OFFICIAL UK BASKETBALL THREAD!!!!!!!

Bunghole

[quote name='Storm' post='440053' date='Feb 11 2007, 07:47 PM']Don'y worry Bung, it could be worse
You could be a DUke fan! :lol: 4 straight losses! :headbang:[/quote]
Comparing yourself to duke this year...isn't really saying much.

Now if you want to compare yourself to Duke next year...go ahead...you will be dissapointed.

[quote name='JC' post='440087' date='Feb 11 2007, 08:43 PM']Comparing yourself to duke this year...isn't really saying much.

Now if you want to compare yourself to Duke next year...go ahead...you will be dissapointed.[/quote]
get your Duke-loving head out of Kryzvshefski's ass cavity and outta this UK thread, you fake-blue wearing, 4 losses in a row motherfucker!
B)

[quote name='Bunghole' post='440089' date='Feb 11 2007, 08:48 PM']get your Duke-loving head out of Kryzvshefski's ass cavity and outta this UK thread, you fake-blue wearing, 4 losses in a row motherfucker!
B)[/quote]
i wouldn't be to sure you guys won't drop the next 3.

Tenn.
Alabama
LSU

and hell Georgia too.

There is still hope for Duke to do pretty well in the NIT this year. If UK loses there next three, they will still have a better Conference Record than Duke, and a better RPI. UK is a lock for the Tourney. Duke is not.

Guest LeakyBengal
[quote name='JC' post='440087' date='Feb 11 2007, 08:43 PM']Comparing yourself to duke this year...isn't really saying much.

Now if you want to compare yourself to Duke next year...go ahead...you will be dissapointed.[/quote]

Duke will be nobody again next year. King and Singler. Give me a break. They will be decent at best. However, [b]if [/b]UK gets Pat and Jai Lucas look the fuck out.

Bradley
Crawford
Lucas
Meeks
Porter
Jasper
Morris
Mike Williams
Carter (I dunno what the circumstances are with him)
Stevenson
Stewart
Patterson
Harris (?)

That is a team right there.

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='440482' date='Feb 12 2007, 09:10 PM']Duke will be nobody again next year. King and Singler. Give me a break. They will be decent at best. However, [b]if [/b]UK gets Pat and Jai Lucas look the fuck out.

Bradley
Crawford
Lucas
Meeks
Porter
Jasper
Morris
Mike Williams
Carter (I dunno what the circumstances are with him)
Stevenson
Stewart
Patterson
Harris (?)

That is a team right there.[/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Singler is nationally ranked 4 coming out of high school. Sick range and can take it inside. Paulus with another year under his belt just like McRoberts. Henderson with a year of basketball just as Lance Thomas. With probably the deepest bench in the nation. We will have some Senior leadership next year unlike this year also. Not to mention Scheyer shoots just like JJ did his freshman year.

We won't be anything like the teams with Jay Chris Battier Dunleavy or Boozer

But nobody [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Now i have no clue who anyone on Kentucy is besides Patt and he hasn't even commited yet.

I'm sure they will have a decent year since Flordia will more then likely lose Joakim. Jai Lucas looks like a pretty good player (according to scout) and probably should be if he is anything like his brother.

Guest LeakyBengal
[quote name='JC' post='440494' date='Feb 12 2007, 09:29 PM'][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Singler is nationally ranked 4 coming out of high school. Sick range and can take it inside. Paulus with another year under his belt just like McRoberts. Henderson with a year of basketball just as Lance Thomas. With probably the deepest bench in the nation. We will have some Senior leadership next year unlike this year also. Not to mention Scheyer shoots just like JJ did his freshman year.

We won't be anything like the teams with Jay Chris Battier Dunleavy or Boozer
But nobody [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Now i have no clue who anyone on Kentucy is besides Patt and he hasn't even commited yet.

I'm sure they will have a decent year since Flordia will more then likely lose Joakim. Jai Lucas looks like a pretty good player (according to scout) and probably should be if he is anything like his brother.[/quote]

Yup. Duke is doing pretty well with all those Burger Boys right now aren't they. :AFTER LONG RUN:

[quote name='Storm' post='440637' date='Feb 13 2007, 09:03 AM'][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f67/stormincincy/duke_pick.gif[/img]
When I think of Duke this is what I think of
a booger![/quote]
Yeah only college basketballs best player the last two years!!

