OFFICIAL UK BASKETBALL THREAD!!!!!!!

Bunghole

[quote name='#22' post='647819' date='Apr 1 2008, 05:57 PM']Marvin Stone died today as well, at the age of 26.

Also, Hopson committed to UT.[/quote]
Sorry to hear about Marvin Stone...

And, I apologize if this is shallow

Whoo!!! hoo!!! With Hopson in the fold all we need is for Tyler Smith to come back for one more season (which he realistically should) and we'll be deeper and should be better than last year.

If this board can have a whole posting topic just pimping Terrelle Pryor and him going to OSU I can at least address Hopson to UT in one simple post, can't I?

Again, hate to hear such a young guy leaving so soon. Sad really.

Oh, I heard Gillespie is in the running for the Oklahoma State job... surely that is just media speculation. Why would he leave the Kentucky job for OK St.???

• 4 weeks later...
The hits keep coming for BCG. Josh Harrelsson committed today over St. Louis, Indiana, OSU, etc., and Dominique Ferguson committed, as well. He is the #10 ranked player for 2010 and is a 6'9" Power Forward with a 7'5" wingspan.

• 6 months later...
[quote name='Jason' post='723672' date='Nov 14 2008, 11:40 PM'][b][size=5]VMI?????

at home????[/size][/b]

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:[/quote]
I didn't even bother to follow this game, but I have to assume that UK lost based on your reaction. More to follow.
Really?
Fuck...

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='723682' date='Nov 15 2008, 12:32 AM']lmao. UK has some good talent on the team but billy g is a TERRIBLE coach. i hate UK and love seeing UK fans pissed so i hope billy g hangs around for a while.[/quote]

go fuck yourself... VMI plays a crazy ass up tempo game and billy plays 95% man to man and never budges from it... We are not in good enough shape for that yet, but we'll all see who is laughing at the end of the year... We have way too much talent to not be good this year...

The NC game could get ugly though...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='723728' date='Nov 15 2008, 11:33 AM']go fuck yourself... VMI plays a crazy ass up tempo game and billy plays 95% man to man and never budges from it... We are not in good enough shape for that yet, but we'll all see who is laughing at the end of the year... We have way too much talent to not be good this year...

The NC game could get ugly though...[/quote]

You guys also lost to Gardner-Webb last year in the beginning of the season. Not saying your season is shot or anything close to it, but for me that would be a red flag for Gillispie's coaching ability. Not showing up early for teams you have no business losing to is not good.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='723756' date='Nov 15 2008, 03:34 PM']You guys also lost to Gardner-Webb last year in the beginning of the season. Not saying your season is shot or anything close to it, but for me that would be a red flag for Gillispie's coaching ability. Not showing up early for teams you have no business losing to is not good.[/quote]
Not totally disagreeing with the part about losing to what's supposed to be an inferior opponent and all, but in fairness, UK will be in the NCAA tournament this season and VMI will not. We would also beat VMI 9 out of 10 games.

UK has loads of talent right now, but some of that talent is pretty raw and young and won't be reliably consistent until the second half of the season.

I agree that it sucks, but these types of upsets are becoming more and more common in collegiate sports. It's also only one game out of many. We'll be allright.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='725295' date='Nov 18 2008, 09:45 PM']I think Kentucky just doesn't have the talent, straight up. They'll be an #8 - 10 seed in March, at best.[/quote]
28 turnovers from a UK squad...jeez, that's bad. The kicker is two of UNC's best players were on the bench!

UK has talented players, but some of them are very young, and as a team they just don't look like they're on the same page with each other.

Damn. I just had to be a Bengals, Reds and UK fan this year. The Reds better not suck next season dammit! When do pitchers and catchers report?

:lol:

[quote name='Bunghole' post='725347' date='Nov 19 2008, 09:39 AM']28 turnovers from a UK squad...jeez, that's bad. The kicker is two of UNC's best players were on the bench!

UK has talented players, but some of them are very young, and as a team they just don't look like they're on the same page with each other.

Damn. I just had to be a Bengals, Reds and UK fan this year. The Reds better not suck next season dammit! When do pitchers and catchers report?

:lol:[/quote]

The only winners in town right now play at Nippert Stadium, and they'll be taking on Pitt Saturday evening with the Big East title and a BCS bid on the line. Come early, be loud, wear red.

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='725415' date='Nov 19 2008, 02:23 PM']The only winners in town right now play at Nippert Stadium, and they'll be taking on Pitt Saturday evening with the Big East title and a BCS bid on the line. Come early, be loud, wear red.[/quote]
I'm rooting for them to win the Big East. Especially since as you say, they're the only game in town.

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='725415' date='Nov 19 2008, 03:23 PM']The only winners in town right now play at Nippert Stadium, and they'll be taking on Pitt Saturday evening with the Big East title and a BCS bid on the line. Come early, be loud, wear red.[/quote]

You forgot the team that plays in the Shoe at 5/3rd Arena.

[quote name='Jason' post='725883' date='Nov 20 2008, 04:20 PM']You forgot the team that plays in the Shoe at 5/3rd Arena.[/quote]
Let's not get hasty! UC's Big East B-ball schedule is a LOT more brutal than their football schedule. And they haven't proven anything yet.

You know, it's funny...I always hated UC's b-ball program but I kinda like their football team.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='725911' date='Nov 20 2008, 06:02 PM']Let's not get hasty! UC's Big East B-ball schedule is a LOT more brutal than their football schedule. And they haven't proven anything yet.

You know, it's funny...I always hated UC's b-ball program but I kinda like their football team.[/quote]

Yes, the Big East is a tough BB conference, but the talent level at UC is SOO much higher than it has been the past couple years, I believe they will at least have a winning record this year.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='steggyD' post='728389' date='Nov 30 2008, 11:51 AM']We did ok out in Las Vegas. Low scoring affair in the WV game, but we won a couple in a row against colleges that I have heard of ... need better point guard play.[/quote]
PG is our biggest weakness. We are set inside, but unfotunately, Patterson will bail after this year. Still, we have great recruits coming in.

But it's nice to win that invitational and beat a team like WVU (and KSU) that are/were ranked and/or worthy teams.

Still doesn't erase VMI, but...we're getting there. I think we'll be MUCH better later in the year than we are now. There's a lot of new players in there trying to adapt and learn BG's system, which even the veteran players are still getting the hang of.