OFFICIAL UK BASKETBALL THREAD!!!!!!!

Bunghole

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1333453609' post='1114903']

Incredible! You're an awesome human being and a Great American for taking the time out to congratulate us on winning the National Championship!
[/quote]

You're welcome. :on_the_quiet:

But yeah. That is a pretty cool pic BAB. Looks like you had great seats.
Is that Rihanna (red hair) right up in front of you to the left? lol

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1271379482' post='878138']
Hilarious. There is one school with more NCs than Kentucky and it isn't Duke. So I'm not sure were you are getting this assumption that Kentucky is just happy with E8s and S16s.

I like you posting in this thread, I can smell the fear. Cal and UK with 1 season have already got the rivals upset. Yeah so he took a program from NIT to E8 in one year and maybe it take season 3 to cut down the nets for No. 8. Like Duke wins NCs every year.

Sure Duke and UNC had no interest in Wall. That's kinda a nice a story to explain Kentucky swooping in and taking him from their own back yard.
[/quote]

Number 8 came in season 3. During times when UK and Cal are being accused of ruining college basketball, UK fans should never forget how the nation tried to first keep us happy with Tubby and then try to sell us that "one and done" can't work.

The Bottomline is on the day Cal signed with Kentucky it upped the bar for the rest of the blue blood b-ball programs that had gotten fat and happy with UK sitting on the sidelines for the big talent.

Elite 8, Final Four, National Champs......fucking sweet! Even more sweet it seems like the world tolds us it couldn't happen.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1333457010' post='1114913']

[/quote]

Thanks Old. By the way you better get ready because Ohio State Football with Urban Meyer is going to go on a run like Cal and Kentucky.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1333457010' post='1114913']

[/quote]
I was actually a little further up. Still great seats. Came down as it was winding down to where my parents were sitting. And no, not rihanna. Met some interesting people during the final four. Jay-Z. Got to meet the infamous World Wide Wes. Literally ran into Ndomukong Suh. Pretty fucking bombastic trip

Yeah, that was probably the best Kentucky team I've ever seen. I think they could beat the '96 squad probably 55% of the time. The 2009 squad is in there somewhere, but they never played as cohesively as this team.

Anthony Davis was fun to watch this year. So we MKG. Congrats to UK. You guys were the best team throughout the entire season. A young team that played great team defense, shot well from the stripe, and could hit a three when needed. The three things that a natty team needs Doron Lamb was clutch yesterday with those two bombs.

See ya in November!

[quote name='#22' timestamp='1333467196' post='1114969']
Yeah, that was probably the best Kentucky team I've ever seen. I think they could beat the '96 squad probably 55% of the time. The 2009 squad is in there somewhere, but they never played as cohesively as this team.
[/quote]

I think 96 would beat this current team 8 out of 10 times. More explosive, deeper, better shooters.

my sister ended up getting some great shots. including a couple pics of the man known as "worldwide wes" congratulating some of our players. lmao. kinda sketch, but....oh well. here's the pics

[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/25p0n7n.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i40.tinypic.com/33w4jk0.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/2jcynme.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/xg0dbm.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/11hqxb7.jpg[/img]

Not that I think it happens, but would you guys be more upset if Cal bolted for the NBA (Knicks) or happy for what he has done for UK in the short time he was there?

There's been some speculation, not that I think it has much legs.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1333557073' post='1115456']
Not that I think it happens, but would you guys be more upset if Cal bolted for the NBA (Knicks) or happy for what he has done for UK in the short time he was there?

[/quote]
I would only be upset if he left UK for another college job but he is not going any where. Every year there are rumors that he is going to the NBA. Other schools start these rumors to try to take recruits away from UK and it never works. Cal has the best job in college and when all is said done, he will be making more at UK then he would at most NBA jobs.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1333557742' post='1115460']
I would only be upset if he left UK for another college job but he is not going any where. Every year there are rumors that he is going to the NBA. Other schools start these rumors to try to take recruits away from UK and it never works. Cal has the best job in college and when all is said done, he will be making more at UK then he would at most NBA jobs.
[/quote]
Yeah. I don't see it happening and I would give it a 0% chance of him going to another college team. It doesn't get better than a blue blood school like UK. I do remember seeing him say that he wants to get back into the NBA though and he has done a good job getting his players there and will have a good chance of building a good all UK/Memphis team when he gets there.

As a Duke fan, I cannot wait until he bolts. He has a monopoly on the recruiting market right now and him winning one just strengthens that.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1333558015' post='1115466']
Yeah. I don't see it happening and I would give it a 0% chance of him going to another college team. It doesn't get better than a blue blood school like UK. I do remember seeing him say that he wants to get back into the NBA though and he has done a good job getting his players there and will have a good chance of building a good all UK/Memphis team when he gets there.

As a Duke fan, I cannot wait until he bolts. He has a monopoly on the recruiting market right now and him winning one just strengthens that.
[/quote]
I can see Cal going to the NBA but I dont think it will be for several more years. He already has a lock on the recruiting market like you said and once they are finished with everything at UK, he will be able to get any player he wants by just bringing them on campus. UK already has the best practices facilities in the country. Once the new Wildcat Lodge is finished, no team in the country will even come close to competing with a place for the players to stay. Also once Rupp is renovated, I am not sure they will be an arena any nicer. The blueprints for the new locker rooms are insane.

It is scary to think how good UK will be over the next 5 to 10 years if Cal sticks around.

[/quote]

Happy for Cal and UK for what he has done.

UK has had 5 coaches win national titles. The dedication from the school and fans will find a replacement.

[/quote]

The only NBA team I could see him leaving for in the near term is the Heat. He has a great relationship with Lebron, and if they don't win it all this year, that coach is going to be on the hot seat. My ideal scenario if Cal left would be for him to have a great recruiting class with Archie Goodwin, Alex Poythress, Willie Cauley, Shabazz Muhammad, Anthony Bennett, and Nerlens Noel (I know that is asking a lot), win it all next year, have the NBA make the change that requires players to be two years removed from high school before they enter the draft so all of those recruits have to stay another season, hire Shaka Smart to take over the program, and see Cal win it all with the Heat thus crushing all of his critics.

I think Poythrees is going to be a stud.

Sounds like Noel is 'Cuse bound and Bazz is UCLA bound. I know Cal can work magic and I'm not an insider, but everything on scout free boards say as much. That's not to take anything from the recruiting class, because it is still excellent.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1334192579' post='1117768']Noel headed to UK. Big pick up. Won't be a huge drop off from Davis.

UK now has the number one recuriting class.[/quote]

It isn't over yet, either. Rumor is UK is the favorite to land Alex Oriaki and the top power forward in this class in Anthony Bennett. Plus Cal is allegedly looking at some JUCO big man from out West.

[quote name='Egg Shen' timestamp='1334195349' post='1117777']
It isn't over yet, either. Rumor is UK is the favorite to land Alex Oriaki and the top power forward in this class in Anthony Bennett. Plus Cal is allegedly looking at some JUCO big man from out West.
[/quote]

Bennett was thought to be Floridas to lose for a while now, but looks like that tide could be turning. He's a PF but has a stroke from outside. Last I heard he was going to wait until late April or early May to make his decision. By that time everyone will know for sure who is leaving UK. Would be a great addition to this class.