Latest Rumor - Marvin to Dallas

[quote name='ravonaf' post='432270' date='Jan 24 2007, 12:28 PM']Sure I do. And I know that soP is a business man first. It would be a poor business decission to keep a coach who wants out. Especially when you can get something for him rather than risk it and end up wasting a year keeping him on and then getting nothing. But that's not why he's not going any place. He's staying because he believes he can win in Cincy.[/quote]

Agreed he isnt going. But dont know that I agree that Brown would give up his coach to the guy that fought him over naming a stadium after his father.

Yeah, ....that made my day when I read that! :D

[b]me too!!..I hope they never win again!!!...I don't know who I despise more the Squealers or the Murderers...I don't think it's a good thing that 9 Bengal players have been arrested but for that prick to still be playing football and now say he's a minister after he killed two people in cold blood is one of the biggest travesties in all of professional sports. The media has definitely overplayed the Bengal off the fieled shenanigans for sure especially since Askew was cut and also exonerated and Rucker and AJ have done nothing wrong since they've become Bengals. I do agree that we have to shape up but has anyone on our club killed anyone?.. and gotten away with it?. Why was this put to rest so quickly?. Because the murderer is a good player who helps the NFL make tons of money?...This makes my blood boil every time I have to listen to idiots put down the Bengals...[/b]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Marvin has a unique relationship with Mike Brown. It is obvious that they both geniunely
like and respect each other. Marvin would never play the Bengals like this, he is still very
thankful for Brown giving him an oppurtunity when others in the past, passed him over.

And we all know all too well how loyal Brown is with his coaches. Since Paul Brown died,
Marvin has been Mike's best hire. He's not going to give him up to the likes of Jimmy Jones.

Silly rumor. Much ado about nothing.[/b][/color]

[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' post='432261' date='Jan 24 2007, 12:22 PM'][b]I think Cowher ends up there to start the 2008 season..[/b][/quote]

It was Mike Brown that got rid of Cowher and got that whole coaching staff change accomplished, ...WTG Mike!

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='432268' date='Jan 24 2007, 12:26 PM']So you think Marvin will be here until 2014? Thats wishful thinking...
Mikey obviously showed who he thought was the face of this franchise with that resign. Listen, Marvin did his job of getting the right players here but Carson will be the reason this team fails or succeeds... not Marvin. Look at the colts with Peyton. Thats not Dungy, its Peyton. The way our team is built right now, it all revolves around our QB. If we had a better D with 4 additional picks over the next 2 years, think of how much that would benefit this team??[/quote]

Hard to say, but if he keeps winning I dont see why not unless he decides to retire. And as far as a resigning, how many times has Marvin's contract been ripped up now in favor of a new one? And the picks thing is just going to be a cicular argument with me, as the Raiders didnt do anything with theirs. One might also argue that Payton doesnt make the superbowl without their D being the best D in the playoffs thus far this year, (Because he hasnt had a Payton like game yet) and that is Dungy.

[quote name='TDB' post='432233' date='Jan 24 2007, 12:05 PM']Marvin has done a marvelous job with the Bengals thus far. It's amazing what one injury ridden step back season coupled with a spree of arrests can do to a fanbase. Trading him for a bunch of high picks would be a bit counterproductive in terms of building a Superbowl contender, yes? We'd have more talent (don't we already have plenty of that?) and question marks all over the coaching aspect of the football team.

We really are the bastard sons of Paul Brown, aren't we?[/quote]

Without a doubt...

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='432241' date='Jan 24 2007, 12:11 PM']My Loyalty is to the Cincinnati Bengals, not to Marvin Lewis. My loyalty is to fielding a winner.

So the equation to examine is what has a better chance of helping this team? Marvin Lewis or 2 first rounders 2 second rounders.

To me, I would take the draft picks over the coach. The coach has done his part in turning the franchise around and has put the players in place to play. With the extra picks, we could take the team to a dominate level regardless of the HC.

EDIT: Also, everyone needs to quit with thinking Marvin will take this team to the next level. Our team and franchise revolves around 1 person and that's Carson Palmer. It doesn't matter who the coach is, Carson is this team.[/quote]

Well...You could go ahead and take what is behind 'Door Number 3', but that is no guarantee that the guys won't get hurt (Perry, Pollack) or get into trouble (Joseph).

The certainty lies with sticking with a proven commodity. How long did it take Cowher to win a SB in Shitsburgh?

As far as Palmer goes, it is obvious that he is a linchpin in developing a Superbowl winner...But he also came up short this year, and that doesn't stop many of us from believing he can put it all together and get even better.

So why shouldn't we assume that Marvin is on the same kind of trajectory? They are obviously tied together...That's why they are the ones giving the press conferences.