When i think of Duke i think of...oh nevermind ;)

[quote]Yup. Duke is doing pretty well with all those Burger Boys right now aren't they.[/quote]

Yeah...and Kentucky is doing pretty well right now with those guys...one less loss then Duke not even playing the in ACC...

But i suppose this will be the end for me in this thread...but if you would like to bring anything to more to this...come to the Duke thread..

Theres no excuse for this team to not make a run in the tourney, they have a stud big man and have some talented freshmen that should be matured by the end of the year. Every year Tubby has had an excuse and he's out of them now. Its time for Tubby to shit or get off the pot!

Just like Bung pointed out, this team still has the same problems it had 5 years ago, they can't shoot FTs and have no clutch shooting whatsover. That better change come tournament time

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Bunghole' post='440520' date='Feb 12 2007, 10:23 PM']Keep Duke out of this thread! Fuck them and their team (although I respect their coach as a West Point grad).
[b]This thread is about the winningnest program in the history of the game,[/b] not some johnny-come-lately.[/quote]
you can thank the money Rupp put into the players pockets for that...........................johnny come lately would have been a good comment if it hadnt been about 2 decades...

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='441163' date='Feb 14 2007, 01:01 PM']you can thank the money Rupp put into the players pockets for that...........................johnny come lately would have been a good comment if it hadnt been about 2 decades...[/quote]
I'm not sure what paid player allegations you're alluding to, but....if Rupp was doing it it meant that EVERYONE was doing it.
And they still do, all of them.

[quote name='Storm' post='441122' date='Feb 14 2007, 11:18 AM']Theres no excuse for this team to not make a run in the tourney, they have a stud big man and have some talented freshmen that should be matured by the end of the year. Every year Tubby has had an excuse and he's out of them now. Its time for Tubby to shit or get off the pot!
Just like Bung pointed out, this team still has the same problems it had 5 years ago, they can't shoot FTs and have no clutch shooting whatsover. That better change come tournament time[/quote]
Yeah, this constant preaching and media acknowledgement of our stellar defense isn't putting the ball into the basket any better.
That IS the same-old, same-old from Tubby's years.
We simply aren't an offensive team under him, and it's killing us right now.

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='441404' date='Feb 15 2007, 06:39 AM'][center]

I think this videofilm speeks for y'all. And is a fine production by some great uk fans to boot. The man makes a valid point about Tubby and the disappearance of the Fort Knox gold as well - never thought of that before. Enjoy.[/center][/quote]

That was painfull to watch but quite funny

"Tubby please take your midmajor self and go"

Sigh.
Three losses in a row! There's not much to take that's positive out of this.....for years now under Tubby, we have an anemic shooting offense that only seems to come to life when it's too late in big games.
I'm tired of it, personally. Games like this one burn me up! We HAD to have it and we played like SHIT!
Whelp, it was nice being in the top 25 while it lasted!
Fucking Wildcats. If they can't get it together and make a late season run going in to March, I'll stop watching their pathetic excuse for team offense and their inexcusable lapses on defense and stupid fouls and turnovers. It's too painful.
This is NOT what UK basketball is supposed to be.
Fix it or begone, Tubby!

[quote name='Bunghole' post='442381' date='Feb 17 2007, 11:37 PM']Sigh.
Three losses in a row! There's not much to take that's positive out of this.....for years now under Tubby, we have an anemic shooting offense that only seems to come to life when it's too late in big games.
I'm tired of it, personally. Games like this one burn me up! We HAD to have it and we played like SHIT!
Whelp, it was nice being in the top 25 while it lasted!
Fucking Wildcats. If they can't get it together and make a late season run going in to March, I'll stop watching their pathetic excuse for team offense and their inexcusable lapses on defense and stupid fouls and turnovers. It's too painful.
This is NOT what UK basketball is supposed to be.
Fix it or begone, Tubby![/quote]

Funny that just last year you dogged me up for questioneing Tubby ^_^

Myself I am giving him the benefit of the doubt until the post season, he must get them to the final four or he needs to go!

Its time to shit or get off the pot!

