OFFICIAL UK BASKETBALL THREAD!!!!!!!

Bunghole

Bump-chicka-bump-chicka-bump-chicka-bow-wow!

CYA Indiana!

This team is so Jekyll and Hyde right now. How about Harrellson and Stevenson???

Stevenson can be a shot-blocking machine when his head is in the game.

I remain unimpressed by Liggins. He throws away too many balls on errant passes and too much dipsy-doo bullshit.

This team though, could be quite good come tournament time.

Whaddya Kentucky fans think?

[quote name='#22' post='733845' date='Dec 20 2008, 02:42 PM']In other news, Jodie Meeks just went for 46 points against App. State.[/quote]
Yah, I heard that on the radio on the way home from work. Nice job UK, now hurry up and get into your SEC schedule and beat some ranked teams!

Oh yeah, Louisville is coming up soon too. I'd REALLY like to hang a win on those guys and Pitino.

[quote name='#22' post='733850' date='Dec 20 2008, 04:36 PM']Tubby just did!
:lol:[/quote]
I saw that...hilarious.

And can we also now put to rest the notion that Xavier deserves to be ranked in the top ten? I am assuming they lost, but I heard a halftime score of 55-24! Jeebus that's an ass-whooping!

We are scoring in bunches against nobodies right now, hopefully it translates into a big win against the hated Cardinals, who seem to be in a weird tailspin of their own.

But they will get up for UK, so we better be ready for them.

I cannot describe in words how badly I want UK to beat UL and Pitino, particularly this year. BADLY.

[quote name='#22' post='733845' date='Dec 20 2008, 02:42 PM']In other news, Jodie Meeks just went for 46 points against App. State.[/quote]

I don't like you anymore, #22, because every time you post I am compelled to watch the video in your sig, and I waste two minutes and forty-eight seconds of my life. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='#22' post='739725' date='Jan 14 2009, 12:19 AM']Noone's talking about Meek's 54 points!

A school record. We could be looking at an Elite 8 team if he stays healthy.[/quote]
It was awesome to behold. I have not seen a UK player on fire like that in years! My favorite play was (second half?) when Meeks received the ball in the corner near the baseline, was immediately doubled and dished it to a wide-open Patterson for the dunk. If you're leaving a player of Patterson's caliber open because you're so scared of Meeks, that's saying something about the night he was having!

[quote name='scharm' post='739839' date='Jan 14 2009, 10:10 AM']I swear a couple of Meeks's shots looked like the didn't even touch the net. I think the most enjoyable part is the Vols getting close then Meeks pours in a quick 3, back up to double digit lead.

I also love the fact the Vols mens team plays in a shrine to Summit.[/quote]
I noticed that too...the net would just quiver oh-so-slightly and then there was the ball out the bottom...

Meeks is finally being included in NPOTY talk, which is good.

this meant something to me:
[url="http://cdn1.libsyn.com/deener/Issell_1.wav?nvb=20090114153948&nva=20090115154948&t=0ff49e2c9998986299953"]http://cdn1.libsyn.com/deener/Issell_1.wav...2c9998986299953[/url]

Compared to the Conference USA, we should be fine.

[img]http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0114/pg2_kentucky_300.jpg[/img]
3 things wrong with this picture:
Meeks scored his 54th on a Free Throw
Why is his name on the front?
That fire extinguisher on the bottom left

• 4 weeks later...
Oh how the mighty have fallen! Sitting at 16-4, just breaking into the top 25 for the first time, and we drop three in a fucking ROW! Billy G is officially on the UK hotseat now. We are 16-7, and if we don't win 6-7 of our final 8 games, we also won't make the NCAA tourney unless we pull a stunner in the SEC tounrament.

This team doesn't have enough quality role players that can score when Meeks and Patterson aren't having good games, and we still turn the damn ball over WAY too much. That damn Liggins is going to give me a fucking heart attack!

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='745307' date='Feb 9 2009, 12:10 AM']What a terrible year for the SEC in college hoops. It's like every program is having a down year at once.[/quote]
Yeah. And what a strong year for the Big East, although Notre Dame, Georgetown and Syracuse seem to be falling off the map a bit. Cincinnati may very well make the tournament this year if they finish .500 or better in the conference. UC is playing pretty well right now.

But my team is decidedly NOT playing well. Are there ANY SEC teams in the top 25 right now? I don't think there are..maybe Florida (whom we play next).

Sigh