OFFICIAL UK BASKETBALL THREAD!!!!!!!

Bunghole

• 3 weeks later...

31-0 is a pretty incredible feat, regardless of the way things turn out in the tournament. Obviously anything less than a championship at this point would be considered a failure, but it's so damn hard to win it all, no matter your regular season record. Like Old says, the pressure just mounts and mounts. The best thing Cal can do is keep his team as loose as possible and play down the importance of the games and treat them like any other.

I agree the pressure is on but I think its not as bad spreading out among 10 players as it is on 5 or 6

This team can remove any player and still beat any team in the nation,   doesn't mean they can't lose,   hope they go all the way but I just don't think they will

A couple things about pressure and UK and this is all true.

First, when you sign with UK you get the fanbase and the expectation.   Which is huge and contains a bunch of crazies.   Crazies from a state that has no other major sports team and a sports team that has been good enough to rival that top sports franchises in the world in terms of success.

Second,  UK gets everyone's best shot in the SEC.   SEC gets trashed on for being a bad basketball conference but that's overblown.   They are still a power 5 conference playing teams getting power 5 players from highschool.    UK is always the big ticket on the road.

SEC and NCAA  tournaments any top UK team not just this one isn't going to face a hostile crowd.   Most of the time it's very pro-UK.

So yeah there's pressure for this team but NCAA tournament in an odd way to bring some relief.   They play first two games in Louisville and that crowd will be 99% blue.

Regional site with be blue but not as big.    Then Indy if they get there,  forget about it.      

Nice season KY. Too bad that Calipari will have to rebuild after all 16 players graduate this year - again. It may he a while before KY is relevant again with all that turnover.
And thank you Wisconsin. Now I don't have to root for Duke.

Duke is in the same category as the Stealers are for me...never a chance I would ever back them.

• 6 months later...

For those scoring at home

IU - Fucking cheaters.  Banished from relevance and stuck with that weirdo coach.

UNC - Fucking cheaters on an epic level and the NCAA won't touch nor ESPN

U of L - Fucking cheaters with strippers and such in players dorms

UK under Cal - awesome.

• 4 weeks later...