OFFICIAL UK BASKETBALL THREAD!!!!!!!

Bunghole

[quote name='IKOTA' post='773835' date='May 6 2009, 12:15 PM']Eric Bledsoe apparently will commit to UK...........he's a really good PG and defensive machine who has been upgraded to a 5-star recruit. His eligibility at this point is 50-50 but still a good get.[/quote]
Yeah. He has to get a B on a summer math class. If i remember correctly it's online. He better hope so because he scored a 17 on his ACT..and thats not very good..at all.

I'm sure if it's online Mr. Bledsoe probably won't see any math this summer.

Dude it cut as hell though..he reminds me of Demarcus Nelson body-wise.

• 2 weeks later...

According to Jody Demling's twitter ( :rolleyes: ), one of the 3 teams involved in the John Wall sweepstakes has given him a deadline of tomorrow.

At this point, I would like for him to go to Miami, then UK, then Duke. As great as Wall is (He looks almost Lebron-good in his Highschool clips), signing him prohibits us from really using Bledsoe, unless he is a backup for one year and then starts next year. Cal has a history of sucessfully recruiting over guys, so maybe that's the thinking going into this whole thing.

[quote name='#22' post='776299' date='May 14 2009, 06:48 PM']According to Jody Demling's twitter ( :rolleyes: ), one of the 3 teams involved in the John Wall sweepstakes has given him a deadline of tomorrow.

At this point, I would like for him to go to Miami, then UK, then Duke. As great as Wall is (He looks almost Lebron-good in his Highschool clips), signing him prohibits us from really using Bledsoe, unless he is a backup for one year and then starts next year. Cal has a history of sucessfully recruiting over guys, so maybe that's the thinking going into this whole thing.[/quote]
I'd be willing to bet Duke wasn't that team even though it would make the most sense for it to be them with not wanting to play the waiting game and such.

We have [b]3[/b] guards on the roster next year. We need John desperately and with Bledsoe not being out there anymore we have no other options. I don't think it would be Miami either, well because they need John Wall the worst. I have to think it's UK but i really don't think Cal would do that.

This guy must be spewing some doo-doo.

I still can't believe Bledsoe is going to be playing D-1 ball next year.

Edit;

Apparently it's both UK and Duke giving the ultimatum. John has said there will be news this week. And he is looking to be in UK next year. I think i would bet on it. They got a good one.

[quote name='#22' post='776334' date='May 14 2009, 08:28 PM'][img]http://www.byroncrawford.com/rumours.jpg[/img]

You're just talking grades-wise, right?[/quote]
It seems pretty legit. Over on The Devils Den some UK posters are talking about how K gave him one and Cal gave one as well from members on the inside. Now it has come out John is going to make a decision pretty soon so it sounds like they are done with John fucking around with everything.

It makes me think that Wall is going to commit to UK this weekend.

Yeah. A 17 on the ACT is just terrible. Incredible point guard. Just not very bright..at all.

[quote name='#22' post='777252' date='May 19 2009, 02:43 AM']I have the feeling that Wall is a Cane in the next 24 hours, based on the smoke on the internets.[/quote]
[b]HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS[/b]
[url="http://slamonline.com/online/college-hs/college/2009/05/breaking-news-john-wall-to-kentucky/"]http://slamonline.com/online/college-hs/co...ll-to-kentucky/[/url]

Granted, it's slamonline, but why not jump to conclusions a little bit just for shits and giggles

Kentucky had the unanimous #1 Recruiting class in the country before picking this kid up (http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=943852#rank), and now they've CATapulted themselves (get it?) into a serious discussion for the #1 class of all time.

Stolen from KSR, a breakdown of the other two super classes of the past 20 years:
[img]http://new.kentuckysportsradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/fab5.gif[/img]

vs.

