OFFICIAL UK BASKETBALL THREAD!!!!!!!

Bunghole

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='16 April 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1271455124' post='878397']
That is a steelers fan move.
[/quote]

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='16 April 2010 - 09:14 PM' timestamp='1271466872' post='878462']
UK fans act just like Steelers fans...

...being steelers fans.
[/quote]

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='17 April 2010 - 12:15 AM' timestamp='1271477759' post='878499']
You are bragging about 7 titles that = steelers fan.
[/quote]

You shut your filthy, lying, whore mouth boy!

[quote name='scharm' date='17 April 2010 - 08:21 AM' timestamp='1271510504' post='878551']
Coach K and Duke is nothing more than Bob Knight and IU in terms of elite programs.

Once coach K moves on or retires. Duke goes back down to the next tier level of programs like IU is currently. Their program is defined by a coach.
[/quote]

Disagree with that. It is more like UNC and UK where as long as you hire an intelligent head coach you will be fine. UNC will never be as good as when Dean Smith was there and UK will never be as good when Rupp was there and Duke will never be as good as the Coach K years but if you hire a head coach who gets it then they can sustain at a high level because the recruiting power will have a major assistance from the program. UK dwindled at the end of Tubbys career and Billy G was terrible but it is coming back with Cal. IU was falling apart with Mike Davis and Sampson murdered them with cheating but Tom Crean will have them elite in a couple more years. UNC died off for a bit with Matt Doherty but are good again with Roy. IU only disappeared because Sampson decided to do everything against the rules and really sucked at not getting busted lol. As long as the head coach is decent Duke, IU, UK, UNC should all be in the upper echelon of schools. UCLA is more in the ND fball area where it has been such a long time since they have been good that no one really gives a shit about their history. I don't know of many HS recruits who give a shit about NDs fball history or care to go there and from what i hear 20 years ago if you were good you wanted to go there. That same thing goes for UCLA.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='17 April 2010 - 10:13 AM' timestamp='1271517236' post='878595']
You shut your filthy, lying, whore mouth boy!
[/quote]

ha, im only stating what i witnessed.

[quote name='scharm' date='17 April 2010 - 08:18 AM' timestamp='1271510330' post='878548']
How am I bragging? This is a thread dedicated to the Kentucky Wildcats. Duh. It's not like I'm on a Duke board or thread talking about 7 titles.

Your a fan of Duke, a Kentucky fan doesn't care what you think is appropriate to be proud of because you don't have what Kentucky does.

Personally, I think it is dumb when Bengals fans discount the Steelers history because deep down inside every Bengal fan wishes the Bengals were that successful. Just makes them sound like haters and guess what the Duke fan sounds like in this thread?

Back to the players in the NBA. Cal is going to grab the best players. A downside of that is these players will be able to perform at the highest level of basketball. So they will move on. Titles won't come every year, final fours won't come every year. By the time Cal is done what you are going to have is Miami Football of the 80s/90s or Kentucky of the 90s or Kentucky of the 50s or Yankees of the MLB payroll disparity era or Reds of the 70s and yes Steelers of the 70s.

You get the point yet? I don't really worry about what a rival fan thinks what will be successful. Not to long ago Kentucky fans were told they should be happy with Tubby. Why?
[/quote]

I don't care at all what the Bengals did before I was born. I don't care what the Bengals did last year. I care about what they are doing right now. If you brag about your history then that means your future is lacking.

I am not coming in this thread and hating. I didn't come in here and bash Kentucky. I came in here and said if they don't change their way then I don't see them ever winning a title. Coming in here and hating would have been coming in and saying, "UK sucks, Cal sucks, you are never going to win a title!" I only came in here to discuss why I think Cal needs to change his recruiting ways a little. If he goes for a few top players and then drops back to get more good players that are 3-4 year guys but good then he will be way more successful. You are putting way too much on a bunch of young guys to 1) play good 2) overcome adversity and 3) become leaders instantly I can't recall a team EVER winning it all that didnt have a few good juniors/seniors on the team. Even Cuse with Melo had solid junior/senior leadership. The fab five didn't work out. It seems like any time a team is really talented and young they lose in March when they have an off game. It takes a ton of luck to have 6 games in the March tourney without being off. Considering how much everyone here likes to critique the Bengals, Reds and other teams you would think you would have enough common sense to look at the holes in UKs plan. Duke has been down a bit the last 4-5 years because Coach K gave up on recruiting top talent so he would have guys that stayed 4 years but he gave up on that talent difference too much and they would face a team that was so much more athletic and physically gifted than them that unless they rained 3's all day they couldnt win or even stay in the game. Look at a team who has consistently been there in the hunt like MSU or Kansas. They have a mix of young talented players with juniors and seniors who are good but not great. I think if Cal dropped 2 of his scholarships on 1 and dones and put them on guys who are 3-4 year players to build an identity and presence that it would make UK a consistent, realistic title contender each and every year. Thats not hating on UK thats an opinion that has a lot of history/experience/stats to back it up. Hell you want to go on and on like a tool about 7 titles then go back and look at the talent and experience on those rosters. They werent a bunch of super talents that didnt stay for a while.

