OFFICIAL UK BASKETBALL THREAD!!!!!!!

Bunghole

[quote name='Bunghole' post='450460' date='Mar 4 2007, 11:02 PM']Moss was a poor man's Mills/Sheppard (although a great story as a walk-on) and Fitch? Are you kidding me? He was OK, but nowhere near lights-out.
I guess my point was that we either cannot recruit a lights-out three scorer, or that we have always had them but Tubby's scheme doesn't get them open enough or they are misused in a defensive effort. Any way you slice it, Tubby has to bear the brunt of the burden for that.
Were three-pointers and free throws EVER a problem under Rick Pitino?[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Racist.[/b][/color]

[quote name='Bunghole' post='450489' date='Mar 4 2007, 11:36 PM']Just holding up the Adolph Rupp Nazi tradition.[/quote]

<_<

[color="#FF0000"][b]Did you know, that it took up until 1970 for Kentucky to have a black basketball
player?

Adolph Rupp refused to intergrate his teams, which made his defeat by the
hands of Western Texas (UTEP), an all black team, in the 1966 National Championship
game, all the sweeter.[/b][/color]

Guest steggyD
Uhhh, so, that was then, this is now. I assure you there are plenty blacks on the team now.

I kind of agree with ben-gal#9. A couple well placed penalties, and we had no answer. Anytime momentum had a chance of switching, the refs interfered. See Bradley being pushed out of bounds for one. I had it on DVR, and rewound and rewatched at every questionable call. The refs are fucktards and need to get their shit straight.

[quote name='ONYX' post='450496' date='Mar 4 2007, 11:47 PM']<_<

[color="#FF0000"][b]Did you know, that it took up until 1970 for Kentucky to have a black basketball
player?

Adolph Rupp refused to intergrate his teams, which made his defeat by the
hands of Western Texas (UTEP), an all black team, in the 1966 National Championship
game, all the sweeter.[/b][/color][/quote]
I did know that, hence my tounge-in-cheek statement about Rupp. Those are bygone times, my friend, I'm not looking back.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='450654' date='Mar 5 2007, 10:05 AM']I did know that, hence my tounge-in-cheek statement about Rupp. Those are bygone times, my friend, I'm not looking back.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Fair enough, but before I go, I just wanted to leave you UK fans with this beautiful memory. Enjoy :wave: [/b][/color]

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='sneaky' post='450942' date='Mar 5 2007, 04:10 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Fair enough, but before I go, I just wanted to leave you UK fans with this beautiful memory. Enjoy :wave: [/b][/color]

[/quote]
gives me a fucking woody every time :)

Guest LeakyBengal

[quote name='sneaky' post='450942' date='Mar 5 2007, 04:10 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Fair enough, but before I go, I just wanted to leave you UK fans with this beautiful memory. Enjoy :wave: [/b][/color]

[/quote]

Apparently you forgot about 1998. Enjoy.

fucking youtube.

Guest LeakyBengal

[/quote]

Apparently you forgot about 1998. Enjoy.

[quote name='steggyD' post='450646' date='Mar 5 2007, 09:46 AM']Uhhh, so, that was then, this is now. I assure you there are plenty blacks on the team now.

I kind of agree with ben-gal#9. A couple well placed penalties, and we had no answer. Anytime momentum had a chance of switching, the refs interfered. See Bradley being pushed out of bounds for one. I had it on DVR, and rewound and rewatched at every questionable call. The refs are fucktards and need to get their shit straight.[/quote]

thanks for agreeing. i'm not saying kentucky played well enough to beat them. but there were a couple of stupid calls that totally changed the momentum. i've said this all year long, ky can look like a championship team in one half and then completely fall apart. they cannot play a whole, complete game.

Guest steggyD
Excellent first game. Slow start but nice finish once they got going. Meeks is something special, isn't he? I'm going to enjoy watching him for the next three years. And Morris is really living up to his own self-proclaimed hype.

Jesus Christ. What a lame call to end our SEC tournament. I almost hope we don't get an NCAA bid, as I hardly see how we deserve it, except for the fact that we have "Kentucky" on our jerseys. Fuckin' A. How do we lose to Mississippi State? More evidence that UC should have kept Andy Kennedy as their coach.
FUCK!!!!
We'll be a 12 seed, and get bounced in the second round. We can't shoot when it matters.

