OFFICIAL UK BASKETBALL THREAD!!!!!!!

Bunghole

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='18 November 2009 - 12:09 AM' timestamp='1258517372' post='829727']
ive already stated that Duke is at best a sweet 16 team this year, especially with our starting PF breaking his wrist. Dukes next title chances are in March 2011 and 2012.

My opinion on UK was made well before this game. It is typical Calipari he doesnt teach team concept and doesnt improve his players as a team. he improves them on an individual basis but doesnt improve them as much as other coaches would. he gets top talent but doesnt develop it that well. A lot of the power house teams are down this year so this would be an easy year to have one of the best recruiting classes ever and little big time teams challenging you to win a title but he will find a way to fail. I would have never hired him if i was UK. There were better coaches around. I am not bashing UK i am just saying they wont win a title. I am very confident in that belief. You can say well no shit cuz there are a ton of teams and only 1 can win it, but i dont care if you believe or agree with me. just my opinion.
[b]
I also think Tennessee is the best team in the country. They returned all of their starters i believe.[/b]
[/quote]
Well, I suppose the weakness of this whole internet thing is that statements are saved in eternity. It goes without saying, though, just how utterly wrong your predictions already are.

Kentucky is shooting free throws at a rate of 69.5%, higher than Kansas, UNC, Texas (62.5%...LOL), Purdue (61% haha), and almost every other "good" team in the country. Opponent's PPG rankings are hard to find, but they are in the Top 10 Nationally in Blocks and Defensive Rebounds per game, and are holding opponents to a 38% Field Goal percentage.

In addition, I would say that John Wall's recent game with 16 Assists should dispel the whole frailty of team nonsense, shouldn't it?

UT, even before losing 4 players for some unknown amount of time (which amounts to ~30 ppg and ~13 rpg), has already suffered a 22 point loss to an [b]awful[/b]USC team. So much for that, I guess.

So, having already established how hard UT is going to suck for the next few months, and knowing the Florida and South Carolina are awful, who in the SEC could beat UK even 4 times out of 10? There is a very good chance that they will beat an ailing UofHell team tomorrow in Rupp, and after that they have a great shot at going undefeated, don't they? This is all assuming, too, that they don't continue to gel as a team and get better, which is almost certainly going to happen as time goes on.

Right now, Vegas has them as +300 to win the National Championship. The only team with better odds at the moment is Kansas (+250).

This seems like quite a bit of evidence that they have some glimmer of hope to win their 8th National Championship this year, doesn't it? Or at least enough to maybe avoid being "very confidant" that they won't win, right?

[quote name='#22' date='02 January 2010 - 12:03 AM' timestamp='1262405017' post='850336']
Well, I suppose the weakness of this whole internet thing is that statements are saved in eternity. It goes without saying, though, just how utterly wrong your predictions already are.

Kentucky is shooting free throws at a rate of 69.5%, higher than Kansas, UNC, Texas (62.5%...LOL), Purdue (61% haha), and almost every other "good" team in the country. Opponent's PPG rankings are hard to find, but they are in the Top 10 Nationally in Blocks and Defensive Rebounds per game, and are holding opponents to a 38% Field Goal percentage.

In addition, I would say that John Wall's recent game with 16 Assists should dispel the whole frailty of team nonsense, shouldn't it?

UT, even before losing 4 players for some unknown amount of time (which amounts to ~30 ppg and ~13 rpg), has already suffered a 22 point loss to an [b]awful[/b]USC team. So much for that, I guess.

So, having already established how hard UT is going to suck for the next few months, and knowing the Florida and South Carolina are awful, who in the SEC could beat UK even 4 times out of 10? There is a very good chance that they will beat an ailing UofHell team tomorrow in Rupp, and after that they have a great shot at going undefeated, don't they? This is all assuming, too, that they don't continue to gel as a team and get better, which is almost certainly going to happen as time goes on.

Right now, Vegas has them as +300 to win the National Championship. The only team with better odds at the moment is Kansas (+250).

This seems like quite a bit of evidence that they have some glimmer of hope to win their 8th National Championship this year, doesn't it? Or at least enough to maybe avoid being "very confidant" that they won't win, right?
[/quote]
I think you're anointing this team with accolades it hasn't quite earned yet.

I watched two '98 games a few days back, and realized that I had forgotten just how fast Wayne Turner was.

But he would be frozen up by John Wall.

I would say that...
Starters:
John Wall>Wayne Turner
Eric Bledsoe=Jeff Sheppard
DeMarcus Cousins=Nazr Mohammed
Patrick Patterson>Scott Padgett !
Darnell Dodson=Allen Edwards

Depth:
EVEN. Darius Miller, Daniel Orton, and Ramon Harris are every bit as good as Mills, '98 Magloire, and Heshimu Evans (one of my favorite players all-time).

Coaching (in game):
1998. Tubby was the best coach at making adjustments that I have ever seen.

I would predict, right now, that '09 would go up by about 15 at the half, and then '98 would come back and win by 5 points or so. The '96 team would be one of the best B-Ball games of all time.

• 2 weeks later...
Kentucky is now 16-0, and the rumors are swirling that Hall will be back next year (he'd be a fool to do this, though).

As for the Kansas/UT game on now, I'm conflicted: should I root for UT to give Kansas a loss, or should I pull for KU to further support my claims that Tennessee is a pretender, not a contender?

[quote name='#22' date='10 January 2010 - 05:03 PM' timestamp='1263161003' post='855612']
Kentucky is now 16-0, and the rumors are swirling that Hall will be back next year (he'd be a fool to do this, though).

As for the Kansas/UT game on now, I'm conflicted: should I root for UT to give Kansas a loss, or should I pull for KU to further support my claims that Tennessee is a pretender, not a contender?
[/quote]

Tennessee is a pretender... in the sense they're not a title contender.

They'll make the dance and probably win 1 game. Lose in the round of 32...

• 2 weeks later...
#1. Congrats. Thats a helluva team going out there on the court. Just imagine if there was a four year rule. Yikes.

UK is going to go far in the tourny. At least FF. After that, anything can happen, but this team is very complete and JW is very fun to watch.

[quote name='FulcherVulcher33' date='23 January 2010 - 07:22 PM' timestamp='1264292576' post='859272']
We will be #1 on monday,I been waiting for this for sometime now :headbang:
[/quote]

well at least you got a day haha.

so whoever said Cousins = Nazr? wtf?!?! Cousins is FAR superior. He is one of the best freshman centers to EVER play in NCAA.

Yeah, 2 weeks ago, it was hard to put Cousins over a 250 pound man in an imaginary matchup. Now, it's not so hard.

BTW, Cousins=Nazr is only about as dumb as UT=2010 National Champions.

Whatever, though. I'm more than happy to be wrong about Cousins.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='27 January 2010 - 12:01 AM' timestamp='1264568474' post='859935']
well at least you got a day haha.

so whoever said Cousins = Nazr? wtf?!?! Cousins is FAR superior. He is one of the best freshman centers to EVER play in NCAA.
[/quote]

The way they played they deserved to lose, I think this will help them focus though and realize they are not elite and must bring it every game

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='FulcherVulcher33' date='27 January 2010 - 06:08 PM' timestamp='1264633705' post='860178']
The way they played they deserved to lose, I think this will help them focus though and realize they are not elite and must bring it every game
[/quote]

I find this funny. If 25-1 isn't elite in NCAA basketball...then what is?

And fuck Kige Ramsey (despite his good Kentucky intentions/fandom), he makes EVERYONE that roots for UK b-ball look like a hick. Fuck him. Just stop. Please!!!!!!