OFFICIAL UK BASKETBALL THREAD!!!!!!!

Bunghole

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='steggyD' date='14 March 2010 - 12:51 AM' timestamp='1268542282' post='870380']
And the Volunteer hacks fell hard today. What happened to the UK buzz in here?
[/quote]

I know! We're like 132-2 and its like nobody cares! And we just slapped the taste out of Bruce Pearl's mouth and we got a collective yawn going on!

Wake up Blue Nation@go-bengals.com!!!

[quote name='#22' date='27 January 2010 - 12:59 AM' timestamp='1264571971' post='859956']
Yeah, 2 weeks ago, it was hard to put Cousins over a 250 pound man in an imaginary matchup. Now, it's not so hard.

B[b]TW, Cousins=Nazr is only about as dumb as UT=2010 National Champions.
[/b]
Whatever, though. I'm more than happy to be wrong about Cousins.
[/quote]

lets bash a preseason pick! you know damn well UT would be in the running for the NC if they didnt have a couple of idiots do stupid crap and get kicked off the team.

My preseason final 4 (which I think is on here somewhere) was Kansas, WVU, Nova, and UK.

I'm still feeling pretty good about mine.

and UT wouldn't do shit with or without those three rocket scientists they lost, because they play sloppy defense, rely too much on the three point shot, and can't hit free throws.

You mean the same Demon Deacons who lost by 21 to Miami about a week ago? They will be lucky to stay within 30 of Texas.

I picked Wake to go to the Final 4 last season. Perhaps that's why I have such a hardon for them.

[quote name='#22' date='14 March 2010 - 04:30 PM' timestamp='1268598606' post='870492']
My preseason final 4 (which I think is on here somewhere) was Kansas, WVU, Nova, and UK.

and UT wouldn't do shit with or without those three rocket scientists they lost, because they play sloppy defense, rely too much on the three point shot, and can't hit free throws.
[/quote]

You're crazy about the UT shit.

And I'm a UK fan!

UT is pretty goddamn good if you ask me.

[quote name='#22' date='14 March 2010 - 04:30 PM' timestamp='1268598606' post='870492']

[/quote]

Whoever picked UT into NC or Final Fours... was crazy. But to say they play sloppy defense is just a clueless person. That is one of the few things they're actually good at. Look at how they're winning games this year. They're holding teams down.

I'll agree on relying on the 3 point shot - especially when you don't have legit 3 point threats... and free throws - that is the case for about the 3rd straight season. This year it is just more pronounced because their margin for error is smaller than in years past.

And, yes, they got blown out Saturday - but that was a game until the 8:00 minute mark of the 2nd half. UT lost its composure at that point. That said - if UK / Bledsoe shoot that well from outside throughout the tourney they'll win it all. You have to pick your poison - either defend the inside and hope they're not shooting well or you go ahead and defend the perimeter well and basically concede inside points...

I'll say right now UK won't win it all. They're the most talented team in it... but they're young and they won't shoot well enough in 6 straight games to win it all. They'll get theirs inside with Patterson and Cousins but they'll get to final 8, Final Four somewhere around there... then lose.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='14 March 2010 - 11:16 PM' timestamp='1268623018' post='870600']
You're crazy about the UT shit.

And I'm a UK fan!

UT is pretty goddamn good if you ask me.
[/quote]

UT is good, but they're not legit from the outside and really only have 1 good big man - Chism. Scotty Hopson needs to learn to compete every minute of every game he's on the floor. He's not doing that now and it shows...

[quote name='Bunghole' date='15 March 2010 - 10:10 AM' timestamp='1268662217' post='870643']
Vol-

You may be right. [b]UK is pretty talented[/b] (and quite deep, especially big men, now that Orton has been playing so well) but their achilles heel is definitely inconsistent shooting, particularly around the perimeter.
[/quote]

That team is loaded! Factor Orton inside and you have 3 big guys that can play with anybody.

What other college team has 3 starters penciled in as top 10 NBA picks? Most would be lucky to have 1.

Throw in Bledsoe and Orton and you've got as top heavy as well as deep team in the tourney by a long shot. Their issue will be youth and perimeter shooting.

[quote name='#22' date='14 March 2010 - 08:32 PM' timestamp='1268616721' post='870565']
You mean the same Demon Deacons who lost by 21 to Miami about a week ago? They will be lucky to stay within 30 of Texas.

I picked Wake to go to the Final 4 last season. Perhaps that's why I have such a hardon for them.
[/quote]

haha, final four last year? ouch. they are young and inconsistent but if Texas counts wake out at all wake will beat the shit out of them. wake talent wise is top 5 in NCAA (#1 in ACC easily) but they are young with an inexperienced coach as well. they show up and they dominate people, they dont show up and they get dominated.