OFFICIAL UK BASKETBALL THREAD!!!!!!!

Bunghole

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='#22' post='428694' date='Jan 17 2007, 04:39 PM']The Defense is insanely good.

and think of how good they'll be when Stevenson, Meeks, and Perry have a year of experience and Morris comes back .

Tubby is recruiting HIS kind of players now: defensive studs.[/quote]

i know morris said he would last year, but after this dominant season i have a hard time believing he'll be back next year... but if he is, WOW!!!

[quote name='steggyD' post='430409' date='Jan 21 2007, 12:35 PM']What happened yesterday? Anyone catch the game? Loss to Vandy? WTF?[/quote]
I listened to the second half on the radio as I was at work. Vandy was on fire from three-point range (their team lives and dies by the three, they have no inside game), and UK was just sloppy, sloppy. We had a couple of sequences on offense when we were either up or down by a point or two in the last 4-8 minutes where we would keep throwing the ball away out of bounds.
UK did not guard the three well, and we couldn't score from anywhere.
Bad loss at home. Well, it was fun being #25 for a week anyway!
We need to take out our frustrations on Georgia on Wednesday. I will be watching. We haven't lost a game yet this year when Bung has been watching on the tube. :thumbsup:

That Georgia game was absolutely brutal....what happened to their defense in the second half, and how did Georgia take Joe Crawford out of the second half until about 4 minutes remaining....

Did Randolf Morris play?! Is Bobby Perry going to show up this year?

Lastly, I'm so tired of Ramel Bradly being about as consistent as Neil Rackers!

[quote name='abcdefg' post='433263' date='Jan 26 2007, 09:01 AM']That Georgia game was absolutely brutal....what happened to their defense in the second half, and how did Georgia take Joe Crawford out of the second half until about 4 minutes remaining....

Did Randolf Morris play?! Is Bobby Perry going to show up this year?

Lastly, I'm so tired of Ramel Bradly being about as consistent as Neil Rackers![/quote]
Agreed, and goddamit!
Where's our vaunted Tubby Smith defense?
:contract:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LeakyBengal

[quote name='Storm' post='437866' date='Feb 6 2007, 02:45 PM']Can't wait till Saturday Night, we'll found out what the boys are made of :mellow:[/quote]

It is an important game indeed. Two big time recruits are going to be there and we need both of them badly.

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='437949' date='Feb 6 2007, 04:35 PM']It is an important game indeed. Two big time recruits are going to be there and we need both of them badly.[/quote]
It looks like it might be a little bit of a fight for Patterson between Duke and UK.

[quote]Patrick Patterson is considered the top unsigned senior high school basketball player in the country, and last week he played on the campuses of two of the six schools still in the running for his services.

The 6-foot-8 forward at Huntington (W. Va.) High had 20 points and 12 rebounds Tuesday in a victory over Artesia (Calif.) at Duke's Cameron Indoor Stadium. He had 12 points and 15 rebounds in a 72-68 loss to Scott County on Friday at the University of Kentucky's Memorial Coliseum.

It was Patterson's second up-close look at UK after Huntington beat Lexington Catholic in Memorial last month.

But sticking to the same line he's been saying recently, Patterson said he's not ready to make a college decision. He's expected to pick from among UK, Duke, Florida, Wake Forest, West Virginia and Virginia after the season.

"It's still the same situation," he said. "I want to take the next month and narrow my schools down from six to three. [b]Kentucky is at the top[/b]."

Patterson did say he's been watching -- and reading -- what fans from each of the schools on his list are saying about him.

"I don't pay too much attention to all of that," he said. "I see the stuff on message boards, on MySpace and Facebook and all that. But I don't worry about it. I have to make a decision for me. I have to do what's best for me."[/quote]

Hopefully he picks Duke...but more then likely he will end up in Kentucky...which is a very good thing for them. This kid will be a stud. But if he goes to Duke...best recruiting class in the nation easy.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
we dont need patterson that much, we needed a PG not a Forward. WE ARE GETTING THE PG FROM OAK HILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK GOD PAULUS WONT BE THE PG ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest LeakyBengal
We need Patterson badly. Our front court is going to be hurting next year. Especially if Morris goes pro. If Jai doesn't sign that isn't a big deal. There is always Pettigrew. But Patterson is a must have.

