OFFICIAL UK BASKETBALL THREAD!!!!!!!

Bunghole

[url="https://twitter.com/#!/NerlensNoel3"][b]Nerlens Noel[/b] [size=4]‏[/size] [color=#999999][size=3][s]@[/s][b]NerlensNoel3[/b][/size][/color][/url]

[size=4][url="https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23BBN"][s]#[/s][b]BBN[/b][/url] we needa get [url="https://twitter.com/#!/aoriakhi34"][s]@[/s][b]aoriakhi34[/b][/url] to join !! Show him love !![url="https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23WeAreUK"][s]#[/s][b]WeAreUK[/b][/url][/size]

I don't think Oriakhi is going to UK. He just crossed Duke off his list this past week cause Mason is coming back. Guy is going to go anywhere where he can showcase his not very good talents and play in the NCAA tourney.

I can see Bennet going to UK, but I think that's it to round it out. Jefferson is NCSU/Duke. Noel isn't nearly anywhere close to AD on the offensive side. I don't think UK is going to be able to replicate their success from last year. I'd be very interested to hear what happened with Noel. EVERYONE was saying he was G'Town bound an hour before his announcement. Bazz was supposedly a UCLA silent commit since last year due to Adidas, but supposedly K and Cal made very appealing plea's to him.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1334209679' post='1117820']
I don't think Oriakhi is going to UK. He just crossed Duke off his list this past week cause Mason is coming back. Guy is going to go anywhere where he can showcase his not very good talents and play in the NCAA tourney.

I can see Bennet going to UK, but I think that's it to round it out. Jefferson is NCSU/Duke. Noel isn't nearly anywhere close to AD on the offensive side. I don't think UK is going to be able to replicate their success from last year. I'd be very interested to hear what happened with Noel. EVERYONE was saying he was G'Town bound an hour before his announcement. Bazz was supposedly a UCLA silent commit since last year due to Adidas, but supposedly K and Cal made very appealing plea's to him.
[/quote]

Noel and Oriakhi are friends and have talked about playing together.

The big boost next year is going to be an upperclassman running Calipari's offense. It has been a true freshman running the show all three years Cal has been at Kentucky, but Harrow will already have a year of experience in college basketball from when he was at NC State, and a year practicing in this system at Kentucky before he even plays in a game for UK. I watched an open practice this year, and Harrow is the man. He is as fast as Teague and has a jump shot every bit as good as Brandon Knight's jump shot. People are going to be surprised by how good he is early in the season next year. Next year you are going to see some sets with Harrow, Goodwin, Wiltjer, and Poythress on the court at the same time, and all four have a deadly jump shot and can drain the three. It is going to be scary how versatile they will be offensively.

[quote name='Egg Shen' timestamp='1334211470' post='1117822']

Noel and Oriakhi are friends and have talked about playing together.

The big boost next year is going to be an upperclassman running Calipari's offense. It has been a true freshman running the show all three years Cal has been at Kentucky, but Harrow will already have a year of experience in college basketball from when he was at NC State, and a year practicing in this system at Kentucky before he even plays in a game for UK. I watched an open practice this year, and Harrow is the man. He is as fast as Teague and has a jump shot every bit as good as Brandon Knight's jump shot. People are going to be surprised by how good he is early in the season next year. Next year you are going to see some sets with Harrow, Goodwin, Wiltjer, and Poythress on the court at the same time, and all four have a deadly jump shot and can drain the three. It is going to be scary how versatile they will be offensively.
[/quote]
I'd be very surprised if he did. But in the end, Oriahki isn't really someone whom is a game changer anyways.

Regarding Harrow, I don't know how he is now, but he just really wasn't ready for ACC ball for a bad wolfpack team. I was surprised he transferred to UK.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1334246433' post='1117915']
I'd be very surprised if he did. But in the end, Oriahki isn't really someone whom is a game changer anyways.

Regarding Harrow, I don't know how he is now, but he just really wasn't ready for ACC ball for a bad wolfpack team. I was surprised he transferred to UK.
[/quote]

Looks like you were right about Oriahki. Starting to come out that he is picking Mizzou. I can't blame him there because I like Mizzou's coach and I am pretty sure I read that Alex has a childhood friend on the team.

[quote name='Egg Shen' timestamp='1334361388' post='1118303']

Looks like you were right about Oriahki. Starting to come out that he is picking Mizzou. I can't blame him there because I like Mizzou's coach and I am pretty sure I read that Alex has a childhood friend on the team.
[/quote]
To be honest, I don't think Oriahki is a huge transfer get anyways. He was only a 6 and 5 guy last year and that was behind Drummond whom didn't exactly light the world on fire. I don't feel like he would have made a big impact on a big team, especially when UK has poythrees, whom might be their best incoming recruit. The kid is the real deal legit. Better all around player than Noel I think.