#1 OVR-PG John Wall
#2 OVR-PF DeMarcus Cousins
#22 OVR-C Daniel Orton
#23 OVR-PG Eric Bledsoe
#40 OVR-SG Jon Hood
and Darnell Dodson, a 4* JUCO SF who I know very little about

Pair this class up with two returning players who were late first/early second round picks (assuming Meeks comes back), and there is no team in the country that will be able to touch the Cats based on talent next year. I'm not sure how Calipari managed to do this in about 6 weeks, but I know skeptiCAL (get it?) UK fans like myself and jealous pricks following lesser programs will have some doubts about the whole thing.

Of course, Tubby couldn't do much with the last #1 Overall class of 2004 that featured:
#9 Overall-Shooting Guard Joe Crawford (last seen in the black hole called the Knicks)
#10 Overall-Center Randolph Morris (played in 23 games for Atlanta this year)
#25 Overall-Point Guard Rajon Rondo (I think he wound up averaging a Triple Double in the playoffs. Dunked on Dwight Howard)
#91 Overall-Shooting Guard Ramel Bradley (last seen in a sweet Kige Ramsey interview)
Add in star transfer Patrick Sparks (who was awesome) and Adam "Marshall" Williams, and baby, you got a stew goin'. Or so we thought.

Just imagine if they would have grabbed Xavier Henry. That would have been so super nasty.

regardless..the class is bad. It's going to take UK from the NIT to more than likely the NCAA championship for a matchup with Kansas with Kansas probably being the favorite overall next year.

Next year will probably be a pretty weak year in the SEC again so UK should have no problem there. Things are def. looking up for UK..but they could be in some trouble after Meeks Patt Cousins and Wall leave after next year.

I'm sure Cal has got it turned around..but he has a lot of his cookies in the one and done jar..and you can't win consistently in the SEC without returning some players.

And the John Wall sweepstakes has probably been done for awhile..I think John knew where he was going even before he visited Miami.

We have some serious firepower now. I agree that this looks like a "next year or bust" scenario, but maybe we can get a few of these guys that aren't juniors or seniors to stay at least another year. Plus, Calipari is always going to be bringing in elite recruiting classes every year just like he did at Memphis. His name is out there in the bigtime now. Kids want to play for him because they know he's a winner and he gets them into the NBA.

Watch out world, here we come!

I am so happy for my Wildcats now.

UK is loaded. I disagree with anyone saying it's boom or bust. Cal put together the #1 class for UK in about 2 months. UK is national player again and will be for many years.

UK is a top job in college basketball and now they just have coach that can get top players.

They don't hand out national championships so that's not what I'm trying to say, but the days of UK being NCAA bubble team for 4 straight years are over.

[quote name='scharm' post='777385' date='May 19 2009, 01:52 PM']UK is loaded. I disagree with anyone saying it's boom or bust. Cal put together the #1 class for UK in about 2 months. UK is national player again and will be for many years.

UK is a top job in college basketball and now they just have coach that can get top players.

They don't hand out national championships so that's not what I'm trying to say, but the days of UK being NCAA bubble team for 4 straight years are over.[/quote]
By boom or bust I only meant with this current group of players. Meeks (if he comes back) and Patterson will certainly be gone after next season (not sure who actually graduates), as will guys like Wall that will probably only play a year. But no matter, because Cal will bring in other guys next year. And the next.

I would suspect that Bledsoe, Hood, and probably Orton come back next year, and Patterson said at his presser that the Senior Year is not out of the question. He will graduate after this season, but if he feels like he can help his stock out some more, it's not completely crazy to think he may come back.

The following 2010ers have Kentucky Listed:

#1 Brandon Knight-G
#2 Harrison Barnes-F
#5 Josh Smith-C
#7 Will Barton-G
#8 Adreian Payne-F
#10 Dominique Ferguson-F (Previously committed to UK)
#11 Jelan Kendrick-F
#16 Roscoe Smith-F
#17 Joe Jackson-G (I think he picks UK, based on previous love of Memphis. I will make dozens of Joe Jackson puns)
#21 Kyrie Irving-G
#22 Cameron Clark-F
#24 Doron Lamb-G (From Mouth of Wilson, VA. Don't think that Cal hasn't seen a lot of this kid already)

and the list goes on...
It's looking like in the future, you don't pick Kentucky. Kentucky picks you!

