OFFICIAL UK BASKETBALL THREAD!!!!!!!

Bunghole

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' timestamp='1302965306' post='984018']
Knight's a good player, but not great IMO, definitely not the #1 player from that class with hindsight.

I'd be surprised if he and T Jones came back though, how's that gonna work out with all the PT Cal promises freshmen? :lol:
[/quote]

LOL, Cal isn't tubby. UK will be screwed if Knight and Jones come back!!!!!!!!!

I think it will work out just fine.

[url="http://twitter.com/KySportsRadio"][b][color="#0a0501"]KySportsRadio[/color][/b][/url] [url=""] [/url] Terrence Jones, Brandon Knight and Deandre Liggins have all declared for the NBA Draft
[url="http://twitter.com/KySportsRadio/status/60710270871416833"]1 minute ago[/url] via web Retweeted by [url="http://twitter.com/FSOhioZJackson"][color="#0a0501"]FSOhioZJackson[/color][/url]

Wow. Can't wait till college instills a 2 and done rule. I'd like to see a either go to NBA straight from high school or two years. I know the NBA probably wouldn't do it..but it would weed out the players who just don't really give a damn about their college team.

Not saying these guys are..by all reports Brandon Knight is a great guy and Liggins is a junior and it's a pretty shallow draft and he should get a guaranteed first round contract out of it.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1303309845' post='984779']
[url="http://twitter.com/KySportsRadio"][b][color="#0a0501"]KySportsRadio[/color][/b][/url] [url=""] [/url] Terrence Jones, Brandon Knight and Deandre Liggins have all declared for the NBA Draft
[url="http://twitter.com/KySportsRadio/status/60710270871416833"]1 minute ago[/url] via web Retweeted by [url="http://twitter.com/FSOhioZJackson"][color="#0a0501"]FSOhioZJackson[/color][/url]
[/quote]
Good thing is none of them hired an agent so they can still back out. I would expect at least one of them will be back.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1303326187' post='984862']
Good thing is none of them hired an agent so they can still back out. I would expect at least one of them will be back.
[/quote]
I don't know. B.Knight is a for-sure lotto pick. Probably top 10. Terrence Jones is likely a lotto pick in the weak draft and DeAndre reportedly has some financial obligations and he likely won't have a stock much higher, with Gilchrist coming in and next year's draft being insanely deep. I would assume all three will be gone, which is a shame, because that team would have been loaded.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1303329597' post='984874']
I don't know. B.Knight is a for-sure lotto pick. Probably top 10. Terrence Jones is likely a lotto pick in the weak draft and DeAndre reportedly has some financial obligations and he likely won't have a stock much higher, with Gilchrist coming in and next year's draft being insanely deep. I would assume all three will be gone, which is a shame, because that team would have been loaded.
[/quote]
I am not so sure Jones will be a lotto pick. He is undersized to play the 4 spot and he does not shot well enough to play the 3. I really think he needs to come back and work on his shooting. If he is a lotto pick it will be based on athletic ability. I think Knight is gone for sure but I would be shocked if either Jones or Liggins does not come back.

Jones will be a lotto pick. Young, filled with potential, and can be a wing/forward combo. If Liggins comes back, he is going to lose a pretty penny. 2nd round picks aren't guaranteed contracts and that's where he will go next year if he comes back and has to be a 5th scoring option. His stock now is as high as it gets. I think he is the least likely to come back due to that fact. Knight and Jones can improve their stock, Liggins is on the outside looking in.

Edit: I just heard Chad Ford call Liggins an undrafted prospect. Maybe he will come back. I thought he played well when I watched him.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1303349705' post='984954']
Jones will be a lotto pick. Young, filled with potential, and can be a wing/forward combo. If Liggins comes back, he is going to lose a pretty penny. 2nd round picks aren't guaranteed contracts and that's where he will go next year if he comes back and has to be a 5th scoring option. His stock now is as high as it gets. I think he is the least likely to come back due to that fact. Knight and Jones can improve their stock, Liggins is on the outside looking in.

Edit: I just heard Chad Ford call Liggins an undrafted prospect. Maybe he will come back. I thought he played well when I watched him.
[/quote]
Liggins needs to come back. Almost every draft site has him going undrafted. If he comes back, he could end up being one of UK best players next year. He is already a shut down defender and if he really works on his offense in the offseason, he will be hard to keep off the court. He has shown at times he has all the tools he just needs to put it together.

• 3 weeks later...
WOW. Foot-in-mouth.

Thought he was a goner for sure. Probably going to lose a lot of money, but it's great for college basketball. They need more kids who want to be a collegiate athlete in college basketball. Wonder how this will effect Gilchrist though. Unless they plan on playing him at the 4 with Davis at the 5.

Going to be a very, very, very, good UK team.

Scratch that. He was a 4 last year.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Glad we are back on top. Doesn't mean a lot right now.......just bragging rights and water cooler material. I think the biggest concern right now is point guard play. They seem uncomfortable in half court sets. They also try to turn the intensity on and off which is a sign of a young team. Once Teague settles in and they learn to play with each other they will be something to deal with. If you're gonna get 'em....better get 'em now.

Looks like their three point shooting is going to be their achilles heel this year. I'm not sure how they have been this year so far, but only shooting 20% thus far. Sticking with a very, very, good Carolina team whom is shooting 70%+ from 3.

This team, is really good. Going to need to find a guy whom can drain some 3's consistently. I know Lamb can, but it seems like the offense runs through T.Jones and Anthony Davis (Whom should be starting on a NBA team right meow. He's unreal.)

First of all....how important is free throw shooting. Second, I know I'm not very smart and Cal has forgotten more about basketball than I will ever know........you are up 2 and have 2 fouls to give. You let them bring it the length of the court with little to no pressure and beat you at the buzzer with a 3. IU 73 UK 72. If you press (or at least put on some token pressure) couldn't you let a couple seconds run off then foul? Then repeat that and you are down to 2 or 3 seconds at the most and they still have to come 3/4 court.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm. I guess thats why he's making millions and I'm sitting here on a message board.

[quote name='Bengal Cat' timestamp='1323568718' post='1072870']
First of all....how important is free throw shooting. Second, I know I'm not very smart and Cal has forgotten more about basketball than I will ever know........you are up 2 and have 2 fouls to give. You let them bring it the length of the court with little to no pressure and beat you at the buzzer with a 3. IU 73 UK 72. If you press (or at least put on some token pressure) couldn't you let a couple seconds run off then foul? Then repeat that and you are down to 2 or 3 seconds at the most and they still have to come 3/4 court.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm. I guess thats why he's making millions and I'm sitting here on a message board.
[/quote]
He wanted them to foul, they just did not. One of the IU players said in the post game that Teague was trying to foul him.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1323569298' post='1072871']
He wanted them to foul, they just did not. One of the IU players said in the post game that Teague was trying to foul him.
[/quote]

I heard that as well. But BDB........Why no pressure? Couldn't they make them eat up some seconds in the back court with a little pressure? Not dogging Cal as I said....he has forgotten more than I know. I'm just questioning the decision not to put any pressure on them. Might have been easier to get a foul called too.

Also....where was T.Jones tonight?