OFFICIAL UK BASKETBALL THREAD!!!!!!!

Bunghole

[quote name='Storm' post='458428' date='Mar 18 2007, 04:20 PM']36-30 at the half
The difference in the game is Joe Crawford who hijacked the last 6 minutes of the game, he needs to realize is is a role player and not a superstar[/quote]
That and Jasper is in over his head. He's too tall to guard the quick KU guards and too inexperienced to be relied upon to handle the ball much. Plus he has almost zero offensive game. I'd ride Morris and Meeks all the way to glory.
Bobby Perry is going to have to continue to have a good contributing role as well.
Crawford is one of if not our leading scorer, he's just one of those guys that doesn't have enough explosiveness to take matters into his own hands, he needs to keep his head in the team effort and let the game come to him.
We do all that, we win.

The game isn't over, but it really is. 5 minutes to go and UK down by 15...
Good game Kansas. We just don't have the horses, experience nor the outside shooters to beat a team llike Kansas when they are on, and they were ON.
That Rush motherfucker, could he miss a three now and again, please?
UK's spirit is broken now, it's over.

[quote name='The_Joker' post='458446' date='Mar 18 2007, 05:48 PM']Good game UK...I think next year UK will be better. I also think Tubby is still your guy for now. But he better do something and go deep next year or he may be gone.[/quote]
We don't lose anyone of note due to graduation, and if Morris comes back and our recruiting class proves to be as good as it's supposed to be....we'll be dancing again next year easy.
And as for Kansas, I am now rooting for them to win it all, logic being: "Hey, that's the best team in the country my team lost to!"
Plus, this is the best-looking KU team I've seen in a long time. They are long, lean, three-shooting, fast motherfuckers with a great coach and a deep bench.
They very well could take it all.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='458452' date='Mar 18 2007, 08:32 PM']We don't lose anyone of note due to graduation, and if Morris comes back and our recruiting class proves to be as good as it's supposed to be....we'll be dancing again next year easy.
And as for Kansas, I am now rooting for them to win it all, logic being: "Hey, that's the best team in the country my team lost to!"
Plus, this is the best-looking KU team I've seen in a long time. They are long, lean, three-shooting, fast motherfuckers with a great coach and a deep bench.
They very well could take it all.[/quote]
It has been blowing me away that they were the last No 1 chosen... I have been watching a shit load of their games this year and when they beat Fla. on a neutral court I thought they were a pretty good team and could go deep this year...unlike the last 2... <_<

They really have been getting no love this year at all...the press has been hanging from Oden's balls OSU's balls all year...that team is sooooo overrated. I think they are better without Oden on the floor.

[quote name='The_Joker' post='458454' date='Mar 18 2007, 08:38 PM']It has been blowing me away that they were the last No 1 chosen... I have been watching a shit load of their games this year and when they beat Fla. on a neutral court I thought they were a pretty good team and could go deep this year...unlike the last 2... <_<

They really have been getting no love this year at all...the press has been hanging from Oden's balls OSU's balls all year...that team is sooooo overrated. I think they are better without Oden on the floor.[/quote]
I think the fact that they were the last chosen number was due to some of the losses to the shitty teams. Oral Roberts and Depaul.

[quote name='JC' post='458457' date='Mar 18 2007, 06:42 PM']I think the fact that they were the last chosen number was due to some of the losses to the shitty teams. Oral Roberts and Depaul.[/quote]
That's exactly why, but in the end, it didn't really hurt them at all. KU has a very winnable bracket right now, especially given how good they are.

Guest LeakyBengal
[quote name='Bunghole' post='458452' date='Mar 18 2007, 07:32 PM']We don't lose anyone of note due to graduation, and if Morris comes back and [b]our recruiting class proves to be as good as it's supposed to be[/b]....we'll be dancing again next year easy.
They very well could take it all.[/quote]

We have two players signed. One a 7 footer who is out of basketball. If we lose Randolph and don't get Patterson or Lucas we are fucked.

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='458503' date='Mar 19 2007, 02:51 AM']We have two players signed. One a 7 footer who is out of basketball. If we lose Randolph and [b] don't get Patterson [s]or[/s] and Lucas we are fucked[/b].[/quote]

We should have blue chip players waiting in line to play for us

Guest LeakyBengal
I'm not smart enough to know what you mean by that but if you mean we have other top 100 players waiting if we don't sign Jai or Pat then you are wrong. If you are saying that we have a bunch of scrubs waiting for if we don't sign Jai or Pat you'd be right.

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='458680' date='Mar 19 2007, 03:25 PM']I'm not smart enough to know what you mean by that but if you mean we have other top 100 players waiting if we don't sign Jai or Pat then you are wrong. If you are saying that we have a bunch of scrubs waiting for if we don't sign Jai or Pat you'd be right.[/quote]

The latter

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='459191' date='Mar 20 2007, 03:19 PM']Patterson to Florida per Fox Radio....
FUCK![/quote]

Thas ok, I'm sure we can find a couple of Sherray Thomas's and Bobbie Perry's in the scrap heap instead

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='459191' date='Mar 20 2007, 11:19 AM']Patterson to Florida per Fox Radio....
FUCK![/quote]
Are you fucking kidding me?

I thought he was only supposed to narrow his choices this week?

Edit:couldn't find anything anywhere?

[quote name='JC' post='459461' date='Mar 20 2007, 11:52 PM']Are you fucking kidding me?

