OFFICIAL UK BASKETBALL THREAD!!!!!!!

Bunghole

• 4 weeks later...
[media]http://youtu.be/BNexVNX4y4o[/media]

1:05 in 1st half, Russ Smith fouls Noel. At the last second, Poythress shoots the FTs.

Watch as Coach Cal orders the switch-a-roo. High-Top the ugly dude who can't shoot free-throws switches spots with Poythress the ugly dude who can shoot free-throws.

Actually, it looks like Poythress was fouled. I did not see this game, so my input doesn't mean that much, but it looks like Poythress was fouled and there was a bit of confusion on the Wildcats team as to who was fouled. Look at the contact on Poythress right before he passed it then look at the contact on Noel. There was barely any contact with Noel.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cal commanded the Rupp crowd to stand with 8 minutes remaining.   History will show the Florida Gators didn't score another point once it happened.

This ranks up there with Jesus feeding a crowd of thousands with just 2 baskets of fish and 2 loaves of bread.

No bigger UK fan than me, but this team did not deserve a bid. Let a team with a losing record (Vandy) kick the shit out of 'em. This team was not capable (for whatever reason) of bringing the effort every game. You reap what you sow.

I totally agree. interesting how the Cats went from champs to the NIT in only one year. But that's the business model not only for Calipari but for many big time schools in NCAA basketball. I really wish there was a way to keep players from bouncing after only one year (and coaches too). It's hard to follow the game anymore. It's worse than free agency in pro sports. You can't get to know a roster anymore. I can't keep up with who the players even are at this stage. It sucks.

They're going to be pretty good next year.

But I agree in regards to the one and done rule.  It needs to be fixed.  It feels like the level of play in college basketball has decreased because there is so much emphasis on getting to the league.  It's pretty sad.  There isn't one clear cut dominant team this year because everyone is losing their best players to the league after a year.

Install a 2 year minimum or go to Europe for a year.  That way some of these guys are actually showing up to class after the first semester and when some of the dumb ones jump, they actually have a little to fall back on.

But I agree in regards to the one and done rule.  It needs to be fixed.  It feels like the level of play in college basketball has decreased because there is so much emphasis on getting to the league.  It's pretty sad.  There isn't one clear cut dominant team this year because everyone is losing their best players to the league after a year.

Install a 2 year minimum or go to Europe for a year.  That way some of these guys are actually showing up to class after the first semester and when some of the dumb ones jump, they actually have a little to fall back on.

College B-Ball media and fans are so selfish and sterotypical.     The ability to earn a higher education is always there.     The one and done rule is a NBA rule. 

How the hell are you going to install a 2 year rule if the NBA let's you join after a year?    Are you going to start telling female athletes that no longer want to pursue higher education that they must stay?  I'm sure there would be legal issues.

Just because an inner city kid can play basketball and earn his way into college.  Now of all sudden people are concerned about his future if he happens to be good enough to get drafted in the NBA and they start thinking of rules that take away a basic freedom.

No one says shit about the thousands of college worthy highschoolers  that aren't good enough to play sports, go to college for a year and then say fuck it, I'm taking a job.   

You going to start making kids pay back a year of school costs?  Really? Just because of the handful of college basketball players that can go pro?   What about small school division 1 player that has to leave after a year?

Just enjoy the players during their time and quit being so bias.   Then hope the NBA wakes up and stops drafting on potential. 

There really is only a hanful of players that are actually one and done.  It's just Kentucky and Cal have bucked the system and end up with multiple players.  This year they paid the price.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see college basketball go the way of baseball.  Allow then to go straight in, but if they go to college they need to be there 3 years.

I'd also add that if the kid does not get drafted out of HS after declaring that he can still attend college.

I'd like to see college basketball go the way of baseball.  Allow then to go straight in, but if they go to college they need to be there 3 years.

I'd also add that if the kid does not get drafted out of HS after declaring that he can still attend college.

It would certainly make the most sense to me if they did something similar.  I think 3 years would be a lot, but I wouldn't be upset with it.  The quality of college basketball isn't the same as it used to be.  Back when kids stayed for a few years and really developed over time.  They wouldn't transfer out after a year because they didn't get playing time as a frosh when the position has multiple upper-classmen. 

It would be tremendously beneficial for both the leage (drafting higher quality players) and college basketball (kids actually giving a damn about the team and forced to go to some class).

tl;dr.

But I did see bias and LULZ'd.  Must have looked that word up in the dictionary not long ago and decided to use it every chance you received.

What else would you call it?  You are creating hypothetical rules to solve something YOU see as a problem.    It's not objective. 

There is no rational thought in it.   "We should make them stay 2 years"  Why?  "Because"????????

Why 2 years?   "Because 2 is bigger than 1"  Oh.    Is a second year of college the magic the year to figuring out life?

It's dumb.   It's selfish College B-Ball fans and yes it is biased.

The NBA dictates and until they see it as a problem they will not fix it like MLB and NFL.