Come On People!!!

~mroby30~

I'm more excited about this year than any year since 2000. The "ifs" aren't quite as big as they've been the last few seasons.

The offense is solid and has a chance to be very good. Casey, Kearns, Dunn, Griffey, Pena, Randa, Aurilia, Freel, Jimenez...there are a few base hits in there.

The pitching staff is vastly improved. They've gone from horrible to adequate in one off-season. The bullpen looks to be a strength this seasson instead of the glaring weakness it was last year. The rotation has improved but they still need one of the young guys to really step up; Clausen, Harang, Hudson, Hancock...someone.

If they can stay healthy (the biggest IF of all), and if the rotation can keep guys off base and the ball in the yard, and if everyone puts up the offensive numbers they are capable of, we might just see some meaningful ball come September.

if the pitching staff stays healthy and we stray away from the dumb errors, then we could be looking at a playoff run

we have the offense and im no longer worried about injuries, i just wish we would have gotten boone back at third, our offense is definitely capable, hopefully we can also cutback on the strikeouts

im going to try to go to opening day, anyone else?

I went to opening day last season, and ended up paying $60 a piece for $5 seats on ebay, lol, it was alot of fun though, but this year ill probably just watch it on tv, and save up for the bengals vs. colts monday night game ;) lol. I am very excited about this season though, im sure ill be down to a game within the first week of the season.

[quote name='Ben' date='Feb 2 2005, 04:43 PM']I'll believe it when i see it.  The Reds have broken my heart too many times.
[right][post="42253"][/post][/right][/quote]

I hear ya, Ben but wtf...I've been a Reds and Bengals fan my whole life and get my heart broken nearly every year but I always come back for more. I'm not smart enough to know any better. :P

April 4 will be my 16th straight Opening Day. I absolutely would not miss it for the world. :D

Guest 34inXXIII
I love the Reds and baseball will always be my number one sport, but it's tough to get too excited for the MLB season for one major reason:

The financial structure of MLB virtually precludes the small-market Reds from making a sincere playoff run, while every team in the NFL can have a legitimate shot at putting together a championship run within just a few years.

It's fun to see the Reds get hot and stay in contention for as long as they can, but now they are little more than a distraction from the dog days of the Bengals' offseason, especially since Marvin has become head coach.

Sadly, even at 2-14, I knew the Bengals had the better chance of the two to turn things around and have a shot at winning their league's championship. Thankfully, Mike Brown has apparently started to realize that too.

Guest 34inXXIII
That's true. I live in Twins territory, so I've seen some small market success in this area. Of course, alot of things have to fall into place for it to happen (especially with pitching) and it sure helps to play in a poor division, not exactly a priviledge the Reds gave had for quite some time.

Yeah, no kidding, i think the nl central was the best division in baseball before the sosa trade, but i think it might be the AL east now, its about a toss up, not that sosa is that great, but his offense made the cubs alot better, they won't have any now, after losing him and alou both.

[quote]lol, i root for the yankees as my playoff team since the reds are never in it, but during the regular season i really couldn't care less about them, the only reason i root for them in the post-season is because i hate boston so bad.[/quote]

So in other words you are a Yankee fan for life? I can respect that :D

Guest mongoloido
Not much of a baseball fan. Dunno why, just never caught the bug. I go to a couple Reds games a year when friends have tickets, but that's more to hang out and drink beer than anything else. Hope they do well though. Maybe one of these years I'll find the interest.

Archived