OFFICIAL UK BASKETBALL THREAD!!!!!!!

Bunghole

Today it boils down to one thing.....they just didn't make shots. If there is such thing as a "good loss" then today might have been it. Maybe now they understand they can't just show up and win. Two weeks from now, who's going to give a rats ass who won the SEC Tourney anyway?

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1331575410' post='1104531']Vandy will love that SEC Tourney win for another 50 years.[/quote]

I'd like UK to play them again in the tournament. We need to exact revenge on UCONN for last year too. And hooking up and beating Duke would be sweet as well. UK didn't get an easy draw beyond the first round (I hope we play the Hilltoppers).

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1331597950' post='1104671']

I'd like UK to play them again in the tournament. We need to exact revenge on UCONN for last year too. And hooking up and beating Duke would be sweet as well. UK didn't get an easy draw beyond the first round (I hope we play the Hilltoppers).
[/quote]

I call it "the UK Revenge Tour." Got a chance to nail UCONN, Indiana and Duke.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1332612308' post='1111572']
UK is looking like a juggernaut right now. They better not overlook Baylor though. Lots of depth and talent on that team.
[/quote]
Agreed. I've been watching them this whole tourney. They're talented. Athletic as hell, also

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1332633834' post='1111710']
Over the years there has been some frustrating UK losses in the elite 8. Easily this is the round that causes the most nerves.

That WVU clunker is still fresh in my mind.
[/quote]

Yep and the overtime heartbreaker to Michigan St in '05. I guess we will see how good Cal is at getting his team to keep their focus with Looserville waiting in the wings in New Orleans. Baylor is a very capable team.

Kentucky versus Louisville is so incredibly awesome for the state of Kentucky. Its going to be like the Hatfields and McCoys all over again, splitting families asunder, ripping apart the moral fabric of the state....fucking sweet!

You're going down, red team and your dago wop coach!

:lol:

UK's going to be a tough out, but of the four, if there is one that can do it, I think it is Louisville. UK plays like a seasoned team though. I have a very hard time seeing them lose to anyone.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1332725143' post='1112026']
Kentucky versus Louisville is so incredibly awesome for the state of Kentucky. Its going to be like the Hatfields and McCoys all over again, splitting families asunder, ripping apart the moral fabric of the state....fucking sweet!

You're going down, red team and your dago wop coach!

:lol:
[/quote]

Some of my friends are strong UofLOL fans and all I have been hearing since the brackets came out is how they wanted another shot at Kentucky. I was always told to be careful what you wish for.

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1332775442' post='1112180']
They're lying to you if they really say that. Nobody wants to play UK at this point. Not even the Cards
[/quote]

That's what I think as well. What they are saying and what they are thinking are 2 different things......lol.

On a different note.....Davis said he bumped knees with PJ3 when he got hurt. I have watched the replay several times and for the life of me can't see where his left knee comes in contact with anything. No big deal I guess. He did play after that and danced after the game. He even climbed the ladder to cut the net. I'm sure it's a non issue.

I think the UL fans that say it are the ones playing with house money. If you are truly wanting a National Championship then playing UK would naturally be your last option given the season they are having.

I really don't buy into the pressure that us supposedly on Cal. He's got an elite 8, two final fours and will have another recruiting class that will most likely get him in the mix again. It's Cal's the best opportunity to crush Pitino. I just don't see Rick recovering from a final 4 loss to UK and 4th straight loss to Cal and UK.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. I'm glad the match up is happening as this really the ultimate climax since Cal set foot in Lexington. There's so many story lines. Rick beating Cal's but with his 1996 UK team. Now Cal has a team that could rival that team. Then their history in C-USA.

I think this one is going to be close no matter what.

I think Pitino will play a lot of zone. I look for the zone to sag into the lane to try to stop penetration and not give up the lob. If UK can hit a decent % from outside and loosen up the zone, Louisville could be in for a long night. I don't see Louisville being able to play man to man for long stretches of time. Maybe when Kuric is out of the game. I look for a similar gameplan used against Mich. St. In that game they slowed the tempo and shaded Draymond Green. I don't know if that strategy will work in this one as UK has so many options and can play any style. IMO Louisvilles only chance is if UK is ice cold from outside or gets in early foul trouble. I don't see it happening.