OFFICIAL UK BASKETBALL THREAD!!!!!!!

Bunghole

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think winning a national title is on Wiggins priorities list or UNC and FSU wouldn't be on the list.  He's out to get his shots and get the fast track to the #1 pick in the NBA, with as little pressure as possible. 

I don't think winning a national title is on Wiggins priorities list or UNC and FSU wouldn't be on the list.  He's out to get his shots and get the fast track to the #1 pick in the NBA, with as little pressure as possible. 

If that's the case then FSU is where he needs to go. UNC could be a contender next year depending on who stays or goes. FWIW Vitale has UNC preseason  #2 (which doesn't mean crap) right behind UK. Not real familiar with FSU's roster at this point, but I'm guessing he won't have a lot of help and can take all the shots he wants. I just hope he doesn't get frustrated easily because he will be seeing a lot of double-teams.

FSU is losing Snaer and that would open up a ton of shots for Mike.  UNC just lost their most efficient player in Reggie Bullock and their best post player may also be leaving.  Vitale has them ranked high, but they are going to be a turd in a really shallow ACC.

I have seen that Roy Williams is meeting with him Monday.  Seems really late in the year to be making a decision.

FSU is losing Snaer and that would open up a ton of shots for Mike.  UNC just lost their most efficient player in Reggie Bullock and their best post player may also be leaving.  Vitale has them ranked high, but they are going to be a turd in a really shallow ACC.

I have seen that Roy Williams is meeting with him Monday.  Seems really late in the year to be making a decision.

Yep.....he's meeting with Williams on the 22nd, Self the 23rd and Hamilton on the 24th.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Back to back conference road games will be a test.    Especially at Vandy with their weird gym, but I'm not sure they have all that great a team but UK is th Superbowl for them. 

I think that's one thing this young team has had trouble grasping....every road game is a white-out, black-out, gold-rush, some tee shirt event. These teams raise their level of play and the environment is crazier than any other game. You don't come ready to play...you lose. That was a good win vs Missouri, but I also remember what happened last Tuesday. Will they build off the win Saturday and move forward?  Will they revert back to their ways vs LSU?  Couple things stood out against Missouri. They played zone at times and played it pretty well...Also when Missouri made their charge, UK withstood it and had kept their poise down the stretch. Unlike what we saw vs Baylor or Carolina. Gotta get WCS going though. The way this team allows dribble penetration, you gotta have a rim protector back there.

• 2 months later...

With the twins and Cauley-Stein coming back, not only will they gain the (rare for Kentucky) value of their experience, it means they will have NINE 5-star recruits on their roster next season. If they aren't the pre-season #1 I will be shocked.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lets hope.  I doubt anymore than a slap on the wrist will come but I'm just setting myself up not to be disappointed.  Maybe Roy resigning (not like he's done much on the recruiting trail in awhile anyways).

• 4 weeks later...