Ray Lewis not invited to Superbowl Party Again

Guest BlackJesus

Guest BlackJesus
[u]Ray Lewis Not Invited To Neighbor's Super Bowl Party - Again[/u]

Ray Lewis was not invited to his neighbor's Super Bowl party again this year, it was reported today. Joe Connell, Lewis's next-door neighbor in the Baltimore suburb of Owings Mills, has left the Baltimore Raven off of his invitee list each year since the linebacker was involved in a brutal double murder outside of a 2000 Super Bowl party in Atlanta.

"I just don't think it's a good idea to have him there," said Connell. "He's got a little bit of a poor track record when it comes to Super Bowl parties, you know? I mean no disrespect, but I very much value the safety of my guests."

Even though he is not a Baltimore Ravens fan, Connell said he was overjoyed when Lewis and the Ravens made the Super Bowl in 2001, meaning he didn't have to deal with the awkwardness of not extending Lewis an invitation to his annual party. "If I had my druthers, they would make the Super Bowl every year. I'd prefer to avoid the whole invitation ordeal and not have that guy on my bad side."

Lewis said he realized he had not been invited again when he learned that other neighbors had received invitations from Connell more than a week ago.

"I think it's kind of rude that I'm never invited," said Lewis. "I mean, I plea-bargained out of that whole thing. I turned on my friends and got set free, so cut me a break already. What are the chances that someone would go and get themselves killed again at another Super Bowl party I'm at? Probably not all that good, as long as no one would piss me off."

Archived