I thought he was only supposed to narrow his choices this week?

Edit:couldn't find anything anywhere?[/quote]

Its BS, just a bad rumor

• 3 weeks later...
Players reactions to the new coach Billy Gillespie

[quote]3 Ramel Bradley, Jr.

On Coach Gillispie’s style of play…
“It sounds good. I’m looking forward to his style, to stay aggressive, and put up some shots. Sounds like we’ll run a little more and you know I like that.”

On the last two weeks…
“It’s been crazy, a weird feeling. To lose a coach, and then get one so soon, it’s all just shocking, just need to regroup a little. We all tried to handle the situation together, and the best we could. Things happened quickly, but that’s life, and you just need to deal with change sometimes.”

On meeting Coach Gillispie for the first time and possibility of him leaving…
“He just gave me a smile, and all I can do is welcome him with an open mind, and smile back. I never thought about leaving, so it’s pretty easy to welcome a new coach. I just need to regroup, let it all soak in, and move forward the best I can.”

#43 Jared Carter, So.

On the progress of his shoulder…
“Right now I am about 95% healed, and I should be able to start practicing in about a month. I’m already in the weight room, and it really feels like nothing has happened to it.”

On his first impression of Coach Gillispie…
“We had a meeting earlier this morning, and he told us he was ready to get to work and prepare for next season. He doesn’t want to wait and feel things out. He wants to get started right away.”

#32 Joe Crawford, Jr.

On the change to a new coach…
“Change can be good. Everyone’s positive, and we’ll move forward as a team and do what we need to do.”

On the rumors of different coaches the past couple of weeks…
“It was pretty tough to hear some of the rumors. We all tried not to think about it, but it was obviously there. We have a coach to lead us now, and some directions, so I think we’re all ready to move forward.”

“I like that he talked about aggressiveness on both offense and defense. His style should work here with the guys we already have here. It will be more exciting, and I’m excited for the new start.”

#22 Ramon Harris, Fr.

On meeting Coach Gillispie the first time…
“It was good. He came in and I could tell he was very excited to be here and that is one of the things that we like to see as players. We want to see someone who wants to be here and he definitely showed us that. He showed us that he is the type of coach that is open and he is the type of coach that you can rely on.”

On coming in midseason then getting a new coach…
“To be honest I felt settled here about midway through the season. I knew that there was going to be a point of time that my name was going too be called and I wanted to be ready for that point of time. Now Coach Gillispie is here I am excited about getting the chance to work hard for him.”

#5 Derrick Jasper, Fr.

On meeting Coach Gillispie for the first time…
"I think he’s a great guy and a great coach. It was a little awkward at first, because we didn’t know what to expect. As soon as we heard him give us a speech we knew he was the right man for the job. He told us he wants to cut down some nets, and he gave us confidence.”

“I like what he said about letting his players initiate the style. I think he will play to the talent of the players.”

#21 Perry Stevenson, Fr.

On his reaction upon hearing who the coach would be…
“I didn’t know what to say because I really didn’t know what type of guy he was. He talked about what we wanted to accomplish here in terms of academics, on the court, and staying together as a family.”

On whether or not he thought about leaving Kentucky after Coach Smith resigned…
“I didn’t think about it much, because that would mean leaving the best program in the country. I’m going to stay here.”

courtesy of Ukathletics[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Kentucky lands highly sought power forward Patterson

Patrick Patterson ended his recruiting saga Wednesday by committing to Kentucky.

"I've always liked Kentucky, the basketball program, the fan support, everything about Kentucky," said Patterson, a McDonald’s All-American from West Virginia. "But the deciding factor was distance wise. I will like it for people from home to be able to come and see me play."

A 6-foot-8 power forward, Patterson chose Kentucky over Florida and Duke, in turn passing on the opportunity to play with friend Jai Lucas, who committed to the Gators on Monday. Consequently, Billy Donovan missed on the chance to secure what would've probably been the consensus best class in the nation. But there's no need to feel sorry for Florida, which should still be competitive in the SEC next season thanks to other elite prospects like Nick Calathes, Alex Tyus and Chandler Parsons.

As for Kentucky, this is huge and another tangible sign that new coach Billy Gillispie is capable of recruiting at the highest level. Patterson figures to be plugged into a starting frontcourt slot where he'll be surrounded by a talented group of guards led by Joe Crawford, Ramel Bradley and Jodie Meeks, plus incoming freshman Alex Legion. And though that's not good enough to unseat Tennessee as the league favorite, it's difficult to find many SEC schools with better overall talent despite this being a perceived rebuilding phase thanks to Tubby Smith's departure to Minnesota.

[url="http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10184663"]http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10184663[/url]

:thumbsup:

Guest LeakyBengal

[img]http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/1729/336070516pattersonscb35zz4.jpg[/img]

This is great news!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I hope Jai feels stupid. He should have come to UK as well. Doesn't matter. We got Alex Legion. Our class is awesome. Three highly ranked recruits in Legion, Patterson and Stewart. And we have a scholly left over that can be used for the 08 class. BLUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
It appears Darius Miller has decided to go to Kentucky.

Kentucky fans just need to accept that the college basketball landscape has changed and they shouldn't expect to land top recruits.

Signed,

Every coach that enjoyed Kentucky not being in the mix for top talent and every analysis that enjoyed Kentucky being on the same level as Vandy.