Latest Rumor - Marvin to Dallas

[quote name='Nelson Muntz' post='433042' date='Jan 25 2007, 04:41 PM'][b]Uh, the last sentence you typed[/b]..Like I said quit being so political about this and say how you truly feel, if that is possible. If you feel like Marvin needs to go then say so, but say "he's a great coach in one breath" and then say "but I would still like to see him replaced" in the next. It's either or, you can't believe he's a great coach and think that he's on a short lesh.

Utimately this is a moot point because the only opinion that matters is the Mike Brown's and he hearts Marvin. I don't care who gets arrested, Marvin is a good football coach who is doing a great job in Cincy.

But for shit and giggles I throw out a novel idea, when grown men get themselves in trouble how about we punish the grown men and not try to put the blame on Marvin Lewis, he's not their court appointed guardian who is responsible for them 24/7/365, he's just their goddamn football coach.[/quote]

You mean in the post you quoted? Notice there was a condition on that, and a "maybe". And note also I said make him GM. That's not getting rid of him. And I never said it before that.

I'm not being political about it. I don't think he needs to go. Not yet. But if he doesn't improve as a game day coach, I might change my mind.

Guest TheBeaverHunter
WTF are you talking about???

I said this is the make or break year for Marvin. There comes a time when a team should take the next step, this time is this season. If Marvin doesn't "Coach" his team to a conference title game (because that is what Head Coaches do) they put their team in the best possible situation to win games. Then it is time to move on, ala Tony Dungy, Herm Edwards, and any other coach that has moved on after getting their team to a certain level and failing.

[quote name='oftt4' post='432965' date='Jan 25 2007, 02:49 PM']I agree, it all started with Cowher not getting his players fired up. That is why I think a new staff, with a young coach who wants to prove himself is just what the team needed.

And as for the offer, if the rumors were true...Cowher wants more money than Holmgren got (8 or 9 mil)....and the Rooneys just arent going to do that with anybody.[/quote]

You have to pay to play at the next level and the Stains will pay!

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' post='433051' date='Jan 25 2007, 04:53 PM']WTF are you talking about???

[b]I said this is the make or break year for Marvin.[/b] There comes a time when a team should take the next step, this time is this season. If Marvin doesn't "Coach" his team to a conference title game (because that is what Head Coaches do) they put their team in the best possible situation to win games. Then it is time to move on, ala Tony Dungy, Herm Edwards, and any other coach that has moved on after getting their team to a certain level and failing.[/quote]

Say who?? You? Marvin could cock slap Katie Blackburn on the 50 yard line during the singing of the national anthem on Sunday Night Football and he would still deserve to be the Head Coach of the Bengals after putting this franchise on his back and carrying them out of the darkness. Of course I'm being extreme, I figured you would like the visual image, but my point is Marvin is far from having a make or break season imo.

Considering he's NEVER had a losing season, he's taken this team to the playoffs, and won the division it's amazing stupid of you say next year is a make or break year. What Marvin has accomplished here in 4 years is pretty fucking amazing seeing as no quality coach with a better option would take the Bengals job in 2002.

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='bengals8580' post='432978' date='Jan 25 2007, 03:11 PM']id trade marvin for every coach that made the playoffs. id trade marvin for a piece of dog shit. cause thats what he is[/quote]

Ban ban ban this kid. :headbang:

[quote name='Jason' post='433048' date='Jan 25 2007, 04:48 PM']You mean in the post you quoted? Notice there was a condition on that, and a "maybe". And note also I said make him GM. That's not getting rid of him. And I never said it before that.

I'm not being political about it. I don't think he needs to go. Not yet. But if he doesn't improve as a game day coach, I might change my mind.[/quote]

You with your "maybe's " and "if, then's", are you the dark horse GOP canidate for '08?

[quote name='Farbeyonddriven' post='433162' date='Jan 25 2007, 10:28 PM']Marvin IS the BACKBONE of this team. Without him we might as well have Coslet back.[/quote]

I completely agree, this stuff is coming mostly from the few who dont know much about football so keep that in mind.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='433220' date='Jan 26 2007, 12:03 AM']Carson Palmer is the backbone of this team, end of story.[/quote]
he is the arm of this team :ninja:

Guest Bengals1181

[quote name='bengals8580' post='432978' date='Jan 25 2007, 03:11 PM']id trade marvin for every coach that made the playoffs. id trade marvin for a piece of dog shit. cause thats what he is[/quote]

did you forget to take your medication today? :blink:

Guest CrazyIrishman5
[quote name='bengals8580' post='432991' date='Jan 25 2007, 03:24 PM']i agree. we were the laughing stock of the NFL before marvin, and we still are with marvin. FIRE MARVIN!!! woo hoo he got us from shitty to mediocre. well were still mediocre.

