A Life Ruined by a Blow Job...sad

Ben

[quote]though, lets be real: explain how this law hurts black people more than white people... the law isn't racially insensitive... its just stupid... however, the judges and probably the overall culture IS racist and that is the problem here...

4. I call out people or ideas that i think are prejudice towards minorities in this country... but its just as big of a crime imo to assume that this is a racial subject... was the girl even white? seriously, you guys are jumping the gun b/c this doesn't necessarily scream "BBWBBAWB"... That doesn't help anyones arguements...[/quote]

Your right the law in and of itself isnt hurting black people anymore than it hurts whites, but thats not the point, the point (as UK said) is that it was given the sentance it was given, or prosacuted at all (and I dont have the issue of it being prosacuted if the girls parents wanted to bring the charges forth, I dont know), the sentace is absurd, yeah ok he broke the law and should face something, but this is far and beyond anything normal. THAT is why it is racially motivated, this is the type of thinking (on their part) that we had in the 60's, well the laws are there they should pay for them, they effect the races the same. Yes the laws are there for all, but the sentancing is drasticly different.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='433324' date='Jan 26 2007, 12:06 PM']Your right the law in and of itself isnt hurting black people anymore than it hurts whites, but thats not the point, the point (as UK said) is that it was given the sentance it was given, or prosacuted at all (and I dont have the issue of it being prosacuted if the girls parents wanted to bring the charges forth, I dont know), the sentace is absurd, yeah ok he broke the law and should face something, but this is far and beyond anything normal. THAT is why it is racially motivated, this is the type of thinking (on their part) that we had in the 60's, well the laws are there they should pay for them, they effect the races the same. Yes the laws are there for all, but the sentancing is drasticly different.[/quote]

i agree that this is at least somewhat racially motivated (i would say that it is, but i am willing to give some benefit of the doubt)... however, w/ both of those points i was making, i was more or less calling out those that said this is b/c he was getting blown by a white girl...

The sentence is absord and that is probably b/c of racists judges... the law though is just a dumb law, and not racially motivated imo... i don't see how it could be...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='433372' date='Jan 26 2007, 01:33 PM']i agree that this is at least somewhat racially motivated (i would say that it is, but i am willing to give some benefit of the doubt)... however, w/ both of those points i was making, i was more or less calling out those that said this is b/c he was getting blown by a white girl...

The sentence is absord and that is probably b/c of racists judges... the law though is just a dumb law, and not racially motivated imo... i don't see how it could be...[/quote]

Well there in lies the question, would he have goten such a harsh sentance had the girl been black? Or would he have if he was white?

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='433272' date='Jan 26 2007, 09:20 AM']that's just not right.[/quote]

dude where are those fairfield teachers at :contract:

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='433384' date='Jan 26 2007, 02:13 PM']Well there in lies the question, would he have goten such a harsh sentance had the girl been black? Or would he have if he was white?[/quote]

was she not black? i have yet to see that proven or disproven yet...

to answer your second question though, if he were white he probably wouldn't have gotten in trouble...

the problem w/ our judicial system is also the benefit of our judicial system... its damn hard to change things b/c the judges get lifetime appointments... things (usually) change much slower in the judicial branch b/c for instance, we still have leftovers in the supreme court that were apppointed by jimmy carter (maybe even ford but im too lazy to check it out)...

being in the deep south, and assuming the majority of the judges left over in georgia are "old schoolers" (no offense oldschooler), its not far out of the realm of possiblities that there are a few "good ole boys" left over and are using their prejudices in that reguard... unfortinately, the only way to beat them is to wait them out and hope the next appointed judges are not prejudice...

Archived