[quote name='Storm' post='442397' date='Feb 17 2007, 08:03 PM']Funny that just last year you dogged me up for questioneing Tubby ^_^
Myself I am giving him the benefit of the doubt until the post season, he must get them to the final four or he needs to go!
Its time to shit or get off the pot![/quote]
Yeah but back then at least we had a modicum of offensive production with guys like Prince, Hayes, Azuibuike, Estill and others.
This year's squad can't score for shit, and the mantra of "defense" has lost some if it's luster.
We aren't being very good at either.
I only dogged you for calling for his head because at the time, we were enjoying relative success, now I don't know what to think.
We're backed into a corner of scholarship lousiness by guys like Perry and Thomas. Why are they good enough to start for a UK basketball team again?

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='441404' date='Feb 15 2007, 01:39 AM'][center]

I think this videofilm speeks for y'all. And is a fine production by some great uk fans to boot. The man makes a valid point about Tubby and the disappearance of the Fort Knox gold as well - never thought of that before. Enjoy.[/center][/quote]
It took me a little while to decide whether or not this deserved a response, but I feel generous tonight.
This video was Go Tory Go!'s response to a video that I put on his facebook wall a while back that was quickly deleted.
You see, GTG is a UC fan, and after having to endure a program that was filled with criminals and was still substandard (unlike our Bengals, whose thugs contribute to success and are not part of the coaching staff), he only appreciates the more AND1 aspects of the game, like Dunks and Alley oops. My response was to show him a video of a great oop play at a UC game that involved Eric Hicks: [url="http://youtube.com/watch?v=UeXjTTNW56U"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=UeXjTTNW56U[/url]

While he (and every other UC fan) are nostalgic over a coach who took the team to 2 Elite Eight appearances over the course of 16 years (and was a completely classless individual), [i]some[/i] UK fans are upset that Tubby Smith has only had 4 Elite Eight appearances in 10 years and only 1 national championship (the reason this video was made). University of Cincinnati fans can't really comprehend what Kentucky Basketball is, and should really avoid "speek"ing on the subject, lest they make asses of themselves.

[quote name='#22' post='442437' date='Feb 17 2007, 11:36 PM']It took me a little while to decide whether or not this deserved a response, but I feel generous tonight.
This video was Go Tory Go!'s response to a video that I put on his facebook wall a while back that was quickly deleted.
You see, GTG is a UC fan, and after having to endure a program that was filled with criminals and was still substandard (unlike our Bengals, whose thugs contribute to success and are not part of the coaching staff), he only appreciates the more AND1 aspects of the game, like Dunks and Alley oops.

While he (and every other UC fan) are nostalgic over a coach who took the team to 2 Elite Eight appearances over the course of 16 years (and was a completely classless individual), [i]some[/i] UK fans are upset that Tubby Smith has only had 4 Elite Eight appearances in 10 years and only 1 national championship (the reason this video was made). University of Cincinnati fans can't really comprehend what Kentucky Basketball is, and should really avoid "speek"ing on the subject, lest they make asses of themselves.[/quote]

You've talked your way around the important issue here - do you then condone Tubby's theft of Fort Knox's gold?

I think it was a metaphorical thing. Like, Tubby is robbing the state of its treasures, or some shit like that.

You and I both know that Fort Knox is only a front-the guy on the Discovery Channel said so!
I hope it is, at least. I'm not sure I wan't to live in a Country that thinks its a good idea to deposit their Bullion (sp?) anywhere near Louisville. As you are painfully aware of by this point, I am the number one defender and proponant of the state of Kentucky, but Louisville and all of its residents are holding the rest of the state back. They are the Cleveland of Kentucky. They are on the river, and they have one good museum, but most of the residents are white trash.
The Greatest chose [i]Michigan[/i] over moving back home. Granted, it was because of the Muslim population, but still...

[quote name='Bunghole' post='442416' date='Feb 18 2007, 02:27 AM']Yeah but back then at least we had a modicum of offensive production with guys like Prince, Hayes, Azuibuike, Estill and others.
This year's squad can't score for shit, and the mantra of "defense" has lost some if it's luster.
We aren't being very good at either.
I only dogged you for calling for his head because at the time, we were enjoying relative success, now I don't know what to think.
We're backed into a corner of scholarship lousiness by guys like Perry and Thomas. Why are they good enough to start for a UK basketball team again?[/quote]

[quote]Prince, Hayes, Azuibuike, Estill[/quote]

Those guys weren't here last year and I measure success at UK in the Tourney, we have now went longer without a Final Four appearance since they went to the 64 format and I still have some hope this year that they might be able to make a run, they have some talented freshman and they have Morris who should be dominating every game, if they don't make a run this year then hopefully Tubby resigns or gets fired.