I'm ready to start looking at the offseason[/quote]

Well we're done, so might as well.

[quote]Even if we did win today, did anyone think we were going to do something with how shitty this season has been? We have played average all year and it shows with the 8-8 record.[/quote]

Absolutely. Although the 9ers are leading. :huh:

Guest ravonaf

[quote name='VonBlade' post='419406' date='Dec 31 2006, 06:28 PM']Well we're done, so might as well.
Absolutely. Although the 9ers are leading. :huh:[/quote]

Does Denver have anything to play for? Aren't they In no matter what?

Guest ravonaf

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='419424' date='Dec 31 2006, 06:44 PM']KC can still get in if they lose, if I am not mistaken.[/quote]

Yup. I just checked. Denver looses and the Chiefs get in. Damn..3 weeks ago everyone thought they were completely out and we were a lock. What the fuck happened. :(

Guest Coy Bacon
The offense didn't do shit throughout most of the game and put all kinds of pressure on the defense. The defense got turnovers and made stops and the offense went three and out. The defense held the stealers to under 20 points in regulation and kept the Bengals in the game for the last minute heroics. Carson looked like shit most of the day, and the coaches never got the line to give him a whole lot of time or cut out the stupid-assed penalties. Carson barely started doing extra things to avoid the rush like Rothlisberger does routinely - putting a shit load of pressure on a defense. Rothlisberger was zipping balls in to receivers where they wouldn't get their heads knocked off, unlike Carson. And suddenly it's reasonable that Carson and the offense get all the props and the defense gets excoriated?!! No wonder Cincinnati produces mediocre fucked up teams all the time - everybody in town seems to have their head up their ass.

[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='419528' date='Dec 31 2006, 08:20 PM']The offense didn't do shit throughout most of the game and put all kinds of pressure on the defense. The defense got turnovers and made stops and the offense went three and out. The defense held the stealers to under 20 points in regulation and kept the Bengals in the game for the last minute heroics. Carson looked like shit most of the day, and the coaches never got the line to give him a whole lot of time or cut out the stupid-assed penalties. Carson barely started doing extra things to avoid the rush like Rothlisberger does routinely - putting a shit load of pressure on a defense. Rothlisberger was zipping balls in to receivers where they wouldn't get their heads knocked off, unlike Carson. And suddenly it's reasonable that Carson and the offense get all the props and the defense gets excoriated?!! No wonder Cincinnati produces mediocre fucked up teams all the time - everybody in town seems to have their head up their ass.[/quote]
Stop making excuses for the D. It was goddam awful today in such a big game. Granted the offense wasn't brilliant, but from what I could see the offense bore the brunt of all the pressure knowing that the D couldn't stop jack shit! And atleast the offense showed some goddam character in the 4th quarter when it mattered most.

Guest Samurai J
[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='419528' date='Dec 31 2006, 08:20 PM']The offense didn't do shit throughout most of the game and put all kinds of pressure on the defense. The defense got turnovers and made stops and the offense went three and out. The defense held the stealers to under 20 points in regulation and kept the Bengals in the game for the last minute heroics. Carson looked like shit most of the day, and the coaches never got the line to give him a whole lot of time or cut out the stupid-assed penalties. Carson barely started doing extra things to avoid the rush like Rothlisberger does routinely - putting a shit load of pressure on a defense. Rothlisberger was zipping balls in to receivers where they wouldn't get their heads knocked off, unlike Carson. And suddenly it's reasonable that Carson and the offense get all the props and the defense gets excoriated?!! No wonder Cincinnati produces mediocre fucked up teams all the time - everybody in town seems to have their head up their ass.[/quote]

I don't think that any reasonable fan will blame one side or the other. The whole team, coaches and players all had a hand in this season and the way it turned out.

Palmer was a turnover machine at times and the D cracked when it was most important. Offense could not execute at the proper times and the D was spineless when they needed a backbone the most.

Guest Coy Bacon
[quote name='Samurai J' post='419547' date='Dec 31 2006, 08:28 PM']I don't think that any reasonable fan will blame one side or the other. The whole team, coaches and players all had a hand in this season and the way it turned out.

