OFFICIAL UK BASKETBALL THREAD!!!!!!!

Bunghole

[quote name='#22' post='759715' date='Mar 29 2009, 09:09 PM']Calipari is a scumbag.

Calipari=#22 :suicide:

It would be good for the team, but bad for the program, if that makes sense.[/quote]
He is indeed a sketchy cat. He gets a ton of one and dones. Interesting. Hopefully UK doesn't get burnt, because grabbing Cal is playing with fire.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='759694' date='Mar 30 2009, 07:53 AM']Donovan is wishy-washy, and I think Calipari really covets the job, so I hope he gets it. He's a great recruiter and a good coach.[/quote]
How in the hell was Donovan wishy-washy? He said he had no interest in the gig within an hour of it becoming available. :lol:

[quote name='Bengal Migration' post='759736' date='Mar 29 2009, 10:31 PM']How in the hell was Donovan wishy-washy? He said he had no interest in the gig within an hour of it becoming available. :lol:[/quote]
**Before Billy G**

"Gee, I don't know, yea, I'm accepting the UK job", "no, I am going to be the Miami Heat's new coach, they are throwing ridiculous money at me"

"NO. I'm going to stay at FLorida"

"Wow, the UK job is available AGAIN? Sign me up!"

"Damn, I can't take that job"

Fuck Billy D and his indeciseveness.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='759326' date='Mar 28 2009, 07:36 AM']I'm just stoked that they have the guy in place that they wanted instead of Billy G. I didn't want them to just fire Gillispie without having a successor already lined up.

Weird how this all turned out. Got the guy we wanted in the first place, and their names are seperated by one letter. Goodbye Billy G, hello Billy D![/quote]

[quote name='Bunghole' post='759738' date='Mar 30 2009, 12:45 PM']Fuck Billy D and his indeciseveness.[/quote]

Yeah, Billy D is the indecisive one! :P

*ducks*

Looking more and more like it's going to be John Cal... He'd be able to instantly bring two top recruits (too lazy to look them up) that would be enough to make Kentucky a very good team next year. He's certainly earned his reputation, but he's never been in trouble at Memphis, so as long as he' stays out of trouble, and I have no reason to think he would at Kentucky, then he'd be a great hire in terms of results on the court.

Yeah, he would probably bring John Wall (the Rivals.com #1 overall player-a strong lean to Memphis), and DeMarcus Cousins (the #2 overall player-committed but not signed). I'm not sure that Xavier Henry (#3 overall) or Nolan Dennis (#47 overall) would be allowed to transfer, but usually this is not an issue when there is a coaching change.

Add that to #22 ranked Daniel Orton and #32 ranked Jon Hood, and go on Patterson and Meek's words that they'll be coming back, and your team looks like this:

PG John Wall
SG Jodie Meeks
SF Darius Miller
PF Patrick Patterson
C Daniel Orton

PG DeAndre Liggins
F DeMarcus Cousins
C Matthew Pilgrim
SG Jon Hood
PF Poptarts Stevenson
SG Xavier Henry?
SG Nolan Dennis?

That's a pretty good NBA team, but I'm not sure how long Cal's success at UK would last before the NCAA came after us.

I don't think that Wall is exactly a strong memphis lean. He listed Memphis as a favorite but he is far away from making a definate decision. He wants to be fairly close because of his moms health. At least that is what i have saw. He is considering Baylor as well though, but thats because his AAU coach is on the staff. So UK could be a possibility.

I'm hoping after his meeting with K and walking around campus with his AAU teamate Ryan Kelly on campus has got him hooked.

But Xavier Henry and Cousins may be a possibilty. They certainly wouldn't sit on the bench though. Thats for sure.

Henry wouldn't start over Meeks and Cousins would not start over Patterson.

[url="http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/mar/30/source-calipari-meets-players-hints-departure/"]http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/...ints-departure/[/url]
fffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

[quote name='#22' post='759796' date='Mar 30 2009, 11:11 AM']Henry wouldn't start over Meeks and Cousins would not start over Patterson.

[url="http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/mar/30/source-calipari-meets-players-hints-departure/"]http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/...ints-departure/[/url]
fffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-[/quote]

Cousins would be a top 3 player in the NCAA. He would be a pro if there wasnt a rule against it. I am a huge patterson fan but he isnt anyhwere NEAR cousins level.

[quote name='scharm' post='759846' date='Mar 30 2009, 03:49 PM']What makes cold beer popular?[/quote]

its for idiots?

