Latest Rumor - Marvin to Dallas

[quote name='IndianaBengal' post='432444' date='Jan 24 2007, 05:52 PM'][b][size=6]Hey! You Posters that want Marvin out the door for high rd pix------>[/size][/b] :1441: :fing06: :fing06: :fing06: :fing06: :1441:[/quote]

Will anyone who [b][size=4]WANTS[/size][/b] Marvin gone, please raise your hand.

I doubt there will be many, if any.

[quote name='ravonaf' post='432327' date='Jan 24 2007, 01:59 PM']Ok. You know exactly what I'm talking about. You are being difficult. You don't even get looked at in the NFL unless you have talent. Less talented in the NFL is still a fuck ton more talent than you or I have. The levels in talent between the example I used is not that much. But work ethic will put the less talented guy over the top while the more talented guy with an attitude problem probably doesn't work as hard. It takes talent and a work ethic to be great in the NFL. Take a team of extremely talented players that don't give a fuck and you are suddenly 2 and 14.

Character is not a subjective thing. You either work hard or you don't. It's as simple as that. As far as JJ the only thing we know right now is he is extremely talented and didn't give a shit. The second part can't be denied. After all the shit the team went through. After all the bad press. After all the preaching done by everyone. He didn't give a shit and did it anyways. If he doesn't give a shit on the field odds are when it comes time to make sacrifice for the team he won't give a shit then either.

It's not intelligence either. These players know better. They just don't give a fuck. It's not hard to stay out of trouble. EVERYONE knows what to do and what not to do. They CHOOSE to do these things. Choosing to do these things means you have bad character. Just like at times Henry let up when going across the field. Or when Deltha got beat because he really doesn't care about football anymore. Those are bad character guys. Maybe they can be fixed maybe not. But there is no denying it affects them on and off the field.

For every guy like Montana or LT I can show you a ton load of very talented guys that didn't make it in the NFL because they had bad character. And I can also show you less talented guys that work hard, stayed out of trouble, and earned themselves a nice NFL career.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]No I am not being difficult. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angel.gif[/img]

Character is subjective. Because every body does not have the same moral values and expectations. Nine Bengals have made poor choices but who are you and I to say that
they have poor character? Nobody is perfect, and we have all made mistakes, some bigger
than others.

Marvin is not the player's father, parole officer, or pastor. He is their boss at work. He and the
owner (Mike Brown) may be guilty but they are only guilty of giving these players a chance.

I can show you just as many players who were knuckleheads in college, or early in their
career but when given a second chance (and sometimes 3 or 4 chances) they were able to
turn their lives around and have a stellar career. Chris Carter comes to mind.

It is up to the players to make the most of the oppurtunity.

Its a damn shame that now adays men like Marvin get bashed because they were willing to
give somebody with a troubled past an oppurtunity for a fresh start.

And as far as players not giving their all on the field, I dont believe Lewis would tolerate it.

The perfect example of this is O'Neal. He got into Marvin's doghouse for effort and even when
O'Neal was healthy enough to play, Lewis still chose to start Tory James over him because he
did not trust him. And we all know how much Tory struggled this year.

Now, if you want to talk about character that takes integrity to do something like that.

Kudos to Marvin.[/b][/color]

Guest IndianaBengal
[quote name='Jason' post='432451' date='Jan 24 2007, 06:06 PM']Will anyone who [b][size=4]WANTS[/size][/b] Marvin gone, please raise your hand.

I doubt there will be many, if any.[/quote]
go back and read pg 1. I stopped right there.

Guest WhoDeyForever

Wow..if this happened i would want demarcus ware,marcus spears,jason witten,roy williams,bobby carpenter and 3 1st round draft picks..oh yeah if we even got rid of Marvin I don't think I would be a Bengals fan :1violin: No way this happens.

Sign me up for Eric Ball's position - Director of Player Relations. Although he is not on the coaching staff, we need someone in there with a plan......

Offseason - All the single guys get carted off to Amsterdam - can't get in trouble there everything is legal.
In season - hire 53 members from Go-Bengals.com as personal body guards for all players. You get pulled over with a bag of weed, the GB member takes the fall. Bengal player wants to bang an ugly chick, offer up your sister or your mother. Player wants to drive drunk throw him the back seat with your sister or mother......

:ninja:

[quote name='Jason' post='432451' date='Jan 24 2007, 06:06 PM']Will anyone who [b][size=4]WANTS[/size][/b] Marvin gone, please raise your hand.

I doubt there will be many, if any.[/quote]

I would "trade" Marvin in an instant for 2 additional first round picks and 2 additional second round picks...

I would do it instantly.