BZ

Anyone who thinks getting rid of the best coach we've ever had besides Paul Brown is a god damn fool. I don't care how many draft picks we would get in your silly ass dream scenarios, no draft pick is going to be able to lead this team to the SuperBowl, only Marvin can do that. We have one of the best coaches in the league and some of our idiot fans are willing to part with him for 2 first round picks.

We've all seen too many times that first round picks aren't sure things, I'm not going to name the numerous first round bust this franchise has had to endure, but you get the point. Good coaches are almost as hard to find as a good qb, and we've got both. This team is extremely young at key position so that means our best days are ahead of us. Any traitor who thinks that Marvin has done his job by getting us to this point and now we can fire him is a disloyal little rat bastard, without Marvin this site wouldn't be here, you wouldn't be here or a public Bengals fan.

This thread is the height of stupidity and anyone who thinks getting rid of Marvin Lewis for a few draft picks is a goddamn fool.

[quote name='ONYX' post='432274' date='Jan 24 2007, 12:33 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Marvin has a unique relationship with Mike Brown. It is obvious that they both geniunely
like and respect each other. Marvin would never play the Bengals like this, he is still very
thankful for Brown giving him an oppurtunity when others in the past, passed him over.

And we all know all too well how loyal Brown is with his coaches. Since Paul Brown died,
Marvin has been Mike's best hire. He's not going to give him up to the likes of Jimmy Jones.

Silly rumor. Much ado about nothing.[/b][/color][/quote]

Agreed, nobody remembers Marvin comming to tears in the locker room about how much garbage Mike has gotten over the years a few years ago?

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='432268' date='Jan 24 2007, 12:26 PM']So you think Marvin will be here until 2014? Thats wishful thinking...
Mikey obviously showed who he thought was the face of this franchise with that resign. Listen, Marvin did his job of getting the right players here but Carson will be the reason this team fails or succeeds... not Marvin. Look at the colts with Peyton. Thats not Dungy, its Peyton. The way our team is built right now, it all revolves around our QB. If we had a better D with 4 additional picks over the next 2 years, think of how much that would benefit this team??[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Brown is oldschool. As long as the Bengals are consistantly competitive, expect Lewis
to have a long tenure here as coach similar to Bill Cowher and the stealers.

To resign Carson was a no-brainer, anyone with common sense would have done that. Marvin
is still the face of this team, not Carson. Carson is the franchise player, Marvin is coach and face.
[/b][/color]

[quote name='Nelson Muntz' post='432278' date='Jan 24 2007, 12:36 PM']Anyone who thinks getting rid of the best coach we've ever had besides Paul Brown is a god damn fool. I don't care how many draft picks we would get in your silly ass dream scenarios, no draft pick is going to be able to lead this team to the SuperBowl, only Marvin can do that. We have one of the best coaches in the league and some of our idiot fans are willing to part with him for 2 first round picks.

We've all seen too many times that first round picks aren't sure things, I'm not going to name the numerous first round bust this franchise has had to endure, but you get the point. Good coaches are almost as hard to find as a good qb, and we've got both. This team is extremely young at key position so that means our best days are ahead of us. Any traitor who thinks that Marvin has done his job by getting us to this point and now we can fire him is a disloyal little rat bastard, without Marvin this site wouldn't be here, you wouldn't be here or a public Bengals fan.

This thread is the height of stupidity and anyone who thinks getting rid of Marvin Lewis for a few draft picks is a goddamn fool.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]CO-SIGN !!!![/b][/color]

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='432268' date='Jan 24 2007, 11:26 AM']So you think Marvin will be here until 2014? Thats wishful thinking...

It's both of them. Dungy relies on Peyton's arm to win him games, but the Colts don't win the AFC championship without Dungy (or someone in the coaching staff) out-adjusting Belicheck. that was some second half.

[quote name='Actium' post='432286' date='Jan 24 2007, 12:48 PM']It's both of them. Dungy relies on Peyton's arm to win him games, but the Colts don't win the AFC championship without Dungy (or someone in the coaching staff) out-adjusting Belicheck. that was some second half.[/quote]
[b]seeing the Pats take it in the shorts was quite enjoyable....[/b]

[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' post='432287' date='Jan 24 2007, 11:49 AM'][b]seeing the Pats take it in the shorts was quite enjoyable....[/b][/quote]

Indeed. Brady looks absolutely devastated. Peyton seemed in shock, like he couldn't believe what just happened.

I really want the Colts win the SB, so Peyton doensn't feel too bad when he watches the Bengals dominate for the next decade.