All five Kentucky starters are going to announce their decisions tomorrow (Tuesday) at 2 PM. Rumor is that Davis, Jones, and Teague are locks to declare. Allegedly, Cal advised Doron to come back next year, and MKG wants to come back, but Cal is advising him to go to the draft.

[url="http://twitter.com/#%21/DickieV"][b]Dick Vitale[/b] ‏ [s]@[/s][b]DickieV[/b] [/url]
No SHOCK All of top Cats will enter Draft - Will 6 UK players be taken in 1st round ? [url="http://twitter.com/#%21/Vaughtsviews"][s]@[/s][b]Vaughtsviews[/b][/url] [url="http://twitter.com/#%21/Rex"][s]@[/s][b]Rex[/b][/url] Chapman [url="http://twitter.com/#%21/JohnClayIV"][s]@[/s][b]JohnClayIV[/b][/url] [url="http://twitter.com/#%21/JerryTipton"][s]@[/s][b]JerryTipton[/b][/url]

[url="http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/REPORT_Davis_Jones_Teague_will_go_to_NBA_Draft_147641185.html"]http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/REPORT_Davis_Jones_Teague_will_go_to_NBA_Draft_147641185.html[/url]

[quote]
It seems that all five Kentucky underclassmen will be leaving for the NBA draft. At least that could be the assumption because all five will be making an announcement tomorrow according to UK.
Terrence Jones, Anthony Davis, Doron Lamb, Marquis Teague and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist will all announce their intentions regarding the draft Tuesday afternoon. The announcement is schedule for 2pm at the Joe Craft Center men’s basketball practice gym.
Those five along with Darius Miller and Kyle Wiltjer helped lead Kentucky to their first national title in 14 years and 8th overall.
[b]*Press conference will be streamed LIVE on WKYT.com and WYMTnews.com[/b][/quote]

Teague never impressed me. His brother was a monster in college and just hasn't been very good in the NBA. Doron Lamb would get thrown around in the NBA. MKG would be making a huge mistake staying. He's a top 5 guy this year.

If Lamb comes back, I feel more confident having him run the point than Harrow or Beckham.

I already feel sorry for Nerlens Noel. There's no way he's going to be Anthony Davis pt. 2. Anthony Davis was the kind of player that you don't see two of in a generation, nevermind in back-to-back years.
I think Wiltjer could be a [i]stud[/i] by next March, fwiw. Practicing every day against Anthony Davis and Terrence Jones (who, IMHO, would have played himself into the lottery on any other team) has made him pretty good already.
I hope that Hood can contribute some minutes next season, too, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Kid has a good shot and some serious hops, but he can't defend.

[quote name='#22' timestamp='1334665878' post='1119081']
If Lamb comes back, I feel more confident having him run the point than Harrow or Beckham.

I already feel sorry for Nerlens Noel. There's no way he's going to be Anthony Davis pt. 2. Anthony Davis was the kind of player that you don't see two of in a generation, nevermind in back-to-back years.
I think Wiltjer could be a [i]stud[/i] by next March, fwiw. Practicing every day against Anthony Davis and Terrence Jones (who, IMHO, would have played himself into the lottery on any other team) has made him pretty good already.
I hope that Hood can contribute some minutes next season, too, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Kid has a good shot and some serious hops, but he can't defend.
[/quote]
I'm a little confused. Nerlens was a 12/7 guy in high school with good shot blocking abilities. I feel like he's being vastly overrated by recruiting services. Shabazz will be the #1 guy from this class in my opinion. He has all the makings of the next Kobe if he gets coached up and has the drive. It's too bad Adida$ latched their teeth into him by signing a lot of family members.

Elite 8, 2 Final Fours, 1 title in 3 years.

The only thing I'm mad about is how Calapari gets cheated in the media. Give this man some respect. What he is doing is just flat out crazy.

All the bullshit aside about vacated Final Fours. He got players to UMASS and Memphis. Got them to a Final 4. The guy can coach.

At UK, Cal has changed the game so fast he's got the College Basketball world in an uproar.

College Basketball is not being ruined. It's being brought back to life. Quit downgrading the top players that are good enough to go pro. Quit trying to cheapen the accomplishments of your champ. Embrace your returning stars and promote your next wave of One and Dones. That is what these College Basketball blowhards should be doing.

The only thing I am worried about is Pat Forde and Pete Thamel trying to dig up dirt on any player that comes to Kentucky. The way the NCAA punishes teams, you could dig up dirt on any one player and have an entire season thrown out. Memphis had their runner-up season vacated for something Derrick Rose did before he even committed to Memphis. You could dig up dirt on any program in football or basketball that recruits blue chip players and ruin their season. Forde and Thamel have a hard on trying to catch Cal up in something, and they will eventually succeed at finding something a player did like having a grade changed in high school or taking money from an agent, and Cal will be unjustly blamed.