[quote name='steggyD' post='454579' date='Mar 9 2007, 11:12 PM']I missed this game. What do you mean by lame call? Lame call from the sidelines or from the refs?[/quote]
There was a really strange lane violation in the last few seconds of regulation where Meeks was at the line to ice the game but his free throw was taken away and the ball was awarded to Miss St with 5 seconds left, and of course, their guy raced up the court unmolested and put up a prayer three that went in to tie the game and send it into overtime. Then we lost.

Guest LeakyBengal
[quote name='steggyD' post='454579' date='Mar 9 2007, 11:12 PM']I missed this game. What do you mean by lame call? Lame call from the sidelines or from the refs?[/quote]

S. Thomas committed a lane violation. Everyone will tell you it was controversial but it wasn't. He left the line after the ball was given to the player (Meeks) who was taking the shots. Miss St. gets the ball back and the Miss St. player runs down the court and drains a three to tie and send it in overtime. No Kentucky players should have been at the free throw lines. No player should have been able to drive down the court down by three and given a chance to make a shot. He should have been fouled.

The call was only controversial because it is so rare. Lane violations almost always occur when a player steps into the lane prior to the free throw being released, not the other way around. And in fact, it was Tubby's fault, he's admitted as much, he called Sheray off the line just before the ref passed the ball to Meeks for his second free throw.
It was a very Bengal-esque way to lose a game that for all practical purposes was in the bag, which is what made it so disheartening.
I certainly don't have a good feeling about our chances in the tournament as we'll likely get a 10-13 seed and have to play somebody good in the first round.
But I guess you never know. If we could just play a whole game instead of always having a tale of two halves we might go deep in the tourney, but I doubt it now.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='454927' date='Mar 10 2007, 04:41 PM']The call was only controversial because it is so rare. Lane violations almost always occur when a player steps into the lane prior to the free throw being released, not the other way around. And in fact, it was Tubby's fault, he's admitted as much, he called Sheray off the line just before the ref passed the ball to Meeks for his second free throw.
It was a very Bengal-esque way to lose a game that for all practical purposes was in the bag, which is what made it so disheartening.
I certainly don't have a good feeling about our chances in the tournament as we'll likely get a 10-13 seed and have to play somebody good in the first round.
But I guess you never know. If we could just play a whole game instead of always having a tale of two halves we might go deep in the tourney, but I doubt it now.[/quote]
[color="#FF0000"]
[b]Get over it already........ 9 seeds.[/b][/color] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/19.gif[/img]

[quote name='ONYX' post='454933' date='Mar 10 2007, 04:50 PM'][color="#FF0000"]
[b]Get over it already........ 9 seeds.[/b][/color] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/19.gif[/img][/quote]
I'll happily accept a 9 seed, but we don't deserve one and probably won't get one either.
I am getting a feeling that Duke and UK will be about evenly seeded and have to play each other in the first round.
That would be the greatest first round game ever, two programs that are historically great, both having "off" years, having to "duke" it out in the first round....it would be a barnburner, and a game that I think UK could very well win, since Christian Laettner doesn't play anymore!

Guest LeakyBengal
[quote name='JC' post='455302' date='Mar 11 2007, 05:31 PM']KY a 8 seed against Nova...uh oh.
Same bracket as duke. The west is stacked.[/quote]

UK is one and done. If they happen to get by Nova they will get destroyed by Kansas.

Guest steggyD
[quote name='Storm' post='455332' date='Mar 11 2007, 07:22 PM']Kansas fans have to be pissed at looking at a 2nd round matchup against UK
If we get past Villanova we are beating Kansas and going deep into the tourney. Thats the feeling I have[/quote]
I feel that way also.

[quote name='Storm' post='455332' date='Mar 11 2007, 05:22 PM']Kansas fans have to be pissed at looking at a 2nd round matchup against UK
If we get past Villanova we are beating Kansas and going deep into the tourney. Thats the feeling I have[/quote]
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Ah well, there's always hope. It isn't as if we don't have talented players or a tournament-ready coach. We just need to play two complete halves of basketball instead of this constant come-from-behind bullshit that we've been caught up in.
That sound you are hearing is Tubby's ass sizzling in the Kentucky Hot Seat right now....