Guest Whodey420
[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' post='432220' date='Jan 24 2007, 11:57 AM'][b]Bill Bellidick had 1 winning season in his first 6 as a head coach...Basically he sucked balls as a head coach ..Marvin has done a lot better than that.. and will continue to win and win big..He is by far and away the best coach we've ever had and if he ever were to leave it would be destructive to the franchise...[/b][/quote]

Marvin is a good coach and all but PAUL BROWN is by far and away the best coach we've ever had
and if ole Marvin would have followed Paul's lead on building a team with men of good character
we wouldnt even be having this discussion.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='432276' date='Jan 24 2007, 12:34 PM']Hard to say, but if he keeps winning I dont see why not unless he decides to retire. And as far as a resigning, how many times has Marvin's contract been ripped up now in favor of a new one?[/quote]

What do you think that was, ...luck, ...the planets aligning just right, ...or a scheme by Mike to get rid of Cowher?

Whatever it was it worked well and Cowher left.

Guest ravonaf
I don't believe this team or any team can win without a good coach. I don't care how much talent a QB has. A team is not one person. Lot's of great QB's have faded into nothing because of crappy coaching or crappy drafting. Great QB's can put you over the top. But Coaches have to create the foundation to get there. A team is nothing more than the personification of the coaches. Take away Marvin and replace him with some idiot and in 2-3 years Carson would be begging to get out of cincy. Don't even think for one second that Carson doesn't owe his seccess to Marvin and the team he has built up around him practically from scratch.

[quote name='Actium' post='432288' date='Jan 24 2007, 12:51 PM']Indeed. Brady looks absolutely devastated. Peyton seemed in shock, like he couldn't believe what just happened.

I really want the Colts win the SB, so Peyton doensn't feel too bad when he watches the Bengals dominate for the next decade.[/quote]
[b]He deserves it...He's a hard working bastard and a great player who has tons of class. I would like to see him win. I also think Carson takes his seat from here on out. I was surprised to not see Brady congratulate Peyton after the win..That was classless..Like those a holes dod'ny win enough ...I also hope we never see them win again...along with the murderers and the Squealers...[/b]

[quote name='Whodey420' post='432289' date='Jan 24 2007, 12:55 PM']Marvin is a good coach and all but PAUL BROWN is by far and away the best coach we've ever had
and if ole Marvin would have followed Paul's lead on building a team with men of good character
we wouldnt even be having this discussion.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Personally as a fan, I'd much rather have a team with men of good talent. Character is a
subjective intangible. Besides, in Paul Brown's era, the world was a lot different.[/b][/color]

Guest ravonaf
[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' post='432292' date='Jan 24 2007, 12:56 PM'][b]He deserves it...He's a hard working bastard and a great player who has tons of class. I would like to see him win. I also think Carson takes his seat from here on out. I was surprised to not see Brady congratulate Peyton after the win..That was classless..Like those a holes dod'ny win enough ...I also hope we never see them win again...along with the murderers and the Squealers...[/b][/quote]

Yeah. Did you see Payton trying to find him. While the camera was on him you could see him searching and searching the crowd. After the way they celebrated after the Chargers game they are really starting to look like a classless team.

[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' post='432292' date='Jan 24 2007, 11:56 AM'][b]He deserves it...He's a hard working bastard and a great player who has tons of class. I would like to see him win. I also think Carson takes his seat from here on out. I was surprised to not see Brady congratulate Peyton after the win..That was classless..Like those a holes dod'ny win enough ...I also hope we never see them win again...along with the murderers and the Squealers...[/b][/quote]

He did congratulate him--I missed it too because he ran out to him, and ran into the locker room right after. It was quick but he did go out there. Brady took the loss very, very hard. Here's a pic to prove it:[attachment=177:Brady_crushed.jpg]

Guest ravonaf
[quote name='sneaky' post='432293' date='Jan 24 2007, 12:58 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Personally as a fan, I'd much rather have a team with men of good talent. Character is a
subjective intangible. Besides, in Paul Brown's era, the world was a lot different.[/b][/color][/quote]

A hard working guy will less talent will beat out a more talented less character guy every day of the week. Even in this day and age. Players don't just have bad character off the field and good character on the field. Bad character will always translate to play on the field. Paul brown knew this and was able to build stronger teams with less talented players. It's human nature. That will never change.

Guest ravonaf
[quote name='Actium' post='432295' date='Jan 24 2007, 01:02 PM']He did congratulate him--I missed it too because he ran out to him, and ran into the locker room right after. It was quick but he did go out there. Brady took the loss very, very hard. Here's a pic to prove it:[/quote]

I stand corrected. Thanks for the pic. I wonder who Payton was looking for then. He was trying to find someone.

[quote name='ravonaf' post='432300' date='Jan 24 2007, 12:06 PM']I stand corrected. Thanks for the pic. I wonder who Payton was looking for then. He was trying to find someone.[/quote]

I think it was Belicheck. He waited for him to talk to Dungy, then went up to him and put out his hand. Belicheck blew right by him, not even looking at him. Peyton responded by patting Bill on the belly as he passed. It was really poor form.

Archived