i agree. we were the laughing stock of the NFL before marvin, and we still are with marvin. FIRE MARVIN!!! woo hoo he got us from shitty to mediocre. well were still mediocre.[/quote]
[img]http://www.dreamincode.net/forums/uploads/post-1-1118269991.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='432987' date='Jan 25 2007, 03:21 PM']Agreed, but Im laughing at the Anderson and Arians picks, as a head coach the 1st thing you have a chance to show on your decision making skills is who you pick to be in your staff. Not good picks imho.[/quote]

I dont know if I would consider them back picks just yet. I have noticed that you guys dont like Anderson much as a coach, but he hasnt really had much to work with...and despite the dislike of Ben around here, he is a good QB. I think he will do fine.

Arians....the jury is still out on this guy. I dont know what to think since I dont know all that much about him...but he must have SOME good qualities or he wouldnt have been promoted.

As for missing Grimm, I dont think they will miss him that much....the O-line was the biggest weakness on the team this year. I think this is another instance where new blood will be a good thing.

No matter who the coaches end up being, there are going to be some growing pains....impossible for there not to be when your entire staff changes, with the exception of the DC.

Oh, and as far as Marvin going to the Boys....I agree that it is most likely bullshit...like most of the crap from PFT.

[quote name='oftt4' post='433244' date='Jan 26 2007, 06:46 AM']I dont know if I would consider them back picks just yet. I have noticed that you guys dont like Anderson much as a coach, but he hasnt really had much to work with...and despite the dislike of Ben around here, he is a good QB. I think he will do fine.

Arians....the jury is still out on this guy. I dont know what to think since I dont know all that much about him...but he must have SOME good qualities or he wouldnt have been promoted.

As for missing Grimm, I dont think they will miss him that much....the O-line was the biggest weakness on the team this year. I think this is another instance where new blood will be a good thing.

No matter who the coaches end up being, there are going to be some growing pains....impossible for there not to be when your entire staff changes, with the exception of the DC.

Oh, and as far as Marvin going to the Boys....I agree that it is most likely bullshit...like most of the crap from PFT.[/quote]

Anderson hasnt even been able to improve slightly what he has had, not the sign of a good coach. I mean Leftwhich was the #2 QB taken behind Palmer, and hes probabally going to be elsewhere next year and it isnt as if he hasnt had anyone to throw to, Jimmy Smith aint no slouch. (This year he may not have had anyone all pro, but their WRs did look good against you in that 1st game)

I think your line had issues due to a few guys getting long in the tooth. We may get that from Willie Anderson in a few years (and we got it from Braham this year in the form of an injury)

Growing pains do happen I agree, and you will have them when you replace most of your O coaches, however we replaced our WR coach with Hue Jackson a few years ago and didnt miss a beat, now well see if that happens again this year with whomever comes in, but I think we have enough experience between Chad and TJ to be fine.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='433220' date='Jan 26 2007, 12:03 AM']Carson Palmer is the backbone of this team, end of story.[/quote]

He's a capable head coach with a bad habit of trying to hit the jackpot on thugs he thinks he can tame. Thing is - there's plenty of capable coaches around. When you lived through the Dave Shula and Coslet era, Marvin might look like a god but he's far from it. As long as the front office is willing to pay for a capable head coach and shell out some cash for players, sign their draft picks in a timely fashion, etc.. - they will remain competitive, Marvin or no Marvin.

You dont fucking bite the hand that feeds you... i mean Marvin has created a contender, and just because one aspect of his establishment isnt the greatest doesnt mean you turn your back on him. Marvin turned us around, you just dont fuck with something like that. The Colts didnt get rid of Tony or Peyton just because they couldnt win the big game, and now look, their in the fucking SB.
So anyone who said you'll take cash or draft picks are ignorant. :0stfu:

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='J. Lindsey' post='433586' date='Jan 27 2007, 12:21 AM']You dont fucking bite the hand that feeds you... i mean Marvin has created a contender, and just because one aspect of his establishment isnt the greatest doesnt mean you turn your back on him. Marvin turned us around, you just dont fuck with something like that. The Colts didnt get rid of Tony or Peyton just because they couldnt win the big game, and now look, their in the fucking SB.
So anyone who said you'll take cash or draft picks are ignorant. :0stfu:[/quote]

The only thing Marvin "did" to create a contender was draft Carson Palmer.

Guest schotzee
[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='433664' date='Jan 27 2007, 12:38 PM']The only thing Marvin "did" to create a contender was draft Carson Palmer.[/quote]

Can't really agree with that.He took one of the worst franchises ever in any sport to an 8-8 record in his first year as a head coach with Kitna as his QB.I think he'd have us contending without a Carson palmer.

Archived