[quote name='#22' post='759796' date='Mar 30 2009, 12:11 PM']Henry wouldn't start over Meeks and Cousins would not start over Patterson.

fffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-[/quote]
Henry would start somewhere..he is the number one SG in the country.

And what makes you think Cousins wouldn't start over Orton?

I think this is stupid regardless, as i don't think all these guys are gonna follow Cal to UK if he goes. They are looking to be the main guys on their team, not play second fiddle to meeks and patterson.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='759883' date='Mar 30 2009, 07:34 PM']Big beer drinker, are you?

UK needs a fucking quality point guard, and now.[/quote]
It doesn't look like its gonna be Mr. Wall..

But with Meeks, Orton, and Patterson they should be pretty good. It's rumored Cal is bringing 3 guys from memphis with him and bumping a couple of UK players of a scholarship. Thats kind of shitty. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. I love college ball and all the drama that goes into recruiting and such.

[quote name='JC' post='759889' date='Mar 30 2009, 06:14 PM']It doesn't look like its gonna be Mr. Wall..

But with Meeks, Orton, and Patterson they should be pretty good. It's rumored Cal is bringing 3 guys from memphis with him and bumping a couple of UK players of a scholarship. Thats kind of shitty. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. I love college ball and all the drama that goes into recruiting and such.[/quote]
I don't think it's a given that Meeks and Patterson will be back, despite what they've been saying.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='759880' date='Mar 30 2009, 06:54 PM']Cousins would be a top 3 player in the NCAA. He would be a pro if there wasnt a rule against it. I am a huge patterson fan but he isnt anyhwere NEAR cousins level.[/quote]
Patrick was the #3 ranked PF in 2007, a slightly better class, plus he has 2 years in the NCAAs. I was very excited when I thought UK had a chance to get Cousins and still like the prospect of him playing for UK (though I'm not sure about the new HC), but Patterson and Cousins are at least a push in terms of skill at this point. One is [i]beloved[/i] by the fans and is a Junior, the other is a freshman.

Patterson would start.

This reminds me of when BlackJesus (where is he, by the way) said that Tim Krumrie wasn't fit to hold Corey Simon's jock.

[quote name='#22' post='759900' date='Mar 30 2009, 08:20 PM']Patrick was the #3 ranked PF in 2007, a slightly better class, plus he has 2 years in the NCAAs. I was very excited when I thought UK had a chance to get Cousins and still like the prospect of him playing for UK (though I'm not sure about the new HC), but Patterson and Cousins are at least a push in terms of skill at this point. One is [i]beloved[/i] by the fans and is a Junior, the other is a freshman.

Patterson would start.

This reminds me of when BlackJesus (where is he, by the way) said that Tim Krumrie wasn't fit to hold Corey Simon's jock.[/quote]

not really. BJ is a busy man and we know he doesnt watch much football outside of the bengals. i definitely know patrick patterson and demarcus cousins quite well. cousins is definitely the better post player of the 2 and will be a presence that is feared whether tehy have a top PG or not. he will get rebounds to get his shots and not need to be set up as perfectly as patterson needs it. patterson is very good but he likes to disappear in games too. cousins wont disappear unless he is in foul trouble.

[quote]its for idiots?[/quote]

Idiots with 7 national championships and the most wins in college basketball history.

I don't know why the Kentucky job is so popular, I think it's just good. No reason to question it.

I have to say, I don't spend a whole lot of time wondering why Greaters Ice is so popluar either. It's just good.

[quote name='#22' post='760143' date='Mar 31 2009, 08:01 PM']The '96 team will pale in comparison to what Cal is about to do at UK. I just hope that they don't get busted for it.[/quote]
You know, it's funny...people go on and on how Calipari ruined UMASS and how Memphis was his "second chance" and all...and I'm sure there was some shit going on and all...but Wikipedia mentions [i]none[/i] of it in his profile. Nothing. Not even a whiff of controversy.

Interesting.

And quite honestly, I think that all the big programs cheat (see: UCONN this year), it becomes a "how bad you cheated and do you get caught" kinda issue.

I like it if Calipari is our new coach. He's a farsight better than Clyde and his womanizing, drinking, DUI's, inattention to detail (despite his self-proclaimed hard work ethic), inability to grasp the UK basketball fanbase and culture, and general dismissiveness of just about anything he didn't deem worthy of caring about.

I think I will end up liking this better than if we hired Donovan, whom is seemingly pretty flaky, and whom is now probably shaking at the prospect of Florida being unseated as the top dog in SEC basketball.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='760141' date='Mar 31 2009, 08:52 PM']He's bringing recruits and word is John Wall will be heading to UK.[/quote]
Please tell me you don't have a credible source for that..