COULD MORA REPLACE BRESNAHAN ???

Guest ONYX

Guest mongoloido
I want a Defensive Coordinator with a set of big, brass balls, and the ability to force his defense to grow them too. We have talent on the defense. We also have a soft coordinator, and a defense molded in his image.

I want a lean, mean defense, full of guys looking to attack.

[quote name='mongoloido' post='420509' date='Jan 2 2007, 05:15 AM']I want a Defensive Coordinator with a set of big, brass balls, and the ability to force his defense to grow them too. We have talent on the defense. We also have a soft coordinator, and a defense molded in his image.

I want a lean, mean defense, full of guys looking to attack.[/quote]
not to hate on Bres (is ther any other DC in the league who could win with this crew? with the injuries, suspensions, (excuses), etc) but there is not one word that you wrote that I do not agree with. these boys are always playing on their heels instead of dictating the play, and it is getting old...

Guest Samurai J
If Marivin's theory of "injuries have no effect on a team" is what he really believes and it's really about execution, then Bres needs to go and so do a few other guys.

Didn't Marvin fire Fraizer after a year with a lot of injuries?

But what about the LBs? Why do they suck? Why are they always out of position? Why do they constantly overpursue? Why can't they fill the right gaps...

Ricky Hunely, step on up, a few question for you sir.

Guest schotzee
[quote name='mongoloido' post='420509' date='Jan 2 2007, 12:15 AM']I want a Defensive Coordinator with a set of big, brass balls, and the ability to force his defense to grow them too. We have talent on the defense. We also have a soft coordinator, and a defense molded in his image.

I want a lean, mean defense, full of guys looking to attack.[/quote]

I agree.People are always using excuses ,saying lack of talent or whatever,but there are coaches that can actually make players better than what they were just born with.We need a coordinator like that.

Guest schotzee

[quote name='sneaky' post='420408' date='Jan 1 2007, 10:24 PM']If Marvin fires Bresnahan (hopefully), Jim Mora Jr. whom today was fired by the Falcons, would
be a huge upgrade as defensive coordinator.
:headbang:[/quote]

My DC wish list in order

1)Bo Pelini (LSU) Born and raised not far from Cincy
2)Rob Ryan (Raiders)
3)Rex Ryan (Ravens)
4)Jim Mora Jr.(Falcons)
5)Ron Rivera (Bears)

1,2,and 4 are probably the only semi realistic.

[quote name='schotzee' post='420581' date='Jan 2 2007, 06:49 AM']My DC wish list in order

1)Bo Pelini (LSU) Born and raised not far from Cincy
2)Rob Ryan (Raiders)
3)Rex Ryan (Ravens)
4)Jim Mora Jr.(Falcons)
5)Ron Rivera (Bears)

1,2,and 4 are probably the only semi realistic.[/quote]

I don't see them taking a college coach without giving him a position coach position first (recall that before he was DC, Breshnahan was a "special assistant" on the defense was Frazier was DC - and this, after he had already been an assistant and a DC elsewhere).

And Rivera wants a HC job - I doubt he'd take another DC position. With the way the Bears' D has played the last few years, the fact that he's interviewed for HC jobs in the recent past, and the fact that he's relatively young and a minority candidate all are in his favor. Rob Ryan "may" be interested, but I think Al Davis and co. would put the stop on that one, unless Shell and the entire staff is canned (since he wouldn't be moving over for a promotion). The defense is the only thing the Raiders can hang their hat on at this point... and Rex is the DC for a 13-3 team... why would he leave that?

Guest schotzee

[quote name='texbengal' post='420593' date='Jan 2 2007, 08:31 AM'][b]I don't see them taking a college coach without giving him a position coach position first [/b] (recall that before he was DC, Breshnahan was a "special assistant" on the defense was Frazier was DC - and this, after he had already been an assistant and a DC elsewhere).

And Rivera wants a HC job - I doubt he'd take another DC position. With the way the Bears' D has played the last few years, the fact that he's interviewed for HC jobs in the recent past, and the fact that he's relatively young and a minority candidate all are in his favor. Rob Ryan "may" be interested, but I think Al Davis and co. would put the stop on that one, unless Shell and the entire staff is canned (since he wouldn't be moving over for a promotion). The defense is the only thing the Raiders can hang their hat on at this point... [b]and Rex is the DC for a 13-3 team... why would he leave that?[/b][/quote]

Pelini is a DC. albeit at the college level and I don't think Rex would leave,just wishful thinking on my part.That's why I said 1,2 and 4 most semi realistic ;) .

[url="http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=28715&SPID=2164&DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=175222&Q_SEASON=2006"]http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?...p;Q_SEASON=2006[/url]

Guest Samurai J
I don't care who it is, or what they do, but someone NEEDS to lose their job. Watch, they'll probably fire Kevin Coyle, the one guy who probably deserves it the least.

