OFFICIAL UK BASKETBALL THREAD!!!!!!!

Bunghole

[quote name='#22' date='04 June 2010 - 07:28 PM' timestamp='1275694091' post='891684']
Danny Ferry leaving the Cavs means 1 or 2 things, btw:

1.)LeBron is gone.
2.)LeBron brings in a coach he likes.

If 2, then we could be in a jam.
[/quote]
I really, really, don't think Cal is going to leave to be with LeBron. The backlash would be insane.

• 1 month later...
I don't believe Cal leaves until the 2011 class is done. It's supposed to be insane talent and of course Kentucky is going to have the majority of the top 5 players. Get any hold overs from this year and it's crazy crazy crazy good, like blow out 1996 Cats by 30 good.

Like make all these supposed Duke fans that are not scared more jealous than they already are, good.

[quote name='scharm' date='06 July 2010 - 10:37 PM' timestamp='1278470251' post='896070']
I don't believe Cal leaves until the 2011 class is done. It's supposed to be insane talent and of course Kentucky is going to have the majority of the top 5 players. Get any hold overs from this year and it's crazy crazy crazy good, like blow out 1996 Cats by 30 good.

Like make all these supposed Duke fans that are not scared more jealous than they already are, good.
[/quote]
lololololololololololololol :24:

[b][url="http://twitter.com/WCPO"][color="#0a0501"]WCPO[/color][/url][/b] [url=""] [/url] Former UK and NBA star Mel Turpin commits suicide [url="http://ow.ly/298pB"][color="#0a0501"]http://ow.ly/298pB[/color][/url]
[url="http://twitter.com/WCPO/status/18109759987"]about 1 hour ago[/url] via [url="http://www.hootsuite.com/"]HootSuite[/url]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Sounds like Cal and Harrellson get along real well..

[quote]Kentucky coach John Calipari tweeted today that senior forward Josh Harrellson has been banned from Twitter "until he's responsible enough to handle success & failure."

Harrellson racked up 16 points and 26 rebounds in 40 minutes during the team's scrimmage, but then apparently took issue with comments Calipari made after the game about him.

"Can Josh do this for 15, 20 minutes a game?" Calipari told The Courier-Journal. "If he can go in there and go grab rebounds and do it, either we are the worst offensiverebounding team in America or he's gotten better, one of the two. I don't know, I'll watch the tape but we'll figure it out."

Using two tweets from his since-deleted account, Harrellson responded with this:

"Either we are the worst offensive rebounding team or he had gotten better"!!! Just amazing to me I can't get a good job or way to go, or yes he has been working hard this off season... It is just amazing to me but I look past it and keep trucking! You can't stop this train!!!

While publicly calling out the coach is never a good idea, it appears the fun-loving Harrellson, who averaged 1.3 points per game last season, merely wanted some positive feedback for a good game.

Calipari also noted after the game that he didn't think Harrellson had ever even grabbed that many rebounds during a rebounding drill and seemed to be making the overall point that the meaning of stats from a scrimmage are difficult to gauge.

Calipari tweeted the next day that he told the team to applaud Harrellson's effort, and it was teammate Terrence Jones who offered up a compliment afterward.

"Josh Harrellson played the best I have ever seen him play," Jones said. "A lot of guys stepped up tonight."[/quote]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Gettin better. I'm sure they'll get ambushed somewhere along the way on the road in the SEC, but they are coming together.

I hope Louisville rebounds and becomes a factor in Big East, but they didn't look like they were on the same level as Kentucky yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1293889441' post='955511']
Gettin better. I'm sure they'll get ambushed somewhere along the way on the road in the SEC, but they are coming together.

I hope Louisville rebounds and becomes a factor in Big East, but they didn't look like they were on the same level as Kentucky yesterday.
[/quote]

UK, Vandy and Tennessee all lose in their SEC opener. I think Georgia will definitely make the NCAA tourney.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1298571299' post='972619']
Damn road woes. Is it encouraging to be so close on the road and lose or will it prove out to be fools gold in the NCAA tourney?
[/quote]

Good question. I'm concerned about this team for sure. Even UC has a better record than UK at this point. And we don't have the "they play in a crappier conference" excuse anymore!

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1300457764' post='977922']
Those pesky Princeton Tigers. You never know what will go down when two cats start to fight it out. But you advance and move on.
[/quote]

Yeah, we won against a confident and well-coached opponent (remember: Princeton doesn't have athletic scholarships!), but I think we would have made the game a lot less close than it was if Knight, Lamb and Jones had played like they are capable of. I don't think you see Brandon Knight scoreless until the last shot of the game again. The freshman were almost invisible the whole game.

Thank goodness for the play of Miller and Harrelson!

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1300458670' post='977945']
Really, really, really, hope UK beats WVU. I loathe Joe Maturdla. Plus I think you guys match up really well with OSU. Both should be good games.
[/quote]

I hope we beat them both too, because then we'd be in the Elite Eight! Plus us UK fans would get to lord it over all the OSU fans around here.