OFFICIAL UK BASKETBALL THREAD!!!!!!!

Bunghole

What else would you call it?  You are creating hypothetical rules to solve something YOU see as a problem.    It's not objective. 

There is no rational thought in it.   "We should make them stay 2 years"  Why?  "Because"????????

Why 2 years?   "Because 2 is bigger than 1"  Oh.    Is a second year of college the magic the year to figuring out life?

It's dumb.   It's selfish College B-Ball fans and yes it is biased.

The NBA dictates and until they see it as a problem they will not fix it like MLB and NFL. 

Anything over a sentence from you makes my face hurt. 

• Upvote 1

Kentucky will probably start next year as a favorite to win the national championship. With Goodwin, Pyothress, Stein, and Wiltjer more than likely coming back and the guys they have coming in, Kentucky could be ten to eleven deep next year.

It will be interesting to see who stays and who goes.   I just can't see the NBA being all over these guys but I can see some of them worrying about playing time and transferring out.

It will be interesting to see who stays and who goes.   I just can't see the NBA being all over these guys but I can see some of them worrying about playing time and transferring out.

Noel will more than likely leave but the others have all said they will be back but things could change over the next couple weeks. Stein has already posted on twitter that he is ready for big blue madness. The only one I see leaving is Harrow. Cal said he needs to have a one on one talk with him and I am guessing he will probably tell him it might be best if he left.

Oh shit, Julius Randle just picked Kentucky. What a crazy recruiting class. Seven total guys in the class with six of them in the top 20.

I'd imagine Poythrees is probably gone then.  Randle wants nothing to do with playing the 5 at the collegiate level.  

Good pick-up though.

I'd imagine Poythrees is probably gone then.  Randle wants nothing to do with playing the 5 at the collegiate level.  

Good pick-up though.

I dont think this has anything to do with Porthress. He has said he is coming back but of course that could change. Poythress can play the 3 spot and Randle the 4. 

If everyone comes back this is what the team would look like.

PG- Andrew Harrison, Ryan Harrow, Jared Polson

SG- Archie Goodwin, Aaron Harrison

SF- Alex Poythress, James Young, Jon Hood

PF- Julius Randle, Marcus Lee, Kyle Wiltjer, Derrick Willis

C- Willie Cauley Stein, Dakari Johnson

That is 14 guys on scholarship so someone would have to leave or give one up. I would expect either Harrow or Wilitjer to leave and go some where else. 

I just saw that.  Interesting.  Not a bad problem to have.  I imagine someone besides Noel will leave.  Maybe Goodwin since Harrison probably takes his starting spot or at least some of his minutes.

Harrison twins are the truth.

Noel will more than likely leave but the others have all said they will be back but things could change over the next couple weeks. Stein has already posted on twitter that he is ready for big blue madness. The only one I see leaving is Harrow. Cal said he needs to have a one on one talk with him and I am guessing he will probably tell him it might be best if he left.

I'd love to get Stein and Poythress back.   In the end we need someone to light a fire under the freshman for defense.   Once Nerlens went down in ability to stop drives the rim was glaring.

I'd say Wiltjer is gone for sure unless he's ok fighting for depth minutes.

Rex Chapman tweeted that Andrew Wiggins might be next. Or that's how I took it.

A reliable birdie just whispered in my ear that Cal, KP, J. Robic, Big O & Strick aren't quite finished w this '13 class. BBNMayJustWigOut

After the game Tuesday Cal said what happened this year would never happen again. He seems more motivated than ever. If that's possible.

Wiggins will more than likely end up at FSU. If Cal can pull it off though, UK would have to start the season as the number 1 team. As of right now, I would say there is a small chance he ends up at UK. 

If I had to bet right now, I would say FSU. But I find Rex's tweet interesting.

Not sure if you are familiar with Matt Jones and KSR. But this morning Matt said Wiggins coach said yesterday that Wiggins knows where he wants to go now. He looks at a certain school's talent and thinks they can win it all.

They are loaded and would be fine without Wiggins. But if they were to add him?.....Wow!!!

If UK adds anymore for this year then it will probably be Hawkins. I know Cal watched him play a couple games in a row a couple weeks ago. If Wiggins is really coming, then that must mean at least two guys are leaving. If he does come, there might not be a need to play next season. 

I have been told that Wiggins wants to come to UK but his parents are pushing him towards FSU. 

If UK adds anymore for this year then it will probably be Hawkins. I know Cal watched him play a couple games in a row a couple weeks ago. If Wiggins is really coming, then that must mean at least two guys are leaving. If he does come, there might not be a need to play next season. 

I have been told that Wiggins wants to come to UK but his parents are pushing him towards FSU.  

If I'm not mistaken both parents are FSU alum. Don't sleep on North Carolina either. They are making a strong push for him.

Meanwhile, enjoy some Julius Randle highlights. We know we got him....lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ-vLcOMKX8

If I'm not mistaken both parents are FSU alum. Don't sleep on North Carolina either. They are making a strong push for him.

Meanwhile, enjoy some Julius Randle highlights. We know we got him....lol.

Yea they went to FSU. From the sources I have, I have been told it's FSU, UK and UNC in that order as of a couple weeks ago so things could have changed over the last few days. Wiggins had a great recurring visit at FSU and that really helped. It would probably be a done deal to FSU if Cal was not involved.

Randle should be fun to watch next year.

Yea they went to FSU. From the sources I have, I have been told it's FSU, UK and UNC in that order as of a couple weeks ago so things could have changed over the last few days. Wiggins had a great recurring visit at FSU and that really helped. It would probably be a done deal to FSU if Cal was not involved.

Randle should be fun to watch next year.

Kid's a beast Dawg.

I've seen on Dukes scouts board that this is down to UNC and UK.  I think FSU is out, because they just won't be very good.  I honestly don't see UK because of the amount of players.  This guy is coming in to "get his".  He is miffed Jabari got the ESPN cover a year or so ago and wants to show him up.

I have a hard time believing he actually does end up as UNC.  Maybe he does go to UK.  I can't see him wanting to battle it out with Poythrees and Randle for playing time.

Actually just saw that Wiggins will not be going to UNC.  I didn't see it in the first place really.  He came to the Duke-UNC game, watched his team get punked out, then he and his buddy were tweeting about how bored they were after the game.  Maybe it is a UK-FSU race?