[quote]I don't care at all what the Bengals did before I was born. I don't care what the Bengals did last year. I care about what they are doing right now. If you brag about your history then that means your future is lacking.[/quote]

Not really because if you have not noticed Cal is going to be whooping that ass.

People that don't like history talk typically don't have history that stacks up.

[quote]I am not coming in this thread and hating. I didn't come in here and bash Kentucky. I came in here and said if they don't change their way then I don't see them ever winning a title.[/quote]

Sounds like hatin to me.

[quote]Cal needs to change his recruiting ways a little.[/quote]

Silly talk. College basketball world is in shock about how quickly he got the turnaround and now how quickly he is going to reload. There are bad assumptions that Cal wants to win with only one and dones. It's more like he knows talent, can get talent, and he isn't afraid to manage egos and talent to get them to play together.

They guy has already been in two final 4s and 1 championship game with no name programs. Kentucky is raising the bar.

There is just no way Rick, Coach K, Billy and Roy aren't concerned with the battles Cal has won at UK already. He goes into North Carolina a plucks the best player, has UL worried about Teague, Florida boiled down to no chance for Knight.

It really is insane. You can check any board on rivals and it seems Cal and the Cats are topic no. 1. Fear.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='17 April 2010 - 09:10 PM' timestamp='1271553011' post='878700']
in shock? he turned around Umass and Memphis pretty damn quick and they had no recruiting power to take advantage of. he took a good chunk of his sick class he had going to Memphis and got them to switch to UK then added a couple more for the few he didnt get to move on with him.
[/quote]

Still to have the #2 team going into the tournament in one year, going 35-3?

I recall alot of people claiming something like that would be unrealistic expectations.

[quote name='scharm' date='18 April 2010 - 09:24 AM' timestamp='1271600676' post='878758']
Still to have the #2 team going into the tournament in one year, going 35-3?

I recall alot of people claiming something like that would be unrealistic expectations.
[/quote]

i do like the recruitment of doron lamb, i doubt he will 1 and done. UK needs to land Terrence Ross, he would be a brilliant pick up.

[quote name='scharm' date='22 April 2010 - 09:26 AM' timestamp='1271942786' post='880210']
You know Louisville fans and Pitino wish Tubby was still with the CATS on this day.
[/quote]
Yeah. Teague is a huge steal. His brother was one of the best players in the ACC at Wake. He is supposed to be even better. Louisville fans have to be sick. Teague was a lock to them a few months ago.

[quote name='scharm' date='22 April 2010 - 01:39 PM' timestamp='1271957947' post='880323']
It is not realistic for UK fans to expect top talent every year.

Signed

Rival fans that were happy with mid major program Tubby was building at UK.
[/quote]
LOL. You just don't give up on the excuses..

[quote name='scharm' date='22 April 2010 - 04:56 PM' timestamp='1271969807' post='880433']
I smell the hate and fear.
[/quote]
https://subs.timeinc.net/SI/sichamps_ncaa2010.jhtml?experience_id=265454&pkw=PSSIGLTX040510SNND1976&partner=yes&source_id=6&_requestid=247177&_requestid=247177

You can get your Duke national championship package right here.

[img]http://i.huffpost.com/gen/154904/thumbs/s-DUKE-NATIONAL-CHAMPIONSHIP-BUTLER-large.jpg[/img]

PS. I smell Fear. :whistle:

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='Bunghole' date='03 June 2010 - 10:06 PM' timestamp='1275617208' post='891504']
I don't give a fuck. Corey Maggette.
[/quote]
You might give a fuck if this catches on into the NCAA. Someone on the Rivals board has said there are two 2011 UK players looking for other options in case they do get in trouble, and I imagine one of them is Teague and the other is likely Gilchrist.