If Cal goes to the final 4 and (more importantly, I'd guess) produces some high NBA picks for 2-3 of the kids on this year's team, reloading won't be any problem.

Because of the head start he's going to have on the 2010 class, he could very well make the '09 class look like a pile of shit in comparison. The rest of the NCAAs hope not.

[quote name='#22' post='777425' date='May 19 2009, 06:28 PM']I would suspect that Bledsoe, Hood, and probably Orton come back next year, and Patterson said at his presser that the Senior Year is not out of the question. He will graduate after this season, but if he feels like he can help his stock out some more, it's not completely crazy to think he may come back.

The following 2010ers have Kentucky Listed:

#1 Brandon Knight-G
#2 Harrison Barnes-F
#5 Josh Smith-C
#7 Will Barton-G
#8 Adreian Payne-F
#10 Dominique Ferguson-F (Previously committed to UK)
#11 Jelan Kendrick-F
#16 Roscoe Smith-F
#17 Joe Jackson-G (I think he picks UK, based on previous love of Memphis. I will make dozens of Joe Jackson puns)
#21 Kyrie Irving-G
#22 Cameron Clark-F
#24 Doron Lamb-G (From Mouth of Wilson, VA. Don't think that Cal hasn't seen a lot of this kid already)

and the list goes on...
It's looking like in the future, you don't pick Kentucky. Kentucky picks you!

If Cal goes to the final 4 and (more importantly, I'd guess) produces some high NBA picks for 2-3 of the kids on this year's team, reloading won't be any problem.

Because of the head start he's going to have on the 2010 class, he could very well make the '09 class look like a pile of shit in comparison. The rest of the NCAAs hope not.[/quote]
Brandon Knight probably won't leave Florida
Harrison Barnes will be either a BlueDevil or Jayhawk
Josh Smith more than likely will be at UCLA or Washington.
And Kyrie is probably IU and Duke for a long shot.

Thats based on what i have seen. I don't think Cal will be reloading in 2010 with anyone spectacular. But he might not need it if Hood and Orton are pretty good. We already know Bledsoe is.

[quote name='#22' post='777437' date='May 19 2009, 07:49 PM']I wouldn't project any kid who had UK on his list as a sure bet to go anywhere. Cal has put together the #1 class in the country in about a month.[/quote]
Well all those kids were probably Memphis bound of UK bound in the first place.

I can guarantee Harrison won't go to UK..he may take a visit but its down to two..maybe three schools.
Rumor is Knight isn't leaving Florida, if he does i would guess its UCONN or Duke
Josh Smith isn't leaving the west coast.
Kyrie is looking to go to a good academic school with good tradition.

If Cal pulls anyone of these kids..it will be very impressive.

And i thought Bledsoes classes were summer classes?

[quote name='#22' post='777440' date='May 19 2009, 05:58 PM']Fucking brilliant:

Bledsoe made his grades, by the way.[/quote]
I still can't tell if you actually like Kige or if you are continually mocking him by posting his videos. I can't stand his hick schtick stuff, but to each his own I guess.

I wonder where this recruiting class leaves some guys currently on the squad? Guys like Liggins, Harris, Stewart, Miller, Harrelson, Galloway? We have to cut down on our scholarships, and some of these guys here have got to go. I can't stand Liggins' turnover prone style of play, but maybe Cal can get something out of him that Billy G could not.

Who do you guys thinks get the axe in favor of the new blood?

Oh...well, I didn't want to blow my cover, but I am Kige Ramsey. :angry: You don't like my opinions on things? How am I a hick?

j/k

The thing is, you [u]know[/u] something is official when Kige comments on it, because he is 2 1/2 steps behind every major news source in the country. What he says in each and every video adds nothing that a complete idiot couldn't deduce to the conversation.
I would guess that Miller stays based on his flashes of potential last year.
DeAndre Liggins and Kevin Galloway both had offers from Memphis last year, so Cal obviously thinks they can play the dribble drive. Liggins might not make the grades.