I don't want to go all offseason without any changes, that would mean that Cincy is content with what they have and they don't want to improve. There are obvious problems and if Cincy dosen't make an effort to upgrade somewhere, I'm not going to have high hopes for 07.

And Hobson can throw all the sugar he wants on Bres, but the fact remains he's extremely passive and that his D this year had absolutely no spine when it really could have used one. Good thing for Geoff things like that don't show up on the stat sheets either.

He can make a great argument all he wants with stats and points and blah blah balh. But the Collapse in SD, and 2 games back to back with 99 yard drives given up at the worst possible time....(he got LUCKY as FUCK with Parker fumbling..)

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='420597' date='Jan 2 2007, 08:41 AM']Why grab Mora when he'll be around maybe a year before someone offers him a head coaching gig? No thanks on that one.[/quote]

I don't know that Mora will be that high on people's lists in a year or two for a HC job. He hasn't really shown much as a HC, and I think his loyalty would come into question.

With that said, I don't even think Mora would be a good choice as a DC here.

[quote name='schotzee' post='420595' date='Jan 2 2007, 07:37 AM']Pelini is a DC. albeit at the college level and I don't think Rex would leave,just wishful thinking on my part.That's why I said 1,2 and 4 most semi realistic ;) .

[url="http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=28715&SPID=2164&DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=175222&Q_SEASON=2006"]http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?...p;Q_SEASON=2006[/url][/quote]

I know he's the DC at LSU - I mean position coach at the NFL level under ML - sorry, should have clarified. I just don't know if ML would be willing to take on a DC who hasn't coached under him, or whom he hasn't coached with, or who's got a strong NFL pedigree as a DC.

One other guy who ML tried to get when he first came here (other than Emmitt Thomas) was Donnie Henderson, who is the DC in Detroit under Rod Marinelli presently. I like Jim Bates a lot - he's a fiery guy, and has had success as a DC in the past. I don't think he's working full-time as a coach anywhere right now, since he parted ways with GB last off-season. Or Dom Capers, who ML likes and respects, both personally and professionally.

Guest schotzee
[quote name='Jeb' post='420608' date='Jan 2 2007, 09:10 AM']All I know is Chuck [b]already has one foot out the door [/b] so this conversation is timely and relevant.[/quote]

What makes you say that?

[quote name='schotzee' post='420610' date='Jan 2 2007, 09:11 AM']What makes you say that?[/quote]

He's got his resume out for an HC job. He's been written up as a short list candidate. What else do you need to know but that he is actively seeking a HC job.

Guest schotzee
[quote name='Jeb' post='420615' date='Jan 2 2007, 09:18 AM']He's got his resume out for an HC job. He's been written up as a short list candidate. What else do you need to know but that he is actively seeking a HC job.[/quote]

I was hoping it to be more than just voluntary.

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='Jeb' post='420615' date='Jan 2 2007, 09:18 AM']He's got his resume out for an HC job. He's been written up as a short list candidate. What else do you need to know but that he is actively seeking a HC job.[/quote]

Could you imagine a team actually interviewing him for a HC job? Perhaps on the college level, but the pros are way out of his league.:)

[quote name='mongoloido' post='420627' date='Jan 2 2007, 09:28 AM']Could you imagine a team actually interviewing him for a HC job? Perhaps on the college level, but the pros are way out of his league.:)[/quote]

Oh, I've been saying that ever since last year's article came out. He isn't HC material. He's not ready yet. He's got a honey right here in bed and look how he's running around screwing the pooch!

If he's worth anything he's got to prove it here and now. He may never get a better shot than this to prove his worth and pad the resume.

[quote name='schotzee' post='420622' date='Jan 2 2007, 09:25 AM']I was hoping it to be more than just voluntary.[/quote]

I'm an "old guy." One of my jobs was as a published writer and reporter (non-sports related). Those coaching job articles have another purpose beyond the news aspect. It helps the writer get a source in the door of an organization by just giving a candidate the PR he needs to get his name out there. Its tough even in the business world to network without ticking off management. This is a roundabout way to accomplish it. You end up owing the writer and are more than happy to pay them back when the time comes as an "un-named source".

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='420415' date='Jan 1 2007, 10:33 PM']Bresnahan is by far the worst. If Marvin were to fire him it could be soon or maybe a few more weeks. I just want him out of here.
Also, why not try and get Rob Ryan from the Raiders? I think he would be better for us.[/quote]

Lets see ---------- Chuck B was Dcord when the Raiders went to the AFC Championship game and the SB. Ryan has won half a dozen games or so in the last 4 years ------NICE!!!!

Marvins job is on the line as with ALL NFL coaches. Produce or be fired. Marvin is one of the best DC this game has ever seen. He knows if the problems are Bres or if it in personnel. If he fires Bres you will know it was Bres, if he does not, you will know it was personnel. Marvin has already fired one DC and will fire another if necessary.

Archived