Latest Rumor - Marvin to Dallas

[quote name='ravonaf' post='432341' date='Jan 24 2007, 01:21 PM']Probably the fact that they have had far and away more players arrested than the average NFL team. When you lead the league in arrests you get the headlines.[/quote]

But as Jeb points out, the Chargers had 5 arrests, and weren't those much more serious in nature than the Bengals? I can understand making fun of the Bengals because of all the arrests, but what about harping on the other offenders too?

[quote name='Actium' post='432340' date='Jan 24 2007, 02:19 PM']True. But I'm not sure where the motive is in giving the Chargers a pass, or the Bears. Something must make the Bengals more attractive to bash. Poor relationship with the media?[/quote]

Kiel (Chargers) is on trial for shipping codeine to Houston for sale as a cocktail drink on the streets. I wonder how many people died in accidents caused by his cocktail drink? Oh, and its a federal case. You don't walk from one of those unless you turn in someone bigger than you.

[quote name='Jeb' post='432345' date='Jan 24 2007, 02:30 PM']Kiel (Chargers) is on trial for shipping codeine to Houston for sale as a cocktail drink on the streets. I wonder how many people died in accidents caused by his cocktail drink? Oh, and its a federal case. You don't walk from one of those unless you turn in someone bigger than you.[/quote]
[b]As for the murderers they have a player that either himself killed two men or watched someone do it..they also have a player who distributed cocaine..two wonderful people...Every time I see them with those ridiculous purple uniforms my blood boils..and we get crucified for this crap which we shold but only to a certain point...the media is ridiculous...[/b]

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='432248' date='Jan 24 2007, 12:14 PM']Why? The stealers have owned Marvin?[/quote]

Huh? The Bengals have won 3 of 4 in pissburgh....and they've split the last two regular seasons. Playoff game obviously has a * by it.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='432212' date='Jan 24 2007, 11:54 AM']Marvin is the best coach we've had in years[/quote]

That's not saying a whole lot.

But I've got to stick up for Marvin on his questionable picks. Why does he catch so much heat for not always drafting based on "character"? If the NFL allows players in the draft with sketchy pasts, why does a coach catch hell for drafting them?

Guest BlackJesus

[color="#FF8C00"][size=5][b]
Dumbest fucking rumor EVER !!!![/size][/color]

Yeah Mike Brown is just going to let the best coach he has ever had as Owner leave for Dallas and Jerry Jones (The owner he dispises over all others).

I mean hell Mike Brown made so much money during the Dave Shula days with people dressed as Seats that he must be tired of these sell outs and record team profits.

Better gun for some draft picks instead .... :rolleyes:

Marvin is going nowhere. And won't be for at least the next 10 years .... so all this bullshit needs to cease.

+ Marvin is a GM here .... in Dallas he would be a puppet. [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='432364' date='Jan 24 2007, 03:59 PM'][color="#FF8C00"][size=5][b]
Yeah Mike Brown is just going to let the best coach he has ever had as Owner leave for Dallas and Jerry Jones (The owner he dispises over all others).
I mean hell Mike Brown made so much money during the Dave Shula days with people dressed as Seats that he must be tired of these sell outs and record team profits.

Marvin is going nowhere. And won't be for at least the next 10 years .... so all this bullshit needs to cease.
+ Marvin is a GM here .... in Dallas he would be a puppet. [/b][/quote]
[b]Word![/b]

Guest BlackJesus

[b]And for those Judas pieces of shit on here .... who are already ready to Stab Marvin in the back ....

do us a favor ... and Go jump off a bridge :wave:

Hey that way maybe a season ticket or two will open up for the others. [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='432367' date='Jan 24 2007, 04:02 PM'][b]And for those Judas pieces of shit on here .... who are already ready to Stab Marvin in the back ....

