Most physical CB in the draft?

[quote name='SLCBengal' post='428988' date='Jan 18 2007, 01:59 AM']Eric Weddle, Utah.

This guy is amazing. He shutdown Calvin Johnson in last year's Emerald Bowl. I think Calvin had 19 yards receiving. He can play any position in the defensive backfield. Anyone who has seen him play will tell you he is all man.[/quote]

Like him a whole lot. Can play safety or corner... I think how he times and works out will be telling, as far as the pro position he plays. But he's a playmaker, no question.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='Tigris' post='428833' date='Jan 17 2007, 08:51 PM']Matt Six, CB, Wright State University

Heard he ran the 40 in 4.72. It was literally the first time he ran in months and he had basketball shoes on. I know it's not the fastest, but he also did do the 225 bench 9 times. He's had a shoulder injury since then so I don't know if he can still do it or not. More than likely though, he still can.

He's probably the most physical guy not in the NFL right now and tends to play with a mean streak. I would love to see him paired with Jonathan Joseph to help hold receivers at bay for years to come!!!![/quote]

He's also quite the Halo enthusiast.

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='428741' date='Jan 17 2007, 05:40 PM']Yeah, you can do that. But if your corner is late to his assignment because he was bumping somebody who was quick to be out of his area of responsibility, your gonna have a TE or RB WIDE OPEN.

Where when you bump and run with man, the bump directly translates to how well he is covered, because he's not looking for the soft spot in the zone at that point, he's looking for a double move to get you away from the pre-determined route.[/quote]

They already do that! The "D" needs to play more aggressive, this soft, play back. let them catch the ball then tackle crap "D" has got to go. It is way past time for the "D" to develop a little attitude, until that happens this "D" will stay in the bottom of the league.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='429043' date='Jan 18 2007, 08:52 AM']He's also quite the Halo enthusiast.[/quote]

Also... and this is just rumor... purely rumor.

But it has been said that he rivals some thoroughbreds. Take it any way you want to... just something I heard.

Leon Hall,Mich @ CB

LaRon Landry,LSU @ S

I'd love to have us draft either guy in the first round.

Likely 1st rd CB's..McCauley (Fresno St.) , Jackson,Syracuse and Hughes,Cal

Likely S's in the first Rd...Merriweather, Fla( Guy's a problem),Griffin,Texas and Rouse(Va Tech)

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='Jason' post='428777' date='Jan 17 2007, 06:21 PM']True, but considering the way Deltha and Tory played this year, would you risk them not playing with a cushion?[/quote]

certainly. The cushion is part of the reason our defense gave up so many yards.

Also, against a team such as Indy, its very important to bump the receivers (as well as pressure manning). You have to do anything you can to disrupt their timing and rhythm.

Archived