[quote name='Phatcat' post='432458' date='Jan 24 2007, 06:13 PM']Sign me up for Eric Ball's position - Director of Player Relations. Although he is not on the coaching staff, we need someone in there with a plan......

Offseason - All the single guys get carted off to Amsterdam - can't get in trouble there everything is legal.
In season - hire 53 members from Go-Bengals.com as personal body guards for all players. You get pulled over with a bag of weed, the GB member takes the fall. [b] Bengal player wants to bang an ugly chick, offer up your sister or your mother. Player wants to drive drunk throw him the back seat with your sister or mother......[/b] :ninja:[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Good idea because A-men already provides that service for some of us. :whistle: [/b][/color]

:ninja:

[quote name='IndianaBengal' post='432444' date='Jan 24 2007, 05:52 PM'][b][size=6]Hey! You Posters that want Marvin out the door for high rd pix------>[/size][/b] :1441: :fing06: :fing06: :fing06: :fing06: :1441:[/quote]

good input.

Marvin is just a coach. He's done a remarkable job turning this franchise around. I believe with 8 1st and 2nd round picks in 2 years for this team, nothing is telling how great this team would be. Do you realize how much talent could be added?

Hell Brat could coach our team with 8 1st and 2nd round picks and win the superbowl 3 consecutive years...

*As long as Carson is healthy...

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='IndianaBengal' post='432446' date='Jan 24 2007, 05:54 PM']I'm starting to understand just how many 13 yr old posters are around here..[/quote]

heh that's the same thing I thought after I read you last post.

I'd take 2 first round picks for Marvin. We've got everything in place to win already (Carson Palmer), besides a defense which Marvin has completely failed to build.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='432461' date='Jan 24 2007, 06:16 PM']I would "trade" Marvin in an instant for 2 additional first round picks and 2 additional second round picks...

I would do it instantly.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Blasphemy !!!!

If I were king, I'd feed you to the lions!! May you have the worst case of jock itch for
the rest of your days ! (spits at your post) I curse you, you hethan !!! (shakes fist)

:rant: [/b][/color]

[quote name='ONYX' post='432467' date='Jan 24 2007, 06:19 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Blasphemy !!!!

If I were king, I'd feed you to the lions!! May you have the worst case of jock itch for
the rest of your days ! (spits at your post) I curse you, you hethan !!!

:rant: [/b][/color][/quote]

Why?

Am I the only one who is thinking of this rationally? (EDIT: I now see OWN is as well)

The offense is in place for the next 5 years... what else could Marvin do to help that?

We have a defense in shambles... We have no idea if Odell can contribute or Pollack and we have two starting corners who seem to be on the way out of here (tory and deltha) and a 3rd who just got caught with some sticky icky (im sure nothing will happen to him, just saying). With 8 1/2 round picks in 2 years, any coach could assemble a defense that can match our offense.

For anyone to value Marvin that high is a little insane. I would take 4 impact players (hell maybe 2 are busts, I don't care 2 impact players at least) over a head coach any day. This team is a few playmakers away on Defense from being ungodly good.

Guest IndianaBengal
you haters are fuckin crazy
--did Marv fail to appear for tests
--did Marv run into Ruben Droughns
--did Marin deliver the load of cash to Carey in Oct?
--did Marvin play LB against Peyton Manning in Indy?
--did Marvin botch a snap in Denver

etc, etc,etc,!!! The bengals have seen some unbelievable shit this yr. So its all the coach's fault. You guys kill me. Go read trailer nation for fun.

[quote name='IndianaBengal' post='432471' date='Jan 24 2007, 06:26 PM']you haters are fuckin crazy
--did Marv fail to appear for tests
--did Marv run into Ruben Droughns
--did Marin deliver the load of cash to Carey in Oct?
--did Marvin play LB against Peyton Manning in Indy?
--did Marvin botch a snap in Denver

etc, etc,etc,!!! The bengals have seen some unbelievable shit this yr. So its all the coach's fault. You guys kill me. Go read trailer nation for fun.[/quote]

I dont think a single person on here has said anything is Marvins fault...

[quote name='IndianaBengal' post='432476' date='Jan 24 2007, 06:31 PM']if nothing happening this yr was his fault, then why are some willing to trade him for picks?[/quote]

I've already named my reasons why I would trade him...

He's a coach, not a player. We aren't a few Marvins away from the superbowl, we are a few playmakers on D away from the superbowl.

If the oppurtunity presented itself for 4 additional 1st and 2nd round picks for a coach, you would be crazy not to take it.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='432468' date='Jan 24 2007, 06:23 PM']Why?

Am I the only one who is thinking of this rationally? (EDIT: I now see OWN is as well)

The offense is in place for the next 5 years... what else could Marvin do to help that?

We have a defense in shambles... We have no idea if Odell can contribute or Pollack and we have two starting corners who seem to be on the way out of here (tory and deltha) and a 3rd who just got caught with some sticky icky (im sure nothing will happen to him, just saying). With 8 1/2 round picks in 2 years, any coach could assemble a defense that can match our offense.

For anyone to value Marvin that high is a little insane. I would take 4 impact players (hell maybe 2 are busts, I don't care 2 impact players at least) over a head coach any day. This team is a few playmakers away on Defense from being ungodly good.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]How long have you followed this team?

Talent means nothing if a good head coach isnt around to cultivate it. The Bengals had top 10 picks
almost every year during the 90's and where did it get them?

Yeah we can say those players were busts now but at the time, any team would have picked the
very same players.

When players like Copleand, Wilkinson, Klingler, Carter, Smith, and Wilson came here, they
never had a coach who knew how to get the best out of them.

So you think Dave Shula can now take the 2007 Bengals to the Super Bowl after you trade
Marvin to the Cowboys for all those picks?

[/b][/color]

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='sneaky' post='432480' date='Jan 24 2007, 06:35 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]How long have you followed this team?

Talent means nothing if a good head coach isnt around to cultivate it. The Bengals had top 10 picks

Yeah we can say those players were busts now but at the time, any team would have pick the
very same players.

When players like Copleand, Wilkinson, Klingler, Carter, Smith, and Wilson came here, they

So you think Dave Shula can now take the 2007 Bengals to the Super Bowl after you trade

[/b][/color][/quote]

I don't think Shula can take us to the super bowl, but with all of the talent on this team he sure as hell could have taken us to 8-8 last season.

[quote name='ONYX' post='432480' date='Jan 24 2007, 06:35 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]How long have you followed this team?

Talent means nothing if a head coach isnt around to cultivate it. The Bengals had top 10 picks

Yeah we can say those players were busts now but at the time, any team would have pick the
very same players.

[/b][/color][/quote]

Your obviously not paying attention.

This team is already fully set on one side of the ball. Marvin did a fantastic job of helping to set that side. It's fixed we are now ahead of the curve on offense.

However, on Defense we are a few playmakers away.

I understand Marvin is a GREAT head coach and I love that he is our coach, but there is a price on every person and my price on Marvin is 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders. If that situation presented itself, I would take the players over the coach.

Guest IndianaBengal
[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='432479' date='Jan 24 2007, 06:34 PM']I've already named my reasons why I would trade him...

He's a coach, not a player. We aren't a few Marvins away from the superbowl, we are a few playmakers on D away from the superbowl.

If the oppurtunity presented itself for 4 additional 1st and 2nd round picks for a coach, you would be crazy not to take it.[/quote]
I see that you have convieniently decided to sweep Odell & Pollack under the rug. Not giving Marv any credit for trying to build that strong defense..

[quote name='IndianaBengal' post='432485' date='Jan 24 2007, 06:39 PM']I see that you have convieniently decided to sweep Odell & Pollack under the rug. Not giving Marv any credit for trying to build that strong defense..[/quote]

what are you talking about?

I am giving Marv credit.

Are you 13? unable to read and debate?

I don't know how many more times I have to say that Marvin is doing a great job but I would take players over him in a heartbeat.

People need to quit crowning Pollack as some great player too... he did NOTHING so far in his career as a Bengal. I too think he would be great some day but he's still done NOTHING so far.

[quote name='sneaky' post='432480' date='Jan 24 2007, 06:35 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]How long have you followed this team?

Yeah we can say those players were busts now but at the time, any team would have picked the
very same players.

[/b][/color][/quote]

How many of those players were really talented though?

[color="#FF0000"][b]I believe that the recent rise to mediocrity have allowed you and Own to forget
how bad this franchise was before Marvin arrived.

You want to say Carson is making Marvin, but you fail to recognize how it was Marvin
that decided to sit Carson his rookie year and allow him to watch and learn instead of
throwing him to the wolves.

You fail to recognize how it was Marvin that had enough foresight to bench the
reigning comeback player of the year (Kitna) in 2004 and start Palmer instead,
even when the so called experts and pundits were calling him crazy for doing it.

You fail to recognize how Marvin brought in Ken Zampeese who many believe has
had a greater impact on Carson's developent than Bratkowski.

It's easy to say that Carson makes Marvin now isn't it?

But with the wrong man in charge, Carson could have ended up like a Harrington or
Carr, or Klingler, or Smith, etc, etc.[/b][/color]

Archived