Hey that way maybe a season ticket or two will open up for the others. [/b][/quote]

I don't think there are any (or many anyway, there are always a few nuts) people who [i][b]want[/b][/i] Marvin to go. I think a lot of it is "what would you want for Marvin" if Marvin wants out. Which has not at all been established. Even PFT says there is no recent talk about this, it is pure speculation on their part.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='432364' date='Jan 24 2007, 03:59 PM'][color="#FF8C00"][size=5][b]

+ Marvin is a GM here .... in Dallas he would be a puppet. [/b][/quote]
:headbang: i would never let marvin just for a couple picks

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='432228' date='Jan 24 2007, 05:03 PM']"All our coaches are under contract."
:ninja: ^_^[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]
[quote name='CatScratchFever' post='432256' date='Jan 24 2007, 05:20 PM']Do you really think that after dealing with nine arrested players in one year, that he'd jump ship to go work with Terrell Owens?

Dealing with that punk has GOT to be at least as bad if not worse.[/quote]

no fucking shit. TO is the biggest piece of shit in the sports world bar none (except maybe chris weber :whistle: )
[quote name='Nelson Muntz' post='432278' date='Jan 24 2007, 05:36 PM']Anyone who thinks getting rid of the best coach we've ever had besides Paul Brown is a god damn fool. I don't care how many draft picks we would get in your silly ass dream scenarios, no draft pick is going to be able to lead this team to the SuperBowl, only Marvin can do that. We have one of the best coaches in the league and some of our idiot fans are willing to part with him for 2 first round picks.

We've all seen too many times that first round picks aren't sure things, I'm not going to name the numerous first round bust this franchise has had to endure, but you get the point. Good coaches are almost as hard to find as a good qb, and we've got both. This team is extremely young at key position so that means our best days are ahead of us. Any traitor who thinks that Marvin has done his job by getting us to this point and now we can fire him is a disloyal little rat bastard, without Marvin this site wouldn't be here, you wouldn't be here or a public Bengals fan.

This thread is the height of stupidity and anyone who thinks getting rid of Marvin Lewis for a few draft picks is a goddamn fool.[/quote]
:headbang: :headbang:

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='432362' date='Jan 24 2007, 08:57 PM']Just when you think some people can't get any dumber, you read some of the posts in this thread.
No way, no how do you let a coach like Marvin go. God damn some people are so fucking stupid.[/quote]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='432367' date='Jan 24 2007, 09:02 PM'][b]And for those Judas pieces of shit on here .... who are already ready to Stab Marvin in the back ....

Hey that way maybe a season ticket or two will open up for the others. [/b][/quote]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='432430' date='Jan 24 2007, 04:28 PM']:blink:[/quote]

Let's pull the trigger on this deal, and have a coalition of Go-Bengals posters act as a Collective Head Coach. I mean, reading this site, everyone here knows better than the clowns in charge anyway. Perfect 16-0 season and beyond, here we come.

:ninja:

[quote name='Actium' post='432438' date='Jan 24 2007, 05:39 PM']Let's pull the trigger on this deal, and have a coalition of Go-Bengals posters act as a Collective Head Coach. I mean, reading this site, everyone here knows better than the clowns in charge anyway. Perfect 16-0 season and beyond, here we come.
:ninja:[/quote]

I call d-coord.

I want QB coach. Practice would be pretty much like, "Carson, go out there and play up to your potential. I'll be here trying to find things to say to the Ben-gals. [i][/i]To Cheerleader:[i][/i] So, what's your thoughts on, um, quartz? It's a pretty good mineral. Goes into watches and things. I wonder who thought of putting a rock into a watch. Hey, where are you going?"

[quote name='Actium' post='432443' date='Jan 24 2007, 05:47 PM']I want QB coach. Practice would be pretty much like, "Carson, go out there and play up to your potential. I'll be here trying to find things to say to the Ben-gals. [i][/i]To Cheerleader:[i][/i] So, what's your thoughts on, um, quartz? It's a pretty good mineral. Goes into watches and things. I wonder who thought of putting a rock into a watch. Hey, where are you going?"

:ninja:[/quote]

I found our Media/Public Relations Director :D

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='432367' date='Jan 24 2007, 04:02 PM'][b]And for those Judas pieces of shit on here .... who are already ready to Stab Marvin in the back ....

Archived