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='438065' date='Feb 6 2007, 07:14 PM']We need Patterson badly. Our front court is going to be hurting next year. Especially if Morris goes pro. If Jai doesn't sign that isn't a big deal. There is always Pettigrew. But Patterson is a must have.[/quote]
I don't know who this kid is because I simply don't pay attention to high school sports, but he sounds good, and yes, we need froncourt help as we're backcourt-loaded and we may lose Morris (although I think he is FAR from ready to play in the NBA, especially in light of the fact that he'll probably have to play PF at the next level, and his shot just isn't there for that position in the NBA).
Oh, and all that being said.....

It's almost game time, let's GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest steggyD
This game is viewable from Yahoo, for those of us like myself, who can't watch the game on television. Just go here, [url="http://sports.yahoo.com/"]http://sports.yahoo.com/[/url] and click on the S. Carolina vs Kentucky link, right under Live SEC Video. Gamecocks are getting crushed.

Guest LeakyBengal
[quote name='Bunghole' post='438517' date='Feb 7 2007, 07:38 PM']I don't know who this kid is because I simply don't pay attention to high school sports, but he sounds good, and yes, we need froncourt help as we're backcourt-loaded and we may lose Morris (although I think he is FAR from ready to play in the NBA, especially in light of the fact that he'll probably have to play PF at the next level, and his shot just isn't there for that position in the NBA).
Oh, and all that being said.....
It's almost game time, let's GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Patrick Patterson:

[img]http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/PATRICK-PATTERSON-200-2.JPG[/img] [img]http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/PATRICKPATTERSON-200.JPG[/img] [img]http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/31/310300.jpg[/img]

Mike Freaking Williams:

[img]http://blog.kentuckysportsradio.com/wp-content/MikeWilliams.jpeg[/img]

I think we can beat Florida. We have someone we didn't have last year. Perry Stevenson. I think he is key.

Best game i've been to at Rupp. The crowd was insane, and I seriously can't talk.

Mike Williams sucks. Think Obrzut/Alleyne.
Patrick Patterson and A.J. Stewart will be like Hayes and Azubuike all over again. I'm starting to think that we will ink both Patterson and Jai Lucas

[quote name='#22' post='439815' date='Feb 11 2007, 06:52 AM']Best game i've been to at Rupp. The crowd was insane, and I seriously can't talk.

Mike Williams sucks. Think Obrzut/Alleyne.
Patrick Patterson and A.J. Stewart will be like Hayes and Azubuike all over again. I'm starting to think that we will ink both Patterson and Jai Lucas[/quote]

[img]http://www.rotten.com/library/conspiracy/mind-control/mind-hypnowheel.gif[/img]

Was that you with the Blue Wheel of Death?

Even though we lost I saw a lot of positives coming out of that game, for one they know they should have won and they know they can play with anyone in the country, I saw Tubby get upset and give it to the officials and the team responded, I saw a team out play the #1 team in the nation.

I tell you what, that was an [i]extremely[/i] disappointing loss. I don't care "how well they hung in there" against the #1 team....that was a winnable, winnable game that we didn't get because UK is so shaky from the three and at the foul line.
Why has there [i]always[/i] been free throw and trey issues under Tubby Smith (1998 season aside, those weren't his players)?
Is it that they spend so much time on defense that they don't practice shooting enough? What is it? I can't think of anyone outside of Tayshaun Prince and maybe Azibuike that could shoot the three reliably well almost all the time since Tubby's been around. And as for free throws....I just don't get it. This has been an ongoing issue for years now, and I've had it.
We should have won that damn game.
Fuck!