OFFICIAL UK BASKETBALL THREAD!!!!!!!

Bunghole

[quote name='#22' post='745890' date='Feb 11 2009, 02:24 PM']I missed the game, but I saw that Patterson didn't have the best night. Is he still hurt?[/quote]
He has an ankle sprain and is in a boot. He was having an OK game when he went out (can't remember exactly when), and he didn't return.
I heard on teh radio this morning that it's not a high ankle sprain and it is the least serious kind of sprain.

• 3 weeks later...
<<crickets>>

Um, yeah, we just got slaughtered by USC. We aren't very good. We have two NBA-bound players in Patterson and Meeks, but last night proved that even they can't keep carrying us in the face of a good opponent.

We don't have a fucking point guard worth a shit. Both Porter and Liggins are turnover machines. In fact, that's our biggest problem...fucking turnovers!

And who would have thought that a team could gameplan us like the fucking Cocks did last night....Patterson was getting denied left and right and Gillispie/Patterson failed to adjust. You could kick the ball out from underneath once and a while, ya know?

Anyway, I am not pleased. AT ALL. I know that we have a young team that's still learning Billy G's system, but I am starting to wonder if there IS a system, and if there is, once learned, does it even fucking work?

We're not making the fucking NCAA tournament this year because there's NO WAY we will win the SEC tournament the way we're playing.

UC versus UK in the NIT championship game. Write it fucking down.

Where are our fucking role players?

[quote name='steggyD' post='749944' date='Feb 27 2009, 12:03 AM']Uhh, nothing much to say after last night's embarrassing performance ...[/quote]
Yeah, I suppose. Billy G gets one more year from me before I start to blow my stack, but we aren't playing disciplined basketball AT ALL.

Yeah, he's officially on the hotseat for me. Let him finish the year, but if next year looks bad, yank him in the middle of the season.

I do like Meeks and Patterson, and I agree about the PG position. With one strong PG, we could prolly blow any team in the NCAA away.

Do you guys really think Patterson and Meeks are gonna stick around? I'm asking, not speculating, but with Orton on his way, i think thats next year, it would seem like maybe Patterson is taking off, but if he stays he and Orton could be pretty killer.

[quote name='JC' post='750971' date='Feb 28 2009, 03:10 PM']Do you guys really think Patterson and Meeks are gonna stick around? I'm asking, not speculating, but with Orton on his way, i think thats next year, it would seem like maybe Patterson is taking off, but if he stays he and Orton could be pretty killer.[/quote]
First of all, [size=7]GODDAMMIT [/size]we just lost a winnable game to fucking LSU at home!

[size=7]FUCK![/size]

To answer your question, no, I think they are both gone (isn't Meeks a senior? Maybe he's a junior, I forget).

If they both stuck around another year we'd be pretty awesome next year, if the players can adopt or understand Billy G's system better, and if they can cut down on the mindless turnovers. Gillispie is a better recruiter than Tubby, but I'm not so sure he's a better coach anymore.

[size=7]FUCK![/size]

Yikes.

I saw this on a Duke message board

[quote]said that billy G was trying to dodge them but, Fans were cussing him and some of the players.

Taking a few bottles in the head is the least Gillispie can do for that 6 million he's stolen from the program the last two years. 37-24 through 61 games is horrific, even if we were in a wasteland created by Tubby.

With the way Georgia shot tonight and and the great B/C defense tactics, I would say that half of the bottles thrown hit him at about a 50% clip!

Yep,bottles are too soft,they should have been throwing rocks instead.

He is just lucky I was not there I would have thrown my shoe at him and that says alot cause I just have one pair[/quote]

And they were referring to bottles. That can't feel good at the home stadium.

I think Meeks and Patterson are gone... at least that is what the local talk radio is speculating and various national columnists are saying.

As for losing to Georgia... isn't that their second SEC win? They were like 0-7 against the East so fare this year. Ouch.

I think Billy has one more season... and the issue with that is if Meeks and Patterson do leave their team will be the SUCK next year. What do they have to replace them with? It is those two and a bunch of other guys... even with Meeks and Patterson they're only 8-7 in the SEC.

I thought Florida / Kentucky was going to come down to whomever won Saturday would get that tourney spot. With them losing to Georgia I don't see Kentucky getting there this year. Granted, they'll get benefit of the doubt which they've earned but I don't see it.

The whole SEC seems to kind of suck this year it's weird because they were pretty strong next year. I think Florida is going to come back pretty strong next year with Boynton(Bastard) and if Calathes stays they could be really good. Especially with all the guys they have coming in, in the next few years. Some really good recruiting classes.

In regards to UK, every program has their down years. UNC was just not too long ago before Ol' Roy came into the program and started grabbing top 5 recruiting classes every year. It looks like Gillespie is a hell of a recruiter, but not much of a coach. I would imagine it's time for them to part ways and find a guy who wants to continue the UK tradition in a positive manner. But they might want to do something pretty fast. With Florida having Boynton, Rivers, and i imagine Knight coming in they could be pretty good, really fast. Those are three really, really good guards. Erik Murphy will be pretty good for them too.

Great first game of the SEC tourney. I love how some of the other guys, such as Miller and Stevenson, stepped up to play today. Maybe they can make a run through the tourney and right into the Big Dance ??? Stranger things have happened.

[quote name='steggyD' post='755524' date='Mar 12 2009, 02:55 PM']Great first game of the SEC tourney. I love how some of the other guys, such as Miller and Stevenson, stepped up to play today. Maybe they can make a run through the tourney and right into the Big Dance ??? Stranger things have happened.[/quote]
I'm certainly not going to hold my breath, but anything is possible. They would have to beat teams that have beaten them earlier, like LSU tomorrow, and after that likely Florida or South Carolina. Even with that, they are going to be TIRED after that. They need to win four games in four days, then go right into the tournament, likely as a 13-15 seed.

• 2 weeks later...