Josh Harrellson keeps getting talked up by Calipari, but I doubt that he is a top priority.
AJ Stewart probably transfers. I like the kid, but he hasn't ever shown anything, and was the 41st best SF in the country in 2007.
Matt Pilgrim is "a beast," but time will tell if he can make the grades or not.
Cal has said that all Seniors would be allowed to graduate as WildCats, but I'm not sure if Josh Harrellson counts (as a JUCO).

Next years team will look like this, I'd guess:

PG-Wall
SG-Meeks
SF-Miller
PF-Cousins
PF-Patterson

2nd Team:
PG-Bledsoe/Galloway/Liggins
SG-Hood
SF-Dodson/Harris
PF-Stevenson
C-Orton

The 2nd Team would probably make the tourney, by the way. Orton was a top 10 player nationally before he got hurt this year.
I am really seeing flashes of that '96 team that had 9 NBA players and depth to press all game.

LOLOLOLOLOL

[url="http://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1383&tid=128424736&mid=128424736&sid=888&style=2"]http://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid...888&style=2[/url]

The first 20 posts or so in this thread are hilarious, by the way.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='779142' date='May 28 2009, 09:23 AM']All quiet in Big Blue country...

Color me not surprised...

[url="http://www.kentucky.com/818/story/810309.html"]Calipari at it Again[/url]

Apparently, he made sure Derrick Rose passed is SAT/ACT to become eligible.[/quote]
Calipari is not being charged with anything. And in other news, I heard on the radio this morning that Billy G is suing UK for 6 million, claiming wrongful termination.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='779153' date='May 28 2009, 11:25 AM'][b]Calipari is not being charged with anything[/b]. And in other news, I heard on the radio this morning that Billy G is suing UK for 6 million, claiming wrongful termination.[/quote]

Just coincidence the school he's just left is being investigated... kind of like the same thing that happened at UMass. Again, coincidence.

Nothing to it, I'm sure... :rolleyes:

The stink that follows that guy is amazing.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='779142' date='May 28 2009, 10:23 AM']All quiet in Big Blue country...

Color me not surprised...

[url="http://www.kentucky.com/818/story/810309.html"]Calipari at it Again[/url]

Apparently, he made sure Derrick Rose passed is SAT/ACT to become eligible.[/quote]
Interestingly enough Wall has been red-flagged on one of his SAT's and still isn't eligible at this point.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='779157' date='May 28 2009, 11:42 AM']Just coincidence the school he's just left is being investigated... kind of like the same thing that happened at UMass. Again, coincidence.

Nothing to it, I'm sure... :rolleyes:

The stink that follows that guy is amazing.[/quote]
I guess that quote about inquisitive idiots in your sig has some new meaning now.

:rofl: though if you think that UK didn't know the ins and outs of this investigation (which is 18 months in the works) before they hired Calipari. Why do you think the first 5 minutes of the presser when they hired the guy were about academic integrity and honesty?

Sandy Bell, who is now UK's chief compliance officer, was in charge of the NCAA investigation against Marcus Camby and UMASS. She personally gave our AD the OK to hire Calipari, and vouched for his clean record in the Camby case.

Here are some things to look at in this case:
1.) Calipari has not been named in any allegations, and neither have any other current or past Memphis coaches.
2.) Calipari has been sent a letter by the NCAA formally clearing him of any wrongdoing. He has been asked to testify because that's the protocol in these matters.
3.) The NCAAs still haven't shown that Rose's SAT scores were, in fact, fraudulent.
4.) The test in question was taken before Rose had committed to Memphis.
5.) If Memphis knew this was coming down the pipe and thought that Calipari was involved [i]in any way[/i], why did they try to outpay UK to keep him at Memphis?
6.) Cal, by the way, has graduate 19 of 22 players in the last few years at Memphis who didn't go to the Pros. What are Bruce Pearl's numbers here, I wonder?

So anyway, Calipari has been involved (and [u]absolved[/u]) in two scandals in 27 years of coaching. Lane Kiffin has had 3 recruiting violations in his first 3 months as UT's football coach.

Thanks for playing :wave: