Latest Rumor - Marvin to Dallas

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='432526' date='Jan 24 2007, 07:58 PM']I have a secret.
Brat had a hand in picking several of those players you mention. ;)[/quote]

Thats no secret. I hope to god Brat had a hand in picking them.

I've always said that Brat is a great offensive GM... just a shitty playcaller. He's a great talent developer... just shitty playcaller.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='432528' date='Jan 24 2007, 08:01 PM']seriously, i would not trade Marvin Lewis for any coach in the league. period.

does he still have some growing to do as an NFL head coach? sure. but that's my guy. has been even prior to him signing in Cincy. i was in fear of the skins signing him to be HC instead of just DC, but luckily dan snyder doesn't know a fucking thing about football...[/quote]

Id do it for Belichick, but thats it. No one else.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='432530' date='Jan 24 2007, 08:05 PM']Thats no secret. I hope to god Brat had a hand in picking them.

I've always said that Brat is a great offensive GM... just a shitty playcaller. He's a great talent developer... just shitty playcaller.[/quote]

Im just giving you a tough time, the playcalling thing we've already been through.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='432531' date='Jan 25 2007, 01:05 AM']Id do it for Belichick, but thats it. No one else.[/quote]
not me. marvin's early HC record is better, and i think his potential is just as good if not better.

yeah, i drink the Marv-ade. he's my guy.

and it'll take more than petulant kiddies getting arrested on drug charges and/or a handful of draft picks to change my mind.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='432531' date='Jan 24 2007, 08:06 PM']Id do it for Belichick, but thats it. No one else.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]You filthy little slut !!!! :rant: [/b][/color]

:ninja:

[quote name='sneaky' post='432533' date='Jan 25 2007, 01:11 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]You filthy little slut !!!! :rant: [/b][/color]
:ninja:[/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

what he said :pointlaff:

Ok the more I think about it, the more I regret saying and believing what I've been saying.

TO me, this team is on the verge of greatness, as in superbowl greatness. We are a few players away on the defense side of the ball and our QB has to stay healthy, but we are close. 4 draft picks are for teams trying to rebuild, we are past that. We don't need picks to make this team great, we need proven ready to go players before our window closes.

With that being said, Marvin is a top 5 coach in this league and just needs to iron a few things out on this team to make a superbowl run. I overstated my beliefs earlier about a few draft picks but I believe those can only help a team trying to start over. What we have with Marvin is a great thing and honestly now I'm thinking there is no way I would trade Marvin at this moment. We have the foundation in place, now our coach needs to go out and win one for us with the system he's been using.

IN Marv I trust.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='432543' date='Jan 24 2007, 08:27 PM']Ok the more I think about it, the more I regret saying and believing what I've been saying.

TO me, this team is on the verge of greatness, as in superbowl greatness. We are a few players away on the defense side of the ball and our QB has to stay healthy, but we are close. 4 draft picks are for teams trying to rebuild, we are past that. We don't need picks to make this team great, we need proven ready to go players before our window closes.

With that being said, Marvin is a top 5 coach in this league and just needs to iron a few things out on this team to make a superbowl run. I overstated my beliefs earlier about a few draft picks but I believe those can only help a team trying to start over. What we have with Marvin is a great thing and honestly now I'm thinking there is no way I would trade Marvin at this moment. We have the foundation in place, now our coach needs to go out and win one for us with the system he's been using.

IN Marv I trust.[/quote]

No worries, your confidence was shaken because of the season we had. You are the apposle Peter to Marvin's BlackJesus. (This being the 1st Denial) ;)

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='432543' date='Jan 25 2007, 01:27 AM']Ok the more I think about it, the more I regret saying and believing what I've been saying.

IN Marv I trust.[/quote]

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

i pour a mean pitcher of Marv-ade i tell ya :badger:

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='432543' date='Jan 24 2007, 08:27 PM']Ok the more I think about it, the more I regret saying and believing what I've been saying.

IN Marv I trust.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]You're like Carmen Electra in those Taco Bell commercials. I have emailed Marvin, and he wont take you back,
you two-bit jezebel. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/33.gif[/img] [/b][/color]

IN Marv I trust.[/quote]

:bowdown:

I'm regretting what I posted in the first page of this thread too. I think it's easy to overestimate the value of draft picks and that's what I did. Particularly when your team's 1st and 2nd round picks do what ours did last year, start most of the year and perform very well for the most part. In reality you've got about a 50% chance of hitting (with the criteria for a success based on the position you're drafting in, I guess) and almost all players need some time to develop.

Guest TheBeaverHunter
Can Marvin take this team to the next level?

In Marvin I trust.........to make the Bengals a laughing stock for drafting thug players and leading this team to an 8-8 record.

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' post='432757' date='Jan 25 2007, 09:41 AM']Can Marvin take this team to the next level?

In Marvin I trust.........to make the Bengals a laughing stock for drafting thug players and leading this team to an 8-8 record.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Marvin will take this team to the promised land. A land where Lombardi trophies, milk and honey, and
big round breasts (and possibly some weed) will be plentiful.

When we get there, you will be unworthy. :onoudidnt: [/b][/color]

IN Marv I trust.[/quote]

As "my bad's" go, ...that was a good one! Welcome back!

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='432794' date='Jan 25 2007, 11:14 AM']supply and demand.[/quote]

I guess I could see that, but I dont think any team is going to do what the Bucs did ever again, especially since losing those picks ended up screwing TB over in the long run.

It might get worse (as far as supply and demand goes)....there is talk that Dungy might retire after the SB.

[quote name='oftt4' post='432796' date='Jan 25 2007, 11:16 AM']I guess I could see that, but I dont think any team is going to do what the Bucs did ever again.

It might get worse (as far as supply and demand goes)....there is talk that Dungy might retire after the SB.[/quote]

LeBlow can't be too far off either, ...he's getting up there. That would complete the shakeup of Stooler coaches and since he is delaying his departure for another few years then it'll be hard for them to recover quickly from this rebuilding time since they'll have to recover again when he leaves.

With that being said, [b]Marvin is a top 5 coach in this league [/b]and just needs to iron a few things out on this team to make a superbowl run. I overstated my beliefs earlier about a few draft picks but I believe those can only help a team trying to start over. What we have with Marvin is a great thing and honestly now I'm thinking there is no way I would trade Marvin at this moment. We have the foundation in place, now our coach needs to go out and win one for us with the system he's been using.

IN Marv I trust.[/quote]
What would you base this on?

[quote name='Jeb' post='432798' date='Jan 25 2007, 11:19 AM']LeBlow can't be too far off either, ...he's getting up there. That would complete the shakeup of Stooler coaches.[/quote]

He is going to stick around as DC for at least one more year, maybe two. Beyond that who knows....he IS old, but he looks pretty good for his age. His mind is still sharp, and he still has a passion for the game.

[quote name='PakMan' post='432800' date='Jan 25 2007, 11:20 AM']What would you base this on?[/quote]

Even as a stealers fan, I have to admit that he is a good coach, probably not top 5 IMO, but he's definately in the top half. There are some piss poor coaches out there.

Archived