Palmer was a turnover machine at times and the D cracked when it was most important. Offense could not execute at the proper times and the D was spineless when they needed a backbone the most.[/quote]

Fair enough.

Guest Bengals1181

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='419587' date='Dec 31 2006, 08:47 PM']Ohio State could have beaten us today. <_<[/quote]

as an ohio state fan, you're nuts. I'll excuse this one to a probably case of alcohol. As has been stated many a time throughout the ages, no college team would ever beat a pro team.

Guest Samurai J
[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='419573' date='Dec 31 2006, 08:41 PM']Fair enough.[/quote]

I just don't think you can look at one area and say that there is where the problem lies. Yeah Palmer had problems that cost us, but so did everyone else. Palmer fumbling in Indy, Dexter just completely WHIFFING on a sure fire looking saftey on Roeth. Yes, even horrible coaching blunders like changing the starting Oline for the beginning of the Tampa game, just a DUMB, DUMB ASS move.

I don't want to be one of these "the world is ending" fans who just goes ape shit about everything. There are logical and reasonable reasons why this team fucked up. Some of the shit I've seen around here since the loss is just stupid...Do we draft another RB, we need a high round CB, lets kill Shayne. Those are not the solutions nor are they even close to what this team needs to do to get it right. Absolutely stupid shit from a bunch of bandwagoners who'll be gone when the offseason is in full swing.

I'll be here waving my "Its the Dline and DScheme" flag all offseason, whether anyone wants to join me, agree with me, disagree with me, whatever. I'm hard headed and stubborn and I'll live or die here at Go-Bengals preaching my message. I'll more than likely die cause no one wants to listen to reason, they just want to go nuts about the team and then ga-ga over overrated draft prospects instead of guys who actually fit Cincy's system and likings.

The good news is that Cincy does not suck and is not a team filled with guys who have no talent. The only team that hurt Cincy this year was Cincy and no one else. Thats the good thing about right now, all the flaws and errors and problems were self inflicted, no team beat the Bengals this season when they lost, the Benagls beat themselves when they lost.

Hopefully I don't need to diagram each loss and where Cincy fucked up, hopefully you all can think about the Tampa game, the Denver game, the Pitt game, the SD game.

I will say this, the biggest and most evident problem from 2006:

FOCUS, or a lack there of.

Guest Bengals1181

[quote name='Samurai J' post='419813' date='Jan 1 2007, 06:48 AM']I just don't think you can look at one area and say that there is where the problem lies. Yeah Palmer had problems that cost us, but so did everyone else. Palmer fumbling in Indy, Dexter just completely WHIFFING on a sure fire looking saftey on Roeth. Yes, even horrible coaching blunders like changing the starting Oline for the beginning of the Tampa game, just a DUMB, DUMB ASS move.

I don't want to be one of these "the world is ending" fans who just goes ape shit about everything. There are logical and reasonable reasons why this team fucked up. Some of the shit I've seen around here since the loss is just stupid...Do we draft another RB, we need a high round CB, lets kill Shayne. Those are not the solutions nor are they even close to what this team needs to do to get it right. Absolutely stupid shit from a bunch of bandwagoners who'll be gone when the offseason is in full swing.

I'll be here waving my "Its the Dline and DScheme" flag all offseason, whether anyone wants to join me, agree with me, disagree with me, whatever. I'm hard headed and stubborn and I'll live or die here at Go-Bengals preaching my message. I'll more than likely die cause no one wants to listen to reason, they just want to go nuts about the team and then ga-ga over overrated draft prospects instead of guys who actually fit Cincy's system and likings.

The good news is that Cincy does not suck and is not a team filled with guys who have no talent. The only team that hurt Cincy this year was Cincy and no one else. Thats the good thing about right now, all the flaws and errors and problems were self inflicted, no team beat the Bengals this season when they lost, the Benagls beat themselves when they lost.

Hopefully I don't need to diagram each loss and where Cincy fucked up, hopefully you all can think about the Tampa game, the Denver game, the Pitt game, the SD game.

I will say this, the biggest and most evident problem from 2006:

FOCUS, or a lack there of.[/quote]

There's the TWM we know and love (err hate)! Nice of you to finally come out of your shell. :)

Archived